WaT (Wentz and Teppei) is a Japanese pop duo, composed of singers/songwriters Eiji Wentz and Teppei Koike. They met each other in 2002 and formed WaT, playing street lives with their guitars. Their debut single "Boku no Kimochi" came out in 2005. Wentz, who is half German-American and half Japanese, is also known as an entertainer and comedian. Koike is also known as an actor and can play the harmonica. Their first single "Boku no Kimochi" reached the second place on Oricon c...Read more (3700 words more)
WaT (Wentz and Teppei) is a Japanese pop duo, composed of singers/songwriters Eiji Wentz and Teppei Koike. They met each other in 2002 and formed WaT, playing street lives with their guitars. Their debut single "Boku no Kimochi" came out in 2005. Wentz, who is half German-American and half Japanese, is also known as an entertainer and comedian. Koike is also known as an actor and can play the harmonica. Their first single "Boku no Kimochi" reached the second place on Oricon chart.
Eiji Wentz (ウエンツ瑛士 Uentsu Eiji?, born October 8, 1985) is a singer, entertainer, and actor from Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He is a member of the singer-songwriter duo WaT, and belongs to the production company Burning Productions.
He became involved in the entertainment industry at a very young age. Wentz initially started as a model at age 4, and made his acting debut as the role of Chip in the Four Seasons Musical Troupe Production of Beauty and the Beast. He became famous as a child actor as a regular on the NHK television show Tensai Terebi-kun (天才テレビくん?) where he played bass guitar and piano at age 10. During live performances, he played the acoustic bass as well as the keyboard. He started learning the guitar from age 17. He later entered Burning Productions after the recommendation of Hiromi Gō.
Started out as a model at age four.
Made his acting debut as the role of Chip in the Four Seasons Musical Troupe Production of Beauty and the Beast.
Became famous as a child actor as a regular on the NHK television show Tensai Terebi-kun (天才てれびくん).
Eiji, who is said to get his handsome looks from his German-American father, is widely known as "the half-American who can only speak Japanese." It is known that he is the only member of his family that cannot speak English. His mother, of course knows English because she is married to an American. His older brother took English lessons from an English tutor. Eiji says that because his parents get too excited and use English when they get mad at him, he often doesn't know that they're mad. He had especially bad grades at English in High School.
Already known from being a child actor, he began to stand out again in 2005 due to his appearances on variety television. Despite his handsome looks, because of his spirited attitude many consider him to be one of the best upcoming young comedians. Eiji says he absolutely loves Housei Yamasaki, a famous comedian, because of the times they starred together on Tensai Terebi-kun. In fact, on the November 21, 2005 episode of Fujiterebi's HEY!HEY!HEY! MUSIC CHAMP, Yamasaki told one of hosts "He was the first guy to ever respect me."
In 2002 (at age 16), the first time he appeared on Odoru! Sanma Goten!! (踊る!さんま御殿!!), Eiji was so nervous that when it was his turn to speak, no words came out. The manager of the show felt bad for the depressed Eiji and took him to a nearby Ringer Hut (Japanese restaurant chain) to eat after the show. However, because Eiji was in such shock from what happened on the show, he threw up while he was eating. That became a traumatic experience for him and now he is unable to eat champon.
Eiji started doing singing with Teppei Koike as WaT. They started in 2002 with street performances. In Febuary of 2004 they released an indies CD. In August of 2005 they were signed to Universal Music and had their major debut in November 2005.
According to sources, Eiji is very, very close with his partner from WaT, Teppei Koike, and often visits Teppei's house. Reportedly, when he goes there he gets very relaxed and often strips nude.
During a television interview in 2005, Eiji revealed that a big worry of his was the fact that Teppei "won't get naked together with me." On top of that, he said he was jealous when he found out that Teppei got naked together with Kamenashi Kazuya of the Idol Group KAT-TUN.
