Suggestions Ideas And Requests Regarding JPopAsia.com

717 posts  ·  created 10yr ago by CharlesDefon  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Questions & comments about JpopAsia    Suggestions Ideas And Requests Regarding JPopAsia.com

CharlesDefon
10yr ago
297,686 jpops
permalink Please use this thread for suggestions and requests you have for JpopAsia.com. Because JpopAsia.com cares deeply about our community we also are interested in your ideas and requests. Please be constructive when posting in this thread. We all will try our best to make everyone feel comfortable and enjoy the J-Pop Social Revolution that is JpopAsia.com!

renix
9yr ago
22,696 jpops
permalink I wanna talk about the store. we just can buy treasures for ourselves only. But what should I do if I want to buy something as a gift for others?

So I think that our store's functions should have this :hihi:

topaz91385
9yr ago
1,728 jpops
permalink I posted both of these in the Creme and pro privileges: what do you want? thread but it makes more sence for them to be here

I want more give options like Hello, what's up ect...

An other thing that would be REALLY nice a way to send a message/shout to all the people on your friends list at once or only a select few on the list all at once. It was time consuming having to have to go to every sings one of my friends pages to wish them a Happy New Year. And Happy New Year to everyone, also it would be nice if ever I wanted to inform all my friends about something I'm going out a town and won’t have access to a computer for the next 3 day or something like that.

KSsince1987
9yr ago
13,815 jpops
permalink how about adding korean/chinese/taiwanese music charts? I know majority of people here listen exclusively to j-music but thre's also many who listen to those mentioned above. Also it could attract future users to register.

I think there should be more emoticons that would show not only faces but also items or activities.
It would be great if we could post videos in journals.

Proffessional pen pal section. There's already one in forum but what I'm talking about is something like in friends.3yen.com/ where you can post your pictures, and with that search engine.

topaz91385
9yr ago
1,728 jpops
permalink I'd like to see a chart kind of like the one for fan feelings showing who had donated to most to jpa that would be cool to know who supports jpa the most. :)

CharlesDefon
9yr ago
297,686 jpops
Quote by renix
I wanna talk about the store. we just can buy treasures for ourselves only. But what should I do if I want to buy something as a gift for others?

So I think that our store's functions should have this :hihi:

Ah we do have the ability to give away something that you bought as a gift :)

topaz91385
9yr ago
1,728 jpops
permalink Not sure if someone has suggested it already if they have I second it. I like to be able to buy Jpops for my friends just like I can buy them a creme account

con2ol
9yr ago
749 jpops
permalink It was really hard to find the advanced search page. It would be easier if existed a visible way to get there on the main page

Ow, just one more thing. The contact page has a submit button but when I clicked, nothing happened. So, I dont know if my message was sent or not. Is it normal?[edit]Last edit by con2ol on Saturday 14 Feb, 2009 at 09:33 +57.1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by con2ol on Saturday 14 Feb, 2009 at 09:18 -75.9%[/edit]

ninive
9yr ago
1,792 jpops
permalink while adding videos i wondered why there wasn't some kind of distinction between artists nationalities
that list is really long, it will be helpful to have different sections for each

ninive
9yr ago
1,792 jpops
permalink i want to say something about the auto capitalization
uppercase and lowercase letters in band names have a certain importance
there are artists with a name all uppercase or all lowercase, and this count for song titles too

can you please take off that thing?

ninive
9yr ago
1,792 jpops
permalink it would be nice if when adding a video the browser keeps the information you type when you need to go back
i sometimes made mistakes and i have to repeat it all from the start if a go back to correct it

it would also be helpful to have the possibility to add multiple videos at once
i often add about ten videos at a time and is long having to search again the artist name and everything
maybe adding the option 'add another video of the same artist'

XFrozenFlowerX
7yr ago
1,094 jpops
permalink maybe they can add this feature to the vip's sth they get when adding video's cuz now they get their personal artists and such so i think adding this thing to the vip's would be nice, then i might reconsidder becoming a vip again ^-^ xp just give more things to the vip's then they're gonna be more willing to become vip :) xp

ninive
9yr ago
1,792 jpops
permalink why not writing the number of fans in the page of the artist if you can't show all the names?

