Unrequited love - how do you cope with it?

10 posts  ·  created 4yr ago by Asia1  ·  last post 4yr ago
Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Unrequited love - how do you cope with it?

Asia1
4yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink The title is self-explanatory.

Aurae
4yr ago
1,428 jpops
permalink I'm lucky to say I've never experienced this, but I guess I'd treath it the same as a break up, meaning lots of chocolate, icecream and maybe a tear or 2. After i got all that out of my system I'd move on like nothing ever happened, aside (almost) never speak to the person.

HimeMurasaki
4yr ago
3,908 jpops
permalink I've heard the best way to get over someone is to start liking someone else. lol
Easier said than done, right? xD
I think any distractions help to keep your mind off a broken heart are good.
it took me 6-7 months to get over someone that I really liked, but it was a different situation. I personally cant get very close to anyone unless they make quite an effort to get close to me first, therefore if someone shows no interest in me, I have no interest in them either so I haven't actually experienced unrequited love. :/ lol

nimiraz
4yr ago
20,874 jpops
permalink Hey Lovely!
It is funny looking back on it now, but my "first love" was unrequited. Granted I was in middle school and high school but I swear to you that I felt I was in love. I told the guy that I liked him (not love at the time) but he asked me to stop. (ever so boy like of him) and even though it crushed me I couldn't stop. I really didn't do anything about it though. I got my answer and I had to deal with the fact that he did not feel the same way. Since I was young I didn't really know what to do so I wrote a lot, listened to sappy music, and pretty much lived on with my life. Talking about my feelings helped out a lot. (Got to love girl talk) I had feelings for him for years. almost 7 years in fact. (I am weird like that. I commit even if no one commits to me.) We stayed friends and what helped me to move on was the fact that I realized that I loved myself. I know it sounds weird but hear me out.

If you have feelings for someone and you are able to tell them how you feel and they do not reciprocate them then you must do yourself a favor and keep your head up high and live your life as happily as you can. There are so many people on this Earth and you will be able to find someone that will return those feelings. I know it is easier said than done. We have all been there at one point in time. But you have to remember the most important person in all of this is you! Don't forget that you deserve to be happy!

It happens and there is no cookie cutter way to deal with the situation. But I think the best thing to keep in mind when dealing with it is that you cannot lose yourself. It is painful when your feelings are not returned, but you cannot change someone else. You can only change yourself and how you react to it. Pining for a love that will never happen will make you miserable, but if you open up to the idea that you will be happy..well it will surely happen. :D

Nightgaze
4yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink Remind myself about how not worth it they are by comparing them to Miko in my mind which never goes in their favor :P

Asia1
4yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink This is a great way for everyone to cope with unrequited love. XD

weebllikespie
4yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink Well if they don't love you, then that's that. Nothing is going to change that so you're better off moving on and find someone who will. It's not worth trying to cling to them and hope they'll fall in love with you, it doesn't work that way. Actually, it'll make things worse. The more you try and stick to them, the more they will dislike you.

Just think for a second: how would you react to an overly clingy person? Obviously as time goes by, you'll become increasingly frustrated with that person. So you might as well do both of you service by leaving them alone, and get over it.

KawaiiChi
4yr ago
6,358 jpops
permalink [i]Well i've had a lot of unrequited love. and still having it till this day! the only way to cope with it is to embrace the love you feel for this person and make it know to them you love them! other wise they won't know and it will be very uncomfortable.. trust me i know.. and maybe that person may like you! now if you are VERY VERY SHY person like me when it comes to these things then have a friend stand by you or some where near you to make things a little better! and if you have told this person and you know for a fact they don't feel the same way about you then you need to embrace the pain you are feeling and say to yourself it's ok i know it's ok! i will make it threw this like i make it threw all the other heartbreaks i go thew!~ now i don't know if this helped any but i hope it did! need anymore advice? please post on my wall so i can help you fully! [/i]

NoktAeturnum
4yr ago
874 jpops
permalink You don't cope with it. you either let it kill you or you move on and find someone else...

Asia1
4yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink So true.

Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Unrequited love - how do you cope with it?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service