When asked about the future of his career, and the fact that instead of music, Eiji wants his career in television to bloom, Eiji has gotten tears in his eyes and commented that he would never want Teppei to give up music so he wants to go on as well.
Sees Chinatsu Wakatsuki as one of his rivals in the entertainment world.
Television fortune teller Kazuko Hosoki told him that he will "open a successful sports shop at age 26 and become rich."
In his 2005 drama Tadashii Renai no Susume (正しい恋愛のススメ), Eiji not only had an erotic love scene with a girl, but also a kissing scene with fellow actor Kento Handa.
Eiji loves animals and at his family home he has a male dog named Terry who is a Labrador Retriever.
At his own house, where he lives away from his family, Eiji has a Wire Hair Miniature Dachshund named Ozawa-kun. He also gets called Oza-kun.
Eiji also owns a cat named Nana.
Though he's usually not very picky, he hates scallops. It's not the taste or consistancy, but the fact that one day in elementary school scallops were served for lunch and Eiji's teacher forcibly made Eiji eat them.
Though he failed in English, Eiji had very good kanji test scores.
Attended Osaka Furitsu Nagano High School.
Was the grand prix winner of the 14th Junon Super Boy Contest.
Moved to Tokyo in the spring. Changed schools to Horikoshi High (also attended at the same time by NEWS' Tomohisa Yamashita, D-BOYS' Yuu Shirota, Japanese actor and singer Toma Ikuta and KAT-TUN's Koki Tanaka)
Met Eiji Wentz while working and formed WaT. Started doing street lives.
Debuted as an actor in the drama Tentai Kazoku.
WaT released debut indies CD Sotsugyō Time in June.
Acted in the drama Gokusen 2, which was part of the reason for his increasing popularity.
WaT signs with Universal Music in August, releases first major single Boku no Kimochi in November, reaching 2nd place on the Oricon chart. They are the band with the shortest time gap between debut and appearing on NHK's Kōhaku Uta Gassen.
Released his first photobook, First Letter From Teppei.
Presented with the Newcomer's 43rd Golden Arrow Award (WaT).
Presented with the 20th Gold Disc Award for "Best New Artist".
First leading role in the movie Lovely Complex as Atsushi Otani.
Official supporter in 2006's International Volleyball Tournament (WaT).
Nominated for the Best Supporting Actor in the 49th Drama Academy Award, for his performance in Iryu.
Released his second photobook, Kiss me, Kiss me.
On New Year's Eve, WaT performed for the second time in NHK's Kōhaku.
Acted in the drama Iryu, as Ijyuuin.
First music solo project was announced on January 10.
His story of leaving his family and hometown to pursue his dream to be a performer was turned into a 52 pages one shot manga entitled Bokura no Ibasho by Nakahara Aya, the author of the manga Lovely Complex.
Solo single, Kimi ni Okuru Uta, was released on February 14, Valentine's Day, with Wentz's solo song Lucky de Happy as the B-side song.
Solo album, Pieces was released on the 27th of June.
His immediate family consists of his father, mother, and a younger brother.
The name "Teppei" came from his father's favourite manga, Ore wa Teppei.
* Height: 167cm, Weight: 54kg, Shoe size: 26.5cm
* He has a pale 2 centimetre-across birthmark on his left thigh.
* He doesn't like his slightly bowed legs.
* He had a small job to earn pocket money with watering plants around the flats when he was small.
* He's got short eye sights therefore wears contact lenses at work, and glasses at home. He started wearing glasses at 13, then changed to contact lenses at 14. And he's got dry eyes therefore carries an eye drop with him all the time.
* He's proud of his abdominal muscle, and even co-stars admitted he had a great abdominal muscle although he was terrible swimmer when he was doing the drama 'Water Boys 2'.
* At the final selection of JUNON Super Boy contest, he kept singing Kobukuro's 'Wadachi' despite of his guitar string snapped.
* His guitar string once again snapped during the performance in NHK Ko-haku Utagassen in 2005. Although his microphone fell down during his performing 'Bokuno Kimochi', he continued singing till the end.
