Twilight [Book Series]

125 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by Mahiru  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Twilight [Book Series]

Mahiru
1decennia ago
554 jpops
permalink Hello everyone~ I wanted to talk about the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I have recently noticed at my school that its getting even more popular than it already was. For some reason it kind of annoys me. :RBfrown: I have read all of the books of the Twilight series that are out already and I have been wondering what people (the people that have also read all the books that are out) think will happen to Jacob. I mean, in Eclipse he just leaves at the end. It's kind of obvious that he'll come back but I mean, then what?

Anywho, if you don't want to talk about Jacob then let's talk about EDWARD!!!! :RBheart: :RBheart: Go ahead and just talk about stuff Twilight related. :)

Eclipsedmyst
1decennia ago
1,403 jpops
permalink Xd I hear you. I was one of the first people to get into twilight and now it's like "twilight this and twilight that" >_> But it's okay. If not for all those fans there wouldn't be a movie coming out would there? XD

Hmmm... I'm not sure about jacob. But If I was him I'd go find a girl. I mean he didn't get that thing (I forget the name of it) where he likes sees who he'll be together with. Obviously it's not happeneing with her and they're not supposed to be together.

As for edward... Mmmmmm I want one for myself XD

KATTUNandFahrenheit
7yr ago
284 jpops
permalink u 2:)

Mahiru
1decennia ago
554 jpops
permalink I guess you're right.

I wonder if Jacob won't be in the next book for a while, seeing as he kind of ran away. I think it was called imprinting or something like that. I wonder who he'll get with.

<3 Edward is love <3
if only he was real *sigh*

lilaznlori
1decennia ago
871,326 jpops
permalink I'm sure Jacob will be back. I'm not really a fan of him though, so I don't really worry about it. XD I just want to know what will happen to Edward and Bella now that Victoria is gone.

I know...I've liked Twilight for more than a year and NOW people are all like, OMG, I LOVE THIS SERIES!

FoxyMoxy
1decennia ago
723 jpops
permalink I agree with you all, it's until "everyone" reads the book that people start liking it...but I have to be honest- the first two books were great but the third one (Eclipse) is just not interesting me...it kinda of lost it's charm. But who can resist that Edward Cullen?

*sigh*

Has the 4th book come out yet?

FoxyMoxy
1decennia ago
723 jpops

Oh and does anyone know when the movies is releasing in theaters?
http://i31.tinypic.com/1pa5qg.jpg

Mahiru
1decennia ago
554 jpops
permalink The movie will be out December 12!!!! And the last book is coming out on August 2.

P.S. Edward is SMEXY~[edit]Last edit by Mahiru on Thursday 19 Jun, 2008 at 04:03 +26.1%[/edit]

Eclipsedmyst
1decennia ago
1,403 jpops
permalink Oh yeah right! "imprinting" I was gonna call it "quiveriting" for some odd reason... XD

Hmmm well you can't just end the series without jacob eh?
I liked the book when it first came out like3 or 4 years ago.
But the fans are fine I mean stehpanie meyer is dead rich now. So I'm happy as long as she continues to write. I bet shes not done with vampires yet.

has anyone read her newest book? "The host" I have it and its really good!

Mahiru
1decennia ago
554 jpops
Quote by Eclipsedmyst
Oh yeah right! "imprinting" I was gonna call it "quiveriting" for some odd reason... XD

Hmmm well you can't just end the series without jacob eh?
I liked the book when it first came out like3 or 4 years ago.
But the fans are fine I mean stehpanie meyer is dead rich now. So I'm happy as long as she continues to write. I bet shes not done with vampires yet.

has anyone read her newest book? "The host" I have it and its really good!

That's true. I haven't read her newest book but I really want to!! I heard it was GREAT!

P.S. I want to see Edward sparkle when he's in the sun in the movie. :totallylove:

SeleneTenten
1decennia ago
3,043 jpops
permalink OMG!!! I love this series!!! I'm also proud to say that I (and my friends) started the rave about Twilight at our school!!! Breaking Dawn, the fourth installment comes out in 41 days, 8 hours, 58 minutes, 40 seconds, 100 milliseconds, and counting!!!!

