did you ought to marry someone with the same religion as you?

24 posts  ·  created 5yr ago by ekai  ·  last post 4yr ago
Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    did you ought to marry someone with the same religion as you?

ekai
5yr ago
11,097 jpops
permalink my mother is a roman catholic catechist.. she said if i fail in my aspiration as a nun..then atleast i should marry someone with the same beliefs as we do . ..to avoid conflicts..
Does it really matters?!

nimiraz
5yr ago
20,874 jpops
permalink That all depends on you. If that's what she believes and you do not agree then it does not really matter. Sure there might be conflict between you and your mother, but this is your life and not hers. You should make your choices based off what you feel and what you think. It is better for you to live with what makes you happy not what makes her happy...ya know?

ekai
5yr ago
11,097 jpops
permalink I already told her that but she said a family should only have one belief.. Or else the kidz will be confuse.. Then i said theres only one way..its either he'll be convert into or its me who'll follow him..but my father said "you were born as a catholic ..you should carry it on until your last breath.."
Hahahai.. What a life .. :D

nimiraz
5yr ago
20,874 jpops
permalink I understand what you are saying. Well, it is apparent that your parents are very stubborn when it comes to this topic. How do you actually feel about without their input?

ekai
5yr ago
11,097 jpops
permalink For me , hmm .. I dont know if what im going to say now is from how i see things or pure influence from my parents ..but i think i want to raise a family that is united with one belief.. If ever he's from a different belief , then i think we're going to have a hard time before we could balance evrything..
In the end , i decided not to do anything that might upset them .. I love them so much. .. and i dont want them to resent me ...

nimiraz
5yr ago
20,874 jpops
permalink As long as you are not sacrificing your true happiness. Ya know? I understand why you made your decision though.

ekai
5yr ago
11,097 jpops
permalink my happiness is my parents .As long as i can make them smile , i think i made the right decision. haha an only daughter's instinct.
i think i need to show them that they are the most precious blessing God bestow on me. ..and so they would feel that i have loved and respected them evrsince ...because i want them to bless in evry decision i make.
haha ..they say ..kindness is the greatest weapon.

Arashiis1
5yr ago
72,872 jpops
permalink I think it's your choice. if you find someone you want to marry who isn't of your religion it really shouldn't matter. It's better to marry someone you know will make you happy than someone just because they are of the same religion.

woeaih4
5yr ago
2,117 jpops
permalink religion doesn't matter

moritakakitsu
5yr ago
17,703 jpops
permalink I don't know, I mean marrying is out of my plans as of now. But maybe, if I do then it's okay if we're not of the same religion.

Kiironohari
5yr ago
17,471 jpops
permalink if both individuals are very tolerant, it shouldnt matter, in fact it should never matter especially if you care about each other at one point so much that you want to Marry, then things like this sometimes dont matter in terms of what you want.

Nightgaze
5yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink Well personally religion isn't even a factor for me in a relationship! I really don't care about that :P

stefyap
5yr ago
346,658 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

wali
4yr ago
3,745 jpops
permalink For me religion is very important. If we same religion with our couple, we can do together with her. We as Muslims need to marry with Muslims.

Nimsaj91
4yr ago
8,888 jpops
permalink It doesn't matter if you really love that person like crazy and would be unhappy without them in your life. Don't make yourself unhappy. Even if that person is from a different religion. It shouldn't matter.
But having someone who shares the same believes can make things A LOT easier sometimes. Soooo... in the end it's not that easy. ^^°

Asia1
4yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink No. Love is not about religion.

weebllikespie
4yr ago
710,940 jpops
permalink No, I don't think religion should be a barrier against a relationship. I might be a devout Christian, but that does not mean that I strictly have to marry another Christian. Sometimes it's a lot more convenient if they are the same religion as you but in the end it all comes down to whether the both of you are happy together.

nekomiminatsumi
4yr ago
49,883 jpops
permalink Well..I'm Christian and the guy doesn't have to be religious but i'd appreciate it if he at least shows some respect towards my religion.

disneylandpirate
4yr ago
2,699 jpops
permalink They don't have to it's more convenient at times i guess when you have the same religion but you don't have to as long as you respect each others beliefs.

kanami1414
4yr ago
64,535 jpops
permalink Religion doesn't matter~

HimeMurasaki
4yr ago
3,908 jpops
permalink Well, Being that I'm a Christian, I believe that you should not be unequally yolked (marry someone who is the same religion), because that's what it says in the Bible, and also because it can cause a lot of problems if you marry someone who doesn't hold the same beliefs. For example, If you were to have children with that person, what religion would you teach your children?

KumikoMichiyo
4yr ago
11,927 jpops
permalink For me, religion really doesn't matter~, so long as neither of the people in the relationship are trying to change one another

dizikolik
4yr ago
1,278 jpops
permalink for me, religion is important. He must be muslim. or we can't marry :P

KpopKdrama
4yr ago
125 jpops
permalink to my father religion is important but marrying someone with a different religion wouldn't really mean much to him at the end of the day both will still be believing in their own religion. .

Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    did you ought to marry someone with the same religion as you?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service