Why do you want to learn Japanese?

201 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by SUPERJANPU  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Languages    Why do you want to learn Japanese?

SUPERJANPU
6yr ago
375 jpops
permalink Why do you want to learn Japanese? Anime? Manga? Travel? Curiosity?

~Thanks. :3

MML
6yr ago
826,791 jpops
permalink to read my idol's blog.

velvet13
6yr ago
1,051 jpops
permalink All of the above, it makes it easier to get some jokes of anime and manga that get lost in translation. Also it would be helpful once I can afford to travel there n_n

rahci15
6yr ago
6,258 jpops
permalink i want to be a translator or interpreter of teacher ><; and all of the above XD

Lazuardiharuhi
6yr ago
-6,918 jpops
permalink So, I can understand the Anime I'm watching without a sub title >.<

lheijhoy
6yr ago
5,935 jpops
permalink so i can understand the songs of the GazettE and others better.. :D

Kvarta126
6yr ago
409 jpops
permalink Well I always wanted to learn Japanese - I had a friend, half-Japanese so he's to blame for my love for their culture (old and present), their country and their language.

elenko94
6yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink Well, I might want to move to Japan someday and have a job there, so knowing the language isn't really an option, more like a requirement.

Also, it's fun learning new languages. It feels like such a major achievement when you understand a bit more than you did before :)

lovevisualkei
6yr ago
42,597 jpops
permalink because ive wanted to learn since i was a kid... plus im going/moving there in 2013, so learning would be a smart thing since ill be living there :)

yesilfare
6yr ago
1,076 jpops
permalink i watch anime a lot and listen jrock... so it would be nice to understand :P also someday i wanna go to Japan^^

Nyantaro4
3yr ago
6,254 jpops
permalink Me too :)

HeroFan4Life
6yr ago
8,328 jpops
permalink I want to learn Japanese so I can speak it when I go to Japan. :)

mochimochi
6yr ago
163,034 jpops
permalink So i can talk to my bias <3

daemonic13th
6yr ago
106 jpops
permalink Just wanna gain another language other than english...
also i could Watch or Read them RAW without Problems
And easily follow my Idol's Blog, Status, etc...

Stella95
6yr ago
2,181 jpops
permalink I love the language!! it is a really beautiful one, and I like the kanji :p (maybe not to learn, but they ought fancy :p ) it's a very rythmic language and they have some really beautiful words and expressions. It has different kinds of registers, like teenage language, very respectful language, female speech, male speech, ... I find it really intriguing :D hope one day I'll be fluent!! :D

FAHRENHEITISMvsLEADER
6yr ago
18,119 jpops
permalink I'm born to love Japanese language so i learn it

FAHRENHEITISMvsLEADER
6yr ago
18,119 jpops
permalink to understand WTH is Lead talking... no point watch the video without knowing anything

FAHRENHEITISMvsLEADER
6yr ago
18,119 jpops
permalink 1 of my dream is to live there

FAHRENHEITISMvsLEADER
6yr ago
18,119 jpops
permalink To read Lead's blog & news...their lyrics too

Dannysinss
6yr ago
5,069 jpops
permalink I like the languagesand It may be helpful when I visit Japan xD

Dannysinss
6yr ago
5,069 jpops
permalink Language*

gomaberry
6yr ago
166 jpops
permalink For friends and future careers. :)

RidhoFajri
6yr ago
1,880 jpops
permalink to watch anime ^^

RidhoFajri
6yr ago
1,880 jpops
permalink to study in japan ..

RidhoFajri
6yr ago
1,880 jpops
permalink 日本すきです。。

mochimochi
6yr ago
163,034 jpops
permalink 'Cause interesting xD

Glaxy
6yr ago
315 jpops
permalink I would like to travel around my darling Lieder verstehn wants, the country Japan to be able to maintain there with the people and because I simply love the language.

SUPERJANPU
6yr ago
375 jpops
permalink Thank you everyone for their posts! :)

yamaMoe
6yr ago
2,059 jpops
permalink Hmm, at first because I liked to see the difference in the languages. Anime and manga brought me to curiosity (what are these balls of rice I am seeing...and why are they triangles! Is that a house! They're eating on the floor!?). Then, I was presented a challenge of verbs, indirectness, and politeness.

