Whats the best thing about books?

116 posts  ·  created 8yr ago by Nightmare  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Whats the best thing about books?

Nightmare
8yr ago
910 jpops
permalink yes, why do you enjoy books so much? is it because you can make your own images of the persons, actions and surroundings, or maybe that you just want to get away from the world around you for an hour or maybe just a couple of minutes? or is it really just something as simple as wanting to get some peace and quiet?

I myself think i enjoy books so much because when i read a good book, it's impossible for me to get bored, and i consentrate so hard on the book that i don't notice anything around me, im totally absorbed in the story. and i often feel like i have a place to escape, you know, another world and life that i escape to whenever i feel like taking a little break from the real lifes stress and worries. and thats probobly why i love fantasy so much, because fantasy stories tell the tales of other worlds, where magic and all sorts of wonderful things is possible. and what i said before about making your own images, thats probobly the reason i often enjoy books so much more than movies. in movies,they show you what people look like, exaclty how thing happen and all the sounds and such, and leave nothing to my imagination. and thats me, i like to use my own fantasy to things like that.

wow. I didn't think i would be able to write this much about books, and stil i feel like i could write alot more if i didn't stop myself from scaring you all away with my writing!!! x]
now your turn =D[edit]Last edit by Nightmare on Tuesday 02 Mar, 2010 at 14:09 +1%[/edit]

sakurahinata23
8yr ago
839 jpops
permalink Hello! ^^ I think I enjoy books because I can escape from reality for a short while. I usually read to before going to sleep so half the time I'm absorbed into the book. I also appreciate the fact that it improves our imagination and it creates something similar to a film when we read, but we're the directors. Also, some ideas and concepts in books inspire me to write or create my own stories. In addition, I like how some books can really get you thinking either by discussing a controversial topic or by it being some sort of mystery where you have to predict the future events. I also like how books arouse certain emotions in us and reading can actually make me feel happier. yeah... I see what you mean now... lol I wrote a lot more than I normally would.

KiraOjou
8yr ago
1,567 jpops
permalink by reading i escaped from the hell of my reality. they were my comfort, made my dreams fly...made everything better. various stories that i could sink into...
i do that still. tho i've added anime to help with it.
basically everything is always better or worse in a fictional story. it means that you can always console yourself by thinking how it could be far worse or forget the bad stuff and sink into the positive fairy tale.

lakotarei
8yr ago
351 jpops
permalink i love books. Its almost like you can be that character yourself and just not worry about anything at that peaceful moment. Plus they better your vocabulary and take you through so many emotions, adventures,feelings. It's an adrenlin rush at times when you get caught up in the climax of the story.

TSUk3k0
8yr ago
400 jpops
permalink ONE WORD: IMAGINATIONLAND....BOOKS CAN TAKE UR MIND OFF THINGS PLUS WEN UR READIN U CAN PUT URSELF N2 THE BOOK (THATS WAT I LIKE DOIN) I MYSELF LIKE READIN DRAMA AND SCARY BOOKS SO ITS FUN USIN MY IMAGINATION PUTTIN MYSELF N2 THAT SITUATION

Konanina
8yr ago
15,734 jpops

I enjoy reading books with mystery/romance/agony, that have great plot and characters in it. I prefer series if possible so the story can last. It feels great to be a part of a beautiful/interesting story and get away of reality for the time you read. I've noticed that i actually wished some book characters to be alive in our world, cuz their personalities and actions used to bring me joy. And also books can send you to a fiction world to live things you will never be able to in this one we're living in.
I am happy and thankful to those people who have the imagination and the patience to create books and novels and stuff.
That was a nice topic!
:jangel:

yasoshlasuma
8yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink i dont really read that much anymore, but when i actually get right into a book, it takes me to another world... i could sail on a ship full of vampires or become a witch for a lil while b4 some one or something pulled me back into reality, thats wat i love about books. they let my imagination explore itself and create whole new worlds or creatures in my mind.

jkc1096
8yr ago
13,627 jpops
permalink I also enjoy reading books.
Books can maximize our imagination. We can wander from different places through different dimensions. We can travel anywhere the book would lead us.
It can also give us informative knowledge that would be useful for the future.
But the best thing about books were the ones who made the story or the article; the authors. Without the authors no book will exist because they are the ones who created the very meaning or the very core of the story.

