Student-teacher relationships

61 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by mikachan  ·  last post 4yr ago
Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Student-teacher relationships

mikachan
9yr ago
280 jpops
permalink (Please forgive me if I put this topic in the wrong forum)

Alright. I think my new history teacher is cute. and I always feel awkward whenever i talk to him.
Is this weird? To like your teacher ?[edit]Last edit by mikachan on Saturday 12 Sep, 2009 at 17:28 +4.9%[/edit]

wintersnowbunny11
4yr ago
11,340 jpops
permalink ^^ It's not. I had the hots for my science teacher, And the whle calss would call me his gf xD. but He was a really nice guy and I helped him with supplies when he needed it. ^-^ At least someone at that school appreciated me. xD

SimplyStrange
9yr ago
284 jpops
permalink I had a crush on my World History teacher for the loooongest time, so I don't think it is weird to like a teacher. But it feels weird because it's a crush that usually won't go anywhere....

cinnicake
9yr ago
2,351 jpops
permalink i say you go for it

yasoshlasuma
9yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink its not weird, but it is something u shouldnt really feel.
If u go thru with a relationship with ur teacher, u could get in a lot of trouble and he will most likely lose his job 4 it.
in some countries it is Illegal, so be careful.

fullmetaljap150
9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink its not weird...
all my teachers are girls or are like really old or fat so i cannot really relate.... i dun like school in america very much... i wanna go back to japan...
ha ha also i like only like asians..... and i have no asian teachers but my school here in america is mostly korean so thats cool...
but back to ur life... lol :RBhalo:
i say go for it... :D :D
idk if this helps but i know it actually happens alot in japan when im at school there.... there are girls who are groupies of teachers. some times they even start their own fan club. :RBsarcastic: :RBsarcastic: :RBsarcastic:

one word of advice: just dont do anything that will start rumors or will hurt ur teachers rep. thats a really bad thing to do. if seen it happen before in my school back in japan. yep. :RBfrown:

so i wish you good luck! :RBohNo:

elenko94
9yr ago
2,065,759 jpops

deathmaid95
9yr ago
1,429 jpops
permalink hm...dunno...i mean i think its ok...i never hv had a crush on a teacher but i think it should be ok..

yamala
9yr ago
1,101 jpops
permalink I think it's okay to have a crush, like just thinking he's hot and funny and stuff like that
but don't let it go too far, since it will probably never happen, sorry to say so

SimplyStrange
9yr ago
284 jpops
permalink ummm I know I already left a message here but I think I'll add on.
I actually heard a story about a student and teacher that got together but it was like 4 years after they were in the same class.
So i guess like if someone think's their teacher is the one instead of making a move when you're still a student I wouls say to wait until graduation or something. Plus feelings change all the time so there isn't any point in rushing into complicated relationships.

Maltesers
9yr ago
198 jpops
permalink I don't think there's something wrong with that!!! It's not a crime and besides it's just a crush... It's too far from seducing your teacher... RIGHT?! Like you said, you feel awkward when you talk to him...

Oh well, it happens all the time... Our teachers were once students too, so I think they can relate to it... It's just a crush, nothing serious about it.... I just hope it won't lead to obsession!

But then again, if you think that it's more than just a crush, well I guess you have to have patience... It's a long wait... (I think...)

I hope that helps...

mikachan
9yr ago
280 jpops
Quote by ya soshla s uma
its not weird, but it is something u shouldn't really feel.
If u go thru with a relationship with ur teacher, u could get in a lot of trouble and he will most likely lose his job 4 it.
in some countries it is Illegal, so be careful.

Yeah. and i don't want any teachers to know about my feeling either. then he'll really get in trouble. people might start rumors about me. So I'll just keep it to myself.

btw there's kinda a big age difference. he's like 20-something. I wouldn't dare mess around >.>

Quote by SimplyStrange
ummm I know I already left a message here but I think I'll add on.
I actually heard a story about a student and teacher that got together but it was like 4 years after they were in the same class.
So i guess like if someone think's their teacher is the one instead of making a move when you're still a student I wouls say to wait until graduation or something. Plus feelings change all the time so there isn't any point in rushing into complicated relationships.

