About Nana Kitade
Nana Kitade (Japanese: 北出菜奈 Kitade Nana, born May 2, 1987）is a J-rock singer. She is originally from Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan.
Her height is 160 cm.
Blood type is O.
Her agency is Big Apple, and she performs under the Sony Music Entertainment Japan record label. She passed a demonstration tape examination in 2002 and the Sony Music audition of 40,000 application totals. From that, she was signed to SME Records Inc.
Nana Kitade, now a J-pop singer was determined to be a singer at a young age devoted herself to piano at age 3. By age 12, she started writing her own lyrics and at 14, she started guitar. After junior high, she moved to Tokyo, the center of music industries in Japan.
Years of patience and hard work paid off in 2002 at the audition for Sony Music where her talent and music abilities were discovered. The following year in October, she recorded her first single, Indelible Sin (Kesenai Tsume) the ending theme for anime series, Fullmetal Alchemist. By then, her songs were featured in television shows and video games giving her music full publicity. By August 2005, her first album, 18-eighteen was released. Following that was her first official concert, swarming with eager fans.
Later came the fashion line of her signature Gothic Lolita look. Nana was soon a fashion icon for teenage girls. Many Nana wannabes (very alike from Namie wannabes) started dressing in her gothic/lolita style. Many teenage girls can be found wearing dark, elaborate, corset dresses, covered in bows, ruffles and lace sporting hats overtop russet hair.
Although her music, hardcore yet at the same time moving the heart of her fans, she's been criticized about her heavy Asian accent since some of her songs do contain English. Many J-pop fans feel that if the artist can speak fluent English without much accent, then they should go for it and feel free to put in as much English as they can into their songs, but many fans and critics think that Nana should just stick to Japanese since the way she puts English into her songs or even the way she speaks in interviews and tapes makes Nana fans and other J-pop lovers cringe.
There is no denying Nana Kitade will have a bright music career. With her style and originality there is no doubt her music will be going no direction but up.
* October 29 - Debuted with the single Kesenai Tsumi, which was used as the 1st ending song for the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist.
* November 1 - Appeared on the NHK Television program pop-jam.
* July 25 - First national in store tour was performed until August 15. (7 cities, 8 public performances)
* June 1 - 5th single KISS or KISS was released. It was the theme song of the Nippon Television drama anego. It ranked 11th place on the weekly Oricon chart.
* July 20 - 6th single Kanashimi no Kizu was released. It was the theme song of PS2 game Fullmetal Alchemist 3 -Kami wo Tsugu Shoujo-. It ranked 29th on the weekly Oricon chart.
* August 1 - Participated in the Hong Kong Comic Festival 2005. She was the first Japanese person to participate in the festival.
* August 24 - 1st Album 18-eighteen- was released. It ranked 16th place on the Oricon chart. Track 6, Alice was used as the image song for the movie Shinku.
* August 28 - Participated in Bokura no Ongaku LIVE on the Odaiba Bouken'ou specially installed stage. A part of this was shown to the public on Bokura no Ongaku 2
* September 7 - Held her first one-man live show, which was entitled Nana Kitade Live Showcase '18-eighteen-', in SHIBUYA-AX.
* December 7 - "NANA KITADE-18MOVIES-" DVD released. The DVD consists of all her music videos up until this point, clips from her one-man live show, commercials for her releases, and a studio recording of Kesenai Tsumi.
* June 6 - American anime convention Otakon announced that she would be a musical guest for Otakon 2006 in August.
* August 2 - Made an instore performance at San Francisco's Virgin Megastore. She did her first US radio interview with eigoMANGA's radio program, Shibuya Airwaves.
* August 4 - Made her first East Coast performance at the Ram's Head Live at Otakon.
* December 6 - 2nd album "I scream" was released in Japan.
