The worst books that you have ever read

128 posts  ·  created 10yr ago by MUSHROOMS  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    The worst books that you have ever read

MUSHROOMS
10yr ago
4,471 jpops
permalink Mine is the Twilight series...

What's yours?

Iynx
7yr ago
292 jpops
permalink Yes!!!!! OMG, I completely agree, except I'd add the totally plagiarised Harry Potter series as well.

RollinStarhero
10yr ago
5,025 jpops
permalink The Pigman it didn't make any sense[edit]Last edit by RollinStarhero on Thursday 25 Dec, 2008 at 01:12 +2.4%[/edit]

Cachi
10yr ago
2,154 jpops
permalink i didnt like the first book of narnia (the lion...) i couldnt even finish the book

this was tge first time that i liked more the movie than the book

and i didnt like the movie a lot...

cottoncandy
10yr ago
6,247 jpops
permalink I guess I didnt really like Evil Guenis
I actually did like it when I was reading it but when I finshed it I was like, this was stupid... It was such a complacated book. You would read a chapter and not understanb a word of it becuase the author described everything as though a some kinda scientist or whatever was reading it and then she would quickly explain the whole chapter in easy words so that the dumb people could understnd it...
But I do addmit that the author would of had to of been really really smart

kimihana
10yr ago
1,785 jpops
permalink Wuthering Heights. I couldn't finish it. Not because it was bad, British lit just isn't my thing, and the stupidity of the main characters just made me die a little.

emeraldgrey
10yr ago
1,351 jpops
permalink I didn't like the first book of Harry Potter and Eldest. I tried reading both books, but the start really bored me. I couldn't finish reading the two. It was sad really. I loved Eragon. I was thinking about reading Eragon again then trying to read Eldest. Maybe I'd end up finishing Eldest that way.

KiyonaNightmare
10yr ago
741 jpops
permalink I hated the first Artemis Fowl book.
And the book called Sophie.
The worst one ever was probably The Cat's Meow.

Loli
10yr ago
913 jpops
permalink Carry my bones..i don't even remember the author. I got it as a present. Those are the worst kind i think, i feel like i have to read them because they were given to me, but they usually stink.

Delaney
10yr ago
155 jpops
permalink I have to agree. I really didn't like Twilight at all. I think the only Twilight book that I found half decent was New Moon.

karennxa
10yr ago
433 jpops
permalink Mine would have to be the Twilight series too. Too overrated, too retarded after I thought about it.

and everytime someone talks about it, I almost want to throw a chicken at the wall. D:

Pikachu665
10yr ago
1,447 jpops
permalink I used to love the twilight series, though New Moon was so annoying =_= Then after watching the movie of the first book...it made me dislike the twilight series xD

Cloudylemonade
10yr ago
266 jpops
permalink I don't like the Twilight series. I couldn't read any of the books .___. Now my whole school is reading the book and I can't stand it! D:
I don't really like the Narnia Series or the Artemis Fowl series either... I couldn't read The road of the dead? Or something like that. .___. Too boring. D:
I can only read some horror like Darren Shan, Classics...kinda and Anne Cassidy books... .____.

Celestine
10yr ago
5,187 jpops
permalink Hmm, The Twightlight Series? I never read any of the books, but I had a feeling that it really was overrated. But it's pretty hard to say which was the worst book that I've read because if I don't like it, I quit reading it before I get too far. But books that I started on that seemed boring were: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair and The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. I just couldn't get into them, I tried but I couldn't. There are some other books that I didn't like, but I can't think of them at the moment. mmmmm, I think I still have the Jungle, uh-oh, I need to turn that back into my library before I graduate!