True,true. I think i know what story your talking about. interesting how that happened.huh?
But it's just the start of a new year. we just met and i don't like my teacher like THAT. so yeah

@cinnicake :c'mon. lol,seriously?[edit]Last edit by mikachan on Monday 14 Sep, 2009 at 13:56 +55.3%[/edit]

misakira
9yr ago
457 jpops
permalink Nothing weird about it. It's ok to like your teacher. but you can't "[i]like,like[/i]" him :s

silvermyst
9yr ago
212 jpops
permalink Definitely nothing wrong with that. I've been there, done that, gone back. :D

It becomes a problem when you let your feelings affect the way you act in class. And when he starts to notice, then you're in big trouble. As long as it's just along the lines of admiration and not total full-blown obsession, you're good.

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I never dated my own teacher. I have dated a teacher at a college that I was going to. It also depends on the age of the people involved. It you are a teen ager and you history teacher is a thirty year old guy then age is a factor as well. And if you are too young criminal charges may also be a factor.

There is also the fact that many educational institution have rules against teachers dating student that they are teaching. I am sure this has something to do with keeping the academic playing field level for everyone.

As for the simple emotion of being attracted to someone. That in itself is not wrong. circumstances of the attraction may make it forlorn or impossible to act on though.

kahlan
9yr ago
6,014 jpops
permalink aren't there rules for teachers that they can't get involved with students that way? its a very good rule to have because if your a teenager, you might actually be under legal age of consent... ok so you might not go that far, but the fear is that you may be taken advantage of and thats why schools usually have these rules, because a teacher is an authority figure and is in a position or resonsibilty over minors... a teacher is at the school to do a job - to teach children - its not his job to get involved (in terms of personal relationships) with his/her students... having a crush on a teacher is not unusual, but don't get carried away with it... at this time of life your emotions are all over the place anyway

HiraiKenFangirl
9yr ago
85 jpops
permalink Hmm...
I used to have a slight crush on my English teacher.
He was only 22 and looked like KIM KIBUM!!!
But nothing serious.
Anyway, it is taboo to actually have Student Teacher relationships.
However, liking the teaher in an...umm..studently-teacherly way, i guess its ok.

P.S.-I used to act nice to my English Teacher when i had a crushie on him. LOL! It ended up better. He told evvy1 I was his fave student, then even wrote a tribute 4 me on his blog!

Fouzhende
9yr ago
2,805 jpops
permalink that happened at my school. teacher lost his job, the kid was expelled. also that teacher will probably not find another job any time soon.

biggrob893
9yr ago
8,104 jpops
permalink got the past two years i was on a art course, and the teachers were middle age women who were weird lookin lol but there was this temp teacher who came in on certain days to teach us art history and OMG id never had a beautiful teacher b4, she was so nice to us and was dead aamzing lookin, she looked like she was just abit older then me, but i think she was about 28 or sumthin, it was like sumthin out of a romantic comedy manga,

and like those mangas, i sumtime made the mistake of sayin things about her either too loud or when i didnt kno she was near me lol but i dnt think she notice, sadly she had a bf, but i didnt kno till we finish the course (last june/july), apparently he was fugly weird lookin as well, was proper guttered, but i remember feelin dead lucky cuz she used to catch my bus in the mornings so i was the first to see her in the morning b4 everyone else XD i remember she caught the same bus goin home with me, i embrassingly fell asleep, what wuda been better was if i fell asleep on her shoulders lol i even added her on facebook just so i cud see her picture haha

i wish sumthin wuda have happened since it was only college and during that time i was 18-20 years old, so if we did it wuda been AWESOME! but its ok since she was one of the good things that kept me goin to college lol

so yeh enjoy it while u can, itll make ur lesson go by so easy, but dnt make it happen since u cud get into alot of trouble or it might mess up alot, just enjoy the attention and the fantasy of what cud have happened :)

.... LONG STORY!!! haha soz XD x

wootwootxD
9yr ago
4,103 jpops
permalink omg!!
i used to think my history teacher was cute too!!(last year) :RBblush:

:RBsealed:[edit]Last edit by wootwootxD on Friday 23 Oct, 2009 at 19:54 +7.1%[/edit]

HiraiKenFangirl
9yr ago
85 jpops
permalink good luck!
=)

isuzubathory
9yr ago
517 jpops
permalink It's not weird at all, it's just that it is not very correct, if by anyhow he gives you any chance with him, it will never lead you to anywhere he won't respect you as he should, because he will always be afraid of loosing his job....
And teachers that go out with pupils normally are not the most "sensible" guys... but well this is just my opinion

Azndramalover76
9yr ago
282 jpops
permalink N0 I D0N'T THiNK iT iS BUT I'M PRETTY SURE iT'LL BL0W 0VER Y0UR LiKiNG HiM BUT iF iT D0ESN'T THAN iT REALLY D0ESN'T MATTER! :STsmile:

