Nell (Hangul: 넬) are a South Korean indie rock band, named after an Academy Award nominated film, Nell. Formed in 1999, the band consists of Kim Jong-wan on vocals, guitar and keyboard, Lee Jae-kyung on lead guitar, Lee Jung-hoon on bass guitar and Jung Jae-won on drum.
While performing at live clubs in Hongdae, they were picked up by Seo Tai-ji, and soon became the first band of Goesoo Indigene record label in 2002. In 2006, the band decided to finish their contract with Goesoo Indigene and they are currently signed with WOOLLIM Entertainment.
The band is heavily influenced by numerous British bands such as Radiohead, Placebo, Travis, and Muse. They also performed a number of covers of Muse, Coldplay, Sting, and Bob Dylan during their gigs.
Nell has participated in both 2006 and 2007 Pentaport Rock Festival of South Korea, where Placebo and Muse also performed each year.
The band is known for their gloomy and psychedelic sound, and gained their fame with tracks like “Stay” from Let It Rain, “Thank You” from Walk Through Me Good Night from Healing Process and “기억을 걷는 시간” from Separation Anxiety. Their 2006 album 'Healing Process' was chosen as one of five best recordings of the year among critics of South Korea. Nell's 2008 album "Separation Anxiety" was a hit in South Korea, ranking No.1 in various album charts.
Following Woollim Entertainment's split from SM C&C in 2016, Nell left the label and created their own label SPACE BOHEMIAN for future releases.
* Kim Jong-wan: Vocals, Guitar, Keyboard
* Lee Jae-kyung: Lead guitar
* Lee Jung-hoon: Bass guitar
* Jung Jae-won: Drums
* Reflection of - (2001)
* Speechless - (2001)
* Let It Rain - (2003)
* Walk Through Me - (2004)
* Healing Process - (2006)
* Separation Anxiety - (2008)
* Slip Away - (2012)
* Let's Take A Walk - (2007) Acoustic album
* 2004 Korean Music Awards(2회 시상식): Artist of the Year(Group) Nominee - Walk Through Me
* 2006 Korean Music Awards(4회 시상식): Artist of the Year(Group) Nominee - Healing Process
* 2006 Korean Music Awards(4회 시상식): Best Modern Rock Album Nominee - Healing Process
* 2007 Korean Music Awards(5회 시상식): Best Modern Rock Artist of the Year Picked by Netizens - Let's Take a Walk