Maaya Sakamoto's music video "CLEAR" was the most viewed video on JpopAsia during the month of January 2018.
JpopAsia compiled a list of the top 20 most watched music videos throughout the month of January. "CLEAR" topped this list.
"CLEAR" is the opening theme song for the new anime series "Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card" which began airing in January. The popularity of the original 90s anime series helped propel the song to the top of the charts.
Also of note this month was the return of Namie Amuro's "Hero" to the chart. The song was performed by Amuro for the year-end program "Kohaku Uta Gassen". Controversy surrounding the performance plagued NHK throughout the month of January and kept it fresh on people's minds.
Check out the top 20 most watched music videos on JpopAsia below:
1. CLEAR - Maaya Sakamoto
2. Uchiage Hanabi - DAOKO x Kenshi Yonezu
3. Hero - Namie Amuro
4. Doors ~Yuuki no Kiseki~ - Arashi
5. White Love - Hey! Say! JUMP
6. Flag wo Tatero - YUKI
7. Yuki Kageboushi - Wagakki band
8. Gyutto - Sexy Zone
9. fake town baby - Unison Square Garden
10. Finally - Namie Amuro
11. Error - GARNiDELiA
12. Saturday Night Question - Megumi Nakajima
13. Kitakaze to Taiyou - E-Girls
14. NOW or NEVER - Arashi
15. Mabataki - back number
16. ONE - Aimer
17. Mushiki no Iro - SKE48
18. Akai Kajitsu - Kis-My-Ft2
19. Invisible Sensation - Unison Square Garden
20. 11 Gatsu no Anklet - AKB48