Which do you prefer more; Noodle or Rice?

417 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by twoomnag  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Food & drinks    Which do you prefer more; Noodle or Rice?

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink hey,,tell me..which one do u prefer..noodle or rice?!
most asian countries has this kind of food rite?!dunno europe n other countries..neva been there..but u guys can still share ur thoughts..^.^
personally,,i like noodle more..the soup one better..like these~~

http://asianhon.com/images/JMFamilyNoodle_soup.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/SYeH1h86B6I/AAAAAAAAGFs/sh8HvTf-WbM/s800/Salmon+Noodle+Soup+500.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/United_Airlines_instant_noodles_snack.JPG/427px-United_Airlines_instant_noodles_snack.JPG

so,,what bout u guys?!

FallenAngels
5yr ago
17,825 jpops
permalink noodles. they make you feel warm inside

elenko94
9yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink [i]i have had bad experience with noodles :joops:
so i must say rice...
with chicken if i may add that :RBfrown: [/i]

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink bad xprience wit noodle?!wat?!almost die choking?!hehe..jus kidding..XP

elenko94
9yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink well..instant noodles here in sweden is cheap..so mom bought alot and forced me to eat it...
cant say i love eating it after awhile :RBfrown:

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink hak2..poor u..ask ur mum to stop buy it..can ah?! :STbigSmile:

elenko94
9yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink i have XD

but that on the pics looks really good

pigyranger
9yr ago
440 jpops
permalink lol idk what to say. well i love rice so much but then..i'v had some good noodle dishes.

darKTrankility
9yr ago
13,196 jpops
permalink Hmmmmm!! personnaly I prefer Noodles !!! like the tast and the smeLL !!! :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart:

Saber
9yr ago
361 jpops
permalink Why have one when you can have both! :RBhalo:

yeapXD
9yr ago
28,160 jpops
permalink well...i eat both. and LOVE both very much.

PHO noodles is the best. :RBhalo:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/pinay_blogger/wordpress/DSC04905.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282/sonath/kim_phung_pho_1.jpg

along with instant noodles. i love them to <33...also some other culture noodles that i dont know how to translate...all so yummy :jangel:

then RICE is basically YUMMY!! stir fry chicken and rice :jangel:[edit]Last edit by on Sunday 09 Aug, 2009 at 17:13 +5.3%[/edit]

Kokoniiruzee
9yr ago
2,607 jpops
permalink Noodles or Rice... omg I can't choose.

Right now I have a craving for noodles so that may make my choice biased XD

sasumirox4real
9yr ago
-2 jpops
permalink I love nabeyaki udon. Especially the thick kind of noodles. :RBheart:
http://www.tsukijijapaneserestaurant.com/images/gallery/noodles/IMG_5960.jpg

But yeah, I stay to rice mostly.lol
I like sticky rice because you can make many different dishes with it.[edit]Last edit by on Sunday 09 Aug, 2009 at 17:42 +4.3%[/edit]

giran
9yr ago
55,837 jpops
permalink Noodle is not good for health :RBstickout:
I hate that :RBveryAngry:

iReaLiZeUrD1
9yr ago
21,651 jpops
permalink Well... I like both of them, but if I were to choose one... I guess I'll choose NOODLES!!! Noodles is probably my favorite food (can't live without it)... rice is good too, but I can probably live with noodles over rice :)

LAsayuri
9yr ago
1,102 jpops
permalink i ate rice all the time !!
almost everyday !!
:RBstickout:

so i prefer noodles
in vietnam, there're lots of kinds of noodles ! :RBcrying:
we call this PHO !
http://zemraalb.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ns_no16pho.jpg

this is BUN
http://mmm-yoso.typepad.com/mmmyoso/images/2007/07/11/hoaihue04.jpg

this is BUN RIEU
http://static3.px.yelp.com/bphoto/Z5-g27ssq0Kmo0ci8_fxBQ/l

they're all delicious ! :RBheart:

oh, and i love ramen too !

seanto
9yr ago
2,165 jpops
permalink i luv noodels i get 2 maybe 3 packits of instent noodles a week and there all gone by the end of the week. my says if there on offer i can get them but if not i get 2 of the wonton noodels and i also luv chines chow man flavor. i can not live with out noodles

wonton
http://gallery.winza.net/d/885-2/IMG_6149.JPG
chines chow main
http://www.dineouthere.com/images/bo-kong-6.jpg[edit]Last edit by on Monday 10 Aug, 2009 at 05:51 +10.1%[/edit]

xautumnxrain13x
7yr ago
673 jpops
permalink OMG that looks so good!!
now im hungry

yasoshlasuma
9yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink I am more of a rice person. I dont really like noodles that much
BUT...
Seanto's pic of the chines chow main looks delicious.

