Why did C-pop's popularity decrease?

24 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by FAHRENHEITISMvsLEADER  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    C-Pop central    Why did C-pop's popularity decrease?

FAHRENHEITISMvsLEADER
6yr ago
18,119 jpops
permalink All those C-pop fans around me are decreasing... Are do not whether this happens to you all... Why? Most of them got nice songs.... I just love every pop... Nowadays, people are affect by physical look... :"( I just feel sad for this...

kevinccc8
6yr ago
77 jpops
permalink maybe k-pop and j-pop is on the rise?

vistaloco
6yr ago
286 jpops
permalink still, cpop is the best sellers here in taiwan. i feel like jpop is decreasing instead. there were a couple of friends/students around me who listen amuro namie and arashi but i can't find them easily around me nowadays.

XFrozenFlowerX
6yr ago
1,094 jpops
permalink yeah i think cpop's popularity decreased a long time ago, but nowadays it is jpop that more decreasing, and kpop rising up instead...
for a few years ive also listened to almost only kpop, but nowadays i listen more to jpop and cpop, because i feel like kpop is so superficial...
but i do think more people should try listening to cpop^^ and i want jpop to rise up again

Sumiko1
6yr ago
2,009 jpops
permalink What is c-pop? ........

Haha! Just kidding! I have never heard a c-pop song before in my life. Sorry. :P

kyokobeat
6yr ago
100,908 jpops
permalink I would hope C-POP's popularity isn't decreasing. I like a lot more than J-POP at this point. Maybe it's just a lull atm? Because recently there have been artists debuting (EXO-M and TimeZ) who have both C-POP and K-POP appeal. If we're talking about artists like Fahrenheit, Vanness Wu, Lollipop F, and other female artists, I'm not exactly sure why. It seems as opposed to actually doing promotions (which I rarely hear about) almost everyone's songs are for a show and not really for album promotion. I think Han Geng is an exception, he's extremely popular atm :)

sora3453
5yr ago
44,996 jpops
permalink I think it decreases because of the impact of jpop and kpop. The people get in to these two countries' music first by watching anime, doramas etc. and they stand more closer to people because of their style and that's why c-pop is not really that popular.

ChrystalAkasha
5yr ago
25,426 jpops
permalink Kpop is completely on the rise. Jpop is not the music everyone likes because it sometimes tends to be a bit crazy. And I'm not sure if Cpop really had been very famous before. But if I'm honest, I tend to listen to the older songs more because they are mostly just better, my problem with many Cpop-singers is, that they often aren't very good singers, of course there are many exceptions, but some singers are just famous for their looks. This might also apply to Kpop, but if a Kpop artist debuts in one of the bigger companies, they are most likely to have received years of training before they are being put on stage.
And many Cpop artists end up with only acting in the end, I don't know why, but many start out with singing or being an idol and then when they are a bit more famous, they change to acting.
But there are still famous Chinese singers like JJ Lin Jun Jie, Jay Chou, Wang Lee Hom etc.

choyote
5yr ago
3,147 jpops
permalink There are too many TV programs in Taiwan, so it's hard for new artists to be known.
And we have no program like "music bank" or "music station" let the singers to be heard.
If your singing are not talented or your voice are not special, acting is a good way to be well known and be popular.
There still have good and pop "singers" in Taiwan or China, but they didn't act any dramas or sing any drama's songs, so they are not well known by foreigners.
Jay Chou, A-mei, Mayday, Sodagreen, Jolin etc. are pop singers in Taiwan.
A-fu, Jess Lee, A-lin, Jam Hsiao, Crowd Lu etc. are also popular these years.
In fact, indie music are increase because of Desert Chang, Cheer Chen, Sodagreen.
For Taiwanese, idols are just for teenagers.
So the companies didn't ask these idols to sing well or dance well.
If you are good at singing, you'll be an solo singer not an idol.
You can't find many great Cpop "singers" from dramas, that's why Fahrenheit, Lollipop F are not that pop in Taiwan but pop for foreigners.
I think the most different thing between Kpop and Cpop is "Korean love idol groups and Taiwanese love song-writer singers".

LyrreChelle
5yr ago
5,075 jpops
permalink in our country, they don't like c-pop because of the impacts on the issue of racist dominant..not all but its what i noticed to those on my generations..especially when they find a drama that we FILIPINOS are slaves..what is that??? sometimes, gaining fans is also gaining respect..which means you're showing respect to others too ^^

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
41,247 jpops
permalink cause jpop and that horrible thing people call kpop is on the rise.. for be jrock is at the top of my asian music.. but as far as the pop goes.. cpop is the top for me^^ then jpop and nearly all kpop is just bleehhhhh

Qu4Lia
5yr ago
31,463 jpops
permalink idk much about cpop or jpop.... but i used to listen to old cpop songs and slowly i left that and never listen to since i thou it's become more ridiculous... sory if i said may hurt some ppl... :) :) it's juz my opinion...

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
41,247 jpops
permalink cause F*cking kpop is taking over :angry:

JessieJay
5yr ago
14,759 jpops
permalink In my opinion I don't think Cpop's popularity is decreasing. It's just that Cpop has never really been ultra popular or at least since I've been into Asian music. Up till now Jpop(including the sub genres) in general were leading the Asian music scene for decades. Now, Kpop has almost completely over shadowed Jpop. As much as I like Cpop it really didn't and doesn't stand a chance against the Hallyu wave. Plus Kpop out of all the Asian music genres actually has made it their mission to break into the western music markets. Cpop and Jpop is geared more towards their population. So those are my 2cents on the topic.

KARAlex88
5yr ago
13,395 jpops
permalink i really have no idea

LyrreChelle
5yr ago
5,075 jpops
permalink maybe coz kpop is mostly viewed in our country

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
41,247 jpops
permalink cause of that dreaded k-pop!!!!

dazzy2013shaffen
5yr ago
432 jpops
permalink maybe lack of advertisements from the company

DimpleBeanie
5yr ago
1,586 jpops
permalink I feel that it's not C-pop that's decreasing, it's more like Jpop.
I still remember at one point of time, everyone's like JPOP JPOP JPOP.
Ayumi ayumi ayumi. Now's Kpop, kpop, kpop. :/

1crazy4drama
5yr ago
29,315 jpops
permalink Lack of advertising~~

DeviLAngeL
5yr ago
4,729 jpops
permalink not interesting at all

marcx
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink the genre of music

vocaloid12
3yr ago
208 jpops
permalink Jpop used to be one of the most popular and now it's kpop i'm not really a cpop fan but perhaps the lack in advertisement.

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink Well I could say that because of K-pop popularity. Also I do agree that Mainland China don't push pop music globally compared to their Korean counterpart, and also factor in Chinese music doesn't sound as good as their K-pop counterpart. I mean it's no surprise that K-pop fans don't branch out to other Asian pops (yes, that include J-pop). However, I do see K-pop fans slowly branching out to Taiwanese music despite the music doesn't have the same appeal as Kpop nor J-pop. I think this might be because of the popularity of Taiwanese dramas, I mean read this article from LA Times. Also I think because of the collaboration with K-pop and Taiwanese one like for example:

I think that could be the reason why K-pop fans are slowly branching out to Taiwanese music.

Back  |  Forums    C-Pop central    Why did C-pop's popularity decrease?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service