What do you like more from a Jrock band, the aesthetics or the music?

97 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by mikoto  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    What do you like more from a Jrock band, the aesthetics or the music?

mikoto
6yr ago
2,793 jpops
permalink I'm wondering do you like visual kei more based on the style or music. For me example I like the music more than how the musicians dress. What about you? ^^

gabrielayamilet
6yr ago
63,985 jpops
permalink i love they style how they dress and they beautiful songs they wrote how they feeling feel love and hate and die too that why i love visual kei

GreenBanana7th
6yr ago
3,620 jpops
permalink I like the music because it has so much meaning. But you can get meaningful music from anywhere. VK is all about the style and that's why it's called visual. There are pop VK bands, but there are also scremo, rock, and rap. I don't think you can just like them for the music because there is such a wide range, and not everyone likes rap or pop. VK is for the style so you usually like them for that, which includes the music. It's kinda like a package deal. But there are also people who just like the music and not the frilly clothes (which I must add that I love). There are many more factors going into it and I don't think you can split the question up like that (it's too broad). It also depends on the band, there are some that look amazin but suck and there are others that rock and look like crap, or there aro some that are just perfect! I my self love the style untill it gets too feminine, but that doesn't mean I don't like crazy bands. Some bands I love there look but their music just isn't appealing to me. So I'm not shure I can answer your question. I like both and some times I like ether or.

weebllikespie
6yr ago
710,910 jpops
permalink For me, it's all about the music~ but sometimes it's the way they dress up, the aesthetics that catch my attention

NihonDreams
6yr ago
8,088 jpops
permalink For me, it's the music ^^ But I do think the outfits contribute to my liking the bands :)

tinasan23
6yr ago
7,840 jpops
permalink of course music is the most important thing,can you imagine band that looks really good but playing the real shit??! In that case I would not care about how cool they are if I can't listen their music.

sagaNsem7
6yr ago
25,908 jpops
permalink i like more for their vocalist voice and music.. not for their dress,face or something like that.. for me music is the most important thing for a band..

SkyHeArt
6yr ago
43,628 jpops
permalink the song, music, vocal and lyrics.. that's better than using the looks only to attract the fans.

aurora14
6yr ago
10,043 jpops
permalink I usually pay more attention to the musician's music more than what they wear.

thediabetiquegazettefan
6yr ago
-1,749 jpops
permalink of cours it the music ^^

Toffukun
5yr ago
2,744 jpops
permalink can i choose both?

dressoftheskin
5yr ago
4,290 jpops
permalink I like what they wear, but I'm more into their music then their outfits. :)

KARAlex88
5yr ago
13,995 jpops
permalink music of course :D

Temezy
5yr ago
24,217 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

EchoedWhisper
5yr ago
1,135 jpops
permalink It's all about the music for me! But I do love the whole VK style!

PunkyPlatypus
5yr ago
105,513 jpops
permalink The music... However their clothes do grab my attention.

KOT0Pani587
5yr ago
3,246 jpops
permalink Music usually came first. Looks come later.

mamokitty19
5yr ago
18,830 jpops
permalink I listen to the music first but the way they dress contributes as to how much i luv them otherwise there would be no point in watching their videos or dressing the way they do

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
42,447 jpops
permalink both! i like the fashion lots and lots.. but also the music is really great :moved:

disneylandpirate
5yr ago
2,699 jpops
permalink The music of course is the best thing about them but the fashion can be amazing. To be honest a picture of my first band made me want to look them up.

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
42,447 jpops
permalink i guess music... :)

Sumiko1
5yr ago
2,009 jpops
permalink definitely the music more. :)

poohbear03
5yr ago
42,915 jpops
permalink i like both but i mostly go for the music

Dark161000
5yr ago
7,706 jpops
permalink I like the music, their outfits and the lyrics. For example, I love Versailles lyrics because they are so poetic, and the music style very elegant, even their outfits. And so happens the same thing with other bands :D

xperfectweaponx
5yr ago
5,768 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

PunkyPlatypus
5yr ago
105,513 jpops
permalink I usually pay attention to the music... But I appreciate their style! :)

IzuTaka
5yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink I like both their style and their music. :)

CloudStrifey
5yr ago
79,678 jpops
permalink Music for sure sure. But of couse, the Visual Kei look is eye-catching. I think both is great, but music always seems to grab me before looks (in most cases).

