JpopAsia 3.0 launched!

387 posts  ·  created 8yr ago by JpopAsia  ·  last post 7yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Announcements    JpopAsia 3.0 launched!

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink For more info see this news post.

If you have any questions or comments about the new JPA 3.0, well post here ^^

PS some things are not implemented yet for example the journals. be patient for more awesomeness!

narutochick1994
8yr ago
80 jpops
permalink Why is the section that shows what videos were recently uploaded gone? It really helped me know who has a new PV. Now it looks like I have to go crazy searching for singers just to see if they have a new video.

Kuroboxx
8yr ago
598 jpops
permalink YES!!! i want the 'newly added videos' section baaack!!! D:

seanto
8yr ago
2,165 jpops
permalink i want them back too

Alitaa
8yr ago
7,015 jpops
permalink same for me! I love to discover new artists or new videos of artists I alrady now!

NionLight
8yr ago
93 jpops
permalink Lol, it great they have a change, but i really didn't expect this much of a change. I just thought they'll change the layout and a little bit more. But wow, it's amazing, looking forward to explore this changed site. ^^

GinaMa
8yr ago
1,641 jpops
permalink It looks nice! Now...time to explore!

Natsukii
8yr ago
4,162 jpops
permalink It does look nice ^_^
Wonder how the rest is.

robtoke
8yr ago
15,399 jpops
permalink I really like the new format, the new logo, and many stuff that I've seen so far...I just need to get used to the new formar, because I'm really getting confused on how to do something...or how to go somewhere...

hokuboshi713
8yr ago
41,893 jpops
permalink I agree

PressReplay
8yr ago
3,154 jpops
permalink It's new and I'm pretty confused, too!!
I'm pretty new here on JPA and didn't even got everything of the old one, now I can start again learning to use JPA

uverbean
8yr ago
661 jpops
permalink This is the most awesome thing since sliced bread. FO' REAL.

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink lol

Miki
8yr ago
2,907,063 jpops
permalink if I could, I would have "liked" this post

ceemvee
8yr ago
88,183 jpops
permalink *clicks imaginary like button* yusu-chamaa you're so かわいいいいいいいい<3

SaMaster14
8yr ago
550 jpops
permalink I can't get my profile picture to stay for some reason.

I go to my 'page' and upload the picture. A little pop up says that the picture was successfully uploaded, but when I navigate away the picture disappears and when I go back to my profile, I need to upload again.

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink it's fixed pls try again

sandycandygrl82
8yr ago
4,973 jpops
permalink The chat doesn't work. Otherwise a very nice design guys! You did great! I loled at the epic fail for conquer the world :D

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink thank u, chat is semi working now

Justice
8yr ago
27,700 jpops
permalink Umm.... profile images are a problem... confusing :O and sad to see the emphasis taken off music (_ _)

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink we have the same amount of music check the archived sections in the profiles.

images have been fixed u should try uploading a new avatar

Konanina
8yr ago
16,334 jpops
permalink This will sure take me some time to get used to.. It looks fun though! So many new things look! xD

lifestream
8yr ago
3,469 jpops
permalink It looks really nice but um where are the journals? They haven't been deleted have they?

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink will come back later, pushed back because of time

animelove702
8yr ago
608 jpops
permalink um i like it! really awesome! but i can't edit my profile! how do i edit it?

Eiramy
8yr ago
6,372 jpops
permalink The new version seems nice and sleek...but I feel like it's harder to find videos now. I'm disappointed that the "more" link got taken away from the featured videos section. And there's only 8 videos featured at a time...And to be honest, I'm not too fond of the emphasis on celebrities. There's allkpop and tokyohive to get celebrity news for people who want to read up on them. I think this site should focus more on the music/videos, because this is a great resource for Asian music. And I truly do love this site for that reason. I may just need time to get used to everything though....It's just that everything is not the same anymore. But I do appreciate the time and effort you guys devote to this site. I thank you for that. :)

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink check the archived section in the celebrity profiles. all the videos and lyrics are there. we have exactly the same amount of music but separated in "new" and "archived" because we those are not compatible.. by time the new page will contain all music you can dream off

Kuroboxx
8yr ago
598 jpops
permalink agree... more music..less news!! xD

Missa
8yr ago
119,085 jpops
permalink i hope there is ALOTA stuff that is going to be added... like "where are my JOURNALS???" and oh yea the whole 3 GazettE vids, looks nice and all, but so far NOT impressed.