GenericOtaku
10yr ago
769 jpops
permalink Also Twilight. xD
And, @ kimihana -- Aww, that's a shame! D: I rather liked Wuthering Heights. Heathcliff is an evil, sexy beast. +_+;

YukiYume
10yr ago
550 jpops
permalink The dictionary, i mean come on! Have you ever tried to sit down and actually read that thing, it's a doosy :laughing:

AsukaHime
7yr ago
267 jpops
permalink Lol. You definitely gave me a good laugh there :P

kai09
10yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink seriously, i hate twilight. -_-"

everything about it.

i tried reading the first book, but i just can't get past the third page. IT IS SOOOOOO BORING -_-"

it made me not read the other installments...-_-"

Amaranth
10yr ago
33,003 jpops
permalink really you didnt like twilight :RBsarcastic: (I didnt read it yet)

thw worst book for me was a novel called

when we were orphans..forgot the authors name..I didnt understand anything

where did it begin or where did it end :blankstare:

kai09
10yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink hai :nod: ama-chan i hate twilight -_-"

but i'm not really vocal about it, i just keep it to myself..if you like it, then you like it. if i hate it, then i hate it. we live our own lives. :laughing:

Amaranth
10yr ago
33,003 jpops
permalink true..truthfully I dont like books who just have big fuss :RBundecided:

I remebered one more The Last Mermaid(again dont remeber the author) :RBblush:

Skeyume
9yr ago
2,564 jpops
permalink Well... Even if i mentioned it no one would know about it XD but oh well!

Mine was "Løvensgap by Anne Holt" a norwegian book T_T and it sucked sooo much i don't even have words to describe it with! SOOOO BOOORING!!!!

We had to read it for an assignment (the book was over 400 pages with TINY letters).. and then half way through i gave up..so i researched a bit on the net and handed in the assignment.. i got a B! XD ahaha XD

derynjocelyn
9yr ago
5,921 jpops
permalink I started reading a book called Betwixt.
I was really, really looking forward to reading it when I bought it. I read the back and it sounded very, very interesting! But when I started reading it, well, I got about 3 quarters into the book and I couldn't stand it anymore. The plot was so thin I probably could have died of boredom if I'd continued. I hate leaving books I start unfinished, I really [i]hate[/i] it. So I'll probably pick it up again sometime in the future. But I'll have to read it from the beginning again because it was [i]so[/i] forgettable. I'm sure people have read and liked this book, and that's okay, too! But I guess it's just not a book for me. :)

lumi
9yr ago
78 jpops
permalink last summer I read The last letters of Jacopo Ortis by Ugo Foscolo (I think it's famous outside of italy too, but I'm not sure... anyway it's a masterpiece of italian literature and it's very similar to the sorrows of young werther) and I really disliked it: it wasn't fluent at all and was really boring!>.<

I also didn't liked New Moon while I liked all the other booksof Twilight saga

Mannymd90
9yr ago
115 jpops
permalink even though it is a literary classic, "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner made me want to stab my eyes out. Unless forced by school, I will NEVER willingly read it again. "The Sound and The Fury" is such a better novel by him!

Lolidoll
9yr ago
173 jpops
permalink Ugh, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight! The movie sucks too!

It WAS cool at first, but then everyone got so into it that it became annoying. Little, little girls read the books and they are all obsessed over it.

I hate how the so-called popular people in my school think they are btter than everyone else because they have all the 'new' Twilight stuff.

It's so disgusting!

FrozenRosePetal
9yr ago
729 jpops
permalink Twilight...ugh...it was horrible. so was the movie.

HaruhiNakamaru
9yr ago
301 jpops
permalink I liked the Twilight series, actually; if only for certain characters. But now it's so annoying and the fans are so crazy obsessed. :RBsarcastic:
My worst picks would have to be...
Love and Sk8 by...don't remember. It was really spelled like that. It was horrible.
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. The characters were complete idiots. I'm sorry, but I can't stand stupid people. The books had so much potential. :RBfrown:
The Sound and The Fury by William Faulkner. Really, what was he thinking when he wrote that? I'm sure writing a book from a mentally handicapped person and a mentally deranged person seemed like a good idea in theory, but I was completely lost by the time Jasons part came around. I had to read it for school, but I couldn't even finish it. :RBconfused: Thank you, SparkNotes! ;)

Pineappley
9yr ago
1,459 jpops
permalink The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time ~ absurdly overrated. Urgh, it was so terrible. :RBangry:

I haven't read the Twilight series, though. It might be even worse. :RBstickout:

MUSHROOMS
9yr ago
4,471 jpops
permalink "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" :RBsarcastic: Not to be mean or anything, but the title can kinda point out how it's gonna be a sad book....

