Erika Sawajiri born April 8, 1986 in Nerima, Tokyo) is a Japanese actress and model. Her ethnicity include Japanese/Algerian (Her mother is Algerian-French mixed). She is currently affiliated with Stardust Promotion, and became popular after playing a girl who suffered from an intractable disease called spinocerebellar degeneration (SCD) in the nonfiction drama "1 Litre of Tears".
* She has a Japanese father and an Algerian-French mother and is the youngest child of three brothers and sisters. Her father died of cancer when she was in her third year at junior high school and her second eldest brother died in a car accident when she was in her first year at high school.
* Her father owned sixteen racehorses, including the horse, Edonokoban (エドノコバン). Her mother manages a Mediterranean restaurant now and Erika sometimes helps with it.
* Her specialty is horseback riding. She has been riding since childhood.
* Her name is derived from an orchids's name. (Ericaceae's Erica)
* She decided to enter the entertainment world because she wanted to meet singer Namie Amuro whom she idolizes.
* It's said that she has a frank character in contrast with her girlish appearance.
* Her music career debut was under the name "Kaoru Amane". A name of her character in her current drama, the TV adaptation of A Song to the Sun (Taiyou no Uta). The single went into number 1 in its second and fourth week.