* Kesenai Tsumi (消せない罪) [October 29, 2003]
1. Kesenai Tsumi (消せない罪 - Inerasable Sin)
2. Shunkan (瞬間 - Moment)
3. Iryuuhin (遺留品 - Things Left Behind)
4. Kesenai Tsumi (instrumental) (消せない罪) (instrumental))
* Kesenai Tsumi ~raw “breath” track~ (消せない罪 ～raw “breath” track～) [December 3, 2003]
1. Kesenai Tsumi ~raw “breath” track~(消せない罪 ～raw“breath”track～)
2. Shunkan ~raw “pain” track~ (瞬間 ～raw “pain” track～)
3. Kesenai Tsumi ~raw “breath” track~ (消せない罪 ～raw “breath” track～ （instrumental）)
* Utareru Ame(撃たれる雨) [February 4, 2004]
1. Utareru Ame (撃たれる雨 - Defeating Rain)
2. Akai Hana (赤い花 - Red Flower)
3. Utakata (泡沫 - Transient)
4. Utareru Ame ~ raw “break” track (撃たれる雨 ～raw “break” track～)
* HOLD HEART [July 22, 2004]
1. HOLD HEART
2. blue butterfly
* pureness/Nanairo (pureness／七色) [November 17, 2004]
2. Nanairo (七色 - Seven Colours)
3. pureness (instrumental)
4. Nanairo (instrumental) (七色 (instrumental))
* KISS or KISS [June 1, 2005]
1. KISS or KISS
2. Chouhatsu GIRL (挑発ガール - Provoking Girl)
3. KISS or KISS（Instrumental）
* Kanashimi no Kizu (悲しみのキズ) [July 20, 2005]
1. Kanashimi no Kizu (悲しみのキズ - Scar of Sadness)
2. Call me
3. Kanashimi no Kizu (instrumental) (悲しみのキズ（Instrumental）)
* SLAVE of KISS [February 8, 2006]
2. KISS wo Kudasai (キスを下さい - A Kiss, Please)
3. KISS or KISS (English version)
4. Sweet frozen kiss
* Kibou no Kakera (希望のカケラ) [October 4, 2006]
1. Kibou no Kakera (希望のカケラ - Pieces of Hope)
2. This is a GIRL
3. Kibou no Kakera (Original Karaoke) (希望のカケラ（オリジナルカラオケ）)
18~eighteen~ [August 24, 2005]
1. KISS or KISS
2. Kesenai Tsumi (消せない罪 - Inerasable Sin)
3. Rasen (螺旋 - Spiral)
5. HOLD HEART
7. Kanashimi no Kizu (悲しみのキズ - Scar of Sadness)
8. Utareru Ame (撃たれる雨 - Defeating Rain)
10. Shunkan (瞬間 - Moment)
11. eighteen sky
18~eighteen~ US Album [July 11th, 2006]
1. Kiss or Kiss
2. Indelible Sin
5. Hold Heart
7. Kanashimi No Kizu
8. Break Out
11. Eighteen Sky
12. Kiss Or Kiss (Bonus Track - English Version)
Cutie Bunny ~Nana-teki ROCK Daisakusen_Codename wa C.B.R.~ (Cutie Bunny ～菜奈的ロック大作戦＿ コードネームはC.B.R.～)
MINI-ALBUM [July 12, 2006]
1. Lum no Love Song (ラムのラブソング - Lum's Love Song): 1st opening theme of Urusei Yatsura
2. Moonlight Densetsu (ムーンライト伝説 - Moonlight Legend): 1st opening theme of Sailor Moon
3. Arashi no Sugao (嵐の素顔 - The Storm's Plain Face): Shizuka Kudo cover
4. YOU MAY DREAM: SHEENA and the ROKKETS cover
5. Roppongi Shinjuu (六本木心中 - Double Suicide of Roppongi): Ann Lewis cover
6. Bara wa Utsukushiku Chiru (薔薇は美しく散る - The Roses Scatter Beautifully): Opening theme of Rose of Versailles
I scream [December 6, 2006]
1. Star Killer
2. Watashi wa Jigenbakudan (私は時限爆弾 - I'm a Time Bomb)
3. Lum no Love Song (ラムのラブソング - Lum's Love Song)
4. Ron yori Shouko. (論より証拠。 - Evidence than a Theory)
5. Juusannichi no Kinyoubi (13日 の金曜日 - Friday the 13th)
6. dark snow angel
7. Sweet frozen kiss
8. Akai Kami no Onna no Ko (赤い髪の女の子 - Red Haired Girl)
10. Kibou no Kakera (希望のカケラ - Pieces of Hope)
11. Innocent world
12. Fujiyuu na Asa (不自由な朝 - Discomforting Morning)
13. BASKET CASE
* NANA KITADE -18MOVIES- (December 7, 2005)
* Cutie Bunny ~Nana-teki ROCK Taisakusen Codename wa C.B.R. (Cutie Bunny ～菜奈的ロック大作戦＿ コードネームはC.B.R.～) [DVD DISC2] (July 12, 2006)
* Kitade Nana no All Night Nippon R (February 13, 2004 — September 2, 2005 Nippon Broadcasting System etc...)
* Kitade Nana no Ima Doko? (July 2, 2004 - HBC Radio)
* HONNY BUNNY (April 1, 2005 - FM-FUJI)
* Kitade Nana Tokeidai no Otona Relock (July 2, 2005 - AIR-G')
* Tales of Another Festival (live concert-type program for fans of the anime "Fullmetal Alchemist" in Tokyo's Osaka-jou Hall)
* Shibuya Airwaves (August 1, 2006 - CBS Radio, American Radio Program)
* Kitade, Nana Performance and Autograph Signing (August 2nd, 2006) Virgin Megastore - San Francisco
* Kitade, Nana Performance at Ram's Head, Autograph Signing, and Fashion Contest w/ guest judge Naoki Matsumura and hostess Lauren Goodnight(August 4-6, 2006) Otakon Anime Convention at BCC - Baltimore