Do you think this is possible?

4 posts  ·  created 2yr ago by GutterChurl  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Do you think this is possible?

GutterChurl
2yr ago
77,120 jpops
permalink I've been thinking recently about whether or not it's possible for a straight girl to have a romantic, nonsexual relationship with another girl. I've been thinking this because I have honestly thought about what it would be like to be with a girl (not that I have a particular interest in any girls), and because... well, think about it. It's not called "being heteroromantic", it's called " being heterosexual", and it is entirely possible to have a romantic relationship with no sexual contact. So, do you think it's possible?

weebllikespie
2yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink I think it is possible to have a relationship or emotional involvement with someone of the same or opposite gender without sexual contact i.e. a platonic relationship. There are many ways that people can be intimate without involving actual sexual contact. I know many people would find that rather outrageous but it really isn't: platonic love exists, ergo platonic relationships exist. I've seen many instances of platonic relationships and they can work extremely well.

We have to take into account that many relationships aren't ideal. Sex isn't as much of a "be-all, end-all" as people would think. Some don't have a desire for sex and it may not even be an option for others and they instead have to look for alternatives to kindle their bond.

GutterChurl
2yr ago
77,120 jpops
permalink Thanks, I feel more secure now ^_^ I don't think sex matters in a relationship. I think that, while it is a way of showing someone how much you love them, it's also very scary to some people, and some just don't feel comfortable with having it. Knowing that I'm not the only one who thinks so is very reassuring, and I think that maybe this means that, even though I only have straight sexual attractions... maybe, just maybe, I might have a homosexual relationship in the future. It sounds kinda strange right now, because I never thought I'd even consider something like that about a month ago... but I guess life and deep thought has a way of changing people.

weebllikespie
2yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink Hey, no problem~ I'm glad I was able to provide some reassurance :)

There are many aspects of humanity that I struggle to comprehend. Nothing is black or white, and sex is no exception. The nature of sex is a very enigmatic one: it can be a means of love and affection or it could be a means for willful coercion and power over another, and potentially everything else in between. So too, is the nature of sexuality.

Quote by GutterChurl
Knowing that I'm not the only one who thinks so is very reassuring, and I think that maybe this means that, even though I only have straight sexual attractions... maybe, just maybe, I might have a homosexual relationship in the future. It sounds kinda strange right now, because I never thought I'd even consider something like that about a month ago... but I guess life and deep thought has a way of changing people.

I don't think it's that strange of a thought. On the contrary, it's probably quite normal because research has shown that people can exhibit 'sexual fluidity' i.e. people who are straight don't necessarily stay straight for the rest of their lives and vice versa. There's been a spike of interest and debate (and corresponding controversy) recently within articles over 'sexual fluidity'.

Many theories have been proposed as to what influences our sexuality in this manner, with respect to environment/external and psychological factors and there has been supporting evidence to suggest that people do exhibit sexual fluidity, such as this recent article and this editorial. Of course, there's bound to be people who would be less than happy to learn about this concept but at the end of the day, we're all human.

Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Do you think this is possible?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service