Which artists disappointed you or surprised you in a positive way?

56 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by meguru7an  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    Which artists disappointed you or surprised you in a positive way?

meguru7an
6yr ago
12,729 jpops
permalink I know this may be a bit similar to some topics but I was itching to ask you guys who are the bands/artists that most disappointed you and who surprised you for the better and why?

For me the band who most disappointed me so far were Girugamesh. Ever since they released their Go album I just couldn't make myself listen to them anymore, as if it's a totally different band from the one I used to like. And the visual style didn't add any. And to be honest I don't think they justify their fame. But of course to everybody their own.

Whereas the ones who positively surprised me were Golden Bomber. It took me a while to check them out but after I did the music just blew me away, in every sense, lol. Now I love these guys even though sometimes they are just too crazy :D

Ishin
6yr ago
372 jpops
permalink I am disappointed of The Micro Head 4n's vocalist, Ricky. I was expecting a lot of skills from him since, come on, he is in a band with Tsukasa and Zero... but when I first heard him, I was sure that I won't be able to listen to his voice and this is true... I am positively surprised by Buck-Tick's new album, yume miru uchuu.

meguru7an
6yr ago
12,729 jpops
permalink I never really listened to them or any of the members' project after D'espairsray disbanded.

Nightgaze
6yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink A band that disappointed me is Dir en Gray because there is so much hype around them and I've tried to listen to them on many occassions and I just dont like any of their songs which is disappointing because I thought I'd like them as much as everyone else seems to :o
Many bands have surprised me but there are two that I feel are worth noting: The first is lynch. because the way I found them was by randomly clicking on videos on youtube and I know a lot of people do that but I really didnt expect to fall in love with a band that I found that way :o The second is D because I had a long list of bands and I thought D was gonna be one of those bands that was good but nothing special until I listened to them and was completely blown away by their awesomeness which was very surprising for me :D

meguru7an
6yr ago
12,729 jpops
permalink I feel exactly the same about Dir En Grey! A couple of years ago when I first heard them I kinda liked their songs with all their wildness, but the more I heard and saw, and the more I picked their themes and lyrics the more disgusted I felt. Especially by the fact that they used Nazi swastika. I couldn't accept that no matter why they did it. I still think their sound is amazing and I do like some of their mellower songs but for the most part I'm ignoring them.

As for Lynch. they kinda got boring for me because I just don't see any difference from their earlier music. I do like songs similar to Adore though, I wish they made another video in that style. It was so cool ♥

And D is also a major disappointment for me because I just don't see them doing anything interesting. It's just same old same old every time. Maybe if they stepped out of their image and the visual kei genre they could use their potential to the fullest... I'm no expert of course but this is what would do it for me. This is the major reason why I've been into MUCC so much these past five-six years *nod*

shadownights99
6yr ago
61,440 jpops
permalink The Kiddie is most disappointed for me coz the first pvs they had when nice & didn't have scary things but omost all they pvs dose now

& the most surprised is Shinko Shukyo Gakudan NoGoD coz they keep geting better & better

meguru7an
6yr ago
12,729 jpops
permalink When I first listened to the Kiddie I kinda liked them but in the end I didn't like any of their songs apart from the first three I heard, lol. I think some bands just should stick to what suits them most...

shinrei24
6yr ago
50 jpops
permalink i was also disappointed by the way dir en grey went, other than that ive been disappointed by the lack of new music released by merry. overall ive been satisfied, and have been posetively suprised by nega's releases this year

meguru7an
6yr ago
12,729 jpops
permalink It seems like most bands are facing the same issue, at least as far as we (the audience) are concerned :p

Hannahia
6yr ago
11,550 jpops
permalink Disappointed?.. I can't say I've met a band, what has disappointed me
There're some bands that surprised me in a positive way. Like ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D with their last album. And Miyavi. I didn't want to listen him for a long time, but when I've listened, I fell in love with some of songs, and it really surprised me in a positive way

LEECHrocket
6yr ago
1,275 jpops
permalink Yeah im actually really proud of miyavi. Its seems like ever since he left PSC he has been doing better and bigger things!

meguru7an
6yr ago
12,729 jpops
permalink I secnod that. Although I haven't really been interested in Miyavi's music I think the way he changed really commands respect. The way he learned English and started writing songs in that language especially impresses me. I was following him on twitter because of that.

