What was the very first japanese word/phrase you learned?

572 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by Saiku  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Languages    What was the very first japanese word/phrase you learned?

Saiku
9yr ago
7,775 jpops
permalink Mine was actually "dai suki dayo" :RBblush: !!! I still remember 'cuz I was watching the anime adaptation of Ichigo 100% :RBohNo:

anyone else care to share their funny/strange/cool stories??? :RBhalo:

kai09
9yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink i don't really remember what word i first learned...maybe the most basic one like aishiteiru or ohayou..

ahh maybe konnichiwa XD

jpop4eva
9yr ago
1,173 jpops
permalink umm i think it was ohayou gozimasu. or arigatou gozimasu. i can't remember which :noo:

kateeee0000
9yr ago
971 jpops
permalink hmmmnnnn.. arigatou gozaimasu..my dad always said that at one time he went home.. he's been travelling..
then,i think its all basic words..
hai, ohayo, arigatou, sayonara, gomenasai, onegaishimasu, itadakimasu, sumimesen...
and up to now, i'm still trying to learn.. it's really hard coz i still have tons of things to study so i really have no time to learn.. but after my board exam, i'll probably have some private lessons..i really want to learn how to speak japanese.. its a very fascinating language.. :D

julijuli146
9yr ago
145 jpops
permalink This was when I loved those baby programmes and when I was a toddler and my first word was anpanman and I still love anpanman since little. By the way anpanman was in the guiness books of records.

giran
9yr ago
55,837 jpops
permalink I can't remmember at all..
maybe arigatou gozaimasu or aishiteru

elenko94
9yr ago
2,065,759 jpops
permalink Sayonara, from a game, the first part of the game were in Japan
and
Gomenasai

i think...

amazn12
9yr ago
11,296 jpops
permalink uhmmm...i don't really remember...but it was probably either ohayou gozimasu or sayonara...u kno the basics...

that was like a loooong time ago...when i wasn't that into asian stuff mostly cuz i didn't kno there was jpop :P

cake321
9yr ago
874 jpops
permalink Umm...oh gosh. I don't think I can remember... :RBcrying: Uhh...maybe it could've been :confused: I know its not hello. Could be sorry...or goodbye! That could've been it! :confused: Yeah! It was sorry! I'm sure it was sorry!! :boogie: Woo hoo! I know it! Its sorry!

HaruHaruka
9yr ago
795 jpops
permalink Konichi wa and Moshi Moshi~! :)

Kokoniiruzee
9yr ago
2,607 jpops
permalink Probably 'baka' or 'kawaii' :)

Rururoro666
9yr ago
356 jpops
permalink My fav phrase is definately Moshi moshi!!!! :D Iv just loved the way it sounded ever since i heard someone say it on one of the many animes that i watch :RBhalo:

SimplyStrange
9yr ago
284 jpops
permalink Sayonara, Konnichiwa, and Hai are the three words I just picked up when I was in elementary school, but the first one my friend taught me when he started taking Japanese was Oishii :)

Saiku
9yr ago
7,775 jpops
Quote by kateeee0000
hmmmnnnn.. arigatou gozaimasu..my dad always said that at one time he went home.. he's been travelling..
then,i think its all basic words..
hai, ohayo, arigatou, sayonara, gomenasai, onegaishimasu, itadakimasu, sumimesen...
and up to now, i'm still trying to learn.. it's really hard coz i still have tons of things to study so i really have no time to learn.. but after my board exam, i'll probably have some private lessons..i really want to learn how to speak japanese.. its a very fascinating language.. :D

YES! I know EXACTLY what you mean. Plus, now that college is starting, it's gonna be a heck of a lot harder to find the time to study Japanese :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: .
I don't know what it is about Japanese but it just fascinates me!!! :RBheart: maybe it's the formality of it???

Saiku
9yr ago
7,775 jpops
Quote by Kokoniiruzee
Probably 'baka' or 'kawaii' :)

LMAO "baka"
yeah, for some reason the curse words are the ones that get stuck in one's head easily >.<

ljPaintbox
9yr ago
167 jpops
permalink japane students went to visit our school,I was 10 that time. That's when I learned to say arigato and sayonara. :)

AsianFreak
9yr ago
579 jpops
permalink The first word i remember learning was "Baka"

momo84
9yr ago
147 jpops
permalink Humm that was a very long time ago I can't really remember..
Maybe "Arigatou" or "Ohayou" (I think from D.N.Angel)
Or is it "Kawaii" from Full Moon wo Sagashite
"Hai" as in Yes! but does that count..? Oh well

Eunna
9yr ago
278 jpops
permalink I think that would be Ottanjoubi Ommedettou. Thanks to the World Almanac. XD

missnice
9yr ago
470 jpops
permalink Mine was "hai" i think. ^^

babybow
9yr ago
272 jpops
permalink Kawaii.

EscapeYourFate
9yr ago
328 jpops
permalink The first one I learned was Nihongo o.O which is Japanese in well.. Japanese. xD

KuroTenshi
9yr ago
235 jpops
permalink konichiwa! :D only thing i could for a long time till i started to watch anime lolz
its because i live in belgium and most people here say konichiwa or ni hao for fun whenever they see a chinese or japanese and they don't see the diffirence between them so they mix up and sometimes take me for a japanese ^^

Sesshou
9yr ago
323,942 jpops
permalink I think it was "kawaii". I remember that I started to use it at forums and I said all cute things like that.

nyappyxgoxmimi
9yr ago
16,895 jpops
permalink Konnichiwa. LOL. :RBstickout:

Lhoisheeky
9yr ago
19,139 jpops
permalink ,'to me "domo arigato gasumazu, konichiwa,ganbatte mina and ogenki desu ka??

