What's your favorite genre?

246 posts  ·  created 10yr ago by amoni  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    What's your favorite genre?

amoni
10yr ago
887 jpops
permalink Hello everyone! I was wondering what genre you all liked? I am a heavy reader so I have a hard time choosing. I enjoy everything but I am leaning a bit toward fantasy at the moment.

everyone else? :)

kimihana
10yr ago
1,785 jpops
permalink Mmmm I'm not sure what specific genre, but I know what kinds of books I like. ^^

I really like books that have societies that seem perfect on the surface, but underneath it's all twisted with corrupted ideals. Ex. The Giver, Brave New World, 1984, even Battle Royale and The Golden Compass to some extent.

I also enjoy reading Greek tragedies like Medea and Oedipus. :)[edit]Last edit by kimihana on Saturday 07 Feb, 2009 at 02:07 +2.5%[/edit]

D4V1D
10yr ago
2,029 jpops
permalink mmmmm i like .... ugh so many i could not siad it

amoni
10yr ago
887 jpops
permalink oh wow I like greek works as well. :) they have that classic feel. hmm can't think of what genre those books would be either but good reads none the less. :D

lol I know what you mean D4V1D. It is hard to choose.

ranchan
10yr ago
710 jpops
permalink If you havent read the books Tale of the otori you should :) i think you will like it ^-^ hehe

amoni
10yr ago
887 jpops
permalink What's it about? I'll have to look for it. Thanks :)

RollinStarhero
10yr ago
5,025 jpops
permalink i love fantasy stories :) they r so exciting

nielle08
10yr ago
1,626 jpops
permalink adventures, mysteries, fantasies.......

Hanazawa
10yr ago
5,342 jpops
permalink here`s my fav genre book :

• fantasy
  • true story
  • thriller

amazn12
10yr ago
11,296 jpops
permalink hmmm....

fantasy
realistic fiction
mystery

Celestine
10yr ago
5,187 jpops
permalink Well for me, I like to read a lot too, but my favorite genre of books are Urban Fiction. I'm sure not a lot of people on here would like to read those novels, but they are basically about Street life, they are those scandalous, graphic novels. But they keep my attention and I enjoy them. I don't connect to them really, but I can see that they are very realistic from what I do know. I also like other Romance novels, I like Biographies, and I also like other Non fiction in general. Especially history.

kai09
10yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink i love reading thrillers!!! those with many cliffhangers!! it really excites me!! :RBhalo:

sometimes fantasy, like harry potter :D

Sesshou
10yr ago
325,842 jpops
permalink I like mystery, fantasy and thriller. But I also like to read romantic books. :RBohNo:

rashiyu
10yr ago
2,708 jpops
permalink i Love romance books - the ones with adventures...

i also love thrillers and suspense *ahem ahem* DEAN KOONTZ..my fave writer.. xD

Hanazawa
10yr ago
5,342 jpops
permalink havent change yet....
* fantasy
* true story
* thriller

and I put another one...
* romance

hahahaha :otsu:

KiA88
10yr ago
743 jpops
permalink thrilling...drama (from a real life story)...spooky...

melissaviolet
10yr ago
176 jpops
permalink See, I don't really have a favorite genre.

I like soo many.

Lately I have really been enjoying books that are about love...
I guess that would be romance :RBstickout:
But I like them all as I said.
So yeah.
It really just depends on my mood. :RBstickout:

If I'm sad I read sad books and the same for every other mood.
all in all, I'm not a very picky person.
I like to read

Lenighma
10yr ago
3,012 jpops
permalink ...Psychological horror. Horror. Romance horror. Drama/romance/horror. Anything horrific, but I can do with some REAL romance genres, too....

FrozenRosePetal
10yr ago
729 jpops
permalink i like reading fantasy, war fantasy, and romance, occasionally mystery or thriller

crystalluna2383
9yr ago
763 jpops
permalink Ahh! Same here, I love fantasy no matter what! :) I also like romance but I only read manga romance since the regular books don't interest me. So I mostly read mystery, fantasy, and sometimes culture/music once in a while. It makes me feel smart ;) lol, and it also lets me understand some stuff that I'm really curious about in those subjects.

otakutwin
9yr ago
6,177 jpops
permalink Favorite Genre? hmmmm well over the last 5 years I have been pretty much just reading Fantasy and Horror. Usually Vampire stories.

SmileHime
9yr ago
188 jpops
permalink i love to read too! but i haven´t got time to read the last few months v-v so i don´t know all the currents books. but my favourite genre will be thriller and fantasy *___*
i can´t read too much romance haha most of them are nearly the same... .___.

OrchidAngel19
9yr ago
2,496 jpops
permalink [i]Well, my favorite genre is actually fantasy - it's so much fun to read. My favorite series would have to be the Trickster series by Tamora Pierce, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, the Alchemyst series by Michael Scott, the Night World Volumes by L. J. Smith, and the City series by Cassandra Clare. I'm always looking for more books though![/i][edit]Last edit by OrchidAngel19 on Saturday 04 Jul, 2009 at 02:21 +2.4%[/edit]

patheticdream
9yr ago
207 jpops

at the moment??? .. hmmm i enjoy reading stories about teenage love affairs..with somehow a thrilling way and a good twist.. familiar with TWILIGHT??? .. guess that counts..