* He updates his blog everyday in his official web site (Only he's suspended several times due to busy schedule since 2002), which shows he cares a lot about his fans.
* He's not keen on arguments, what's called a 'pacifist', which is shown in the episode he quit going to Karate class when he was small because he didn't like fighting with others and got home in tears.
* He used to be called 'Koike', 'Koicchi', KoiQ' when he was a school boy. He's been called 'Teppei' just since he moved to Tokyo.
* According to himself, his personality is basically honest, but a bit lazy and slow.
* According to Wentz, he's quite man and outgoing although he's said to be a cute guy, which he doesn't show much on TV.
* Favourite foods are soy saurce flavoured noodle, sushi. Dislikes are melon, watermelon, whipped cream. He doesn't like the seeds in watermelon.
* A girl of his dream is the one who is kind and considerate of others. He also falls for someone who has a big gap in something. He also has a deep attachment to the clavicle and finger nails.
* Favourite Japanese character is ? which is in his name.
* Although he's a fan of Hanshin Tigers, he knows only a few players' names.
* The 1st alcohol he had when he became 20 was imo-jouchuu (sweat potato liquor), and favourite alcohol is awamori (Wentz likes it).
* However, he can't drink a lot, he goes asleep when he gets drunk. He also gets pampered when he gets drunk.
* He doesn't like pyjamas.
* He always eats a beef jerky as a snack with drinks.
* He's fond of nature. When he moved to Tokyo, everything in his room were in green colour.
Habit, Speciality, Hobby and so on
* He used to belong to the basketball club at a junior high school and played the position of guard. The coach was very strict.
* The start of his getting into music was when he listened to 'Natsuiro' by Yuzu, which impressed on him and made him wonder 'why do I feel so happy listening to this song'. The 1st CD he bought himself was Yuzu's album.
* His habit is to fix his hair, and he sticks his tongue out of his mouth when he is fixing his hair.
* He's not bad at dance and cooking. His speciality is chicken with white cream sauce.
* He often takes photos of moon and stars with a digital camera. He often shows Wentz those photos he took, but he can't get any good reactions from Wentz.
* He is left-handed (originally was right-handed, but while he was copying his father who was left-handed, became himself left-handed without noticing), but he becomes right-handed when he plays the guitar, bowling, or write a calligraphy.
* He's got 5 guitars at the moment.
* He says he wants to marry before 30.
* He eats a lot although he doesn't look like.
* He grinds his teeth and rolls about a lot while he's asleep, so he's much noisier in his sleep than in awake. He's once given Wentz who was sleeping next to him a dolphin kick.
* He had many complaints about his grinding his teeth and terrible rolling in his sleep while in training camp for 'Water Boys 2'.
* He didn't know that women could grow beard until a member of JUNON staff told him about it at the end of 2006.
* His family consists of father, mother, and 1 younger brother. He respects his father so much.
* His name 'Teppei' was taken after his father's favourite manga "Oreha Teppei". And his parents wished him to become a person who devotes himself to whatever he does therefore used the kanji character ? in his name.
: He looks like his mother, and his smile looks like his father. The reason why his smile doesn't look like his mum is because she's always with a worried look.
* His father is daring, mother is a worrywart. He says he's more like his mother.
* He gets on very well with his brother who is 3 years younger than him therefore has never had a fight with him. He often gets advices about his work from him over a phone.
* Actor Kyomoto Masaki is a relative from his father's family, but not immediate relative.
* When he moved to Tokyo, drove for 10 hours from Osaka with his whole family. They tidied up his room together, and slept over in his room 1 or 2 nights.
* The gift he bought his mother with his very 1st wage was a pair of earrings.
More to add from Wiki-sensei. Some more stuff coming up soon!
* Fukuyama Masaharu...Teppei wants to become like him. They met each other for the first time in 2006 FNS music festival. Fukuyama was mentioning in his radioshow about Teppei as a pleasant young man.
