When did you start to cook?

127 posts  ·  created 7yr ago by Miki  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Food & drinks    When did you start to cook?

Miki
7yr ago
3,081,033 jpops
permalink Parenst are almost always the one to cook for you, but at some point you have to learn how to do it yourself, you either enter university that is far away from home, or start living separately, or maybe you were always interested in cooking and learned the ropes at a young age?
When did you start to cook?

Miki
7yr ago
3,081,033 jpops
permalink I never really liked cooking that much. It was always my mum who cooked. I were able to fry eggs, make an omelette or simple stuff like this but nothing else really. But then I moved to UK and started my university life, you don't really have a choice but to learn how to cook. And surprisingly I really got into it. I love to cook and to experiment, and it turns out to be delicious as well!^^

elenko94
7yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink I think 15? I'm more into baking but it was around that time I started cooking with an older friend of mine, we helped each other and cooked nice things ^^
Like sushi that didn't turn out that good, but hey, we tried.

I'm still concerned when it comes to fish, meat and such, I'm afraid I'll make someone get food poisoning. xD
I can make the simple things such as meatballs and mashed potatoes, lasagna, spaghetti and meat sauce etc. Simple stuff <.<

JustIronic
7yr ago
1,124 jpops
permalink I don't know.. 14-15 perhaps? I'm 18 now, 19 in August.
I'm not super good at it, but I try my best. It's fun when you succeed and make something really good :)

For some reason I make great salads, and wok, but the rest... not so much, haha.

Mitsumi
7yr ago
24,510 jpops
permalink I still don't know how to cook and I'm almost 18 :P But I do like to bake :D Besides, my mom didn't know how to cook until she got married and now she's great at it.

niyaz
7yr ago
13,030 jpops
permalink i think when i was 9 or 10 i learned to cook egg.... ^^
and i just know to cook that... :)

marissa13
7yr ago
99,806 jpops
permalink I think i just started when I'm was in grade school... IDK :P

Sindra
7yr ago
23,405 jpops
permalink Eh, when they forced me at school to cook a meal for my parents... ^-^ I guess I was 14 or 15 years old then.
I guess I know how to cook, but I never actually cook... I leave that to my mother.

Zeeppo
7yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I do not recall. It was a long time ago. I do not think the oven had been invented yet. I had to cook my Mastadon meat over an open fire. AHHHHH the good old days.

shadownights99
7yr ago
65,040 jpops
permalink when i was really little i would always help my cook & i still do

Analisa
7yr ago
6,429 jpops
permalink Urm... when I was 8 years old..and the first thing that I cooked was fried egg & fried chicken.. it's all burnt but I ate that all.. ^^

kawararenaino
7yr ago
6,919 jpops
permalink I was 6 years old, and I figured out how to shop online for the Rotiserie machine by Ramco... on the dail-up!! XD
I used it to cook my chicken breasts and burgers.

kawamuraerikku
7yr ago
1,243 jpops
permalink one i got bored of chinese food and 99 cents noodles soup, i guess after that i realize there was a chef behind those containers of soup

shooshoo11
7yr ago
90 jpops
permalink I haven't started yet ^^

sakura95
7yr ago
1,034 jpops
permalink I started cooking when I was 8.

poohbear03
7yr ago
42,915 jpops
permalink i think i started when i was 6 or 7 leaning things here and there:)

Mina223
7yr ago
1,408 jpops
permalink I think I started with 5-6 to help my grandma when she was cooking ^^ and now with 25 I am the person who cooks the most at home... :D even the difficult thing, where my grandma says "this is to difficult, I make it by myself" :D

dotzcute90
7yr ago
179,417 jpops
permalink i started to learn simple dish from junior high school...

p609
7yr ago
1,114 jpops
permalink lol havent start it yet.. :D

asianlovexx
7yr ago
1,705 jpops
permalink When i first started becoming a vegetarian. My mom didn't want to cook for me so i decided to start cooking for myself. Now i think I'm a pretty good cook :D

darksama
7yr ago
828,868 jpops
permalink i can't remember... 15 or 16 i guess... :D

akiraxx
7yr ago
4,539 jpops
permalink A couple years ago :) I'm quite the cook even though I haven't been cooking very long :)

