What books have made you cry?

184 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by tohoshinki5  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    What books have made you cry?

tohoshinki5
9yr ago
26,103 jpops
permalink Almost nothing makes me cry but when I was reading My Sister's Keeper, I just couldn't stop!

SarealiaV
9yr ago
483 jpops
permalink Oh! I'm extremely emotional and read excessively but a book has made me feel lots of emotions to a certain extent... I never gotten sad enough to cry or angry enough to throw the book (lol)... I guess words in a book aren't enough for me... I guess i need some visuals? bye!

Lolidoll
9yr ago
173 jpops
permalink I cried when I read Pretty Little Liars.

Because it sucked so badly.

juczan
9yr ago
304 jpops
permalink Green Mile.

I always cry when Eduard Delacroix die.
;(

SimplyStrange
9yr ago
284 jpops
permalink Oh man, I cry everytime I read Where the Red Fern Grows.... just can't help it.
A Walk to Remember, the 7th Harry Potter book, and I believe their was one more but i just can't seem to recall what it is. It's only been within the last few years I've started crying during movies and books.

wyndfyre
9yr ago
500 jpops
permalink narnia.

i read all 7 books in one shot, and yeah, the ending was :RBohNo:

mowi
9yr ago
574 jpops
permalink I cried when I read the Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah both biography and the fiction. :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying:

hageshiiAME
9yr ago
87 jpops
permalink I cry every time I read Lucas, a book by the UK author Kevin brooks.

Lucas is a story that's somewhat like to kill a mocking bird. The main character, Cait, meets a wanderer named Lucas that has just arrived on their small island off of mainland England. Because of the tight knit community, others begin to persecute Lucas heavily and blame him purely out of fear of him. Cait must then decide which side to choose.

It's very well written with a tragic and powerful message, so I highly recommend it!

Chikai
9yr ago
4,236 jpops
permalink My Sister's Keeper made me cry, yes, but I've got another book that makes me cry every time no matter how much I read it.

There was a time where all I was reading were school books and I almost thought I'd lost my love of reading (a testament to how awful the books for school are). Then I read Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and realized I hadn't.

No matter how old you get, no matter whether you know the story already or not, it's a great book and it touches your heart every time. There's a poem that's incorporated into the story, but unfortunately I can't remember the name or author write now. I know the main theme is that nature's gold is green and nothing gold can stay. So, basically, nothing young and innocent and pure can stay for very long, but while it is here, it's the most beautiful thing.

gretxen
9yr ago
108 jpops
permalink well.. I get really emotianal, while reading..The were lots of mangas that made me cry.. When it comes to books this happens less often..hmm..From recent ones Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky made me cry :RBcrying:

gretxen
9yr ago
108 jpops
permalink well.. I get really emotianal, while reading..The were lots of mangas that made me cry.. When it comes to books this happens less often..hmm..From recent ones Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky made me cry :RBcrying:

killersweetpea
8yr ago
69 jpops
permalink I know what you mean about mangas making you cry! I usually read them in the bookstore (heh heh, no money to buy them >.>) and it's soooo awkward when i start crying and people come up and ask me if I'm alright xD

HaruhiNakamaru
9yr ago
301 jpops
permalink I'm not one to cry, as in, physically shed tears. But I was bawling like a baby when I read Inkspell. :RBcrying: A character died and I started crying so much, I had to take a break from reading. After I calmed myself down enough to continue, I got to the next chapter and started crying again because ANOTHER character sacrificed themselves to bring the first one back. I won't say who, how, or why; in case I spoil it for someone.

meilin24
9yr ago
68 jpops
permalink The book 'I am legend' made me cry. It's depressing.

Kap-chan

Hyeyun13
9yr ago
498 jpops
permalink Helios Eclipse~
by Kaoru

I cry when Helios will married Countessa.. :RBcrying: :RBcrying:
While Mineko who love Helios is in Jail[she innocent] :RBcrying:
Lastly,Meniko forgotten all memory with Helios.She said that she want
life in the world not Magicworld.-[Helios sad]
However ,Both always in love.[edit]Last edit by Hyeyun13 on Friday 04 Sep, 2009 at 06:09 +2.5%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Hyeyun13 on Friday 04 Sep, 2009 at 06:07 +3.6%[/edit]

fyechan
9yr ago
1,670 jpops
permalink One Litre Tears... :RBcrying:
The title is everything
I guess everyone here only had seen the movie/drama nee?

AmeNatsu
9yr ago
187 jpops
permalink I think it was from Murakami Haruki!
"Dangerous Lover"

Maltesers
9yr ago
198 jpops
permalink I cried when I read Tuesdays With Morrie written by Mitch Albom... I also cried when I read P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern... The latter would actually make you laugh too...

fullmetaljap150
9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink well gentlemens alliance cross made me very emotional in the first three ish books... but i was reading this fan fiction that made me sad..... it was a poem... and here it is
I wasn’t really who you thought I was.

I’m sorry for not telling you sooner,

But it was not my secret to tell.

