What do you think about the lolita fashion?

200 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by hotarutomoe13  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Fashion & beauty    What do you think about the lolita fashion?

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink What do you think about the Lolita fashion? Do you love or hate it?

I personaly love it!!! The style is so original in todays world.

My favorite Loli styles are Ero, Gothic, Guro, and Sweet.

To learn more, go here:
http://www.squidoo.com/newdiscoverylolita
[edit]Last edit by hotarutomoe13 on Monday 31 May, 2010 at 19:08 +31.8%[/edit]

lilaznlori
1decennia ago
871,701 jpops
permalink I think it's really cool! The clothes are so detailed and pretty and they can be super cute, or super scary, depending on your tastes. I really want a lolita dress, but they're so expensive. ;____;

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink ...[edit]Last edit by hotarutomoe13 on Monday 31 May, 2010 at 19:09 -2.1%[/edit]

KSsince1987
1decennia ago
13,815 jpops
permalink i dont think its very original since it became very popular worldwide. i prefer harajuku style

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink I love lolita, but I like a lot of Japanese street fashion. Not to say I wear it because it's just really not practical for everyday attire, but I do try to incorporate bits and pieces into my wardrobe. I have several loli skirts I've sewn myself which are not only comfortable but really cute.

ShadesChild
1decennia ago
372 jpops
permalink I like it. I prefer decora though. I got some great pics of girls in lolita and gothic-lolita style outfits when I visited Harajuku last May.

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Awesome!!! I'm trying to save up my money to get The Goth & Lolita Bible Vol.1 *if you ever heard of it*. It has sewing patterns so you can make your own Lolita clothing instead of spending thousands of yen. It also tells you how to be a Lolita child yourself.

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink :crying: Why isen't anyone really posting? Is everyone haters of lolita fashions?

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink I have the English GandLB...well the 2 they've put out so far. I just wish I could affor the clothes. I think, though, if I did have the money I would go more for Takuya Angel than Lolita. I love lolita, but the problem I have with it isn't the fashion- it's the elitists who think they can judge everyone and make fun of people's outfits. I think it really makes people shy away from expressing themselves and wearing what they want. The funny thing is, I see A LOT of pictures of girl's in Japan who would be made fun of here for wearing a not-so-loli lolita outfit. I know loli is different in the US versus Japan, but still...it just irritates me.

noname
1decennia ago
4,564 jpops
permalink I <3 loli, but I like it more in anime and manga than in real life... it looks so good on characters...(i just watched vampire knight). I'd love to draw it myself, the designs are so interesting and beautiful.
Real-life fashion wise I like loli but I <3 oshare kei and decora. My friends and I are planning to have an oshare kei photo shoot some time during this summer. I always wear a bow or a big barrette in my hair, but that's as far as I've incorporated it into my wardrobe so far...[edit]Last edit by noname on Monday 28 Jul, 2008 at 10:11 -99.4%[/edit]

noname
1decennia ago
4,564 jpops
Quote by ShadesChild
I like it. I prefer decora though. I got some great pics of girls in lolita and gothic-lolita style outfits when I visited Harajuku last May.
i wanna see~ i went to harajuku last month but i missed all the people on the streets b/c my friends made me stay in an anime store the whole time. http://www.jpopasia.com/img/forum/smiles/RBcrying.gif

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink At least you were in a anime store. It's hard to find anime things in stores...

Anime here is only in book stores, Hot Topic, or the internet.

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Out of all the loli fashions, which is your favorite style?

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink Oh I love so many loli styles but right now I really want to put together a good wa-loli ensemble. It's so cute!

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink That sounds awesome! Wa Lolita is so kawaii! ^_^

I would like to put together a Casual Loita outfit of Hello Kitty...

Like make a skirt with HK on it and have HK accessories.

So kawaii! ^_^

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink hehe I still wear HK stuff. I bought the cutest HK tank in the little girls section of Target. It looks adorable with my casual loli skirts I've put together.

gomu2man
1decennia ago
1,178 jpops
permalink well depend on who use it... sometimes i saw this girl wearing it but it totally doesnt suit her and thats pretty weird... but some girls wear it and yeh they look really good so it's really on who actually wearing it i think

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink You really have to wear it well to. Some styles suit people better, but it's all about self expression as well. I'm certainly not even close to being an elitist and I won't ever judge what a girl, or guy puts on.