Lazuardiharuhi
7yr ago
-6,853 jpops
permalink can't remember it around 13 i guess :P
at first i only help my mother cook

RagdollAlice23
7yr ago
286,632 jpops
permalink I cant really cook lol I know how to cook eggs and eggs with cheese lol I need to learn how to make rice though!! O:) I also know how to make caldo de pollo (mexican chicken soup) I want to learn how to cook brownies and shrimp gumbo!! :moved: and if it was possible Kimchi!

jaden1992
7yr ago
276,260 jpops
permalink Umm I have been able to kinda cook since i was 14

Topazio
7yr ago
33,057 jpops
permalink ive been cooking since age 9. ^^

Asia1
6yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink When I was about 9-10? I was boiling noodles. :D

JustSoOdd
6yr ago
14,349 jpops
permalink Age of 6-7 ish. I all weds loved cooking experimenting whith gormay food and reich tasting food. If you live whith me exped to have all sorts odd food

weebllikespie
6yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink Just last year, although I'm not quite good at it just yet :)

Mahrigold
6yr ago
106 jpops
permalink When I was a teenager I could cook, bake etc. but somebody from adult always support me, after 18 I do everything by myself and I think I'm good in this.

JustSoOdd
6yr ago
14,349 jpops
permalink Well backing at age of like 3-4. Cooking about 7 years old becuse my dad fort old nouth cook your own food I'll watch so now am like a pro cook even in school whonted me to do cooking as like my Maine subject and to go on to become a pro Sheff but I trend there off down but my cookings restront standard I cook and bake at home. Thanks to my dad my mum can't cook for shitttts lols

ailoveyou32
6yr ago
6,828 jpops
permalink three years old ^^
i was tiny, but that didnt mean i couldn't cook

pinktopaz
6yr ago
1,782 jpops
permalink I think I was 16 or 17. :)

1crazy4drama
6yr ago
29,315 jpops
permalink At an early age 10 baking... Then went to making pasta...

Kumi29TT
6yr ago
3,320 jpops
permalink Amazingly, I started to cook at age 6. Mother taught me how to cook white rice, ramen noodles, how to chop pork meat, and grill pork ribs. I loved it!!!

rhaigne07
6yr ago
16,308 jpops
permalink hmmm..maybe when i was six....

MML
6yr ago
826,791 jpops
permalink 12 or 13

yasoshlasuma
6yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink i first cooked when i was 13 in Cooking Education at school, but i found it really boring. i was 18 when i started to actually enjoy cooking. mum taught me the basics and now when there a new recipe i wanna try, i cook it for the family.

Hannahia
6yr ago
11,550 jpops
permalink Cold "dishes" like salads or sandwithes, when I was 9 - 10
Hot - at 11 or 12 on cooking education lessons at school. But I'm still afraid of stoves and anything hot Q_Q

1crazy4drama
6yr ago
29,315 jpops
permalink Around 10 years old....

HeroFan4Life
6yr ago
8,328 jpops
permalink I was probably about nine when I learned. :3

MissEvilCow
6yr ago
2,469 jpops
permalink When I told my mum I was hungry and she said, "Then make something yourself fatty!"

TeaChan
6yr ago
33,332 jpops
permalink When I'm 9 years old.

mochimochi
6yr ago
163,034 jpops
permalink Ehmm, i don't remember it..

RukaLuka
6yr ago
4,512 jpops
permalink When I was around year 9-10

1crazy4drama
6yr ago
29,315 jpops
permalink I started at a young age making sweets ...

LyrreChelle
6yr ago
299,731 jpops
permalink i start to learn how to cook just this year month of january.. i'm having a cooking lesson ^^

Sorameai
6yr ago
24,519 jpops
permalink My mom would always teach me little recipes here and there as I grew up... I never really liked cooking, but there are some nice Italian dishes i can make

LyrreChelle
6yr ago
299,731 jpops
permalink this january 2013

shadowblade330
6yr ago
48,472 jpops
permalink last year but not that great

Back  |  Forums    Food & drinks    When did you start to cook?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service