AngelHikaru
9yr ago
288 jpops
permalink Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez a latin american writter...so long, kind of entertaining, but near the ending is so bad...besides, the character's names were so hideous...

Transito Araiza :RBveryAngry: ...but I haven't read Twilight :D

fullmetaljap150
9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink i agree twilight sux...
well this summer i was very diss pointed i read wicked lovely and the ink exchange by melissa marr... both books were such a big disappointment.
i also read persistence of memory... the book was okay but the ending sucked. Alemial Atwater Rhodes is one of my favorite authors but sorry... that book just really sucked. i was expecting it to b a vampire book, but she portrayed the vampires as evil... which sorta dissapointed me also.....
i also read eternal which pretty much sucked the plot sucked and then the ending was the worst possible ending there could have been. yep.
so yea....
but for school the worst book i ever read was catcher in the rye... the plot is three days of like absolutely NOTHING.

fullmetaljap150
9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink o and byt the way i also thought that twilight sucked also. jeeze it should of ended in the first book but no, they had to draw out the prollem and kill the series. the worst of them for me was new moon and breaking dawn. (o and btw i think the titles really suck) but yea the fourth book was messed up and it was lacking action.

FlipStylie
9yr ago
537 jpops
permalink I pretty much agree with the OP, twilight was painful, akin to dental surgery. I barely made it through the first book, only because I have this inability to quit things before they are finished (though that didn't stop me from quitting that series after the first book.. :RBstickout: )

Now raggin on Twilight is all good, but not really suprising. One book that I really didn't like was Catcher in the Rye. I know it's a staple of American literature, but I couldn't help the need to strangle the crap out of Holden who I am 100% convinced is the basis for emo culture.

Pineappley
9yr ago
1,459 jpops
Quote by MUSHROOMS
"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" :RBsarcastic: Not to be mean or anything, but the title can kinda point out how it's gonna be a sad book....

The only reason I read it was because it was winning all these literary prizes that made me think it may have perhaps had some redeeming qualities, even if the title was a little off. How wrong I was. Really it was only hyped for having a narrator with some sort of mental disorder.

Just because it's a best-seller, it doesn't mean it's good. :RBangry: Actually, being a best-seller probably means it's very, [i]very [/i]bad. :RBcrying:

Maltesers
9yr ago
198 jpops
permalink I did not like New Moon and Breaking Dawn (the second and the fourth book of the Twilight series).

I did not like the novel "Like Water for Chocolate" written by Laura Esquivel either.... :RBohNo:

I did not understand anything at all... :RBconfused: :RBconfused:

It was like reading for nothing... :RBfrown: It's such a drag... :RBconfused:

I had the same feeling when I was reading New Moon and Breaking Dawn.

I know some people like those books but I'm sorry, I really don't. :RBfrown:

NichkhunLover0x
9yr ago
12,177 jpops
permalink My Worse book has to be harry potter.. it has soo boring i couldnt even finish the 1st or 2nd chapter .. i tried to finish it but omg it was large and i couldnt understand what was happening so i just watchted it instead xD

Jieh5Embers
9yr ago
1,419 jpops
permalink Oh, have I got a list!:... oka not really...

-The Pigman
-I Am The Cheese
-Romeo & Juliet (no kidding)
-The Pilgram's Progress
-Canterburry Tales
-Some Titanic movie ripoff* don't remember
-Martin the Warrior
-Star Wars spinoffs
-A biography of 'former' Pres. Clinton... boring...

elenko94
9yr ago
2,067,699 jpops
permalink alot of books, i tend to forget them so fast...surpressing the awfulness XD
well, twilight...i really liked them in the beggining..then
when i thought of the actual story..i wanted to kill myself for thinking it was good..

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink The worst book I ever read was a history book about the Mayflower. First off it was poorly written. It was not interesting in any way. And I am a person that likes to read about history. I will even read a dry book about history if it is a subject that I like.

The thing that made it the worst book was the fact the several of the important facts were wrong. Also he made guesses about the interpersonal relationship of the passengers. He suggested thing that there was no evidence of in anyway shape or form.

The most troubling thing was the fact that many school districts used to use this book as part of their required reading. They though the soap opera like qualities this person put in that situation made it interesting for teens. Sadly I imagine that if a teen read it they were just as bored as I was. And they probably thought it was good history because it was given to them by their school.