Eclipsedmyst
10yr ago
1,403 jpops
permalink XD For Warning; the host is a looonnngg book, It has around 50 chaptes or so. But it is so worth it.

Who thinks that the actors/actresses are right for twilight the movie?

I wanted emily browning to be bella. -_-
And edward seems totally wrong to me. No one CAN play edward. He sounds too incredicly smexy to be human (which he is not) So it works XD

Mahiru
10yr ago
554 jpops
permalink I think they picked the perfect actress for Bella. But for Edward...well...like you said NO ONE CAN PLAY EDWARD. It's because there's no one as perfect as him. :3 A lot of people didn't like the actor they picked for him. I didn't like it either but I figured I'd have to get used to it seeing as he is going to play him. AND I AM ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIED BY THE ACTOR THEY PICKED TO PLAY JACOB!!! The actor is one of those 'pretty boys' which doesn't really sound like Jacob. DX

Oh well, I guess we just have to be grateful that they're making it into a movie.

Aysohmay
10yr ago
1,476,669 jpops
permalink I honestly believe Jacob has imprinted on Bella, and so far every hunch I've had turned out to be what happened

NEWSness
10yr ago
436 jpops
permalink yea! iwonder if that's how the new book is gonna turn out... :huh2:

Moonbleach18
10yr ago
4,437 jpops
permalink I just read the 4th book and last book :RBcrying: but anyways. I was really surprised that Jacob imprinted on Renesme!! But it was a great book one of the best series I ever read seriously. The movie is suppose to come out on December 12th or in December and I'm really excited. I like the guy whos going to play edward but I'm not a big fan of the girl whos going to play bella. :RBangry: But Stephanie does an amazing job. She really is a great writer. I'm starting to read the host I'm on like chapter 11 and its pretty good. I prefer the twilight series better though.

hikarikage
10yr ago
94 jpops
permalink So, I don't want you guys jumping down my throat for this but..
why is it so popular?
What exactly is it about?
&& why does some of my guy friends say that it's just a book for girls?
Is it one of those mushy love stories er something like that?

I haven't really been interested in reading the book, especially when I found out that it about fang-less vampires that don't want to consume human blood.
(could be a wrong source but still)

What's all they hype about the book?

yukinohana
10yr ago
14,697 jpops
permalink yae i finally finished breaking dawn!!!!! i thought the ending was good except it felt a bit weird...everything seems to have gone pretty fast...Renesmee...that's too fast...cant imagine it

KawaiiL
10yr ago
2,431 jpops
permalink Hey, um, I heard that the Twighlight book is really good, so, is it any good? :think: I was thinking about reading it, but I don't want to waste my time reading it, because it's, like, 200+ pages, so yeah. X: Someone tell me what it's about, and, tell me if it's any good. :STbigSmile: Thanks!!! :P

Moonbleach18
10yr ago
4,437 jpops
Quote by hikari kage
So, I don't want you guys jumping down my throat for this but..
why is it so popular?
What exactly is it about?
&& why does some of my guy friends say that it's just a book for girls?
Is it one of those mushy love stories er something like that?

I haven't really been interested in reading the book, especially when I found out that it about fang-less vampires that don't want to consume human blood.
(could be a wrong source but still)

What's all they hype about the book?