LDotVu
9yr ago
367 jpops
permalink Lol, everyone has a little crush on a teacher or something, so its normal.
It's just a crush, nothing too serious.
you could get into huge trouble if you do get together, but i think its just a "crush phase" Probs when a new boy/girl comes along, you'll forget about your teacher xD

kaspars115
9yr ago
1,204 jpops
permalink [i]I used to have a crush on my music teacher... !!!
She was really beautifull and actually kind of young too....
But she and HER HUSBAND ( :D ) Went to a different country so theres no point of remembering that ... :D
Still, its ok to fall for your teacher or even teachers :D ....
Only thing..Dont do anything that u can regreat later ... :P[/i] [edit]Last edit by kaspars115 on Wednesday 13 Jan, 2010 at 14:06 -96%[/edit][edit]Last edit by kaspars115 on Wednesday 13 Jan, 2010 at 14:04 +2.6%[/edit]

wetundertherain
9yr ago
1,558 jpops
permalink Anything is possible. Teacher aren't all ugly/old/creepy. Some of them are probably very attractive so in that sense, it's not weird. Just don't go too far with it.

taesukikishiro
9yr ago
6,929 jpops
Quote by mikachan
(Please forgive me if I put this topic in the wrong forum)

Alright. I think my new history teacher is cute. and I always feel awkward whenever i talk to him.
Is this weird? To like your teacher ?

ah i see like first love staring tackey and matsushima nanako eh :laugh:

uhm...how old are you? ;) ~well it's common in teenagers ages...

yeah they will attract to opposite person :D

well since he is your teacher ~ not :D good to have crush on him unless he have the same thought on you.... :laugh:

well, try just thought that teacher as your friend or big onichan^^

then you wouldn't be embarrased~~ :D

yeah, i'm also have that kind of thing when in school but later than i just thought that teacher as my buddy~~ when i'm close to him..

i think you'll temporarily have that feelings..perhaps :laugh:

but the better is just go find other boys~~ :laugh: :evil:

babyalien
9yr ago
8,783 jpops
permalink it's common in teenagers ages--> think that, too. Teenagers have this ideas and feelings, sometimes. For a pupil it is a nice imagination. For a pupil it is not weird.

But in my opinion a teacher should never feel or think about something like that. If she/he loves a pupil like this, he/she should not be a teacher. He/ she is unworthy to be a teacher. For a teacher it is weird and wrong!!!

tegoShei
9yr ago
1,107 jpops
permalink I guess it's really okay to like or have a crush to someone...
Even to teachers...
Experience wise... I also had a crush on one of my clinical instructors..
He's really cute:)
hahah... he's half japanese and I guess that was a plus point.. LOL
and our age gap is not that far.. He's 22 and I'm 19..
We are also close.. hahaha... and he knows I like him.. but it doesn't matter...
It's only in the level of LIKE and not beyond that... hahaha...
So... there's really nothing wrong with it! :)

xTomoya
9yr ago
145 jpops
permalink Nothing wrong really. I really do question all the biased opinions and hate towards things like this, like student-teacher relationship, homosexuals, older women and younger men, etc. Society might take it another way, might it's as good as any other relationship. Just my two cents.

I also don't think just because the teacher feels the same way towards the student, he/she then should not be qualified to be a teacher anymore. I'm guessing this is meant towards cases like a student that's 17 years old while the teacher is 42. Okay, maybe that might seem a little far-fetched, but what if the age difference was only 2 or 3 years? It seems normal doesn't it? :RBkiss: And of course, as long as it doesn't affect the teacher's professionalism, then it'd be fine.

There are too many boundaries towards relationships and love, it's kind of sad how sometimes two people in love with each other cannot be with each other because of society's take on it. :RBcrying:

yasoshlasuma
9yr ago
175,135 jpops
Quote by xTomoya
I also don't think just because the teacher feels the same way towards the student, he/she then should not be qualified to be a teacher anymore. I'm guessing this is meant towards cases like a student that's 17 years old while the teacher is 42. Okay, maybe that might seem a little far-fetched, but what if the age difference was only 2 or 3 years? It seems normal doesn't it? :RBkiss: And of course, as long as it doesn't affect the teacher's professionalism, then it'd be fine.

in some countries they dont alow student- teacher relationships even if they r only 2 -3 years apart in age. it is a trust thing parents trust teachers with their kids and a teacher dating their child could be a violation of that trust.

