Sion Sono, my favorite Japanese writer/director

2 posts  ·  created 8yr ago by olboyfloats  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Movies    Sion Sono, my favorite Japanese writer/director

olboyfloats
8yr ago
4,118 jpops
permalink My all time favorite writer/director is Sion Sono.
For those not familiar with the name, he is best known for the cult classics Suicide Club and Noriko's Dinner Table.

My all time favorite movie is called Love Exposure. It's one of his more recent works.

Love Exposure is a 4 hour epic romantic comedy about perversion and religion. It has an amazing cast of characters, one of the best soundtracks ever, and has an amazing pace that keeps you enthralled the entire movie.

Another awesome movie he made is called HAZARD.

This movie is the story of a young Japanese male, who decides to move to New York City because he is bored with his life in Japan. He ends up meeting a gang of other Japanese outcasts and goes on a crime spree with them. This movie is hilarious and exciting, while at the same time very philosophic. It's half in English and half in Japanese.

One of the strangest and most disturbing movies I've ever seen was his movie called Strange Circus.

I don't even know what to say about it, other than, this movie is NOT for the faint of heart.

If you like any of those, I also recommend Exte -Hair Extensions, a movie about a killer that literally whips her hair back and forth. LOL

Angrydragon
5yr ago
3,421 jpops
permalink Ill have to try L.E. again, couldnt get into it the first time. thanks for the heads up on Hazard

marquee615
2yr ago
71,623 jpops
permalink Sion Sono's Love Exposure is the best. His films definitely got me into Japanese cinema.

Back  |  Forums    Movies    Sion Sono, my favorite Japanese writer/director
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service