i don't really like how you take informations from yesasia and cdjapan
since you can add singles, albums, dvd, ecc... the release date most of the time isn't the real one

it would be nice adding a discography section, with pictures, cd images, links and song titles... and maybe made the video page took informations from it

and why not adding other sites? amazon is good too
even if there are artists who sell cds directly from their homepage

1234567nipponew
9yr ago
1,226 jpops
permalink I think they should have a feature where you could see which of your friends are currently on. it would be more convenient and it would make it easier to talk to people.[edit]Last edit by 1234567nipponew on Thursday 05 Mar, 2009 at 21:55 -99.4%[/edit]

aiiyka
9yr ago
191,624 jpops
permalink So... about that 750 letter requirement when adding lyrics... It's really inconvenient when you want to add Japanese (kanji) lyrics because even thought the lyric meets the requirement when it's in romaji, it doesn't in kanji (sometimes) :RBohNo: ... so maybe make the letter requirement less? please?

DShorty
9yr ago
903 jpops
permalink There are 2 of the same Wang Lee Hom song now - the newest one needs to be removed - that's my suggestion.

RollingStar14
9yr ago
12,999 jpops
permalink I agree with KS about having more foreign charts...I think that JPA is a music site above a social networking site, so this would be an important thing to add, imo.

Also, it would be nice if there was a function to respond to others' comments on videos, journals, and news stories, sort of like there is on Youtube. We could recieve a message when someone responded to a comment we wrote.

Another thing about the comments section...it would be awesome if the comments of a vid linked to a page that displayed all the comments, or multiple pages of them. That way, when someone replies to us, we can see it before it gets cycled out of the comments section, which tends to happen quickly on popular videos.

:)

XFrozenFlowerX
7yr ago
1,094 jpops
permalink yeah so this has already been suggested 2 years ago... why isnt there a cpop chart yet... >.> xp

RollingStar14
9yr ago
12,999 jpops
permalink Oh, and one more thing. I really agree with ninive about having to have a CDJapan or YesAsia link on a vid...I don't have a problem with that, but those shouldn't be the only two sites we can link to.

I say this because recently I was not allowed to add the PV for Se7en's latest, "Girls", because it's only available on Itunes atm since its the U.S. release. But because Se7en is a K-artist no matter what, I think that I should still be allowed to add this vid with an Itunes link. :RBundecided:

But whatevs, JPA can only do so much at once, I know. :tongue:

DShorty
9yr ago
903 jpops
permalink Suggestion: a notification when someone's commented on a journal entry would be nice:)

(also - agree with Rollingstar about the iTunes link thing).

zekeco
9yr ago
22 jpops
permalink I think it would be nice if we could have the news section available in RSS/XML/Whatever. I think I would read more often the news that way because it's hard to pick the ones I'm interested in.

pauljason
9yr ago
659 jpops
permalink I really want you to put a GIFT JPOPS here

it's like a user can gift any amount of jpops to another user.

I really hope that can happen

that would be great

KSsince1987
9yr ago
13,815 jpops
permalink When adding a video there should be more genres added e.g. C-rock or K-rap.

How about adding games? I mean something like on Gaia maybe or multiplayer games.

AqiLuvHyde
9yr ago
81 jpops
permalink hello..well im gonna suggest some more privacy to member profile..

-how bout only a friend can only view my profile or maybe there is like option to view profile to anyone or to keep the profile private to show only to friend..

cause it disturb me a bit that even non JPA member can read my journal..so hope the privacy can be upgrade neh..

im still support JPA..:otsu:

akicute
9yr ago
146,547 jpops
Quote by AqiLuvHyde
hello..well im gonna suggest some more privacy to member profile..

-how bout only a friend can only view my profile or maybe there is like option to view profile to anyone or to keep the profile private to show only to friend..

cause it disturb me a bit that even non JPA member can read my journal..so hope the privacy can be upgrade neh..

im still support JPA..:otsu:

yeah i agree what qi-chan said...cuz i feels unprivacy when non member can read easily my journal and read anything in my shout box...

one more i just wanna add something...can we add some function to deleted the person who already terminated their account??