Well there is little you can do in a a situation like this except for put the book down. This book also annoyed me because they had a picture with the pilgrim having buckles on their hats. They never had buckles on their hat. It was against their belief system.

muhamadfandi10
7yr ago
179 jpops
permalink thanks a lots.... hehe... nice to meet you....

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink The worst book I ever read was a history book about the Mayflower. First off it was poorly written. It was not interesting in any way. And I am a person that likes to read about history. I will even read a dry book about history if it is a subject that I like.

The thing that made it the worst book was the fact the several of the important facts were wrong. Also he made guesses about the interpersonal relationship of the passengers. He suggested thing that there was no evidence of in anyway shape or form.

The most troubling thing was the fact that many school districts used to use this book as part of their required reading. They though the soap opera like qualities this person put in that situation made it interesting for teens. Sadly I imagine that if a teen read it they were just as bored as I was. And they probably thought it was good history because it was given to them by their school.

Well there is little you can do in a a situation like this except for put the book down. This book also annoyed me because they had a picture with the pilgrim having buckles on their hats. They never had buckles on their hat. It was against their belief system.

firefye
9yr ago
336 jpops
permalink Good God, the Twilight Series are freaking hurtful. I can not find a single thing [i]right[/i] in those books. :RBangry:

[i]Side note: To this day I can not understand why Edward fell in love with Bella. Because she smelled good (in a oh-I'm-hungry kind of way)? Yeah, my burger smells fantastic and I ain’t falling in love with it.[/i]

lattenbutterfly
9yr ago
336 jpops
permalink The second book of "Vampire Diaries". The first one was okay, but the second was really dull. Really, really dull. Turns out that Vampire Diaries came out before Twilight, but the plot is pretty similar. Two dangerous boys, a naive girl and a supernatural lovefest of horror. Really.
I really like the Twilight saga, cause it's one of the only books that I can stand rereading over and over again. Then, people (mostly girls) started to get freakishly obsessed with who-and-who and who's-something-hot-something. It's sick. I feel like puking these days. Those (mental) fans are just as bad as Korea's netizens. Some of them are actually good, but really, I feel like shouting, "Who cares!" to the majority of them. I didn't even bother to watch the movies cause of them (and I don't really want to).

Debee
9yr ago
604 jpops
permalink I should say, YellowPages!!

SaiyuriSora
9yr ago
7,520 jpops
permalink Twilight Saga. COMPLETE CRUD! HORRIBLY WRITTEN.

zakuras
9yr ago
158 jpops
Quote by cottoncandy
I guess I didnt really like Evil Guenis
I actually did like it when I was reading it but when I finshed it I was like, this was stupid... It was such a complacated book. You would read a chapter and not understanb a word of it becuase the author described everything as though a some kinda scientist or whatever was reading it and then she would quickly explain the whole chapter in easy words so that the dumb people could understnd it...
But I do addmit that the author would of had to of been really really smart

Aww, sucks that you didnt like it, it was one of my favorite novels.

zakuras
9yr ago
158 jpops
permalink The worst book I've read:

New Moon.

Vanilli
9yr ago
406 jpops
permalink Mostly books from school... like "The Graduate", "Top Dogs", "Homo faber" and "The Rats" <__< terrible, the only people who are buying those books are probably students -.- The stories and everything were so stupid that even I could have written a better book <___<
I also didn't like "City" by A. Baricco öö even though I love the other books I have from him, but that one was quite boring öÖ' I didn't even finish it...'
I think thats it, luckily most of the books I've bought/read were really great :D

Oh I forgot xD I've never read the Twilight books, but as it seems here they are not as good as I thought they must be :D xD I'd never read it though, it annoys me too much xD all the hype around it ~.~ terrible, there are more stories/books with a deeper story and with something that makes your brain work öö' well I don't know how to say that xD~
[edit]Last edit by Vanilli on Saturday 20 Feb, 2010 at 18:26 +40.5%[/edit]

pvc6366
9yr ago
1,018 jpops
permalink the twillight sarga i got told if i didnt read the first one, two of my mates would force me to. reading it put me off watching the movie

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    The worst books that you have ever read
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service