The preliminary results of AKB48's 10th annual Senbatsu World Election have been released.
After the first day of voting, NGT48 member Yuka Ogino received 59,531 votes, putting her in first place. This is the most votes a candidate has ever gotten during the first day of voting.
"I was of course very surprised, so first of all thank you all for voting...Let's do our best to support everyone in NGT so we don't lose our momentum," Ogino said.
This is the second year in a row Ogino placed first during the first day of voting. She ultimately placed 5th in the 9th Senbatsu General Election with 73,368 votes.
Voting for the 10th annual Senbatsu World Election takes place between May 29 through June 15. The final results will be revealed on June 16.
Check out the 16 members who received the most votes during first day voting below:
1. Yuka Ogino (NGT48 Team NIII) - 59,531 votes
2. Jurina Matsui (SKE48 Team S) - 38,943 votes
3. Sakura Miyawaki (HKT48 Team KIV) - 32,614 votes
4. Nana Okada (AKB48 Team 4) - 27,008 votes
5. Akari Suda (SKE48 Team E) - 22,762 votes
6. Juri Takahashi (AKB48 Team B) - 20,670 votes
7. Ayaka Tano (NGT48 Team NIII) - 17,332 votes
8. Nako Yabuki (HKT48 Team H) - 13,981 votes
9. Minami Kato (NGT48 Team NIII) - 13,905 votes
10. Rena Isshiki (SKE48 Team S) - 13,372 votes
11. Rena Hasegawa (NGT48 Team NIII) - 12,622 votes
12. Yuki Arai (SKE48 Team KII) - 11,533 votes
13. Mai Fuchigami (HKT48 Team KIV) - 11,369 votes
14. Mion Mukaichi (AKB48 Team A) - 11,297 votes
15. Seina Fukuoka (AKB48 Team B) - 11,059 votes
16. Yuna Obata (SKE48 Team KII) - 10,963 votes