Twilight or Harry Potter

394 posts  ·  created 10yr ago by SeleneTenten  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Movies    Twilight or Harry Potter

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink As you may know two "highly anticipated" movies are coming out:
Twilight (from the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer)
and Harry Potter (as I bet everybody knows from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)

So I was wondering.... for all you fans out there, what movie do you think will be better: Twilight or Harry Potter. Give a point to the movie that you pick. Also give a reason why and don't say because you haven't read one of them...

Here are the trailers for the movies:

Twilight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1GbukZnl1Y

Harry Potter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBGbKCm_pQQ

Personally I'm not too happy about the Twilight movie... I don't agree with the characters they use for pratically the whole cast (Bella is okay though...) and I don't like how they mix the world of Stephenie Meyer's world of vampires with the typical society's view of vampires.

So my vote goes to Harry Potter

Harry Potter - 1
Twilight - 0[edit]Last edit by Selene Tenten on Wednesday 15 Oct, 2008 at 20:42 -98.5%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Selene Tenten on Wednesday 15 Oct, 2008 at 01:47 +10.3%[/edit]

arvxsev
5yr ago
5,261 jpops
permalink I prefer Twilight :)

ladyred
10yr ago
1,371 jpops
permalink they are both such good books :)
but for movies i would have to go with Harry Potter
your right the Twilight movie characters dont look right lol

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink It's soo sad to watch them mess up the movie...

The books are always better than the movies!! The best that anyone has done on a movie is Harry Potter.... Have you seen Eragon!!! They completely messed it up!!! ...and the Series of Unfortunate Events too.....
soo sad... now I'm mad.. :RBveryAngry:

ladyred
10yr ago
1,371 jpops
permalink i hated the Eragon movie it was such a disappointment :RBcrying: it was like a kiddie version of the book
a series of unfortunate events was......okay...but only cause it had Jim Carrey in it lol hes bonkers :D

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink lol.... The one thing that they tried to do in Eragon and Series of Unfortunate Events was that they tried to put multiple books into one movie :RBcrying: .... that's never a good idea.... what sucked the most was that they had the wrong order in Unfortunate Events!!!! :RBveryAngry: *sigh*

ladyred
10yr ago
1,371 jpops
permalink oh god yea!
when i was watching them i was like......what the!! that didnt happen then :RBconfused: i got so confused!! :RBconfused: :RBcrying: :RBconfused: i had to go back to the books and read them just to see if i was right lol :)

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink I know!!! The movie was confusing... :RBconfused:
Have you finish the series?

ladyred
10yr ago
1,371 jpops
permalink no i think i got up to the 7th book...i think?? it was the book when thoses twins get kidnaped at the end.....after that i got obsessed with harry potter and forgot about lemony snicket...opps :RBblush:

what about u??

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink Yeah I finished, but to me it was very disappointing. :RBohNo:
To put it roughly the ending sucked :RBveryAngry:

ladyred
10yr ago
1,371 jpops
permalink lol oh dear good thing i didnt bother going back to thoses books then

hey do u know when the next harry potter film comes out? its the 1 when dumbledore dies in right??? :RBsarcastic:

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink Yeah so sad.... have you finish the series I don't want to say too much and spoil it for you...
The movie was suppose to come out this year but they moved it back to next year July 17.... I can't wait that long for it :RBcrying:

BlackButterfly
10yr ago
616 jpops
permalink I personally think harry potter. the characters in twilight movie dont look likd how i expecte them to. Edward is not drop dead georgus. He is supposed to be the most or one of the most beautiful men i have ever seen in my entire life. in the movie he is not. THe same goes for jasper emmet and carisle. jasper should be sexy in a creppy haunting kind of way. Emmet should be huge and tall. i pictured the dude who plays clarck kent on smallville. (now that is a beautiful man lol). Rosalie isnt pretty enough to me she should have made me jealous and want to be her (exzaderation). Rosalie looks like the girl next door. Alice is th only one who looks okay to me. Bella just looks wrong. I dont think the movie will live up to the books.