* Kobukuro... When Teppei met Kobukuro for the first time at the photo shoot for JUNON magazine, he sang 'Bokurano Ibasho' along with the guitar, and in return, Kobukuro sang their song 'YELL' which made Teppei in tears over excitement.
* Yamazaki Masayoshi...Teppei confessed Yamazaki he'd been a great fan of Yamazaki's at the backstage when they both were in the TV show 'Music Station'. He also took a photo with Yamazaki together, and later Wentz made fun of Teppei by pretending to drop the camera in which he kept the photo, he was so annoyed with Wentz he felt like hitting him seriously.
* He's got a driving license, but hardly ever drives.
* He's got a license for a small ship, which he took for the photo shoot for JUNON. He was very quick to pick up.
* He's qualified the 2nd grade in the use of the abacus.
* He cried in tears at the event for their indie debut.
* He burst into tears over the joy when he appered in Music Station as WaT for the first time.
* He burst into tears earlier than anyone else after finishing the shoot of the drama 'Gokusen'.
* He watched the last episode of the drama 'Water Boys 2' at his home in Osaka with his family. It was only him who was in tears during watching the drama.
* He sang SMAP song 'Orange' at the Junior high school's graduation ceremony, and cried in tears. But no one else except him was crying.
* He was in tears when Wentz sang Ozaki Yutaka's 'I LOVE YOU' at Karaoke.
* He was touched by the film 'Crayon Shin-chan Arashiwo yobu mo-retsu! Otona Teikokuno gyakushu', and burst into tears in the middle of the night after watching it.
* The hardest work he's ever done is the drama 'Water Boys2'. During the term of the shooting, he would work 6 days for the shooting, 1 day for practice on synchronised swim. He couldn't swim before he started this drama, and went to gym for practice by himself.
* Snowboarding scene is seen in the video '5 centi', however, he had had an experience of snowboard only for 3 hours before he did the video.
* He went to the beach for shooting the video of 'Hava Rava', he stayed overnight at a hotel nearby. He felt like being on a school excursion and started telling a ghost story to Wentz who didn't want to hear. However, he saw something like a ghost and got really scared, so he held Wentz's hand and shared one futon and mattress together with Wentz when he went to sleep.
* Basically he speaks standard Japanese when he's on TV, but he tends to use Kansai dialect more often recently. He uses Kansai dialect when he speaks with Wentz.
* Close friend of Saitoh Shota and Saitoh Keita brothers. They sometimes go on a trip to hot spring bath.
more info in wiki about teppei~
- a girl from his class confessed to him when he was graduating from secondary school. he did be with her at that time, but he often ask himself "do i really like this girl?", he felt that it is not polite to be with her when he has this thinking. after one week, he broke up with her. at that time, everyday he listened to 'orange' by SMAP.
- love to wear boxer brief. (not clear since when)
- confident in his skill of magic. he practiced it alone at home.
- belonged to Folk Song Club when he was in high school before going to tokyo. he quitted because of going to tokyo. however, he still in contact with everyone member in the club. when teppei went back to Oosaka in january, the members played the guitar and sang "happy birthday" to him as present/gift.
- when he worried about whether to go to tokyo to work, and whether to go to tokyo from oosaka, his father pushed his back and said to him "if you really want to do this, do not have the feeling of giving up in halfway"
- most precious thing: wentz eiji
- maeda chiyo .... appeared as guest in HEY!HEY!HEY!MUSIC CHAMP, teppei wants to meet him all this time. teppei himself loves magic.
- in the fighting scene with wentz in the movie "my favorite girl", wentz hitted teppei's forehead.
- because of the need to attend other work that caused teppei to be behind the schedule, he practiced alone to catch up with the other members. in practicing playing the drums for the event of "shin haru kakushi gen dai kai" (a new year event), his shoulder's bone dislocated/out of joint. although it is painful but he did not want to cause any trouble to everyone so he continue practicing.