Rice and noodles r popular in Western countries as well as Asian countries.

RagdollAlice23
7yr ago
286,388 jpops
permalink lol I was just looking at that pic and about to drool!! >.<

JustIronic
9yr ago
1,124 jpops
permalink I can't eat real noodles, only rice noodles or special noodles... So I'd say rice. I'd love to be able to eat real noodles, but well.. I'll just have to stand not being able to ^^,

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink the bun rieu posted by LAsayuri looks so delicious!!do they only has dis in vietnam?!neva saw this in malaysia..reaaallly make me wanna try it..

ApolloZeta
9yr ago
158 jpops
permalink Oooooh the epic battle of the Noodle vs the Grain of Rice.
I love them both but I have to say that I find myself eating more Noodle dishes than Rice dishes. But I will add that I know a dish that includes both of them that is fantastic!!!!!!

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink dis tyme i'm gonna post bout my fav dry noodle dish.. :D
such as:

pattaya fried mee(idk is it really from thailand or not)
usually inside the egg-wrap is rice but i like noodle better.. :)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0SxShMxy6NQ/RlsUl5Ho5LI/AAAAAAAAAYI/O0I1vhVRfOE/s400/Nasi+goreng+pattaya.bmp

and also
penang char kuey teow(its not really noodle i think but its in the group)XP
http://jennifaye.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/char-kuay-teow1.jpg

the kuey teow not really a dry dish though..kinda dry..^.^

~~aargh..now i'm hungry myself..

LOVECLOUD
9yr ago
364 jpops
permalink [size=9]I'm from Hawaii, and both are super popular here and you can get them anywhere. I like rice more because it's easy to mess up noodles. You can eat both of them by itself too! Haha, idk about anywhere else, but here we buy Top Ramen noodles and smash it up and eat it dry sometimes. It's good! :D[/size]

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink lovecloud,,u smash the ramen?!
what do you mean by smash?!

keanne01
9yr ago
3,588 jpops
permalink i prefer rice! :)
noodles isnt enough for me..
and i cant eat that too. it is not required for my health.. :RBcrying:

can i add.. uhm.. :RBundecided:
fried chicken? :D :RBheart: :RBheart:

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink haha..feel free to add what you would like to have with the rice/noodles..
umm..fried chicken yummy..!!^.^

for me,,i would also say fried chicken and also prawns..
i love prawns..

nielle08
9yr ago
1,626 jpops
permalink i like both....
but i must say noodles........ love the smellllll...
:RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart:

Pineappley
9yr ago
1,459 jpops
permalink Mmmm... so hard to choose... they're both so nice... :RBheart:
I guess I like noodles [i]slightly [/i]better... :RBhalo:

SixPackSamurai
9yr ago
1,569 jpops
permalink Noodles for sure for me. So much variety that you can have.

jrawkaneko
9yr ago
2,057 jpops
permalink OMG that is so hard!!! It depends I guess. I love both! :)

kims611
9yr ago
1,454 jpops
permalink Hmmmmmmm....for me daily food that I eat is rice, bcuz I'm Filipino so we eat a lot of rice. But I love noodles to espeacially the white kind of noodles... Yummy!! Talking about it makes me hungry~.~

Maybe I should check the kitchen if we have more instant noodles!

But I know we always have rice cook already at my house!

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I am not sure that I can pick between them. I really like Sushi and that mean that you have to like rice. So I really like the rice is is tasty and moist and just right when you are hungry.

One the other hand I love all kinds of noodles. When ever I got to the local Asian Buffet my time is split between the Sushi and the Mongolian Wok. I am sure that only half of it is close to authentic. Still I do not care it is tasty.

Sadly I do not think that I can make up my mind. the only advantage that one had over the other is that it is easier to keep rice out of my beard. I freqently have problem with draggin the noodles through my beard as I eat. I am sure that is something that no one here wanted to know.

Well that is the only advantage of one over the other that I can think of. So I suppose that rice it is.

princessakira01
9yr ago
5,092 jpops
permalink well i enjoy noodles..but i enjoy rice more!!!
i love shrimp fried rice...
fried rice -plain...good!!
chicken fried rice is ok..not as GREAT as shrimp!! lol :D

james2nv
9yr ago
952 jpops
permalink rice

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I know that I said I could not choose between the two or them. Still I went to this mongolian grill that just opened up around here. They made me some stuff with fried noodles that was very tasty. So I think that noodles have just pulled ahead in my book.

