= newer comments

weebllikespie

• 0
    leighLa 4yr ago   Edited

[]

• 0
    weebllikespie 4yr ago   Edited

So Toesan said all profiles with pictures are supposed to have cards. :/ I'm not sure if that seems right. What the probability that so many artists haven't shown up yet?

Ah, I saw Toesan's response and I'm still a little doubtful too~ I can think of so many artists that haven't even shown up yet and at this stage, I should have seen a vast majority of them.

From experience with programming, we can easily assume that the cards are generated each round using a random number generator. Computers work using binary so computers are most comfortable with working with numbers in powers of 2. This usually applies to RNGs as well. Now the chances that the total number of eligible artists (by Toesan's definition) is also a power of 2 is extremely small. So what might have happened is that he set the RNG formula to count all artist profiles with profile pics, but because of the inherent limitations of using binary, the RNG might only count the number of cards up to the highest power of 2. What this means is that there might be say, 15,000 different eligible artists total, but the highest number that is a multiple of 2 here is 8,192, so the RNG can only count up to 8,192, meaning that the other 6,808 or so artists aren't counted and hence won't be generated. The computer can't use 16,388 (the next power of 2) because that would bug the game as some numbers aren't being coded for. A lot of video games have suffered from this problem and people often find a way to cheat the RNG because of it. That's my best explanation as to why some cards aren't showing up, but the issue is just as likely to be something else entirely.

Can I get your opinion on something too, please? on this profile, there are several added albums, and I don't know if they're VA albums or collabs. I went ahead and  approved the videos with them because I didn't see the albums on another artist page, but I really don't know for sure.

These are basically OST albums (I'm referring to 'Show Me The Money') for a Korean rapping competition that is aired on TV, not for the artist himself. I would say that you have to delete them because we don't approve OST albums (for TV shows, dramas etc.)

• 0
    leighLa 4yr ago   Edited

[]

• 0
    weebllikespie 4yr ago   Edited

Like I said, this is only speculation from hindsight. I did a programming course for software programs and Excel, not web design. They use different scripting platforms. I use VBA and Toesan uses PHP. I'm pretty sure the underlying issue might be something else entirely, such as loop counters. That being said, I have seen a lot of RPGs to be incredibly dodgy because they are normally semi-random and not truly random. I'll raise the issue with Toesan and see what he makes of it.

Yeah, not being able to delete albums is getting to me too~ it's funny how we specifically stated the rules for adding new albums and they still do it anyway :/

• 0
    leighLa 4yr ago   Edited

[]

JpopAsia   © 2020             Privacy             Terms
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service