Why are Cpop fans uncommon?

14 posts  ·  created 7yr ago by sayurichan  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    C-Pop central    Why are Cpop fans uncommon?

sayurichan
7yr ago
34,121 jpops
permalink for some reason i feel like this category isnt as common as others, but idk why. for me i love cpop. its just as awesome. how do you guys feel? ^_^

GinaMa
7yr ago
1,641 jpops
permalink I feel the same but I dont see the songs I hear around Beijing on here. There are some really good songs. I just wish I knew what they are called.

KawaiiGirl1004
7yr ago
23,247 jpops
permalink You're right, this is just odd, i totally love the C-Pop, hahahahahaha.

KawaiiGirl1004
7yr ago
23,247 jpops
permalink That was just wrong the hahaha wasn't me *angry face* I love C-Pop

hamiam
7yr ago
3,678 jpops
permalink AH this is so true! where are all teh other CPOP lovers......

dotzcute90
7yr ago
179,417 jpops
permalink well, since i live in China, i know lots of them.. too bad here in JPA, cpop is kinda neglected compared to others genre.. but there are many great singers, they need more recognition :)

xenon
5yr ago
3,373 jpops
permalink promoting artists are lacking

Topazio
4yr ago
33,057 jpops
permalink thats right! lack of promoting. If it got out there, it would be as great as korean and japanese music. I love c-music. Just more branching out can help it.

sillycookiecupcake
3yr ago
4,176 jpops
permalink What about Tpop. They don't many fans :(

it's thanks to J-pop and K-pop taking the scene.

IfntTaeYoung
3yr ago
68 jpops
permalink I'm guessing there aren't as many international promoters for C-Pop like there is for K-Pop and J-Pop/J-Rock

arinsen
3yr ago
7,083 jpops
permalink I just got into Cpop lately and I wish it had more fans on international level.

ruki11
3yr ago
21,634 jpops
permalink cpop is not bad but, Japan and Korea have popular TV series and films and Japanese anime (actually ACGN), they made their music be known.
many bands I first listen from anime's op/ed and ... wow it's cool

weebllikespie
3yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink *sigh* This is one of the few questions that I have asked myself over the years of being here. I think the main reason is lack of promotions, which is extremely sad because Cpop is so underrated.

It's like the case with indie bands~ a lot of them are terribly underrated.

mdo7
3yr ago
431 jpops
permalink @ruki11, and @weebllikespie

There maybe some hope for Taiwanese pop. I do see K-pop fans slowly branching out to Taiwanese music (probably due to Taiwanese dramas rising popularity).

Also It looks like the Taiwanese has been heavily inspired by K-pop's global success, that they have invested money into revitalizing their pop music industry, it looks like they're trying to rival K-pop in the future. I mean let me show you:

ROC Cabinet spurs cultural and creative development

Kaohsiung breaks ground on pop music center

I also remember Taiwan's new president, Tsai-ing Wen has said it on a interview with Korea's Yonhap News that Taiwan want to increase bilateral ties with South Korea. I wonder why? I have the answer:

I mean this make sense. Taiwan was the first Asian country to cash in/ride on the K-drama popularity. That's why Taiwanese dramas are catching popularity amongst K-drama fans, it's already catching popularity in Latin/South America.

The good news is that Taiwan has studied their K-pop counterpart carefully. Taiwan has already has gotten 2 pop music center set up:

Taipei pop music center:

http://c1038.r38.cf3.rackcdn.com/group1/building2325/media/media_1.jpg

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/jpgs/taiwan/taipei_pop_music_center_r050310_16.jpg

Kaohsiung pop music center:

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/jpgs/taiwan/kaohsiung_maritime_cultural_b150211_a5.jpg

http://images.adsttc.com/media/images/55f6/f4a8/adbc/0150/0700/0371/newsletter/made-in-03.jpg?1442247836

So this is very ambitious for Taiwan. They're going the right direction when it comes to re-inventing their pop music industry. But here's one question: Can their pop music capture K-pop fans attention?

I mean judging from what I listen from Taiwan, I don't know if they can make music as good as their K-pop counterpart. I mean which Taiwanese music can capture you (and majority of K-pop fans attention) the same way as these music from K-pop and K-drama OSTs:

Also I was listening to this song from Hong Jin Young, and several people left comments said this song reminded them of old Chinese pop songs:

Despite being trot and sounding similar to Chinese, this got accepted amongst K-pop fans and non-fans outside of Asia while something sound similar in Chinese doesn't get accepted. So my question is: Should hit Chinese songs get a K-pop remake in order for international K-pop fans to branch out to listen to Chinese songs?

Back  |  Forums    C-Pop central    Why are Cpop fans uncommon?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service