DekaMastah
9yr ago
2,229 jpops
permalink Rice is like an everyday thing for me so not that much variation on it.

There's a noodle place down here by my office building (a mom and pops kinda one) and they got great stuff.

So yeah, +1 for the noodle camp.

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I just had some very nice rice balls today. I am not sure what their propper name is. they were triangular and had some fish in the center. They werevery nice. I do believe that i said noodles had the upper hand because of some tasty noodles that I had the other day.

Well I think there rice balls have given the rice the upper hand. The reality is that one cannot make a noddle ball. Well I suppose you could try but the very idea sound unappetizing. I mean noddles in a ball. I do not know why that sounds wrong. Still ti does.

Well there is my vote for the moment. Rice is in the lead.

MiKiSaNtoS
9yr ago
1,344 jpops
Quote by LOVECLOUD
[size=9]I'm from Hawaii, and both are super popular here and you can get them anywhere. I like rice more because it's easy to mess up noodles. You can eat both of them by itself too! Haha, idk about anywhere else, but here we buy Top Ramen noodles and smash it up and eat it dry sometimes. It's good! :D[/size]

omg... we do that in guam too.
do u sprinkle the flavor packet on top too???
hahaha

i prefer noodles. like good ol' chow fun or geez..any noodle.
hiyashi chuka. yum on a hot day.

LiQorishh
9yr ago
5,514 jpops
permalink i like both, no wait, i just love food...good food, food that's cooked well :] but if i keep eating it every single damned day, like in elen's case with instant noodles, the satisfactory and enjoyment level diminishes T_T[edit]Last edit by LiQorishh on Saturday 07 Nov, 2009 at 17:33 +0.9%[/edit][edit]Last edit by LiQorishh on Saturday 07 Nov, 2009 at 17:31 +0.9%[/edit]

iLuffsush1
9yr ago
529 jpops
permalink [edit]Last edit by iLuffsush1 on Saturday 07 Nov, 2009 at 14:30 -6.7%[/edit][edit]Last edit by iLuffsush1 on Saturday 07 Nov, 2009 at 14:29 +0%[/edit][edit]Last edit by iLuffsush1 on Saturday 07 Nov, 2009 at 14:29 -0.2%[/edit][edit] Types of noodles by primary ingredient

Wide, uncooked egg noodles.Contrary to widespread belief, pasta types such as penne, rigatoni, farfalle and others are not classified as noodles. While they are produced with some of the same wheat based ingredients, their form and structure do not adhere with that of the noodle family of food products.[citation needed]

[/edit][edit] Wheat

Handmade short, thick small German noodles called spätzleChūka men (中華麺): Japanese for "Chinese noodles", used for ramen, chanpon and yakisoba
Lamian (拉麵): hand pulled Chinese noodles.
Mee pok (麪薄): flat, yellow Chinese noodles, popular in Southeast Asia
Nokedli: Hungarian noodle
Pasta: approximately 350 variants used in Italian cuisine
Sōmen (そうめん): very thin Japanese wheat noodles
Spätzle: a Swabian type of noodle made of wheat and eggs
Tészta: various ranges of Hungarian pasta
Udon (うどん): thick Japanese wheat noodles
Erişte: flat, yellow or reddish brown Turkish wheat noodles
[/edit][edit] Rice

Idiyappam, Indian rice noodles.Flat or Thick rice noodles, also known as héfěn or ho fun (河粉), kway teow or sen yai (เส้นใหญ่)
Rice vermicelli: thin rice noodles, also known as mǐfěn (米粉) or bee hoon or sen mee (เส้นหมี่)
[/edit][edit] Mung bean
Cellophane noodles, also known as glass noodles, sweet potato Vermicelli or bean vermicelli. fěnsī (粉絲) in Chinese, harusame(春雨) in Japanese, soun or suun in Indonesian, wun sen (วุ้นเส้น) in Thai. These are the principal ingredient in the Korean dish japchae.
[/edit][edit] Potato or canna starch
Cellophane noodles can also be made from potato starch or canna starch or various starches of the same genre.
Gnocchi, small Italian dumplings.
Halušky, small Slovak dumplings made of grated potatoes and wheat flour (and sometimes egg), usually made with sheep's cheese, sauer cabbage, or tvaroh (cottage cheese/curd), and fried bacon.
[/edit][edit] Buckwheat
Makguksu (막국수), local specialty of Gangwon Province in South Korea
Naengmyeon (냉면): Korean noodles made of buckwheat and sweet potato starch. Slightly more chewy than soba.
Soba (蕎麦): Japanese buckwheat noodles
Pizzoccheri: Italian buckwheat noodles from Valtellina, usually served with a melted cheese sauce.
[/edit][edit] Acorn
Acorn noodles, also known as dotori guksu (도토리국수) in Korean, are made of acorn meal, wheat flour, wheat germ and salt.
[/edit][edit] Types of noodle dishes