AqiLuvHyde
9yr ago
81 jpops
permalink hmmm some suggestion...

can we like clear all our log..like clear all list of my activity..

side,why can i delete my shoutbox..even there is button 'X' beside some shout..

JpopAsia
9yr ago
538,190 jpops
Quote by AqiLuvHyde
hmmm some suggestion...

can we like clear all our log..like clear all list of my activity..

side,why can i delete my shoutbox..even there is button 'X' beside some shout..

Should be fixed :)

nielle08
9yr ago
1,626 jpops
permalink what about a pet lovers' section in the forums?????????? :)

i think it would be nice... :rock:

is it ok? :pray:

AqiLuvHyde
9yr ago
81 jpops
permalink kj[edit]Last edit by AqiLuvHyde on Saturday 16 May, 2009 at 18:49 -0.7%[/edit]

Spazblade
9yr ago
306 jpops
permalink I second the extending the comment history. You don't know what a person is replying to sometimes because it's already off the comments secion. I don't know if that would be extremely troublesome on the servers though....

AqiLuvHyde
9yr ago
81 jpops
permalink k[edit]Last edit by AqiLuvHyde on Saturday 16 May, 2009 at 18:48 -0.3%[/edit]

hikkiFM
9yr ago
3,289 jpops
permalink hi!

i have a suggestion..

um.. how about a mp3 section?
the songs that are here are all singles and that has pvs.. but how about the songs that doesnt have?

example:
a certain song in an album that i wish to hear here. like Playball by Utada Hikaru that is actually in the album "Deep River". ne?

and if you need help.. il be glad to help..

thanks!

puppelichun
9yr ago
2,106 jpops
permalink It would be nice if you could stop being friends with someone. Like remove a friend from the friend list. Just like we can stop being fans of someone. I don't want 5235325123 friends, just the ones I'm in contact with and I can really call my friends or say I know the person.

I also like that privacy idea on journals and shoutbox :otsu:

Also, why some k-pop artists' videos are classified as j-pop just because they sing that song in Japanese? You don't call j-pop/k-pop/c-pop/etc english-pop if they sing in English X_x It would be nice if there were the language thingie amongst the song length, genre, adder, release date etc. and the nationality of the artist. I discovered just a couple of months ago that BoA is Korean, not Japanese, because of this.

Also XD it would be nice if we could upload our own pics here in jpa. It's really frustrating to upload them in Photobucket or something else site to all ppl to see, and then add the link to the journal.

I think this is all XD

Hillo
9yr ago
1,081 jpops
permalink since jpopasia had a lot of video songs from j-pop to c-pop why not have a free music download here. cause sometimes i find it hard to find a music that im interest in and yet only i can find that song in this site. Of course i can't use my computer for more than 10hours.it will go boom.

just requesting that if you would like to add a FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD.XD.

sorry for bothering.

STILL JPOPASIA RULES

JpopAsia
9yr ago
538,190 jpops
permalink Free music downloads is not the way to support our beloved artists. Moreover I don't think you would like see JPA go down like all other illegal download sites.

RSelphie
9yr ago
28,145 jpops
permalink I agree with JPA-san.

hikkiFM
9yr ago
3,289 jpops
permalink but how about free streaming?

RSelphie
9yr ago
28,145 jpops
permalink dongsaeng, this is already a free video streaming site. JPOPASIA rocks.

hikkiFM
9yr ago
3,289 jpops
permalink no.. i mean.. music.. not just mvs.

RSelphie
9yr ago
28,145 jpops
permalink i don't know about. it would be up to JPA-san if he thinks it is good for the site but still JPA rocks.

hikkiFM
9yr ago
3,289 jpops
permalink yeah.. love this site still...

LovelessHero
9yr ago
6,083 jpops
permalink I think there should be a forum trophy for buying people creme accounts. I absolutely love doing that :) Would encourage people to support the site as well.

