For the 3rd year in a row, Rino Sashihara has won AKB48's Senbatsu General Election.
Sashihara received 246,376 votes during the 2017 Senbatsu General Election. This was nearly 100,000 more votes than Mayu Watanabe, the idol who placed 2nd in the election.
Sashihara has won the Senbatsu General Election 4 times throughout her career. Her other wins occurred in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
The top 16 members as voted by the election will appear on AKB48's 49th single. Details about the single are not available at this time.
Check out the top 16 members below:
1. Rina Sashihara (HKT48 Team H) - 246,376 votes
2. Mayu Watanabe (AKB48 Team B) - 149,132 votes
3. Jurina Matsui (SKE48 Team S) - 113,615 votes
4. Sakura Miyawaki (HKT48 Team KIV) - 82,803 votes
5. Yuka Ogino (NGT48 Team NIII) - 73,368 votes
6. Akari Suda (SKE48 Team E) - 63,124 votes
7. Yui Yokoyama (AKB48 Team A) - 58,314 votes
8. Sarina Souda (SKE48 Team KII) - 52,475 votes
9. Nana Okada (KB48 Team 4) - 48,143 votes
10. Rie Kitahara (NGT48 Team NIII) - 45,684 votes
11. Juri Takahashi (AKB48 Team 4) - 42,663 votes
12. Miru Shiroma (NMB48 Team M) - 41,491 votes
13. Hinata Homma (NGT48 Team NIII) - 41,230 votes
14. Nao Furuhata (SKE48 Team KII) - 40,202 votes
15. Akane Takayanagi (SKE48 Team KII) - 38,576 votes
16. Akari Yoshida (NMB48 Team M) - 35,540 votes