What book are you reading at the moment?

982 posts  ·  created 8yr ago by dilaChan  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    What book are you reading at the moment?

dilaChan
8yr ago · 23,859 jpops
I'm reading "across the barricades" at the moment. :) (in english)
It's the sequel to "The twelth day of july"
It's about the conflicts between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland where a lovestory between a catholic boy and a protestant girl,who hate each other at the beginning, takes place. :RBhalo:

We've read the first one in English, in school. :RBstickout: And I really liked it so I bought the sequel, too. :RBhalo: [edit]Last edit by dilaChan on Saturday 26 Apr, 2008 at 21:51 +44.4%[/edit]

Shenzi
8yr ago · 1,173 jpops
im reading "Piratica 3 - The family sea". the Piratica books are really great :D and im reading em in english.
when im finished with that one im going for the last Harry Potter :RBheart: . then "Abarat - Days of magic nights of war". but in swedish. i really loved the first Abarat :RBheart:

nacho
8yr ago · 21,523 jpops
I just finished a book called "The Sacred Place" about racism and oppression of the African-Americans. I think I'll read it again. ^^

rashiyu
8yr ago · 2,708 jpops
i have read and reread LIGHTNING by Dean Koontz...amazing bOok!!! love the writer!!!

KSsince1987
8yr ago · 13,815 jpops
I read Gai-Jin by James Clavell. The story goes in Japan in 1862. Samurai wants to get rid of westerners from Japan.

chinsy09
4yr ago · 432 jpops
i read shogun way way back. it was good. but i think i read it for about 6 months. the book was 1000 pages long and the text was sooo small.

IshidaNao
3yr ago · 1,002 jpops
I read Shogun way back too. It features Mitsuhide Akechi's daughter in the times of Sekigahara. It was a good read if you like such books :)

TwistedFlower
8yr ago · 9,479 jpops

I'm Reading "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and will soon start the sequal "Through The Looking Glass".

[edit]Last edit by Twisted Flower on Sunday 27 Apr, 2008 at 21:15 +3.8%[/edit]

yosh46
8yr ago · 490 jpops
I'm reading a book called "I, Lucifer." It's really funny and tells the story of creation and the world from the point of view of the devil. Also, it involves a new deal God offers the devil to get back into heaven. Can anyone recommend any good books? Any genre is fine as long as it's kind of long and interesting.[edit]Last edit by yosh46 on Tuesday 29 Apr, 2008 at 00:50 +2.9%[/edit]

MichiyoFujiwara
8yr ago · 973 jpops
i have finished a lot of novels.. :RBhot:

i can say that im a bookworm.. :)

i can finish a very thick book within 2 days.. :RBblush:

hehe.. ;)

RECENTLY, i have read the bookn "INFERNO" by DANTE ALLIGHIERI.. :twisted:

it's cool...

lots of fight scenes with some creepy creatures in the underworld..
(3 headed beast.. twisting the heads of the magicians.. scratching the skin til it BRUISES.... lots of eeky things my dear..)

and i love the way on how they did the map.. :laugh:

the bigger ur SIN is, the LOWER ur place in hell.. :evil:

soo.. :roll:

like what E.T. SAID to drew barrimore.. :giggle:

"be GOOD".. :angel:

hehehehe.. :crazy:

Reighle13
4yr ago · 38,059 jpops
i nearly borrowed the inferno by dante....

and its on poem form...

nacho
8yr ago · 21,523 jpops
Quote by yosh46
I'm reading a book called "I, Lucifer." It's really funny and tells the story of creation and the world from the point of view of the devil. Also, it involves a new deal God offers the devil to get back into heaven. Can anyone recommend any good books? Any genre is fine as long as it's kind of long and interesting.

Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend is pretty amusing so long as you don't take it seriously.

Have you tried reading fantasy books? Those by David Eddings and Raymond Feist are quite good. these books are long because they are a series!!! ^^

White Teeth by Zadie Smith is also good. And Thigns Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. ^^

Eclipsedmyst
8yr ago · 1,378 jpops
Hmmm... Well recently I'm reading...

