What type of J-rock music do you usually listen to?

102 posts  ·  created 7yr ago by Asuka07  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    What type of J-rock music do you usually listen to?

Asuka07
7yr ago
2,781 jpops
permalink What type of J-rock music do you usually listen to?

Visual Kei,Rock,Metal,Death Metal,Clean, etc.?

haruyuki
7yr ago
731 jpops
permalink I usually listen to Visual Kei,Rock and Oshare Kei ;)

Natsukii
7yr ago
4,162 jpops
permalink Me too ^_^

Mauru23
7yr ago
3,084 jpops
permalink Edit: Taking into consideration what JustIronic says, I listen to lots of VK artists, but as for the music style, I listen to everything except stuff that's waaaaaaay too poppy or too rough. Can't really explain it X[

Chi1992
7yr ago
1,166 jpops
permalink I like only 1 or two songs from VK I think xP I like listening to metal, rock, rock'n roll :D

xxNATSUXx
7yr ago
869 jpops
permalink i mostly listen to Visual Kei!XD

JustIronic
7yr ago
1,074 jpops
permalink Guys, there are many genres within Visual kei, what defines vk is the clothes.. /:

I mainly listen to harder kinds of rock, I absolutely love screams like those Mikaru in Dio does, or those on UnsraW's Spiral Circle CD. God, that's my passion. Also fast drums makes my heart beat at that same speed.

But I listen to less hard things as well, I mean, just listen to Kaya, he's so far from rock it's not even funny. But I love it, and he's still a visual kei artist. ♥
Also uchu sentai NOIZ is a band that isn't hard, but they're my top listened band. So amazing, and they're mainly more pop-rock-ish. Love it.

utadafreak22
7yr ago
74,266 jpops
permalink i guess alternative rock.

misathesakura
7yr ago
121 jpops
permalink i like alot, so what i listen to depens alot on my mood. if i am in a more happy mood (or if I "desperately" want to be) i uasally listen to bands with a more happy and energetic sound. and of course the opposite when im feeling sad or feel like i just wanna stare in the wall and feel sorry for myself xD
but i guess its like that for the most people xD

SayoriNyam
7yr ago
259 jpops
permalink Just to get this said Visual Kei itself is not a music genre. It's only a Style and Visual Kei Bands are called Visual Kei Bands because of the style they wear. I admit that the music of Visual Kei wearing Bands often seems different than non-visual kei j-rock bands' music... So it's fine if you say you listen to mostly Visual Kei bands. But please don't say you listen to VK T---T... < 3
So :3

I think I mainly listen to this Rock~/~Nu Metal-like J-Rock xD...

Nikex123
7yr ago
3,476 jpops
permalink Mostly Rock and Metal :)

Heckran
7yr ago
24 jpops
permalink Almost entirely visual kei bands, but not really specific. I like from Oshare Kei to Nagoya Kei and everything in between.

BanKai2011
7yr ago
179 jpops
permalink All sorts (no sub-genre restrictions), as long as they sound good to me.

DeadSchoolScreaming
7yr ago
178 jpops
permalink Probably the darker, more metal side of J-Rock. But I also love Oshare and Visual Kei~ c:

KTchan
7yr ago
75 jpops
permalink I like all types ^^

ZephieDoLL
7yr ago
76 jpops
permalink Visual Kei, Metal and Oshare are my favorites. but yeah, i like pretty much any Jrock.

Anjyuish
7yr ago
82 jpops
permalink V-kei, oshare -kei, and indies *o*

NakedPledge
7yr ago
472 jpops
permalink Neo Classical, Hard Rock -- Genres in line with the GazettE and Versailles. I also listen to Jrock that sounds like the tune of L'arc. :)

sakura95
7yr ago
1,034 jpops
permalink Visual Kei and Oshare Kei.!!!!!!!!

gaijing
7yr ago
2,033 jpops
permalink Visual Kei and Oshare Kei. As well as just some regular Rock. I guess alternative. Gahhhhh, IDK! Just not screamo.

