what is the purpose of "jpops"?

12 posts  ·  created 3yr ago by RedBaron  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Questions & comments about JpopAsia    what is the purpose of "jpops"?

RedBaron
3yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink I realize they're a type of point system, but what are they good for - besides "buying" virtual "houses"? is there anything tangible they can be used for?

weebllikespie
3yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink Unfortunately not. Jpops is what it is: virtual currency for JPA. The jpops system is just a novelty feature added onto the site... there isn't much use for jpops outside of JPA. I'd love to trade my jpops for real cash lol but too bad there's no way we can do that.

elenko94
3yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink The question is answered in our FAQ - with everything JPOPs are used for. Please refer to that.

RedBaron
3yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink Thank you Elenko94. :)
I had tried searching "jpops" and "what are jpops" (because I did not want to bother anyone if I could find it myself), but it brought up hundreds of posts that did not tell me a thing.

elenko94
3yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink Yeah, the search function isn't optimized unfortunately... It will hopefully get better in the future. :)

TheViperman
3yr ago
41,114 jpops
permalink Uhmmm... Excuse me, but I just tried searching for "what are jpops" and I got just 5 posts, including 1 from this topic... o__O

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lb7nqwrJZjg/V1Oaq1H_psI/AAAAAAAAAZw/jDgYgUMDy2oIfFa8xWs68DQY9Qi__jG1ACCo/s740/search.png

elenko94
3yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink The search is so bad...

TheViperman
3yr ago
41,114 jpops
permalink Why is it bad? O.o

weebllikespie
3yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink For me, the search only works for one search term. Nothing shows up when I put 2 or more terms. Given there are well over a million total posts, it doesn't cut it.

Also, it only shows the latest posts, so if there are a lot of hits you won't see the older ones. This is a bit of a bummer because it limits our ability to pinpoint similar/double topics. Hopefully it'll be improved in the upgrade.

weebllikespie
3yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink As much as I hate to be picky, the key word was 'tangible'... the FAQ only mentions how to earn or lose jpops. Unless I'm somehow missing something vital (if so, please correct me accordingly), there's isn't any kind of material reward or merch you can obtain for jpops that I know of. If I remember correctly there used to be betting events for jpops or various competitions back in the day where you could win jpops but that's hardly tangible in my books.

elenko94
3yr ago
2,077,409 jpops
permalink For some "tangible" still means something on the site. All the uses for jpops are mentioned in the FAQ so... if no "tangible" rewards are mentioned, it implies there aren't any. How I perceived the question anyway.

weebllikespie
3yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink That cleared things up for me. Language is always so confusing ._.

Back  |  Forums    Questions & comments about JpopAsia    what is the purpose of "jpops"?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service