MarinaPaolillo
9yr ago
215 jpops
permalink I love of Mistery, romance, classics...
Because this, I recommend:
- Agatha Cristie
- Oscar Wilde
- Emily Brontë
- Jostein Gaarder
- Machado de Assis (brazilian author)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- and other, I not remember...
^^

wyndfyre
9yr ago
500 jpops
permalink has to be fantasy, mixed with adventure, action and comedy.

im not much of a romance, sci-fi person so i tend to stay away from those type of books. though occasionally my friends would lend me their chick-flicks and i would try to swallow them down :RBstickout:

velardeboi
9yr ago
1,550 jpops
permalink As long as it has magic, or a great adventure story, I'm all for it!

MyHappyRaindrop
9yr ago
9,340 jpops
permalink I like classic literature, and mysteries (especially the "who's the killer or suspect?" book.

AsianUverTimez
9yr ago
278 jpops
permalink i mostly read action and adventure

Miki
9yr ago
3,080,974 jpops
permalink My favorite genre is philosophy, Haruki Mirakami, Paulo Coelho, etc.
I also like Horror, Action and Adventure and light romance sometimes.

To be honest I would read any book as long as it is good.

ya2hikaru
9yr ago
14,580 jpops
permalink FANTASY and Adventure!! and Crime story too!!! I am a BIG FAN of Agatha Christie :RBheart: :RBheart:

persongirl
9yr ago
757 jpops
permalink I used to read a lot of girly books, but now I've gained an interest in science fiction since reading Ender's Game last year. I also write a lot. What I right tends to be science fiction/fantasy type stories. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like twilight right now. I've been thinking about putting some of the stuff that I write here on jpop asia.

nielle08
9yr ago
1,626 jpops
Quote by amazn12
hmmm....

fantasy
realistic fiction
mystery

ama-chan~ it's me~
same with me! i love fantasies and mysteries

nielle08
9yr ago
1,626 jpops
permalink anything but cheesy romances...... ahhhhhhhhh :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:

i love murakami's works.....

Hyeyun13
9yr ago
498 jpops
permalink I guess...Comedy,Fantasy and Mystery :RBheart:
because it exciting and great!!!!!!!
i hate Romance ,nothing good.... :RBundecided:

emily
9yr ago
2,369 jpops
permalink comedy and a little bit of romance
Fantasy is good too!
Anything that has action too so i wont get bored of it :RBstickout:

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I suppose I have two favorite genera of books. The first is history. I love reading about thing that have happened. It gives me more insite into what is going on in the world today. I especially like American History. This is probably a home time type thing. I also like British History. Once gain these are where my people came from. I have also found the history of of Russia and Japan very interesting. Neither are nations that I or my ancestors are from. Still there is something about these two countries that intrigues me. They have both done so much with several disadvantages. It is just interesting to see how a nation over comes this type of situation.

Recently I have been more interested in the Mayan and Aztec civilizations. Once again they have no impact on my family tree. Still there is something about solving the mysteries of a lost civilization that is very interesting to me. Also there have been great leaps and bounds in translating their texts. So many thing that we did not know are now being revealed. It is just an exciting time for these two ancient civilizations.

Also I like the Imperial Roman History. I especially like Emperor Claudius. He was a wiley type but not in an evil way like Nero. Still he should have had his mother put out to pasture before she killed him. Still hindsight is 20/20

I have also been getting into the history of troy and sparta. Nothing like a good old fashioned grudge match.

daephiresaffy
9yr ago
566 jpops
permalink umm, usually i read romance and fantasy..
but i can say i like all of genre

Gaijinchan
9yr ago
27 jpops
permalink I like fantasy books as well as adventure books.

Valyncier
9yr ago
180 jpops
permalink Ehh, I'd go for books that have comedy, horror, suspense and a bit of fantasy.

harukafujimaru
9yr ago
530 jpops
permalink mysteries!!!adventure!!! :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: fantasies
friendship...
sad stories

marga
9yr ago
6,108 jpops
permalink i like suspense and horror :)
it is totally fun :)
it stirs you up inside :P

kazumi23
7yr ago
27 jpops
permalink you're welcome.. :D I'm from Philippines.. :D How about you?

FrahYagami
9yr ago
108 jpops
permalink I love madly thriller :love:
Since I was little I really liked this kind and I got more and more passionate.

conan
9yr ago
2,548 jpops
permalink i like mystery,crime,ghost,thriller and fantasy :nod:

Azndramalover76
9yr ago
282 jpops
permalink HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..I D0N'T HAVE A SPECiFiC 0NE I L00VVEE ALL 0F THEM MYSTERY, H0RR0R, FANTASY, C0MEDY, R0MANCE, ETC. ETC. :STbigSmile:

kalio0
9yr ago
863 jpops
permalink I love the harsh reality type of books.
So books that involve drugs, therapy, violence (some love and sex always thickens the plots :D )
I always find it weird though, because I'm sooo not a serious person, but these kinds of books make my life.

Maddiechan
9yr ago
543 jpops
permalink I like fantasy, true story and romantic :RBheart:

ellzAiwa
9yr ago
47 jpops
permalink hmm.. i'd og for romance, suspense .. ohlala haha :RBhalo: :RBhalo:

nosebleed
9yr ago
321 jpops
permalink my favorite novels are written by John Grisham and Nancy Taylor Rosenberg,
i also like "The Majority Rules" written by Eugene Sullivan and Stephen Horn's "Law of Gravity".

My favorite John Grisham novel is "The Partner"
Nancy Taylor's - Mitigating Circumstances and Abuse of Power

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    What's your favorite genre?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service