After all that, I've realized that a second language can only bring me to more opportunities and to thousands of new people. Some of my best friends are in Japanese, and being able to express myself in not only English, but Japanese as well, had made our friendship stronger...

[i]Why miss out on a chance to be greater than one country? It has opened so many doors for me... I'm indebted to Japanese now.[/i] xD cheeessey.

kayanna
6yr ago
4,346 jpops
permalink first reason:
i want to go to Japan
second reason:
I love the Language cute and coooL!

soyokazeAFC
6yr ago
3,100 jpops
permalink To understand jdramas without subs and to understand jpop more easy and visit japan 1 day, also anime a bit

Drey
6yr ago
18,664 jpops
permalink I learn japanese simply because it's amazing and also because I like it!

eldudeisready
6yr ago
153,545 jpops
permalink to be able to watch anime without subs lol

ferrenfernandes
6yr ago
1,321 jpops
permalink its kinda cool XD

raimon
6yr ago
591 jpops
permalink hmm...
right now its not really a want, since im studying Japanese at the moment...

I am learning Japanese mainly because i want to understand their music,
which leads me to watching anime and drama, which also leads to me reading manga.

then after being exposed to different things about Japan through anime and etc. (whether its true or not) I wanted to take a vacation there... but always lack the will to actually save up and go.

after taking a class, I was then involved with my university's language program, which introduced me to some りゅうがくせい (International Students) from Japan, then i made a few friends.

which brings me to today, ME wanting to improve and go there in the near future...

Ala04
6yr ago
4,204 jpops
permalink to understand the meaning of the songs, animes, dramas and movies and when you get to travel to japan you can speak even simple phrases :)

nefertari
6yr ago
2,448 jpops
permalink since december 2013 - my job starts there

MissEvilCow
6yr ago
2,469 jpops
permalink Hmm, I like the culture, I hate waiting for anime/manga/show translations (especially the ones that nobody ever translates in the end), I want to live there for even just a short period of time sometime in the future, and I love learning new languages! (^ ^) That and sometimes in the future, I want to help translate videos people love, but never get subs for [like AAA videos?]; because, I know how it feels to not ever have subs (>o<)

thediabetiquegazettefan
6yr ago
-1,749 jpops
permalink to understand it and talk with it fluently

shimie
6yr ago
1,307 jpops
permalink so that someday when i go to Japan and see my idol i would be able to understand what he's saying and even give a response to him ^_^

Hannahia
6yr ago
11,550 jpops
permalink It's interesting, I really love to learn new languages!
And to understand what my fav bands saying on the TV, to be able to read their blog and journals with 'em...
To watch doramas without subtitles and such, to read manga in original...
And to talk with Japanese people...
Also, I like Japan at all

thediabetiquegazettefan
6yr ago
-1,749 jpops
permalink because it awesome to learn something deferent that your ^^

RenSaiki21
6yr ago
17,032 jpops
permalink Its Great to know how to speak in other language~!

zoefzoey
6yr ago
7,385 jpops
permalink I want to understand the songs I listen. Right now I search for the translation on internet to understand.
Also I want to be able to understand interview & blogs.

julieyui
6yr ago
2,247 jpops
permalink for anime, manga, watching jdrama without subs

Tweety91
6yr ago
13 jpops
permalink To watch anime, dramas and listen to jpop without having to search for eng subs.

Drey
6yr ago
18,664 jpops
permalink I learn japanese for three reasons:
1.Japanese it's pretty/nice language
2.I love everything related to Japan and I want to live in Japan
3.I could watch all my fave drama and anime in VO and eventually understand the songs I listen

lheijhoy
6yr ago
5,935 jpops
permalink so i can understand japanese songs :D

Sorameai
6yr ago
24,519 jpops
permalink I'm learning Japanese now because I love languages and cultures~ I'm studying to be a High School English, and ESL teacher, and want to be fluent in many languages!

I first became interested in Japanese through the music, and now love the culture and well, making it my first language that I chose to begin studying (:

miclarina
6yr ago
3,675 jpops
permalink for me it's travel and curiosity :) I love to learn new languages :D

Back  |  Forums    Languages    Why do you want to learn Japanese?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service