Well actually the vampires aren't fangless and I like it because Stephanie Meyer is a really amazing writer making such a unique book with awesome characters. To me it really lures me in thats all. If your not interested that's totally fine its your opinion. But the book is really good its kind of cool how they make good guys in such a bad speices. It didn't make since to me why people liked it at first to me too; but once you start reading it it becomes extremly addicting. Stephanie Meyer makes it such an addicting plot. So I suggst you just at least try reading the 1st chapter at least and if you still don't like it o well.[edit]Last edit by Moonbleach18 on Sunday 24 Aug, 2008 at 04:42 +5.1%[/edit]

firegem123
10yr ago
1,099 jpops
permalink if anyones ever heard the song "Lust for Blood" by Gackt, then wouldn't you agree that it fits Edward perfectly!? :RBheart:

suglove
10yr ago
3,022 jpops
permalink i love all the books and the 4th was really great :D that with jacobe and nessie wasnt sth that suprised me ... i think it was clear... but owww~~ it was sooo awesome i reall looking forward to the books of edward :) i am so greatfull by stephenie that she will write some books out of edwards mind either x) *happy*
i`ve really cryed as bella said good bye to renesmee :RBcrying: and in the last szene, as bella showed her mind to edward i coulnd stop my tears either ... :RBfrown:
i really love seth x) and renesmee since bella knew about her :RBblush: i really was angry of edward that he was so stupid -.- okay bella was shortly to die but it was also HIS child -.-
nya but about the movie i am scared... all the actors a castet and i hate the most of them -.- i mean nobody can play edward but why HIM??? i was so shocked!!!! that was terrible ... and calisle too.... the handsome calisle ... is only.... a... ***** i cant say it... O_O

yukinohana
10yr ago
14,697 jpops
permalink i totally agree!!! why the heck did they choose robert pattinson to play edward? seriously, even shane west's looks suites too except that he's a bit old for the role.

kristen stewart is fine for me but her voice is too matured for a looks. :RBcrying:

nacho
10yr ago
21,523 jpops
permalink hmmmm... all i can say is that i didnt expect to like this series... and i just read it to prove to myself that it sucked. lol but i like it. hahah

jrawkaneko
10yr ago
2,057 jpops
permalink OMG I LOVE TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!
Mostly Edward!!!!!! :RBheart:

shanti
10yr ago
32,010 jpops
permalink i love the serie but i stil have to read breaking dawn!!
but i don't think that the movie will be beter than the books but we have to wait and see!!

samedioui
10yr ago
801 jpops
permalink I like the first and the third book the most... I didn't like the second and the fourth that much... However, I can't deny the fact that I enjoyed reading the series. As for the movie, I don't know what to expect, although I've seen the trailers and all other stuff, they're promising... (LOL) and the actors and actresses are fine, at least in my opinion, well, except for Rosalie, I don't find her that beautiful... Edward and Bella, I think they're fine... But I can't help but think of Jonathan Rhys-Meyer or maybe Shane West to play the role of Edward but I realized that they're too old to play for the role of 17 year-old school boy... So, I guess, Rob Pattinson is the best choice... I like Kristen, but I always imagine Bella as soft spoken but Kristen voice is different, her voice doesn't suit her physical features, something like that.

Loli
10yr ago
913 jpops
permalink Yeah, i loved the series up to the 3rd book. Breaking dawn felt kind of like a fanfiction to me, and i'm not sure i quite liked the somewhat sci-fi approach to it. Overall i thought the story was pretty predictable in a bad way.

As for the movie, i'm not really looking forward to it, i'm just waiting to see if they will stay to the story line. I'm not really fond of the actor that is playing Edward, i don't really find myself attracted to him at all, plus his i thing his nose looks life he ran into a wall.

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
permalink Yes!!! There's other Twihards on JPA!! I love Twilight, meaning I'm going to ignore the fanfic that was Breaking Dawn. I read an interview Steph Meyer did about the 4th book on her website, and she said she was planning the whole Bella getting pregnant thing for a while. Psh. :roll: I hope more people post on this thread!!! I for one am pumped for the movie!!! Robert Pattinson is basically the only thing I liked about the 4th Harry Potter movie, and he'll make a great Edward Cullen! :RBheart:

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink I love the Twilight Series!!!! :RBheart:
Finished the whole series right now and is waiting for Midnight Sun to come out!!!! Yay!!! An Edward version book!!! I read the first chapter on Stephenie Meyer's website and I love it!!!! Though I may need a dictionary while I'm reading it, it still be great!!!!! :high5: :boogie:
I really liked the first, third, and fourth book. Didn't really like the second one... probably cuz there was barely any Edward in it lol.... and another reason too......