,'thats the first

keanne01
9yr ago
3,588 jpops
permalink the first word was..
i think..

kawaii~ :D

ParasiteJely
9yr ago
4,605 jpops
permalink I guess it was Konnichiwa, oyasumi or kieroXD
but I'm not really surexD It also could be Sayonara: )

hinata1990
9yr ago
2,304 jpops
permalink I think it was 'Sumimasen', 'Konnichiwa', 'sayounara', 'o-namae wa nan desu ka', 'nansai desu ka', 'kawaii', 'doko kara kimashita ka'
and few words I have learnt.

Kyomutentan
9yr ago
324 jpops
permalink My first word was "arigatou" when I was 9, though at the time I didn't even know it's japanese. And then I learned "hai", "daijyoubu" and "baka".

karisuma
9yr ago
266 jpops
permalink sayonara. i saw it on our book when i was in s kindergarten school

mamiko
9yr ago
762 jpops
permalink When I was a small child I would always say "dakko-dakko" to my parents and grandparents when I wanted to be carried. It is more of a casual Japanese word and to my knowledge, a lot of the nikkeijin children use it in Hawaii. When I would cry for no reason or to get my way, my parents would tell me that I was being "HABUTERU" or stubborn. HABUTERU is more of a dilect/regional word from Hiroshima. A majority of my family came from Hiroshima so a lot of the Japanese that is spoken is not formal Japanese... :RBfrown:

BlitZeD93
9yr ago
9,690 jpops
permalink Baka :D

FF4
9yr ago
2,017 jpops
permalink I can't say my first phrase, it's got the mother of all swears. XD

Redemption
9yr ago
83 jpops
permalink the first japanese phrase i leanred is kawai desu ne!!

MioOochan
9yr ago
177 jpops
permalink Ahm..one of these words xD
kawaii,aishiteiru,sayonara or arigato

I think it's sayonara and then arigato =3

Valyncier
9yr ago
180 jpops
permalink The first japanese word I learnt was 'urusei!' :D

marga
9yr ago
6,108 jpops
permalink hmmm..
aside from aishiteru, arigato and kampay...
i think it was "nande" XD
as far as i can remember, shigeru of handan was the one who said that phrase and i found it cute XD
so i tried to research about it and voila!
hahaha..
a new survival japanese word to use XD

Shikakawaii
9yr ago
90 jpops
permalink mine was watashi wa ju-san sai desu ^.^

and my second was watashi wa shika ga daisuki desu :RBhalo:

cause im totally into deers :totallylove:

wootwootxD
9yr ago
4,103 jpops
permalink i think it was konnichiwa :)
..bt then there was also nande,nani,itadakimasu,baka,urusai,hai,sensei,moshi moshi!
i remember i would always answer the phone saying moshi moshi :)

FrahYagami
9yr ago
108 jpops
permalink The numbers and names of judo techniques (of course also the meanings)
However, could be another... I started practicing judo since I was a year and a half, I forgot :laugh:

korinniki
9yr ago
90 jpops
permalink the first japanese word i knew and most probably my favorite japanese word ever is TOMODACHI..i cried when i knew the meaning of the word..'cause im a friend centered person and i love my friends..

NYCgirl
9yr ago
2,284 jpops
permalink hwhehe :laugh:
the first Japanese word I have learned was "kawaii" [cute]... :)

rUkahiMe
9yr ago
1,996 jpops
permalink the first word that i learned in the japanese language is "aRigatou gozaimasu" i think?... ^^ ^^ ^^

its when i heard my dad talking with grandpa when i was 8 years old... :STsmile: :STsmile: :STsmile: :STsmile:

PERFUMEfanEmmie
9yr ago
364 jpops
permalink It feels like I was born knowing what Sayonara meant :laugh:

12karenonpumai2
9yr ago
199 jpops
permalink Well, i think it's "hai" and "iie". I'm so curious about the Iie word because at first I thought it means yes but no!!![/size][edit]Last edit by 12karenonpumai2 on Tuesday 01 Dec, 2009 at 04:42 -97.2%[/edit][edit]Last edit by 12karenonpumai2 on Tuesday 01 Dec, 2009 at 04:41 -91.2%[/edit][edit]Last edit by 12karenonpumai2 on Tuesday 01 Dec, 2009 at 04:40 +2.9%[/edit]

eunicevistal
9yr ago
523 jpops
permalink ohh i cann't remember.. but i think it's the basic..

arigatou..
moshi-moshi
&
koneechiwa

hmm...

now i looking for japanese lesson..(if i have time!!)
'cos i want to learn more nihongo..
right now my onii-chan bought a cd that i can learn nohongo.. !!
and also i want there KANJI.. its so kawaii!!..

ninetynine99
9yr ago
436 jpops
permalink mines a bad word.. :RBhot:
konero and bakero, :RBhot:
i guess its funny to know that even other languages has bad word.. hihi :RBhot:

[edit]Last edit by ninetynine99 on Thursday 03 Dec, 2009 at 19:12 +5.4%[/edit]

HimeMarie
9yr ago
375 jpops
permalink Mine was Usagi, which means Bunny! :) かわいですね~!

eimiamy
9yr ago
732 jpops
permalink Ichi= 1 :3

Back  |  Forums    Languages    What was the very first japanese word/phrase you learned?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service