The results of the first day of voting in AKB48's Senbatsu General Election show that NGT48 member Yuka Ogino is currently in first place.
Ogino received 55,061 votes during the first day of voting. This is more than 20,000 votes than the second place member, Jurina Matsui of SKE48.
Last year, the 12th place member Rie Kitahara received 50,190 votes during the entire voting period. Ogino, who only received 9,403 votes in total last year, would place higher than her with only one day of voting and is expected to make Senbatsu for the first time.
Ogina joined AKB48 in 2014 as member of Baito AKB, a group of part-time AKB48 members. She was later drafted as a member of NGT in 2015. She was placed in Team NIII in 2016 where she currently serves as vice-captain.
Voting for the 9th annual Senbatsu General Election takes place from May 30 through June 16. Check out the 16 members who received the most votes during first day voting below:
1. Yuka Ogino (NGT48 Team NIII) - 55,061 votes
2. Jurina Matsui (SKE48 Team S) - 34,641 votes
3. Rina Sashihara (HKT48 Team H) - 32,340 votes
4. Mayu Watanabe (AKB48 Team B) - 27,614 votes
5. Hinata Homma (NGT48 Team NIII) - 25,032 votes
6. Akari Suda (SKE48 Team E) - 24,947 votes
7. Moeka Takakura (NGT48 Team NIII) - 21,667 votes
8. Sakura Miyawaki (HKT48 Team KIV) - 21,151 votes
9. Juri Takahashi (AKB48 Team 4) - 17,047 votes
10. Nana Okada (KB48 Team 4) - 16,867 votes
11. Yuuka Kato (NMB48 Team M) - 12,396 votes
12. Yui Yokoyama (AKB48 Team A) - 12,031 votes
13. Narumi Kuranoo (AKB48 Team 8) - 11,961 votes
14. Saya Kawamoto (AKB48 Team 4) - 11,864 votes
15. Ayaka Okita (NMB48 Team BII) - 11,373 votes
16. Satone Kubo (AKB48 Kenkyuusei) - 11,363 votes