- teppei does not feel happy for wentz to go vacation alone. he said unhappily "he left me alone and gone"
- one thing said by wentz that made teppei shocked "i'm going to onsen alone" (by the way, one thing said by teppei that made wentz shocked "by seeing wentz's face makes me feel relieved". wentz react by saying "i do not understand what he means."
- teppei's resolution for the year of 2006 is "going for vacation with wentz". he said that he would like to go to onsen or snowboarding, etc with wentz. on the way going back to oosaka, teppei visited wentz who was having a shooting for movie in kyoto, but in the end, it was only teppei who travelled.
- if wentz/teppei is a girl? to this question, the both of them answered "we will be together (as a couple)"
- during the shooting of "5cm", teppei had a stomachache and having an intravenous drip, wentz represent teppei and listened to the doctor's explanation. when going back, wentz brought teppei jelly and salad etc.
- one day, when composing melody with wentz, suddenly wentz jumped up to teppei's bed and started to play the guitar. at that time, the bed gave out the sound of "minkk", and teppei said to wentz "stop it". after some days, teppei came back from work and went up to bed, and the bed broke down. about this happening, teppei said "it is all his (wentz) fault."
Teppei is really good friends with Eiji Wentz. They often visit each others houses, watch movies and go out to eat together. When they were doing street lives, they often borrowed each others clothes.
Teppei calls Wentz "Ei-chan".
They have spent Christmas together ever since they met. (The first year, they took purikura in Shinjuku; the second year, they ran a marathon for their indies debut PV; the third year, they ate at a hamburger shop; the fourth year was a WaT event and love*com photoshoot)
For Wentz's 20th birthday, Teppei bought him a lot of underwear. (Wentz has showed up on variety TV wearing just underwear a lot of times)
In "Bokura no Ibasho" (a manga based on Teppei's life story), Teppei said the only thing he had in common with Wentz was their love of music. Other than that, they are complete opposite. ("If we were in the same class or something, I definitely think we wouldn't be friends" - quote from "Bokura no Ibasho")
ウエンツ瑛士 Wentz Eiji
# Profession: Actor and singer
# Birthdate: 1985 Oct 08
# Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
# Star sign: Libra
# Blood type: O
小池徹平 Koike Teppei
# Profession: Actor and singer
# Birthdate: 1986 Jan 05
# Birthplace: Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan
# Star sign: Capricorn
# Blood type: B
2005 Nov 02
僕のキモチ (Boku no Kimochi)
(Oricon Chart Position - 2)
2006 Jan 25
(Oricon Chart Position - 2)
2006 Aug 02
(Oricon Chart Position - 4)
2006 Nov 01
(Oricon Chart Position - 1)
2006 Dec 06
ボクラノLove Story (Bokura no Love Story)
(Oricon Chart Position - 4)
2008 Jan 16
夢の途中 (Yume no Tochuu)
(Oricon Chart Position - 4)
2008 Apr 23
時を越えて~Fantastic World (Toki wo Koete~Fantastic World)
(Oricon Chart Position - 8)
2008 Oct 29 latest
36℃ (36 Do)
(Oricon Chart Position - TBA)
2006 Mar 01
卒業TIME~僕らのはじまり~ (Sotsugyo TIME~Bokura no Hajimari)
(Oricon Chart Position - 2)
2007 Nov 28 latest
(Oricon Chart Position - 4)
2006 Apr 26
WaT Entertainment Show 2006 "do" Act LIVE Vol.4
2006 Dec 20
My Favourite Girl -The Movie-
2008 May 28
WaT Music Video Collection
2008 Jul 30 latest
WaT LIVE TOUR 2008 “凶×小吉=大吉ツアー”at 日比谷野音 · close
Become true fan of WaT to write a fan message
I love them both
esp. Koike Teppei ~
Koike Teppi is so cute...
|Band type||duo (2 members)|
|Debut||1 January, 2002 (active)|
|Bookmark||Create account or login|