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink have you viewed under archived videos too from gazette?
There are 57 http://www.jpopasia.com/play/32034/the-gazette/pledge.html

In the transition to the new system there's only 3 indeed, by time the "newer" video page will cover all the videos

robtoke
8yr ago
15,399 jpops
permalink I take back what I said before...the more I dig into the site, the less I like it...I miss the old features that it had...changes are necessary, but they aren't necessarily good...can't think straight now...

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink sorry to hear that but some older features will be added later because of time pressure. hope that helps

Konanina
8yr ago
16,334 jpops
permalink I'm looking around stuff and i'm kinda dissapointed.. i can't find my old stuff, videos i've added, lyrics, journals..... And i really loved the "houses" that don't exist anymore. I can't understand this "share" thing. :( Plus the personal profile pages look more like facebook to me.

Miki
8yr ago
2,907,063 jpops
permalink Houses are now replaced with shares, you can by them instead. The share value is the current value in Jpops, the more active and popular singer is the higher is share.
Personally, I liked houses as well.

We will see how things are going to work first, we can always change things if something won't work out

FNCt
8yr ago
6,677 jpops
permalink agree with Konanina. btw , where can i add lyrics or video?

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink you need to add an album first and then you can add a video or lyric to the track

PressReplay
8yr ago
3,154 jpops
permalink I've got the same problem!
Even if I want to add lyrics or videos of songs or album that are already added I can't add the lyrics or a video!

kawairen
8yr ago
6,670 jpops
permalink very cool ^^ but how to add vids and lyrics? and what about my profile picture? x.x

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink you need to add an album/single first and then you can add a video or lyric to the track

KINGRPG
8yr ago
72 jpops
permalink I need latest list lyrics update

Natsukii
8yr ago
4,162 jpops
permalink Getting confused going around the site... Will take some time

Justice
8yr ago
27,700 jpops
permalink A few bugs I have noticed

Image types other than JPG for profile images [Corrected]
Videos not working in chat

Suggestions/Old Content not Included Yet

Journals (I have also seen many member concerned their old journals are lost)
JRap, JPop/JRap, RnB, etc, genres in featured music
Lack of number of videos in featured music
Ability to request videos in chat
Emphasis on music
Shops
Ability to add new videos/artists (Yes I know this will be added in a bit :) )
Lack of videos
All old videos now being difficult to access
About me info being on a separate page which almost now one will look at

Improvements I have Seen
Improved performance
Nice layout
Increase in activity
Better integration of information and inter-connected-ness of information
Shares are really cool

Overall there are many cool new features, however some kinks that need to be worked out. Thanks sooooo much JPA-sama!

Miki
8yr ago
2,907,063 jpops
permalink Videos.
Even if we wanted to stay up 24/7, we couldn't, although we did sleep less than usual lol
we had limited time to even add basic profile information, even now a lot of it is missing, it would took us another couple of moths to add videos, members can now do that. We will appreciate your help!

Genres in featured music - still there, nothing changed, you are be able to choose once you ll want to add the video.

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink journals - will be added later
genres - we'll make them accessible somewhere else, more focus on main genres
amount of videos - because of the new system it will take some weeks, then we'll have everything again. in the meantime there's the "archived" button
emphasis on music - when more is added we have more to emphasize
shops - will not come back (not digitally at least)
add new videos - add album -> add video/lyric to track
artists - after we have most basic info of current artists
old vids difficult to access - true because they are deprecated
about me - is static, wall is dynamic, therefore it serves better as home page. maybe a little about me on the left side bar instead of the status update

thank u for the suggestions

PressReplay
8yr ago
3,154 jpops
permalink totally agree with you!

Give me journals! (I know they'll come!)
Give me more videos and a better infromation about new videos!

Horizon
8yr ago
74 jpops
permalink aw the digital shops arent coming back? lol wasted jpops :P

Justice
8yr ago
27,700 jpops
permalink Oh, and I just want to make sure to really really thank you for this! I know everyone seems confused and ungrateful, but soon they will see the new awesomeness! THANK YOU!!!! Sorry that we are causing you a lack of sleep :O

JpopAsia
8yr ago
579,324 jpops
permalink thank u 2 :)

Horizon
8yr ago
74 jpops
permalink JPA you need rest! XD after trying to conquer the world i bet you are tired!

EndlessMomo
8yr ago
2,331 jpops
permalink I'm really liking this new look :) It's all sophisticated and modern looking^^

Good job~!!

Back  |  Forums    Announcements    JpopAsia 3.0 launched!
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service