Knocked out by my nunga nungas XD (Really funny book)
&
Dangerous girls (vampire one forced to read in school yet pretty good ) ^_^

Im desperatly awaiting the new stephanie meyer books ;)

yasoshlasuma
6yr ago · 179,599 jpops
i know she did the twilight series and The Host, but wat she doing next?

yosh46
8yr ago · 490 jpops

Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend is pretty amusing so long as you don't take it seriously.

Have you tried reading fantasy books? Those by David Eddings and Raymond Feist are quite good. these books are long because they are a series!!! ^^

White Teeth by Zadie Smith is also good. And Thigns Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. ^^

Thanks, I'll try these for now. I looked up [i]White Teeth[/i] and it looks good.

esskankee
8yr ago · 50,238 jpops
i've just finished reading "in the miso soup" by ryu murakami and boy its such an excellent book. and i've started reading a horror novel called "heart-shaped box" by joe hill and its very captivating :D

rhaigne07
2yr ago · 16,308 jpops
Oohh..heart shaped box...its a thrilling one..i liked it.

pauljason
8yr ago · 659 jpops
..im currently reading the black stone chronicles by john saul, im on the part 5 nopw.
..this chronicles is full of excitement and spine tingling moments that will shiver onto your bones^_^
..isn't that a good introduction~?
..and also im reading readers digest about climatic changes and stories of different people behing global warming^_^

daxxler
8yr ago · 10,882 jpops
Of mice and men by john steinbeck... but i am not reading it out of choice... its my set text for my Englsih Lit exam... and its sooo dull!!!

esskankee
8yr ago · 50,238 jpops
Quote by nacho
[Quote by yosh46]

Ooh i agree with you. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is a very good book. =)

Titania
4yr ago · 101,318 jpops
I read that book when I was in high school and we were tested on it!! He is such an amazing writer

nacho
8yr ago · 21,523 jpops
I was dusting my shelf yesterday when I found some books I haven't read in a long time:

Cookbook from Hell. I found it pretty amusing.

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. I love love love this book!

Anyway, I'm re-reading these.. ^^

Aomari
8yr ago · 2,186 jpops
"Beka Lamb" and "Catcher in the Rye", both for English class.

eilonwe2
8yr ago · 17,708 jpops
Quote by rashiyu
i have read and reread LIGHTNING by Dean Koontz...amazing bOok!!! love the writer!!!

I still love this book, it's one of my favorites. Go on Dean Koontz's website and sign up for his email, he emails you funny blogs (sometimes from his dog). also, I wrote to him once and he sent me an autographed photo.

eilonwe2
8yr ago · 17,708 jpops
Quote by nacho
[Quote by yosh46]

Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend is pretty amusing so long as you don't take it seriously....

...... And Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. ^^

I found "things fall apart" to be rather depressing, it shoulda been an Oprah book of the month.

"The Tao of Pooh" ~~ the principles of Taoism as explained through Winnie the Pooh... very funny, but ... fitting. can't remember the author though

labellagorda
5yr ago · 188 jpops
Oh I studied 'Things fall apart' as a part of my literature course - honestly i didn't like it much...

But the Tao of Pooh is quite nice. Do check out The The of Piglet too :)

eilonwe2
8yr ago · 17,708 jpops
Lets see, right now...
"Wongs's Essential of Pediatric Nursing" for my nursing class
"A Candle for D'Artagnan" Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - old hard to find historical vampire series ~~ excellent.
"The Princess Bride ~ the good parts version" S. Morgenstern ~~ excellent movie too.
"Sweeney Todd"
"Rejar" Dara Joy

I usually have several books going at the same time, depends on my mood. And actually Candle, and Rejar are re-reads, I love the books, Princess Bride and Sweeney Todd I've seen the movies, but now I'm reading the books.

I recently finished reading...
"Lover Unbound" by J.R. Ward .. the Black Dagger Brotherhood kicks some serious but :RBheart:

Mihiyumi25
8yr ago · 2,208 jpops
Currently Deltora quest series, Taming of the shrew and Romance of the 3 kingdoms :) :)

TwistedFlower
8yr ago · 9,479 jpops
Quote by daxxler
Of mice and men by john steinbeck... but i am not reading it out of choice... its my set text for my Englsih Lit exam... and its sooo dull!!!