I love the harry potter movies. They are like the only move that lives up to the movie im looking forward to the 6th move. I was mad when they replaced it with the twilight movie. Daniel looks like how i pictured harry althought sirus is not. and neither is remus. but thats ok cuz the movies are awsome. All in all HArry potter rocks lol.

ladyred
10yr ago
1,371 jpops
permalink lol yea thats exactualy what i thought about the twilight movie characters :RBohNo: .....they suck

and yea i have finished harry potter...it was so sad i didnt want all thoese people to die.....im gonna cry when i see that in the movies lol :RBcrying:

Lin
10yr ago
3,872 jpops
permalink Harry Potter I think.
Twilight story line is great, but the movie seems to be not okay.[edit]Last edit by Lin on Sunday 19 Oct, 2008 at 10:37 +8.9%[/edit]

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
Quote by ladyred
lol yea thats exactualy what i thought about the twilight movie characters :RBohNo: .....they suck

and yea i have finished harry potter...it was so sad i didnt want all thoese people to die.....im gonna cry when i see that in the movies lol :RBcrying:

I agree!!! Edward is suppose to me like the beautifulest thing you have ever seen.... not in the movie..... and in Harry Potter, the last book, J.K. Rowling pratically offed almost everybody!!! Fred died and George lost an ear.... I think that's the right way... or was it the other way around?

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
Quote by Lin
Harry Potter I think.
Twilight story line is great, but the movie seems to be not okay.

I agree with you... Twilight is one of the best books I have ever read but the movie isn't equal to the awesomness of the book

Cloudylemonade
10yr ago
266 jpops
permalink I read Twilight...It was okish, wasnt the best book ive read. I like Harry Potter so much better! Its written better and has a better storyline, The Twilight movie for me..doesnt look very good >< It looks like they missed many things from the book D; I really want to see the Harry Potter Movie :RBheart:

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
Quote by Cloudylemonade
I really want to see the Harry Potter Movie :RBheart:

Yeah.... unfortunately we have to wait till next year :RBcrying: (stupid writers strike)

zeldaofarel
10yr ago
5,286 jpops
permalink I have never read the Twilight series, but I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I also think that Dan is becoming a handsome man. I'm trying not to be too much of a pedophile. So for me, I can't wait for the next HP movie. I adore the books, and read so many fanfics, especially slash, that I pretty much read all that are worth reading.

However, maybe I will read the Twilight series as well. I'm always looking for new stuff to read. However, another good series is the Black Magician triology by Trudy Canavan. Surprisingly, it even discusses the gay issue.

I haven't read the Eragon series, but as far as I know, the last book just came out, so the movie can't have been the whole story.

Zelda

ElluMellu
10yr ago
283 jpops
permalink Twilight is one of the best books i have read, but the movie...it´s a real dissapointment. Actors are just so off.
I think Harry Potter movies are made better :) I can´t wait till it comes out.

Decorer
10yr ago
1,260 jpops
permalink Oh, Harry Potter takes it.
Personally, I can't stand Twilight at all.

D3422
10yr ago
24,590 jpops
permalink Twilight I beleive Im jus anticipating the next one when the wolves come out toplay ....tis gunna be awesome...ima be like this the entire time im watching it :love:

hanachan14
10yr ago
972 jpops
permalink Last November 28, Asian time, I watched Twilight and it was totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the movie, but I prefer the book though…

It’s a really awesome movie and I think you’ll be wanting to watch it over and over again…

It’s a story about Bella Swan (Kristen Bell) who just moved in Forks, Washington and she was welcomed by students there. She was okay with them, but there’s this weird group named the “Cullens” that caught her attention.

Later on, she met Edward Cullen. At first, she thought that Edward hated her so much. But later on, she suspected him ever since the day when he saved her from being crashed by a car. :O Ever since that day, she suspected something especially when Jacob told her about the Cullens’ story…

After another part happened wherein she was saved by Edward once more, she had no doubt about it; his speed, strength and cold-skinned, she knew he was a vampire. But still, she wasn’t afraid. Instead of fearing Edward, she fell in love with him.

Bella was exactly sure of three things; one, Edward was a vampire; two, on how his addiction to her blood will remain dormant and three; she was in love with him.

Later on, while playing a game of baseball, another group of vampires came and James, one of them, recognized that Bella had this certain thing and he wanted to drink her blood. Edward protected her, and she went along with her sister, Alice, to Phoenix, Arizona. At that place, Alice had a vision that Bella will be in danger.

After her feelings had been manipulated by James, she wasn’t able to escape him. Fortunately, Edward came to her aid and saved her. But when James bit Bella, she was being contaminated by the venom and will be a vampire. Yet she was saved by Edward when he sucked the venom.

The movie ended when Bella along with Edward, went to the prom together.

