[Movie] Chappie

5 posts  ·  created 3yr ago by megajrockfan  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Movies    [Movie] Chappie

megajrockfan
3yr ago
305 jpops
permalink https://www.metrocast.com/images/uploads/movies/Chappie.jpg

In response to a record high crime rate in Johannesburg, the South African government purchases a squadron of state-of-the-art, armour-plated attack robots from weapons manufacturer Tetravaal, developed by Deon Wilson. A competing project is the remotely controlled MOOSE, developed by soldier-turned-engineer Vincent Moore. Deon is praised for Tetravaal's success but Vincent grows jealous when the police are unwilling to give his heavy weapons platform equal attention. At home, Deon creates a prototype artificial intelligence that mimics a human mind to the point of feeling emotions and having opinions, but Tetravaal CEO Michelle Bradley refuses to let him test the A.I. on a police robot. Undeterred, Deon steals a recently damaged robot before it is destroyed and puts it in his van, along with the "guard key" needed to update the robot's software. On his way home, he is kidnapped by a group of gangsters, Ninja, Yolandi, and Amerika, who threaten to kill him unless he reprograms a police robot to fight for them. Deon installs the new software into the damaged robot, which responds with childlike terror upon powering up. Deon and Yolandi calm the robot, teaching it words and naming it "Chappie".

I found the Movie to be an interesting take on artificial intellence, Chappie is a suprizing relatable character. I wont spoil for those who havent seen it but all ill say is it was a good movie.

anaksamea
3yr ago
10,679 jpops
permalink Artificial Intelligence is interesting topic. Chappie was adorable character. I loved it. Movie really worth watching. There are action, fun, some unspoken questions that make you think about human race.

megajrockfan
3yr ago
305 jpops
permalink Do you think they make a sequel?

anaksamea
3yr ago
10,679 jpops
permalink Hmm, they could. But I don't know what might be in sequel. It probably won't be as good as first one.

CloudStrifey
3yr ago
79,998 jpops
permalink I enjoyed this movie. I really liked Die Antwood in it. Hugh Jackman looked like a total redneck bogan (common here in Australia). I found it sad though, especially when the guy dumped Chappie and he got abused by stones, because he was a child.

Back  |  Forums    Movies    [Movie] Chappie
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service