On a positive note I also have to mention cali≠gari because I really enjoy listening to them the more I hear them. I never really bothered to do that properly until now because their image kinda turned me off but listening to them is so much fun, even though I don't know all the songs and lyrics, which I've been recently looking up. But I have to say that I like what I read and listened to so far, lol. And I recommend to give them a listen ♥

clearwater2012
5yr ago
40 jpops
permalink definitely miyavi...i am listening to his ballads and all of them surprises me coz its full of good thoughts...
and i remember wen he said he'll never get married but he's a proud daddy now of 2 beAutiful daughters that i think he really loves so much

BlackfireReiko15
5yr ago
87,026 jpops
permalink hmmm... no band has disappointed me yet and I hope no bands will make me upset haha xD Well the bands that surprised me in a positive way is The gazette first because wow all of their musi is very different from the rock that I've heard here in my country they are better you know :) and they can clearly sometimes speak in English xD and next is Alice Nine for being the awesome band that I've listened too haha ;) They have a way of their style then next is Nightmare haha their vocalist is so unique having a very deep voice xD then lastly Exist Trace because wow it's so unique having a band consist of female members and they proved that girls can rock too xD and they gave me hope that my dream is really possible haha xD

toki123
5yr ago
97 jpops
permalink Vistlip disappointed me and i was surprised to fall in love with 176BIZ

ekai
5yr ago
11,097 jpops
permalink cherryblossom.. i love that band but im dissapointed they disbanded already..

umi9wa
5yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Hehe I'm surprised my thread is still alive.

shadownights99
4yr ago
61,440 jpops
permalink to me SuG disappointed coz i used to really love them but now pretty all they pvs scared me so i just give up on them

Hazukikun
4yr ago
2,790 jpops
permalink well, girugamesh was good til the MUSIC era, but everything after MUSIC just disappointed me :/

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Same here :D

toki123
4yr ago
97 jpops
permalink Vistlip and The GazettE disappointed me

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Why is that?

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink I have to say that as a Lolita23q fan I am disappointed with all the boys, especially Ryosuke. To think that guy was making such awesome music in Lol and now this ridiculous thing? And Ban... Not to mention Sou.

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink "ridiculous thing" meaning WING WORKS .. ??

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Yes. I just can't.

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Glamorous Honey really grew on me after a few more listens, but whyy this hiatus? :( :(

angelorixx
4yr ago
411 jpops
permalink SuG...When they went on hiatus is 2012...then when they came back in 2013...that was one surprise concert!!

koto95
4yr ago
1,239 jpops
permalink the guitarist from the sketchbook suprised me! she goes hard! not just for a girl but a guitarist in general (this is coming from a guitarist too) really nice tone in alot of their songs and she shines in that band for me :)

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink AvelCain destroyed my expectations when they started, their songs found their way into my heart the way that I would expect from an established 5+ year old band...

Disappointments... more featuring long lasting bands, SuG.. and Nightmare

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink I have only listened to a few songs but I'm in love with Black Gene's vocalist's voice, it's gorgeous. That is when he actually sings lol.

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink Ice is a great singer

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Sorry but sqealing like a pig doesn't count as good vocals for me, no matter how legit it is. If he sings like he did in Hypicrite now that's another matter.

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink Uhm I was talking about clean vocals. Thought we were agreeing but I guess not.

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink Err what?? I thought singing without making any kind of other noises was clean vocals. Ok I rest my case.

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink What case...? That's what I'm talking about lmao, clean vocals..

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink Talk about disappointment.. Vivid...

XxGENESISxX
4yr ago
228,691 jpops
permalink Dir en Grey, there not 'that' good.

UVERworld disappointed me with Ø CHOIR. ALL of their previous albums were amazing and Ø CHOIR wasn't.

kanami1414
4yr ago
64,535 jpops
permalink The GazettE disappointed me.

NoboruYamada
4yr ago
13 jpops
permalink SuG supprised me in a postitive way! Their new summer song was very satisfying!

Nightgaze
4yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink Magistina Saga really impressed me! I never expected to love them like I do!

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink Deathgaze just surprised me again with the new album, much fresher than Creature

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink Not that Creature wasn't good, but this is much more outside the box for them.

Shir0
4yr ago
98 jpops
permalink AvelCains new single *~* the two new songs are beyond my expectations <3
but I hoped for more from the recorded version of shigeshou (which is one of my favourite songs by them) but all in all the single is GREAT ;D

umi9wa
4yr ago
9,010 jpops
permalink I already spoke about Gechena in another topic. I was actually referred to them by a friend, and at first I didn't like them much. But after some more listening I realized how amazing they were, and now I probably like them more than Aurora. I just wish they weren't so short-lived, much like any other project with Sora. I just want to sing nearly every song, haha :3

Check them out!
http://www.last.fm/music/gechena

Elazmus
4yr ago
1,584 jpops
permalink Comodo Dragon with their new PV

chelseynyan
4yr ago
1,950 jpops
permalink I KNOW RIGHT!!!!

Miki
4yr ago
2,654,775 jpops
permalink Taemin with his latest single "Danger". I knew it will be something good, because SHINee always get the good stuff to release. But it exceeded my expectations. Too good.

chelseynyan
4yr ago
1,950 jpops
permalink MEJIBRAY, keeps surprising me. RAVEN surprised me a lot and now they're gonna surprise me with シアトリカル・ブルーブラック (Theatrical Blue Black) . I MEAN THE PV SPOT, OMG LADY BONERRRR * ^ *

RoYaLHeresY
4yr ago
3,888 jpops
permalink Oh well D=out . I don't know Y .

lennielooloo
3yr ago
377 jpops
permalink When Versailles broke up i was really sad and disapointed but I know the reason why but it was still heart breaking

Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    Which artists disappointed you or surprised you in a positive way?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service