Now, I must be exiled back

Into the endless darkness once again.

But you are my light

You melted the ice that

Had frozen over my cold heart

Your warmth made me alive again

Your smile awakened my soul

But then your love was divided

And I disappeared from your life.

You reached out to me

Calling me by my real name

And I longed to grab your hand

But the darkness encircled me.

So I’ll wait.

I’ll wait for you to free me

And finally,

You will become mine and only mine.

-Takarari

fullmetaljap150
9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink well gentlemens alliance cross made me very emotional in the first three ish books... but i was reading this fan fiction that made me sad..... it was a poem... and here it is

But you are my light

You melted the ice that

You reached out to me

So I’ll wait.

And finally,

-Takarari

Ixdeny
5yr ago
1,365 jpops
permalink Woooa!!!...this so beautiful...is really sad....so touching :(

Maltesers
9yr ago
198 jpops
Quote by fullmetaljap150
well gentlemens alliance cross made me very emotional in the first three ish books... but i was reading this fan fiction that made me sad..... it was a poem... and here it is

But you are my light

You melted the ice that

You reached out to me

So I’ll wait.

And finally,

-Takarari

Wow!!! It sounds like an "unrequited love"!!! :RBcrying: Sweet but sad.... :RBcrying: What a tearjerker kind of poem!!! :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying: :RBcrying:

Sorry can't help it!!!

fullmetaljap150
9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink heres another poem.... ha ha i like to read those sad depressind things where every one dies.
i like this poem alot.

Last Goodbye

I’m sorry.
I love you.
I always have,
I always will.

Forgive me
For leaving,
But some things
Must be done.

Our time together
Was priceless.
So precious,
So painful.

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I literally has a book made me cry once. I was in a car accident and the m of the Encyclopedia Britanica hit me in the head busting my head open. I was eleven at the time and I cried all the way to the hospital. Sadly I had no other injury than the wound from the book.

I got eleven stitches and had a really cool bandage that I had to wear. By the way one should never keep their books on that ledge behind the back passenger seat in their car. they really hurt when you get hit in the head with them.

daephiresaffy
9yr ago
566 jpops
permalink well, there's a few books.. ha3..
her fiancee die 3 days before the wedding day..
lol, and another i don't remember why..

elenko94
9yr ago
2,065,759 jpops
permalink No book that I can think of has made me cry, I can be wrong..I may have cried over a book when I was younger, but simply forgot it

But, I can almost remember some book that made me cry.. ;)
but Im unsure

xoxoTiNa
9yr ago
1,355 jpops
permalink the notebook and tuesdays with morrie.. :STbigSmile:

bloodroseapple
9yr ago
139 jpops
permalink ^ Oh Tuesdays With Morrie. Mitch Albom <333!!! His books are so beautiful.

The most recent book that I've read that has made me cry buckets is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. God. I personally think The Kite Runner is a better story, with a more interesting plot etc, but A Thousand Splendid Suns really struck a chord. I couldn't stop crying, especially the part with the letter... :RBcrying:

marga
9yr ago
6,108 jpops
permalink hmm..
i cried at great expectations :P
it was totally touching..
friendship, loss, love..
everything was there..

iLuffsush1
9yr ago
529 jpops
permalink When a animal dies, its always sad.

Really when a dog dies, i cry because dogs are innocent.

I like dogs! They are good pets. I have a dogs at home. Dogs are good friends to us

and there people who are bad to them. I find that they do not deserve to be treated

that way.

Shikakawaii
9yr ago
90 jpops
permalink i cried when i finished firebringer.... :RBcrying:

and after narnia :RBfrown:

ZoeAngel
9yr ago
175 jpops
permalink Showdown, even though it's really one of those mushy books that you normally cry about...I totally cried in the end

Blackyuki
9yr ago
2,237 jpops
permalink Nicholas Sparks always makes me cry :RBcrying: His stories are so touching :RBhalo:

And at the end of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix I couldn't stop crying because Sirius was dead :RBcrying: [edit]Last edit by Blackyuki on Thursday 28 Jan, 2010 at 15:28 +61.4%[/edit]

ouransakura12
9yr ago
811 jpops
permalink hmm...
I cried when i read the books tuesdays with morrie, the sixth and seventh book of harry potter.... dumbledore's death really made me cry (in the book and even in the movie)... I don't know why....
I also cried when I read the book where the red fern grows, the part where the two dogs, little ann and old dan died......

the best books ever.....

seanto
9yr ago
2,165 jpops
permalink the one that made me cry the most was 1 liter of tears i cryed loads reading and watching but really good bokk and drama

Vanilli
9yr ago
406 jpops
permalink Its a little embarassing, but when I read the fifth and seventh part of Harry Potter I had to cry :RBblush: and during one of the Diablo books öÖ because my favorite character died a horrible death öö' I don't remember the title though... oh and "Silk" by A. Baricco was very sad too, somehow and somehow not öö'

kai09
9yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink I rarely cry when reading books, and when I do, its almost always because of the death of a favorite or adorable character.