I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) but I think the characters didn’t really match from the book… the book explains it the best… but I personally prefer Twilight than HP…

bluesweater
10yr ago
391,455 jpops
permalink 100% Harry Potter.
i've seen Twilight *though i havent read the book* but, it's not as good as i expected.
well for the story is okay.. but not for the effect. LOL
that is sooo fake :onetooth:

kinda surprise when i knew Robert Pattinson was Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter :giggle:

chibivampire15
10yr ago
508 jpops
permalink [i][/i]
I think twilight is the better one because it has to do with vampire's and the forbidden love between both worlds.
I like the movie because he kept trying not to hurt her when she came to the school and then when they started dating he did what ever it took to protect her even die trying to keep her safe from jasper.

orientalchild
10yr ago
4,179 jpops
permalink ONE WORD... TWILIGHT!! :D

mika
10yr ago
24,974 jpops
permalink Harry Potter

YamaPiLuvR
10yr ago
9,534 jpops
permalink I've always love harry potter!!! I saw the movie first and then I read the book. When the first time I saw the book I was like "damn..its so thick!! How can I read that!" but when I start to read it, I cant stop till I finished it!! Dont you think the book is more interesting in some way??
But above all I love both books and movies... :totallylove: I like Ron by the way.. He's so funny :laugh:

mika
10yr ago
24,974 jpops
permalink I read book 4-7 before watching the movies that are already made. though i love the movies, i can't help but be a little bit disappointed when reflecting on it. but i love them anyway. and yes, the books are awesome. i love them. it really is like you end up reading nonstop through the night until you have school :RBohNo:

lexicona
10yr ago
355 jpops
permalink HARRY POTTER!!!

I am so sick of this Twilight fad. :brickwall:

liaminamino
10yr ago
4,418 jpops
permalink I like both of them
But
I don't like Harry Potter since the movie 5th
He is so dark and dizzy in character

I just watched Twilight twice in the cinema
I LOVE IT
altought I'm not yet reading that book :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

and I LOVE Edward Cullen
He is so charming for dracula :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
but I don't like Bella :tongue: cz' she is lucky girl with rounding boys

I'm so jealous about that :mad1:

RinaAkari
10yr ago
2,109 jpops
permalink i luv the series of twilight but the movie jus dispointed me...
so i think i'll go for harry potter
in twilight edward and bellas relationship went so fast it didnt even
seem like it wuz out of the book

cloudX3
10yr ago
16,008 jpops
permalink HP ALL THE WAY!
HP.HP.HP.HP. :D

blindbandit96
7yr ago
763 jpops
permalink ang first jpop idol ko ay on/off, kanon wakeshima tsaka si YUI XD

tenshijanai666
10yr ago
1,954 jpops
permalink Harry Potter Kicks Asprin xD

I Didn't Care Much For Twilight :/

cloudX3
10yr ago
16,008 jpops
permalink i dont like twilight!
i agree wit u tenshi! dx

tenshijanai666
10yr ago
1,954 jpops
permalink :D
I Cant Wait Until July
The 6th Movie comes out =DD

Kenshi1990
10yr ago
147 jpops
permalink well since havent read the twilight books or seen the movie i would have to go with harry potter since have seen the movies and read the books

cloudX3
10yr ago
16,008 jpops
permalink tenshi : : cool...me too.! DX

half blood prince!!

bloodroseapple
10yr ago
139 jpops
permalink i was really obsessed with twilight for a year...

but i'd have to say harry potter. it's written so much better, and the plots, subplots, the characters, themes...etc. are all better developed.

cloudX3
10yr ago
16,008 jpops
permalink omg ! rly ?

tenshijanai666
10yr ago
1,954 jpops
permalink I'm Like Completly Obsessed With Harry Potter I Luv It...My Friends Think I Have Problems lol

cloudX3
10yr ago
16,008 jpops
permalink LOL!
you're d same like my bro! xd

ranchan
10yr ago
710 jpops
permalink i dont like harry potter im going for Twilight :D

Montesquieu
10yr ago
304 jpops
permalink Harry Potter.

twilight is pretty garbage.[edit]Last edit by Montesquieu on Tuesday 20 Jan, 2009 at 05:10 +72.9%[/edit]

Kentayum
10yr ago
584 jpops
permalink OMG i sooooo hate ahrry pooter

Soo ill go for twiligh

mrfishbulb
10yr ago
1,862 jpops
permalink :think: Harry Potter.

Twilight is a little to "chick flick" for my taste.
Besides, does anybody else see the similarities between Harry Potter's story and Naruto's. Makes you think... :RBhot:

Kentayum
10yr ago
584 jpops
permalink Yeah but harry pooter is boring and its dull

mrfishbulb
10yr ago
1,862 jpops
permalink I thought so too...until I saw Dumbledore and Voldemort have a magic battle in the end of the last movie. Reminded me of a hokage battle, so I can't hate.

Back  |  Forums    Movies    Twilight or Harry Potter
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service