What word do you dislike/hate?

25 posts  ·  created 3yr ago by IzuTaka  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Languages    What word do you dislike/hate?

IzuTaka
3yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink So this topic has been on my mind for a while and I haven't found a thread about it so... Recently I've recently found a word that irritates me everytime I stumble upon it.

When it comes to the English language (and other languages), there are plenty of positive/negative synonyms for one noun, verb, adjective, adverb, etc.

When I mean "What word do you dislike" I mean, what word gets on your nerves when used, makes you cringe, disgusts you, etc. (I.E. Some people don't like the word 'moist' because it sounds "gross".)

I'm curious if any of you have that type of word.
The word I hate is 'giggle'. What's yours?

Lunatic
3yr ago
379,732 jpops
permalink Mine would be the n-word. I don´t hate the people that is used about but the fact that the word itself is quite controversial due the fact that if black person uses it it´s completely okay but if non-black says it... well you´re straight out considered as a racist. This word is quite controversial if you ask me...

IzuTaka
3yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink That is true and I agree with your view as well.

elenko94
3yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink Before I read your first post I was going to say "moist" so err, moist. xD

AmeChan578
3yr ago
6,693 jpops
permalink I completely agree with Lunatic. The N-word is quite a controversial word. Additionally, the N-word has a history filled of suffering and blood :undecided:, and that is why it became a controversial word... At my old school, white people would often call black people by that word which is highly unacceptable, people should realise that black people don't take the word very lightly!

Anyways, another word that really annoys me is 'Contradiction'... XD

megajrockfan
3yr ago
305 jpops
permalink a few words that a cant stand to hear are words like Noob or weeabo. just generally describing people who may not be a engrossed into the genre as you are but your going to treat them like absolute s**t , and the same for anime forums where users call ppl weeaboes bcuz of the exact opposite reason. yeah some ppl can be pretty weird about anime that doesnt mean you can treat them like that.

sorry had to vent there lol

umi9wa
3yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Some words that have become associated with particular things or groups in society. Such as proud. You can't really say it without that conotation anymore. Or words that have sexual connotations, that normally would have nothing to do with that. It's absolutely ridiculous to me how you need to be careful when you use a word like "come".

IzuTaka
3yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink You make a perfect point and I agree 100%.

It really sucks when you can't have a casual conversation which has words with connotations that can be perceived different ways (I.e. 'come' like you said). As you said again, it is stupid that you have to be careful when saying those kinds of words especially around certain types of people. Instead of casual chit-chat, it goes into a fits of laughter.

Drevoi
3yr ago
70,486 jpops
permalink pity
"I pity him (a homeless)" they said that without helping him,...
most people were that so,.. I came to hate that word

well, its a different case if was used as a joke

yannychan
3yr ago
9,524 jpops
permalink [i]pretend[/i]

I hate people pretending that they're okay but deep inside they're hurting and bleeding.

YukiAzamaki
3yr ago
25,671 jpops
permalink [i]Betray[/i]

It's one of my most hated things on earth :angry:

shadownights99
3yr ago
65,040 jpops
permalink balloon its a very scary word to me

Motionlessly
3yr ago
2,837 jpops
permalink I hate the word "Pamphlet"
It just seems like an otherwise useless word to me O-o

YukiAzamaki
3yr ago
25,671 jpops
permalink [i]Homophobic[/i]

I just can't stand homophobic persons :angry2:

eyramhaye
3yr ago
10,657 jpops
permalink I hate the N-word and 'fag'. I'll throw daggers at people who'll use these words, especially when referring to people who are walking right past them.

KumikoMichiyo
3yr ago
11,927 jpops
permalink Feminine

When people say things like "that's so feminine"
I don't think words/actions should be given a gender :ambivalent:

BeForUAAA88
3yr ago
5,602 jpops
permalink It bugs me when people use the word gay as a insult
It's so rude and it's totally sick hearing people say, "Oh, that's so gay"
Since when was gay a insult?
If someone's gay I stick up for them
#LGBTRights
It bugs me -_-

jsonglyrics
3yr ago
180,608 jpops
permalink Same and different. (But at the same time I like the word different :P)

Because everyone is different. Not everyone is meant to be created the same or equally. If there are people who marry, there are people who divorced, are single, or didn't marry at all. There are people who are actually really nice at heart but can't get in any relationship because of how they look opposed to people who look really handsome/pretty but have a garbage-like personality. A lot of people would rather have a good-looking husband/wife but I'd rather be with someone who would treat me nicely with some respect because I give so much and it usually comes back all crumpled up.
People create a circle of friends who are the 'same' and there are people who aren't in a circle because they're 'different'. Even if someone may be the 'same', at heart, they may be 'different' and vise versa. But in reality, I think, we're just ourselves. I'm me and you're you and he's him and she's her and so on. (Thank you Barakamon and the opening song, Rashisa by SUPER BEAVER.)
I think everyone's similar instead of the 'same' and unique instead of 'different'. We're not completely different but we're not the same.

Alicia4Shiroyama
3yr ago
183,422 jpops
permalink artificial/ fake

It makes me question if anything is real sometimes.

Rukako
3yr ago
5,684 jpops
permalink Moist, yucky, and disgusting because they sound weird.
Artificial because I can't trust anything then.
Emo because it's the worst description of a person I've ever heard in my life. I want to burn it in Hell.

jsonglyrics
3yr ago
180,608 jpops
permalink "Your mom" (Especially if one of brothers is saying it :P)

I'm just like, what about my mom? You've never met her. People say it as an insult but I don't understand how or why it is. Like, my mom's my mom there's nothing wrong with her.

Japanimenya
3yr ago
122,934 jpops
permalink I dislike curse words most. I also dislike the word 'hate'. I still use that word, but I try not to hate too much. O:)

IzuTaka
3yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink Found out that the word 'breasts' makes me cringe a bit. Just something about the word seems so off and it bugs me.

nervousfan
3yr ago
275 jpops
permalink It's not an English word, but I really hate it when people use the word "Otaku" to describe themselves.
I also hate when people use the N-word, and when gay and trans are used as insults :/

CloudStrifey
3yr ago
79,998 jpops
permalink 'Fetish'. I don't have a problem with its meaning or anything, but the pronunciation makes me cringe. Its like those sounds weren't suppose to be linked together, but here they are, spawned from the pits of its cringey sound and into a word.

Back  |  Forums    Languages    What word do you dislike/hate?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service