I'm not really looking forward to the movie.... the people who play the characters aren't even close to what I was imagined. :no:

There's also a soundtrack coming out for the movie.... wonder what's gonna be on there :huh2:

*SPOILER* In the fourth book I was so not expecting Jacob to imprint on Nessie!!! I thought he was going to imprint on Leah.... I feel sorry for Leah..... That was funny though when Bella learned that Jacob had imprinted on Renesmee. "You named my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?" lolz :laughing:

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by Selene Tenten
I love the Twilight Series!!!! :RBheart:
Finished the whole series right now and is waiting for Midnight Sun to come out!!!! Yay!!! An Edward version book!!! I read the first chapter on Stephenie Meyer's website and I love it!!!!

I'm so excited for Midnight Sun!!! I don't want to read the excerpt but I heard its even better than Twilight!! :pray: The sound track is supposed to be really good; I can't wait to hear what "Bella's Lullaby" sounds like. :whistle:

Shinigami1995
7yr ago
4,893 jpops
permalink miss u more

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
Quote by RollingStar14
[Quote by Selene Tenten]

I'm so excited for Midnight Sun!!! I don't want to read the excerpt but I heard its even better than Twilight!! :pray: The sound track is supposed to be really good; I can't wait to hear what "Bella's Lullaby" sounds like. :whistle:

Bella's Lullaby is supposed to be composed by Robert Pattinson... hope he does a good job... :RBundecided: Most fans that I have seen suggest that Bella's Lullaby could be "River Flows in You" by Yiruma. That song is soooo pretty........

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by Selene Tenten
[Quote by RollingStar14]

Bella's Lullaby is supposed to be composed by Robert Pattinson... hope he does a good job... :RBundecided: Most fans that I have seen suggest that Bella's Lullaby could be "River Flows in You" by Yiruma. That song is soooo pretty........

Yeah, I heard that on YouTube, and I really hope it is cause it's so beautiful, and really fits the Twilight setting as well. I think, if nothing else, the atmosphere of Twilight will be captured accurately in the movie, going by what I've seen in screen shots. The main reason I hope it's good is that if they make more, I'll actually want to see them. *cough*unlikeHarryPotter*cough* ;)

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
Quote by RollingStar14
[Quote by Selene Tenten]

Yeah, I heard that on YouTube, and I really hope it is cause it's so beautiful, and really fits the Twilight setting as well. I think, if nothing else, the atmosphere of Twilight will be captured accurately in the movie, going by what I've seen in screen shots. The main reason I hope it's good is that if they make more, I'll actually want to see them. *cough*unlikeHarryPotter*cough* ;)

What's wrong with Harry Potter? I just hope in the movie they don't mix the Stephenie Meyer world of vampires with society's view of vampires.

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by Selene Tenten
[Quote by RollingStar14]

What's wrong with Harry Potter? I just hope in the movie they don't mix the Stephenie Meyer world of vampires with society's view of vampires.

Yeesh, good point :smilec: , I hope they don't do that either. I think that's one of the most important characteristics of the novels- that they incorporate vampires in society as not monsters, but relatively human-like creatures. I just don't think personally that the Harry Potter movies were handled well, especially in that they focus too much on excess special effects and not the actual plot. I don't hate them or anything, but it's cool if you disagree :)

Loli
10yr ago
913 jpops
permalink I was really looking forward to midnight sun, but just to inform all of you who haven't heard the book has been suspended indefinitely. Apparently it was leaked and Stephanie got pissed and refuses to finish it. There is a large portion of it posted on her website though. I guess us fans will just have to hope for the best :RBundecided:

kawaiicupie16
10yr ago
3,503 jpops
permalink I was really depressed when i heard that news. :RBfrown: I really liked all the books and to hear it from Edward's POV will be REALLY interesting. I'm kind of on the fence about the movie. I'm gonna see it but i'm a little scared because of what happened with the Eragon movie :RBcrying: (It totally SUCKED!!!). We'll see what happens though, right? :confused:

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by Loli
I was really looking forward to midnight sun, but just to inform all of you who haven't heard the book has been suspended indefinitely. Apparently it was leaked and Stephanie got pissed and refuses to finish it. There is a large portion of it posted on her website though. I guess us fans will just have to hope for the best :RBundecided:

All I can say is, Midnight Sun better come out. I didn't read the excerpt on her website because I'd rather wait, but I've heard that it is just as epic, if not more so, than Twilight. After all the Breaking Dawn controversy, I thin Meyer owes in to her fans to give them Midnight Sun. I do think it was awful what happpend, though; imagine trusting a friend with unfinished work and having them leak it without your professional approval. I can see why the whole affair has been so tough for her. :RBfrown:

samedioui
10yr ago
801 jpops
permalink That's true, Midnight Sun is a lot more interesting than Twilight itself... I'm not sure though if I'm being biased coz I like Edward but, that's how I see it... Edward's thinking is far different from anyone else... (I read the draft and I enjoyed it but I got bummed coz I have to wait a long time to find out the ending, if Meyer would still end it...) I hope she would... She has to... Also, I have to wait a few days to see the film...

A lot of people don't like Rob Pattinson to play the role of Edward but I can't think of anyone else to play the role..... Well, I was thinking of Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (because his eyes are perfect for a vampire...LOL) but he's too old to play a 17-year old boy...

isamari86
10yr ago
191 jpops
permalink Breaking Dawn was not my favorite in the series, but why do so many people seem to dislike it? there were a couple of parts that i thought dragged on a bit too long, but overall i thought it was fine. seems like i hear a lot of complaints about that book.

i wasn't excited that Pattinson was chosen for Edward, but i watched a few different movie trailors and i think he will pull it off. i like his voice. i think that they should have chosen a better-looking actor considering Edward is perfect. i heard that a lot of fans suggested Orlando Bloom and Hayden Christianson for the role... bleh! i can't imagine Hayden playing the part. i think Orlando is way cuter than Pattinson, but can't picture him playing a vampire either. i like Kristen for Bella, but i was really unhappy about the choice for Alice! i love Alice in the book, and i pictured this adorable, tiny, imp-like girl... nothing like the actress. the only person i have seen in the movie that i thought was really beautiful is the girl that is playing Victoria.

sea8705
10yr ago
12 jpops
permalink has anyone gone and see the movie? i heard lots of bad reviews about it. i am doubting about going to see it now[edit]Last edit by sea8705 on Monday 24 Nov, 2008 at 03:25 +100%[/edit]

XinRaiku
10yr ago
1,891 jpops
permalink I have heard how bad the movie was as well. But I mostly hear about how "the actors are so ugly." I can only think of one thing, "edward is viewed as godly and perfect, in the real world there is no such thing as perfection." To be honest maybe someone "hotter" could have been chosen, but oh well they got those actors and we gotta deal with it. That's what I got on that.

I am going to see the movie and whether you all like it or not I will trash it or praise it, depending on how it stays to the book. :RBhot:

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
permalink I havn't seen it yet, but I heard a lot of people saying that if you view it as simply a movie, its pretty good, but that as far as sticking to the book, it, eh, does an okay, but not a truly faithful job.

People have also been saying that their are a lot of funny moments and jokes in the movie that weren't in the book. This upsets me a bit, because I think that really ruins the essence of the books. Sure there are happy, lighthearted points throughout the story, but it's not supposed to be comedic in the slightest. :RBfrown:

About Rob Pattinson being chosen for Edward, I don't really care about his looks; I think he his hot enough, and that the bone structure in his face suits Edward's character. The thing that DOES bother me though, is his age. I know, usually Hollywood gets actors older to play the actual characters, but I mean come on, Edward is supposed to be 17, which is only a year older than myself...and I think, wow, Rob looks 5 years too old...cause he is. I think they could have found a hot, 17-20 year old to play the role, and it would have still looked beleivable.