EndlessMomo
8yr ago
2,331 jpops
permalink I don't really know what to say about this, if it's a friendly relationship why not? But if it's beyond that... I think is wrong. Most of my teachers are females so I don't really know...

eyramhaye
8yr ago
10,657 jpops
permalink well, as they say, liking or falling in love with someone is something unpredictable. You don't choose whom you fall in love with or have a crush on. It's just that that certain person possesses something that attracts you to him/her.

I also had a crush on a professor of mine at university, but he's already getting married so. i'm a bit heartbroken.

It's normal to like someone regardless of age, status or personality. :)

kahtuandyo
8yr ago
1,376 jpops
permalink It's okay to have a crush over a teacher. But never ever fall for one, that would only complicate things.

You have to learn how to control your emotions. Use your emotions to strive harder, to study harder, instead of doing random acts just for you to get noticed by that teacher.

Use your teacher as an inspiration to study harder in his subject. But always keep in mind that things shouldn't be beyond your admiration for him.

Falling in love with him would definitely damage both your reputations at school. People would be making rumors about you (that's inevitable) and no matter how you defend yourself, you'll still end up being the joke of the town.

Koreenasha
8yr ago
1,520 jpops
permalink It might be somewhat inappropriate since he's your teacher, but almost everyone has had a crush on one teacher or another. For me, it was my 7th grade math teacher :)

kheurrhyun
8yr ago
8,486 jpops
permalink To like your professor is not a heinous crime that you shouldn't have. It's normal for a student to incline herself to her teacher, especially if your prof. is stunning or just cool to be with.

Maybe he'll get you inspired to get straight A in his class. That's a great intrinsic motivation to get you eager to study.

reincheira
8yr ago
1,046 jpops
permalink no, its not weird at all, even i have a crush on my professor but its a crush only and you should set limit or bounderies..

JKLuvEr
8yr ago
224 jpops
permalink I used to think that it was completely really weird, until this year.... there's this one Asian teacher at my HS and...O.M.G. This man is FIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE. :RBheart: Like FIIIIINEEEE :love: :love: . And I know it's not just me with my thing for Asians, ever girl in my school loves this guy. I personally, don't know him (Cause he isn't my teacher) but he walked up to be once and my heart was beating like crazy :shy: . He's too handsome. Anyways, back to the topic, I think it's ok to find your teacher attractive but it's a definite no to pursue a relationship with them.

babeedoll
8yr ago
1,023 jpops
permalink i think that falling in love with a teacher is not weird at all~ some people might think it's weird because of the age difference, but trust me, everyones different and everyone fell in love in a different way, so go for it~!! :D

seanto
8yr ago
2,165 jpops
permalink i dont think its weired, then again i went out with 2.

i went out with my pe teacher and we where going out before he even got the job at my school. most of the girls in my class where in luv with him but who wouldn't? after all he was tall, well built up with a 6 pack and had blonde hair. he was fit. :D he also happened to my best friend older brother.

i also had a short relationship with my art teacher but he left and went to work somewhere als before it went to far.

i think its normal to fall in love with teachers

loveHpeace
8yr ago
9,112 jpops
permalink I've had that happen before, but I didn't like him...lol It was just weird so I prefer female teachers.....i guess

pop317
8yr ago
946 jpops
permalink I wouldn't know but all my teachers are like really old but I've heard of a lot teacher student marriages. I believe in some countries it's illegal but they're actually pretty common around the world so I wouldn't worry about it.

MIROTIC
7yr ago
5,996 jpops
permalink I never want to date much older people. I only go 3 years apart or under 35. A teacher will be not wise if you can be wise to take a risk like that.

Victini
5yr ago
2,042 jpops
permalink no no no no he/she is gonna be consider a pedophile

stefyap
5yr ago
346,658 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

wali
5yr ago
3,745 jpops
permalink not weird. In Japan, many girls are couple with their teacher because of their taste.

Temezy
5yr ago
24,217 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

fireyshadow44
5yr ago
4,819 jpops
permalink Its fine as long as both parties are at legal age

aoki
5yr ago
10,384 jpops
permalink it was a good thing if we like our teacher.. it can make we always go to classes and try to understand the subjects.. haha.. nothing's wrong with it IF we have good intentions

Nightgaze
4yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink Well last year I had a crush on my super cute Japanese TA but it wasn't too bad since she was only 5 years older than me~ So I did have a couple 'dates' with her ;) Things didn't work out~ But I'm happy I went for it anyways :)

Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Student-teacher relationships
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service