Darkleg3nd
9yr ago
310 jpops
permalink hmm. hi guys. im new here. =]
i jus find daily motion load kinda long. i Suggest MySpace player. they load faster. =]

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink It would be nice if there was a way to subscribe to journals of people you know. It would be nice if all the new entries would appear on a part in your profile or something like that. :D

annabanaaana
9yr ago
13,684 jpops
permalink hmmmm maybe like you can transfer your fan points thingy...like if you dont wanna be this persons fan anymore u can tranfer to another artist so it wouldnt be a waste of jpops

Darkleg3nd
9yr ago
310 jpops
permalink yea. u got a point. o.o

Neyjour
9yr ago
4,354 jpops
permalink I have 2 requests/suggestions. :)

1) More Languages/Countries
My interest in Asian music started with Japanese, then I began branching out into other Asian languages, as I'm sure many other people have done as well. It's great to see that Korean and Chinese are available here, but I'm hoping you will consider expanding that to include Mongolian, Thai, Vietnamese, Malay, etc. There are [i]so many[/i] wonderful artists/songs that I'd like to share (and find more of) from those countries, and I wish I could do that here at jpopasia rather than having to go elsewhere.

2) Improved Search Function
The search function (and A-Z list) is great if you know exactly who or what you're looking for, but for those of us who want to find [i]new[/i] artists and music in the language/genre we're interested in, it's pretty much useless. I would [i]love[/i] to see a new search function where you can search for Chinese Rock, Japanese Hip-Hop, Korean Pop, etc.

Cheers and thanks,
Ney

lettucepocky
9yr ago
1,753 jpops
permalink Not to be negative... but I've just noticed that lately a lot of random people have been using google translation etc (which doesn't work at all) just so they can get more jpops =_=. I don't think this is very fair and I think there should be more rules around it like maybe a "report button"?

Hillo
9yr ago
1,081 jpops
permalink About adding stuffs. Can somehow fix them from all a's up to all z's. Its really troublesome finding artist with such long list and so happens when adding lyrics. When going back means find the artist again. Also if you would like to add a ESP in forum section. If only you would like too.

Kurenai
9yr ago
677 jpops
Quote by lettuce pocky
Not to be negative... but I've just noticed that lately a lot of random people have been using google translation etc (which doesn't work at all) just so they can get more jpops =_=. I don't think this is very fair and I think there should be more rules around it like maybe a "report button"?

I totally agree!!

I just went on the lyrics page of Romance by Buck-Tick and not even half of the Kanji lyrics was in kanji!!

http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/7775/buck-tick/romance.html

tsukiakari dake選択yurusareta
多田ヒカルubuge選択mitoreteita
キミnemuri tsudzukete iruゆめ彼なし
kuroi doresuデマットITE情報hoshii

ああキミfukakuアナログ入力チャンネルを選択tsukisasuないkubisuji
ああぼくない氣をmazariai yoruウーkakeyou
tsukiyoないhanayome

ウー月tenshiの街miteiru kara keshite
キレイナハナハナウーウーkazarou

ああキミsoshite hitotsu神奈川県mabutaいいえいいえを選択ヨーコ
ああキミないsoshite hitotsu市神奈川県madobe選択なし
yamiyoないhanayome

ああkonna選択uruwashii hizamazuki着うたウーないinori
ああ、ミズーリ州itsu shika kusari yuku atokata naku kiete yukuロマンス。

ああsoshite西郷町bamenない街最下hajimaru
ああキミnaifu街ぼくいいえいいえを選択ムネkuikomu
ごくわずかのfukaku ... saa fukaku

コンヤカイああ、ジョージア州、ミズーリ州ウーhoshiiヤミーヤミーyuku選択tokekomu
ああ、ミズーリ州itsu shika kusari yuku atokata naku kiete yuku

what is that supposed to be?!?

if you look at the credits I think the person who uploaded this took the translation and made it translate it by translate.google.com
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I once found the kanji lyrics (but I don't have the credits anymore :( )
so I can change into proper kanji...

but I just was horrified at what I just saw!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

so please, please do put a "report" button!!

Back  |  Forums    Questions & comments about JpopAsia    Suggestions Ideas And Requests Regarding JPopAsia.com
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service