However, I really like the actor they got for Jacob, and I <333333333333333333 forever the actor for Emmett. Kellan Lutz is so HOT! :RBheart: And exactly how I imagined the character![edit]Last edit by RollingStar14 on Monday 24 Nov, 2008 at 21:47 +1.4%[/edit]

XinRaiku
10yr ago
1,891 jpops
permalink I saw the movie yesterday and I have to say it is one heck of a movie. Staying with the book ....that was a fail! But overall I will have to say it was a very well made movie. The actors were great as well, although people want them to be "hotter". Perfection is impossible to reach, btw. It was a good movie, the acting was great as well. I give it a thumbs up. :)

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by XinRaiku
I saw the movie yesterday and I have to say it is one heck of a movie. Staying with the book ....that was a fail! But overall I will have to say it was a very well made movie. The actors were great as well, although people want them to be "hotter". Perfection is impossible to reach, btw. It was a good movie, the acting was great as well. I give it a thumbs up. :)

Yeah...that's what I've been hearing!!! Can't wait to see it! :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart:

Gaarochi7
10yr ago
518 jpops
Quote by Mahiru
Hello everyone~ I wanted to talk about the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I have recently noticed at my school that its getting even more popular than it already was. For some reason it kind of annoys me. :RBfrown: I have read all of the books of the Twilight series that are out already and I have been wondering what people (the people that have also read all the books that are out) think will happen to Jacob. I mean, in Eclipse he just leaves at the end. It's kind of obvious that he'll come back but I mean, then what?

Anywho, if you don't want to talk about Jacob then let's talk about EDWARD!!!! :RBheart: :RBheart: Go ahead and just talk about stuff Twilight related. :)

OMG SPOILERS!!!! YOU SUCK!! YOU SUCK BALLS!! -jk- BUT SRSLY!! I HAVENT GOTTEN TO THAT BOOK YET D:<

1234567nipponew
10yr ago
1,226 jpops
permalink I just started reading the books and i just finished the first and it was ridiculous. edward is a homo and bella is a moron. did you know these books were written based on the book of mormon? the movie was no better i was forced to go see it with a group of friends and when bella walks into her bio class, edward looks like he smelled something REALLY bad-bella. This book was more funny than it was romantic so... 5/10!

bloodroseapple
9yr ago
139 jpops
permalink i used to be so completely obsessed with twilight... maybe two years ago? it connects with readers on such a deeply emotional level. people feel so passionately about it you know? they either really hate it or they really love it. i loved twilight and also new moon, even though a lot of people hated it cuz edward wasn't there... but that just proves how much he loves her. eclipse kinda bugged me. second half of breaking dawn was pretty cool.

and then the movie ruined it for me. afterwards it became about the money. twilight is like a brand now. the original concept of unconditional love and all that other good stuff is gone...

i heard though that the movie was hella funny. unintentionally funny.. like edward's voice which was supposed to be "soft and beautiful like velvet" was not that hot. ahaha. but of course no human actor can live up to the fans' standards. :)

and midnight sun was soo good. it's on stephenie meyer's website.
she put the unedited version up because she doesn't want fans to get it through illegal means or get some messed up version. it's good though. cuz on that first day they met each other, there was so much more going on for edward than for bella.

and the host was woww amazingg. i cried so much >.<

here's the link to the midnight sun draft...
http://stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf

KiyonaNightmare
9yr ago
741 jpops
permalink At my school, everyone is reading this series. And they all think they know the most about it and they love it the most (each individual thinks that). I think Kristen Stewart isn't a good choice for Bella in the movie. She has a blank stare. And her voice is too low. Robert Pattinson could've done a better job with his voice in some parts. His accent kept coming through. Esme was so different then how i pictured her! And I think Alice could've been more spunky and fun. I think the books were better than the movie. the books were very well put together but had too much suspense. I was going crazy while reading New Moon. But I still love Twilight!

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Twilight [Book Series]
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service