I remember crying a little over the death of a character named Jeremy in a book by Douglas Coupland entitled "Eleanor Rigby". He was such a cool and adorable character and I like him a lot, so it's horrible that he is fated to die.

xxxFluffyxxx
9yr ago
130 jpops
permalink I never cry when i red Rainbow Boys....its just the fact that these two boys loved eachother so much and i cant even describe it but i just cryed....it hit home that book reminded me of some of my friends so i cryed like a baby

Nightmare
9yr ago
910 jpops
permalink oh. thats alot.

for instance, in the thoroughbred books, the book "without Wonder" of something, i cried my eyes out.. and the Lord of The Rings, i tend to cry a "little". x]Harry Potter i think, and the books i'm reading now, the first book in the series is the worst so far, damnit Sing almost DIED!!!! and the second book, that i'm reading now, dromleader Moog dies... and i'm gonna cry my ass off when i get that far. (yes i've read them before). uhm... and.. wow i accually can't think of anymore, but i know theres alot more books, i just can't remember all of them! :cool:

KiraOjou
9yr ago
1,567 jpops
permalink kyah! Haru wo Daiteita makes me cry alot xPP it's just too cute and adorable!
and Death Note --the volume in which L died...also the episode and the movies...gah xP i love you L <3333
it should be forbidden to kill main characters in the middle of the serie!!!

Nightmare
9yr ago
910 jpops
Quote by KiraOjou
kyah! Haru wo Daiteita makes me cry alot xPP it's just too cute and adorable!
and Death Note --the volume in which L died...also the episode and the movies...gah xP i love you L <3333
it should be forbidden to kill main characters in the middle of the serie!!!

oh yeah and death note, only i think it's alot more sad when Light dies, i love light he's my favorite Death Note character, and i was real depressed when he died... i've only watched it though, i'm gonna read it soon..

imendralai
9yr ago
2,461 jpops
permalink I rarely cry because of books, but boy, did I cry in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! I don't want to spoil for someone who hasn't read it yet, but damn, I think I was sleeping and I was still sobbing.

And a Walk to Remember, by Nicholas Sparks. :RBcrying:

Immerherz
8yr ago
4,579 jpops
permalink Not many books have actually made me cry, but several had've made me want to cry, or just scream out of pure frustartion and/or sorrow... But one that actually did was "Liv och Lovisa", I don't really know why... But another two that made me want to cry was "Godnatt Mr Tom" ("Goodnight Mr Tom" in English, I think...) and "Hemlängtan" ("Homesick"(?)), both of them by Michelle Magorian... She's an amazaing writer! :RBheart: nd I think maybe one or two more books, but I can't remember them... Besides, I rarely cry when I want to, and when I do cry I try to hold back, lol xD

Hennu15
8yr ago
462 jpops
Quote by hageshiiAME
I cry every time I read Lucas, a book by the UK author Kevin brooks.

Lucas is a story that's somewhat like to kill a mocking bird. The main character, Cait, meets a wanderer named Lucas that has just arrived on their small island off of mainland England. Because of the tight knit community, others begin to persecute Lucas heavily and blame him purely out of fear of him. Cait must then decide which side to choose.

It's very well written with a tragic and powerful message, so I highly recommend it!

Oh, I know it:) It made me cry as well, I think it's the only book, that made ever cry...

Lhoisheeky
8yr ago
19,139 jpops
permalink [i]~Thw book that makes me cry is the Book of "Alice Diary". I felt her sorrow and at the times for trials i felt I was in her position. :RBcrying: :RBfrown: ~[/i]

xxRYOSUKExx
8yr ago
106 jpops
permalink I cry for a lot of books. But the one I believe I've cried the most reading was [i]Go Ask Alice[/i].

aimanmage
8yr ago
122 jpops
permalink I would suggest the novel Cut, by Cathy Glass.
The book is very moving.

Kurenai
8yr ago
677 jpops
permalink I guess several books have made me cry... but I can only recall one, which I am very fond of and read several times. I was much younger though... actually, I'm wondering what I would feel now, if I read it again :)
it was a German novel called [if you translate it] White Bird - Daughter of the Cheyenne. It's in the form of a dairy and it's basically about a white girl which falls in love with a Cheyenne chief who she'll eventually marry and she'll fight at his side.
That sounds kind of cheesy and predictable, but the truth is, it's very well written and was really moving! :RBcrying:
but I guess there are not a lot of people around here that understand German, so this is a very poor recommendation, sorry! :RBblush:

KanonBlack
8yr ago
332 jpops
permalink The kite runner!!!

i love that book, it was so touching. My mother cried when she read it, and i was like "C'mon it can be THAT sad". :RBsarcastic:
When it was my turn i couldnt stop crying
The enda was like.... :RBcrying:

SaiyuriSora
8yr ago
7,520 jpops
permalink I have to admit I cryed when Brom died in Eragon. XD

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    What books have made you cry?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service