A new JpopAsia

14 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by JpopAsia  ·  last post 1decennia ago
Back  |  Forums    Announcements    A new JpopAsia

JpopAsia
1decennia ago
580,189 jpops
permalink We have been secretly working on a new version of JpopAsia. We worked hard, through late nights and early mornings to make the best J-Pop site ever. Three consecutive months long. There a really a LOT of new things to discover and we really hope you like the features we build in.

It may be a little unstable here and there so don't hesitate to let us know! We will be standing by the coming few days to resolve all the bugs that will show up.

There are a gazillions things to talk about! We are working on a "take-the-tour" thing, we'll let you know once it's finished :D

If you want to support our hard work please consider upgrading your account. You will help us really a lot and you'll get tons of more features. Yosh!

Click here for more information about upgrading your account.

Have fun and unleash the real J-Pop love in you!

From all of the JpopAsia Team and Moderator Team[edit]Last edit by JpopAsia on Friday 18 Apr, 2008 at 10:09 -95.8%[/edit]

KSsince1987
1decennia ago
13,815 jpops
permalink what a surprise :) hmm i dont know what to think of it... i was used to the other layout :P but i'm sure i will get used to this one soon
good job!

JpopAsia
1decennia ago
580,189 jpops
permalink Thanks! I hope you will become to like it more and more :)

Did you see our new search? It looks everything up instantly when you are finished typing :D

soulmarket
1decennia ago
2,083 jpops
permalink Love the new layout! ^^ I only just joined a couple of days ago, so this really came as quite the surprise, but looking around, all the new features seem really cool, and I can't wait to try them out.

Just FYI, whenever I try to view the comments on the articles in the news section, I get an error and can't see them. Is it just me or is something going on? I used to be able to see them in the old layout, so I thought this was worth mentioning. (This bit's fixed, thanks!) Anyway, thanks so much for all your hard work! (And I adore the Rice Balls. XD)[edit]Last edit by soulmarket on Friday 18 Apr, 2008 at 22:40 +8%[/edit]

Padel
1decennia ago
209,875 jpops
permalink Grats!! :applause: Omedetto!! :rock:

Great job on making it up so fast :otsu:

babiiigurl08
1decennia ago
1,112 jpops
permalink omigod....i was so shocked when i came on here....lol in a good way...but i think it needs a little bit or color and what not , other than that its really good..ill i need is to convince my parent to pay so i can get an upgrade

bluesweater
1decennia ago
392,055 jpops
permalink :love: :love:

fabulous!
great job JPA!! :rock: :rock:

yay... rice ball emooo :RBheart: :RBheart:

let's buy some houses! :giggle:

H2OGaijin
1decennia ago
460 jpops
permalink The updates are good, but there are a couple of bugs I found that have not been fix yet. I can't break America law by finding job *I am international student now* so is there any other way of being able to subscribe without having to pay money?
There is problem with accepting and declining friend requests. Is the site browser specific? I can't accept or decline on Firefox or Opera.
Also similer problem when you try and scroll down lyrics video will stop playing and browser will freeze.

JpopAsia
1decennia ago
580,189 jpops
permalink Thanks everyone :pray:

Quote by H2O Gaijin
The updates are good, but there are a couple of bugs I found that have not been fix yet. I can't break America law by finding job *I am international student now* so is there any other way of being able to subscribe without having to pay money?
There is problem with accepting and declining friend requests. Is the site browser specific? I can't accept or decline on Firefox or Opera.
Also similer problem when you try and scroll down lyrics video will stop playing and browser will freeze.

I can't reproduce the problem with the freezing browser. That really shouldn't happen :/ It only happens when you start scrolling the lyric down?

About the account thing, we are really sorry but the only way of upgrading is to pay. Since January the traffic of our site has been booming and we had to upgrade to new servers. In the old version there were only a few ads so in the end it couldn't cover all of our expenses. That's when we started brainstorming how to deal with this situation and a new site with another source of income was quickly decided. Three months later we are launching the current version in the hope we can cover the costs for our servers and our work. :D

The account thing will become hopefully our main source of income and it's necessary for as well us (if we can't make money with it, we can't work on the site) as well for all the people using JpopAsia, because with no income, we can't pay our servers and no servers = no JpopAsia. :RBcrying:

We understand that most of our visitors our young and do not have a lot of spending power but also the prices are not ridiculously high. Don't mistake us of aggressively commercializing JpopAsia, but the past 2 years we build this site just for really nothing. ;) The little money we receive from advertising was spend on our servers. So things really had to change with increasing traffic and thus increasing server costs. X:

So if we have an option for upgrading without paying, we our breaking our own windows (unless of course no one upgrades :crying: ). So upgrading without paying will never become an option. We will also not give these accounts for free as a prize in contests or something, Pro and Creme accounts and all the their features are really only for the members how have paid for it :hroll:

Keizou
1decennia ago
440 jpops
permalink I was surprised to see jpopasia be updated after such a long time with the old s layout.

GOOD JOB JPOPASIA!!!!New design is definitely a lot more user-friendly. I especially like the scrolling lyrics (>//<).

THANKS!!!(^_^)

Zwill
1decennia ago
1,792 jpops
permalink I love the new JPA! It's fabulousity is so much now! I especially heart the new :RBhalo: :RBconfused: :RBohNo: :RBhot: :) :RBheart: :D ;)

Good job and thanks![edit]Last edit by Zwill on Tuesday 22 Apr, 2008 at 19:59 +8.7%[/edit]

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink hi!!! just dropped by to say how much i love the new look!!!

Quote by H2O Gaijin
The updates are good, but there are a couple of bugs I found that have not been fix yet. I can't break America law by finding job *I am international student now* so is there any other way of being able to subscribe without having to pay money?

i also had a problem accepting friend requests. i tried accepting on Internet Explorer 6. nothing happened. saw this "javascript error" written on the lower left had corner of the browser window.

death68
1decennia ago
278 jpops
permalink its a little hard to find my profile settings but once i do it will be good.

Falchion
1decennia ago
15 jpops
permalink Thanks for the work on the site. :3 Also, I noticed that the site's favicon seemingly disappeared; is there some way to fix this? Sorry for the nag. xO

Back  |  Forums    Announcements    A new JpopAsia
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service