GDrag
8yr ago
406 jpops
permalink reading is my passion :RBheart:
i read every chance i get .. books are precious to me since they're educational and entertaining at the same time :)

by reading, you not only "read" per se but you also get to use your imagination .. picture out the events as described in the book .. and you can be as detailed as possible *grins*
>>that's one of the majors why I get disappointed in book-based movies most of the time .. they're usually a far cry from my own version of the "movie" inside my head <<
Once i get a hold of a book, expect me to be in my personal lala land LOL
really! I get so immersed in it that i often do not notice the things around me.. if i have a book in hand, it becomes my worLd :RBheart:

reincheira
8yr ago
1,046 jpops
permalink i really learn a lot from them.. not just those school books though.. LOL

GDrag
8yr ago
406 jpops
permalink ^LOL
yep! school books are boring .. wonder why that is .. haha! ;)

gregyx
8yr ago
254 jpops
permalink This topic gave me a better view of reading :)

eyramhaye
8yr ago
10,657 jpops
permalink I love books for various reasons. It helps me escape boredom and helps me improve my imagination. I really love reading stories which have vivid description of things, it makes me want to draw the stuff being described.

Apart from the psychological effect that reading has on me, it also helps in my education. Every time I open a new book, I get to read several different words that baffle me so much that I sometimes have to have a dictionary beside me in order for me to understand what I'm reading. :D ..hahah...

ceemvee
8yr ago
88,168 jpops
Books... a magical thing they are. Like many of the people that have posted before, I love to read & I love to do so for many obivous reasons.

For one, I love how feeds into my imagination. That probably sounds weird.. so let me explain. Personally, I have a very over active imagination... like it has a mind of it's own :RBconfused: Books (the stories, the characters, the places, everything within that hardcover or paperback binding serves as food for my crazy ever so wondering mind. I supposed you could say it's like a guideline. It makes it so everything is organized, but allows me to transform & manipulate, over exaggerate, simplify and/or visualize everything down to the smallest detail.

That feeling you get when reading a really great book that compeletely captivates you is so priceless :RBhalo:

*wonders off into my own little world* :RBblush:

kahlan
8yr ago
6,014 jpops
permalink books fire the imagination of the reader... the book, the content, the story, the words, may belong to someone else, but when YOU start reading it, you start to have a relationship with it. The book takes you on a journey, a journey of the authors devising, and yet as you read it you travel another road simultaneously, a journey of emotions, feelings and thoughts The book reveals as much as the author wants to reveal, and it speaks to a deeper part of you too, and reveals to you the things that you feel, and think. The reader interprets text in different ways, one reader to another will read the same book and may leave it with different messages and thoughts. And as you read, what you read earlier affects how you interpret what foolows, and if you re-read a book, you may interpret it differently yet again, or read something you missed the first time round because maybe you were too caught up in the story. Books are great, reading is a wonderful thing to do, it makes you think so much more, you the reader are integral to giving the words life.

princecharming8
8yr ago
792 jpops
permalink I love books because it is much easier and more enjoyable than reading ebooks.
I love books cause I can memo it with my own handwriting..
I like folding the page I wanna check out later...

akaiaki
8yr ago
1,296 jpops
permalink escapism. make time go by faster. if they are really good, and they are long, it's a great feeling. i think they also teach you things about life, things you might not have thought about or exposed to if you hadn't read about it, fiction or nonfiction.