Of Mice And Men is a great book!! :RBheart:

hotarunu
8yr ago · 568 jpops
I`m reading DreamCatcher from Stephen King :RBstickout: is one of my favorites!

this is like the 100th time I read this book... also I´m right now with " Anatomia y Fisiologia Animal" because I have to take a test in the University, but is interesting too...

esskankee
8yr ago · 50,238 jpops
at the moment i'm reading "Fried eggs with chopsticks" by polly evans, and i t's really quiete intresting

hikarikage
8yr ago · 94 jpops
right now
I'm taking in the joy
of reading Atonement.
=]
and then I'm going to read Alice in Wonderland.
&& Lolita

hikariyamada09
8yr ago · 10,928 jpops
i only read manga do you consider it as a book?.....

i'm reading shugo chara right now.... im gonna read absolute boyfriend next...

BemusedDreamer
8yr ago · 965 jpops
I have nearly no books to read in my house :RBcrying: Must go to library soon.

Er, but I am reading [i]The Invention of Hugo Cabret[/i], though, "reading" may be a bit of a stretch. It's more of a picture book/graphic novel. Has about 320 pages with 280 pages of illustrations. ...The art's very good?

Before this, was reading [i]100 Years of Solitude[/i].

gothickunoichi
8yr ago · 140 jpops
[i][/i]currently i am reading Midnighters:The Secret Hour! My third time through this series! :D

mika
8yr ago · 24,974 jpops
At the moment I'm reading a book I found when I was waiting at the library. It's in norwegian. But the english title would have been "Nothing". It really is interesting I think. Haha, it acctually was the cover and the title that made me pick it up :D

rama
8yr ago · 262 jpops
Hmm, I just finished reading Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis... and now I'm reading Magic Street by Orson Scott Card.
I don't know if you've read Card's other works, I can assume you've heard of Ender's Game, but so far this book isn't really too great. :RBundecided:

KSsince1987
8yr ago · 13,815 jpops
I read Norwegian Wood by Murakami Haruki. It's my 2nd approach to this book and I hope to finish it but it's a real slog :(

summergirl7
8yr ago · 4,918 jpops
it is a song... BY THE BEATLES woot :D me and my little obsessions...

i am currently reading 5 books... i forget the titles but im too lazy to go and check... but they r pretty good :RBhalo:

summergirl7
8yr ago · 4,918 jpops
I REMEMBER ONE OF THEM!

sweeney todd, demon barber of fleet street.

ack! so good!

CursedDice
8yr ago · 124 jpops
I'm reading Wheel of the Time series book 21 by Robert Jordan.

fueledbybecky
8yr ago · 522 jpops
Right now im reading The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult. ITS REALLY COOL

KSsince1987
8yr ago · 13,815 jpops
Quote by summergirl7
it is a song... BY THE BEATLES woot :D me and my little obsessions...

yes it is :) i think its because story goes somewhere around that time. but i'm not sure 'cause i havent read the book yet :) but i'm gonna do it now so excuse me... ;)

krazysamurai12
8yr ago · 72,235 jpops
im reading After Dark by Haruki Murakami

ninjasaiyan
8yr ago · 332 jpops
im reading "genji"

avyasan
8yr ago · 557 jpops
im reading...GEB(godel-escher-bach)-The eternal golden braid by Douglas Hofstadter ...(its been an ongoing project)

ive been reading it for about 3 months now...

in the mean time i finished reading 'The catcher in the Rye' and 'Catch22'

KSsince1987
8yr ago · 13,815 jpops
Quote by ninjasaiyan
im reading "genji"

genji monogatari? i tried to read it but because i can only read english version on the net i gave up :( i was so pissed i even thought of translating it into my language 'cause i dunno why no one had done it yet!

rizeFr3aK
8yr ago · 5,991 jpops
im reading "kafka on the shore".

KSsince1987
8yr ago · 13,815 jpops
OH I love that book! I think i will read it once again which i dont do very often

esskankee
8yr ago · 50,238 jpops
me is reading 23 minutes in hell

Forums are read only at the moment in transition to our new topic system.

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    What book are you reading at the moment?
JpopAsia   © 2016             Privacy             Terms