jantoness
7yr ago
1,534 jpops
permalink Oh wow I don't know, a lot of visual kei and heavier stuff like Dir en Grey I guess, Kyo's screams just make me, unnnfff, they are amazing. I also listen to power/neo-classical metal which is quite common in j-rock, like Versailles, Galneryus, Ark Storm, Skywings, Lightbringer there are lots :D

humichan
7yr ago
10,746 jpops
permalink i listen to visual kei !! <3

Vitalrose
7yr ago
59,705 jpops
permalink visual kei and post jrock

pinktopaz
6yr ago
1,782 jpops
permalink I listen to Visual Kei and Oshare Kei. :)

Nightgaze
6yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink Visual Kei

alienfist
6yr ago
202 jpops
permalink Visual kei

OshareKeiLover
6yr ago
180,683 jpops
permalink Visual Kei, Regular Rock, Rock/Metal

SmilidonRed
6yr ago
18,831 jpops
permalink mostly i listening vk and rock :)

AliceUsagi
6yr ago
1,410 jpops
permalink eroguro kei...
nagoya kei...

Hannahia
6yr ago
11,550 jpops
permalink Rock, Yokai Heavy Metal, Angura Kei, Indie, Alternative, Punk

GraciiL
6yr ago
594 jpops
permalink hmmm well VK but then also the lighter stuff
so like The Gazette An Cafe Dir en Grey Girugamesh Zoro then Asian Kung-Fu Generation and Orange Range (although some dont think Orang Range is rock it is classified as jrock)

lheijhoy
6yr ago
5,935 jpops
permalink the GazettE's music.. :D

mizeru
6yr ago
25,553 jpops
permalink Angura, eroguro and piko piko kei gotta be my favorites. ♥

nicomyan
6yr ago
349 jpops
permalink Post-punk, Garage....The Mods

Nightgaze
6yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink I listen to a wide array of Jrock from upbeat to chill to metal to heavy rock :D (Pretty much all VK though~ :D)

dressoftheskin
6yr ago
4,290 jpops
permalink I mostly listen to VK, but I also listen to softer Jrock as well~ ^^
I love listening to ScReW, NEGA, the GazettE, BORN, Alice Nine., lynch., Deathgaze
And for the softer
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, Orange Range, Plastic Tree, L'arc~en~Ciel, HYDE, Mr. Children, Ikimonogakari, Oreskaband and so on and so forth. ^^"

meguru7an
6yr ago
12,729 jpops
permalink I don't like a specific genre because generally I listen to what sounds interesting to me and preferrably has brainy content. But I could say I listen less to the generic visual kei, like say Alice Nine or Gazette, punk and pop. I'm also not a big fan of screamy music (I don't like when it's over the top). What I really love is electronic such as Schwarz Stein and Hora's solo work ♥ To bad it's so underappreciated :|

dragon
6yr ago
449 jpops
permalink Mostly alternative rock and a little bit of VK sometimes.

LeraCrow
6yr ago
1,701 jpops
permalink love visual kei and rock. i listen to anything that i feel expresses what im thinking bout or what im doing at that moment.

theriverchild
6yr ago
70 jpops
permalink Rock, visual, oshare, i dont like really like screaming, but even that can be good sometimes

yesilfare
6yr ago
1,076 jpops
permalink Mostly alternative, indie, garage rock. I also love punk rock bands. Sometimes v. kei~~

violetchain
5yr ago
680 jpops
permalink I like just general rock, rap-rock, and some punk. I listen to visual kei every now and then, but only certain bands.

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
41,247 jpops
permalink haha all of it... :)

BlackfireReiko15
5yr ago
87,026 jpops
permalink Visual Kei and Oshare kei ;)

JustIronic
5yr ago
1,074 jpops
permalink I prefer the heavier stuff, that's for sure. There are a few bands that I like that do the pop/rock style as well, but I just like the heavier music better. :)

Drey
5yr ago
18,664 jpops
permalink Rock , Clean and Visual kei!

aurora14
5yr ago
10,043 jpops
permalink I mostly listen to more hard rock Vk bands.

thegazettefan
5yr ago
14,752 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

pinktopaz
5yr ago
1,782 jpops
permalink I listen to VK. :)

xKokoroxKisekix
5yr ago
327 jpops
permalink All kinds of metal and rock. I usually prefer heavier bands, but I like a variety for different moods. :)

Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    What type of J-rock music do you usually listen to?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service