ZaynabAsmal
8yr ago
871 jpops
Quote by KiraOjou
by reading i escaped from the hell of my reality. they were my comfort, made my dreams fly...made everything better. various stories that i could sink into...
i do that still. tho i've added anime to help with it.
basically everything is always better or worse in a fictional story. it means that you can always console yourself by thinking how it could be far worse or forget the bad stuff and sink into the positive fairy tale.

I agree with you. Life is hell - so I escape. Books, poetry, music and anime. Those are my lifelines.

But I love books also because of the different view points, the exotic feels, the emotions and passions. The imagination can run wild when you read and to me there's nothing better.

HydeQuarter
8yr ago
42,084 jpops
permalink i can escape from the reality. when i get absorbed into the story world, i will be so obsessed that i will put myself in the shoe of the main character. and i hope that the world around me will be the same thing as in the story. lol..
and there is lots of room for imagination, on how the characters would look like, the scenery.
i like the feel of holding the book to read and the smell of it. it is better than reading ebook. cuz when ur phone is out of battery, at least u still haf a physical book wif u to read.lol.

Chaddddd
8yr ago
328 jpops
permalink The best thing about books has to be: When it takes you to a whole different place.
I love books. =] Especially fiction ones.
They take you to a different world.
Sometimes they make you wish you were in that world also.
When I first read Charlie in the Chocolate Factory, I wished I was there for so long. XD
And Alice in Wonderland is good too.
just don't piss off the queen. XD
But yeah. Books are awesome because they take you away from your world into another

keitosan
7yr ago
7,906 jpops
permalink The best things about books? that has to be the alternate worlds.
It's awesome how books get to drag you into the journey of countless characters as they survive through their journeys in life. How each protagonist deals with problems and how each villain tries to succeed in their schemes.

Whether it's a suspense/thriller/horror book where you delve into the their world, the tense heavy atmosphere, the screams, the blood, and the mystery erases all forms of human reality; or a romance/fantasy/sci-fi book where the world turns upside down and inside out with all the love, the lasers, the robots, the fairies, the satyrs and all that stuff.

It's those worlds that you can only find in books that make books awesome. :RBhot:

recklessprincess
7yr ago
208 jpops
permalink I feel like I'm being sucked into a new world. I feel like I'm the character in the story. I feel that everything is so real! I feel bliss every time I finish reading a book. I feel relaxed, calm etc. No words can express the bliss I experience every time I get sucked into the world of fiction that I read. ( I read mostly fiction ones. :P )

Yuffinara
7yr ago
2,566 jpops
permalink For me; it's when you find your favorite part. You don't have press the "previous chapter" or "forward" button. You just want to reread the paragraph .^.

GlazeBeats
7yr ago
21,533 jpops
permalink Well reading books is only limited to our imagination so in my opinion thats the best part. But thats also a draw back. Like reading Harry Potter before and after the movie was released. I cant imagine Harry looking like anything or anyone else other than Daniel Radcliffe. Thats also why I prefer to read a book first and then watch its movie(if there is one) to see how the director imagines the scene to be like. :)

Zeeppo
7yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink If you are reading a rather large book you can throw it at people that are bothering you in your coffee shop.

Currently there is a mime in the coffee shop that I am in and if they get any closer they are going to get a Janet Evanocik novel right in the kisser.

shadownights99
7yr ago
61,440 jpops
permalink a mime in a coffee shop???

i like useing imagination makeing what the characters & stuff looks like & reading at night when its nice & quiet with my kitty

Zeeppo
7yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I would like to read a book but my kitty is sleeping on it.

shadownights99
7yr ago
61,440 jpops
permalink aaaawwww how cute

ostracizedmindpollution
6yr ago
63 jpops
permalink Books can take you places
Books are a safe place
I love them. :)