CalledPlanfanatic
5yr ago
3,062 jpops
permalink The music is a definite winner there but the fashion is honestly what got me into some bands in the first place. :)

MochiChanDesu
5yr ago
2,319 jpops
permalink I don't usually watch videos and listen to my music on the go, so I have to like the music, but if the bandmen are hot or dress great, it's a bonus.
Only exception is Kiyoharu... this old man has taken over my soul.

Tsuzuku
5yr ago
15,974 jpops
permalink The music matters to me far more :3 (Guess being a huge fan of Dir en Grey proves it xD)

IzuTaka
5yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink I love both, but the music is what I'm into most.

AmaiSakura
5yr ago
2,092 jpops
permalink Both really. I love the music and the meaningful lyrics, and there is so much variety
There will always be a vkei song that fits your mood and how you are feeling.
Basically visual kei music is the only kind of music I've been listening to these days, haha

But I also love the fashion, which has highly influenced the way I dress. Also of course the beautiful boys ♥ As a girl who loves feminine boys, vkei music videos are major eye candy for me haha

While music always wins (I wouldn't like a band that has cute people but horrible music), I have to say the clothing and everything also plays a big part. But that's what makes visual kei "visual".

espeneko
5yr ago
5,475 jpops
permalink I do love both, but I'd have to say the music more. The looks are nice, but when you're just listening to a good song it really doesn't matter what they look like, it's their talent and sounds that counts ^-^ Especially if you're not watching any PVs xD I mean, the style is what really makes up visual kei, but it would kinda suck if all visual kei bands looked freakin awesome...but then were terrible music-wise :P Who would really want to listen to them? Visual kei is visual kei, but it's still music :D

CloudStrifey
5yr ago
79,678 jpops
permalink I actually like both. though for me, the music speaks more~ But I've always loved the appearance too and am strangely attracted to it (is that weird?)

IzuTaka
5yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink I like both, but I mainly pay attention to the music.

Hazukikun
5yr ago
2,790 jpops
permalink I like both, but the music is more important :D

Maya18
5yr ago
5,660 jpops
permalink Music is more important to me :D

AmazingMashiMashi
5yr ago
504 jpops
permalink The music is the main reason, but having nicely dressed folk to look at doesn't hurt either....

IzuTaka
5yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink I prefer the music but I do also love the look.

lheijhoy
5yr ago
5,935 jpops
permalink both.. both are included when you define visual kei music.. :)

nekomiminatsumi
5yr ago
49,883 jpops
permalink It's definitely the music! I have never heard anything more awesome! But the style does contribute to me getting into a band too X3

Ukiyo
5yr ago
49,205 jpops
permalink In Visual Kei, I like the most their music. And sometimes when I'm watching video when they are dressed up better than how they sing, I focusing on how they looking in each PV XD

chibimiroo
4yr ago
2,063 jpops
permalink I Like the music

joshua10red
4yr ago
110,700 jpops
permalink i like because of music....

Mih0
4yr ago
15,491 jpops
permalink Mostly i like anime than manga.....but better drama is a good....i see my bias'.....

FlowersOfVanity
4yr ago
1,506 jpops
permalink I think even if they dressed like old grandpa's it wouldn't change the way they play or sing so even tho sometimes I can be attracted or fascinated with the way a band dress's or does there hair even if they didn't I would still like them because I would be attracted to the music. =)
I do love there fashion and hair sometimes I find myself drawn to a certain look of a vk band but I don't like there sound it doesn't mean I don't like the band I like them as people but just not there music or vice versa I like a band's music but not there style its weird how that works sometimes.

1crazy4drama
4yr ago
29,315 jpops
permalink The way the present themselves

Faye1313
4yr ago
93 jpops
permalink Both. I really love the style and the music. :)

TEPPEIholic
4yr ago
349,181 jpops
permalink I like their music. :)

Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    What do you like more from a Jrock band, the aesthetics or the music?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service