Though gothic aristocrat guys are sooooo.....yum

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Yes I agree...

gomu2man
1decennia ago
1,178 jpops
permalink lols well not all i can tell may b ur thinking of miyavi right :p

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Nope Jeff... :tounge:

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink lol, as hot as Myvers is...he's so not aristocrat, though I have seen him in the GLB. He makes one beautiful woman haha

gomu2man
1decennia ago
1,178 jpops
permalink uhhhh i can only imagine arisa wearing cute lolta and no one elseat the moment xD

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink waaaa! what about me? i'm cute too aren't i.

kaldaddy1
1decennia ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Jeff says so. jk

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Nope... he's too shy.

kaldaddy1
1decennia ago
3,834 jpops
permalink O.K. Check this out. If he's shy while one-on-one, but a jerk when his friends are around - he REALLY digs you.

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :lovec: :lovec: :lovec:

kaldaddy1
1decennia ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Uh-oh. does that describe this Jeff?

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink ehem...what does this have to do with lolita? :boogie:

kaldaddy1
1decennia ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Oops...wrong thread. NEED...MORE...COFFEE....

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Sort of... :embarassed:
When he is around Alex :madc: he isen't mean or anything but loud and crazy (also funny)...

Jeff isen't mean to me, but Alex sort of is...

He makes jokes that may hurt that person deeply (not me though).

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
ehem...what does this have to do with lolita?

idk... :???:

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink lol, tis ok...

b.o.t. though-
I just bought the second EG&LB and I'm so excited I can't stop looking at it. As much as I love the Japapanese ones, it's really nice to read what's inside hehe

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink I agree... they hold such wisdom about the world of japanese fashion. ^_^

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink Have you gotten the Tokyo Look Book? It's not just Lolita, it has all kinds of street fashion. It's super fun to read and look at all the pics. If you haven't seen it you should go check it out.

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Yeah I should... but I need to save my money first and not spend it on manga.

My big downfall is manga... I have to have all the manga series from Shojo Beat and it has to be new not from the library.

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink ugh That stuff adds up fast!! I'm saving up to buy some loli shoes...boots or heels boots or heels....I can't pick.

kaldaddy1
1decennia ago
3,834 jpops
permalink That ones easy- HIGH heeled boots.

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink heels are a nice choice ^_^

the loli stuff is sooo expenisive, I couldn't afford it even if i tried. One pair of socks is like 16 dollars!

*if i mispelled anything... i'm sorry*

Renannon
1decennia ago
1,839 jpops
permalink It is super expensive. I can certainly understand why though. Even sewing my own isn't cheap. I still spend about $100+ per skirt I make.

And thanks Kaldaddy, Perhaps I will go with highheel boots...well, more like platforms hehe

marshmallowpie
1decennia ago
168 jpops
permalink i love lolita fashion, i would like to wear it, but it's expensive to keep it original...

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Yeah... for my b-day I really want a lolit dress from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. But I doubt my rent's will get me it.

By the way, love your profile pic marshmallow pie. ^_^

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink What the fuck is wrong with my comp today? When I save it, it gets all mispelled and then I can't fix it.

MizEm
1decennia ago
921 jpops
permalink I loove Lolita fashion! <3 I'm not confident in my skills enough to sew my own but I would love to buy a dress from Baby the Stars Shine Bright (a cute Pink and white one!).

I read somewhere that the Lolita's in Japan like hate when people from other places dress in Lolita style.. Do you think that's true? I just seems so limited for a group of people who are clearly diverging from the mainstream, y'know?

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink I think that's kind of racist or something (in a way).

I believe anyone can wear loli dresses if they want. It's just like saying American peeps get mad if Japanese peeps wear cowboy boots. Just dosen't make sense. :???:

I want a loli dress so bad! (so random!)

But when I finally get one and start wearing it around, people will think I'm nuts or something.

MizEm
1decennia ago
921 jpops
permalink Ah I know it would be hard to find a place to wear one! People's fashions are so limited most of the time!

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink Um... what's your fav kind of loli shoes?

Boots?
Heels?
Heel boots?
Rocking Shoes?

Mine is heels.

hotarutomoe13
1decennia ago
4,676 jpops
permalink I made this awesome poll called, "What Lolita style is your fav? If you want, check it out!

http://www.quizilla.com/polls/7778312/which-lolita-style-is-your-fav

Back  |  Forums    Fashion & beauty    What do you think about the lolita fashion?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service