A simple noodle soup consisting of Soy sauce and Sesame oil.Basic noodles: These are cooked in water or broth, then drained. Other foods can be added (for example a pasta sauce) or the noodles are added to other foods (see fried noodles or lasagna) or the noodles can be served plain with a dipping sauce or oil to be added at the table. In general, noodles are soft and absorb flavors.
Chilled noodles: noodles are sometimes served in a salad. An example is the Thai glass noodle salad
Fried noodles: dishes made of noodles stir fried with various meats, seafood or vegetables. Typical examples include chow mein, lo mein, mee goreng, hokkien mee, some varieties of pancit, yakisoba and pad thai.
Noodle soup: noodles served in broth. Examples are phở, beef noodle soup, ramen, laksa, saimin and batchoy, and chicken noodle soup.
[/edit][edit] See also
Look up noodle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Noodles
Food portal
Chinese noodles
Cup noodles
Frozen noodles
Instant noodles
Japanese noodles
Korean noodles
Philippine noodles (pancit)
Shirataki noodles: Japanese noodles with very low carbohydrates
Vietnamese noodles
[/edit][edit] References
^ Harper, Douglas. "noodle". Online Etymology Dictionary. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=noodle. Retrieved 2009-10-14.
^ "Oldest noodles unearthed in China", BBC News, 12 October 2005
^ Food reference
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noodle"
Categories: Pasta | Noodles | Staple foods
Hidden categories: Articles needing additional references from June 2008 | All articles needing additional references | All articles with unsourced statements | Articles with unsourced statements from October 2009 | Articles with unsourced statements from September 2009ViewsArticle Discussion Edit this page History Personal toolsTry Beta Log in / create account Navigation
Main page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
Search
Interaction
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
Contact Wikipedia
Donate to Wikipedia
Help
Toolbox
What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Printable version
Permanent link
Cite this page
Languages
العربية
Català
Česky
Dansk
Deutsch
Español
Esperanto
Français
한국어
Ido
Bahasa Indonesia
Íslenska
Italiano
עברית
Kiswahili
Lietuvių
Bahasa Melayu
Nederlands
日本語
‪Norsk (bokmål)‬
Runa Simi
Русский
Simple English
Suomi
Svenska
ไทย
Tiếng Việt
文言
粵語
中文

This page was last modified on 7 November 2009 at 15:07. Text is available under the Creative Commons[/edit]

twoomnag
9yr ago
1,776 jpops
permalink ilufsush1-san,,what did u post?!
do u understand the topic or not?!

NYCgirl
9yr ago
2,284 jpops
permalink I like both....:)

Rinnie
9yr ago
404 jpops
permalink Depends on how it's cooked. I think noodles are easier to eat though. I really like the taste of lo mein ^-^

BrianaBird
9yr ago
1,323 jpops
permalink I like noodles a lot more, because it's more fun and a little tastier. But I do love rice, too ^^

yuki24
9yr ago
371 jpops
permalink [i][/i]

i perfer rice it's better than noodles[edit]Last edit by yuki24 on Thursday 26 Nov, 2009 at 20:34 +1.1%[/edit]

yuki24
9yr ago
371 jpops
permalink [i][/i]

i perfer rice, rice is better than noodles[edit]Last edit by yuki24 on Thursday 26 Nov, 2009 at 20:32 -65.4%[/edit]

Keekusu
9yr ago
129 jpops
permalink I prefer noodles

I like those fried ones with chicken <3 Going to eat them today :D can't wait. :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: http://www.nuku.de/pictures/gebratene-china-nudeln-in-samcheong-dong-seoul-3787-460.jpg

MidKnight
9yr ago
1,024 jpops
permalink I say both :RBohNo: I cant pick one over the other!!

Back  |  Forums    Food & drinks    Which do you prefer more; Noodle or Rice?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service