Tomagotchi
6yr ago
34,274 jpops
permalink hmmm its easier to explain if i compare it like this

manga scans VS manga ... i prefer and will only read manga from books ... cause its good to actually be holding it and reading it in your hands in front of you ... i also like books cause they help pass the time during travel :)

raizenstclaire
6yr ago
18 jpops
permalink I love books because what you take from them and what you envision as you read them is uniquely your own and is relevant to who you really are. There's no set image or message like in t.v. or movies. You are free to shape things any way you wish and to get lost in your own world.

himitsu05
6yr ago
3,294 jpops
permalink Books take you to a whole new different world :)
Gets your imagination working, and basically you can learn a lot from it~! But textbooks are an exception to me >w< My mind shuts, so I can no longer comprehend when it's in front of me :P

Aniet
6yr ago
298 jpops
permalink best thing is that they make you imginar and see things from a point of view of creativity maxima. you feel everything you feel the characters and yourself you become another character of the story. why I love to read.

Zeeppo
6yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I always enjoys the tactile sensation of books. You can basically get all the classic free on the internet these days. Still, there is something special about sitting down with a leather bound book on a cold winters night and reading about huck Finn or the Time Machine.

IamWhoIam
6yr ago
624 jpops
permalink i love to read (manga or novel) cause i could get some peaceful time in an another world. for me, books cheer me up when i am sad or bored
like what you guys said, escape from the reality for a while :P

lclsurfer
6yr ago
1,987 jpops
permalink The Imagination. I can imagine all the characters and settings. Sometimes I place myself in the main character's shoes and imagine myself facing challenges and it excites me!

annatheresidofMii
6yr ago
209 jpops
permalink favorite past time - reading books.
Although I'm really picky which books to read I have the tendency to finish the book right away. I have this eagerness to know the story right away.
I'm always amazed with authors.. It's not easy to create a good/unique plot with original characters that people would appreciate.
Like music..it also inspires and inform us.

GazeRockerGirl
6yr ago
2,463 jpops
permalink Personally books are an escape to me. I would rather be lost in a world of fiction where everything seperates me from the outside word. Its a nice break from normal life :D

Lylo
6yr ago
15,895 jpops
permalink When reality becomes too much,a cup of green tea and a good book makes it all go away. Moments later,when the chapter or three are finished,reality doesn't seem so hectic.

Zeeppo
6yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink They still work when the power goes out

Skuld
6yr ago
35,216 jpops
permalink The Hard Cover....coz you can throw it to you enemy with ease...lol

xautumnxrain13x
6yr ago
673 jpops
permalink it serves as my little my escape from the world
and i can image the characters like i want them to be :3

OLA
6yr ago
54,683 jpops
permalink i think the same~ the best in book is that you can be in different world, be like the character, you can read wherever you want and you can imagine everything like you want :)

Topazio
6yr ago
31,857 jpops
permalink It just teleports you to another dimension, its awesome ;)

cherryxxx
6yr ago
42 jpops
permalink I love everything about books... The smell of paper, the cover, the letters... The way they play with your emotions...

KawaiiGirl1004
6yr ago
23,247 jpops
permalink For me is that when you read them they led you to another world, is like you are so much into the story that you become one of the characters, if not the main, and is like when you stop reading it always keep you in there and sometimes i cannot distinguished from real to not-real, so that's why i love books. :)

IamWhoIam
6yr ago
624 jpops
permalink You can imagine the world and the character!
sometimes it feels like you are in a different place at the same time :D books just suck you into their world
And i'm always lost track of time when i am reading and occasionally when i am paying too much attention to the book, i dream about it LOL
it's just awesome

catherineramos
6yr ago
3,215 jpops
permalink I can't describe it xD reading books is awesome~ When I read books, I kinda go into a trance, and I won't stop until I finish it :D

darksama
6yr ago
825,818 jpops
permalink words and quotes... :D

NicoleCoelho
6yr ago
129,221 jpops
permalink The books provide to the reader imagine. They can bring to a world of fantasy and fantastical things, where the person can be everything that she wants. And the reader can interpret and imagine the characters and situations as he wants.

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Whats the best thing about books?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service