Restricted videos?

23 posts  ·  created 2yr ago by RedBaron  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    J-Pop central    Restricted videos?

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink Twice now, I've clicked to watch the videos directly on dailymotion because I also wanted to share the link with a friend, only to get the following message:

Page not found
The page you're looking for is either restricted or doesn't exist

And yes, I do have an account on dailymotion.

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink Take THIS video added by Aysohmay:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x49e1f2

weebllikespie
2yr ago
710,910 jpops
permalink What's the name of the song/MV you are trying to view? In any case I can easily replace that video for you.

Alternatively, you could find the same MV on different video-sharing sites i.e. YouTube. Unless there's a regional restriction you and your friend should be able to view it.

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink ...

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink celebrity/aimer/videos/ninelie-with-chelly-from-egoist::57734.html

and

group/hkt48/videos/74-okubun-no-1-no-kimi-e-741::57385.html

They play fine on here, but when I click to watch them on dailymotion I get that stupid error message. :(

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink I better hope this is not another attempt for Japanese music industry to find excuse to block J-pop. If they're able to do it on Youtube, then maybe Dailymotion is next.

weebllikespie
2yr ago
710,910 jpops
permalink The problem is external to our site... we really can't do anything. I can't find suitable replacement vids for the ones you listed on other video-sharing sites either. And to be honest, the J-music industry has been going to all lengths to put regional restrictions on their PVs.

I'm getting the vibe that this thread was created to rant about restricted videos and not about problems with viewing videos on this site.

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink "I'm getting the vibe that this thread was created to rant about restricted videos and not about problems with viewing videos on this site."

Yeah, I'm starting to suspect that the Japanese industry are also not only going after YT, but also Dailymotion too. I was afraid of this.

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink What are the main companys in the Japanese music industry you speak of, MDO7?

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink @RedBaron

All of them. That explain why J-pop accessibility has become more restricted then ever. I think they're extending their restriction to Dailymotion, I remember a year ago a person from Japan was arrested for uploading stuff on Dailymotion. So I'm afraid Japanese companies are cracking down not only on upload on YT, but also on Dailymotion.

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink I was actually looking for names of the companies, so I could send them messages pointing out their short-sighted stupidity (Not everyone who likes jpop lives in Japan).

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink Well I don't know which companies own the right to that particular PV you point out, but good luck trying to convince them. Because I never seen international J-pop fans raising hell.

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink @RedBaron

I don't know if what you're going to do is going to get them to stop putting restriction on PVs/MVs. I mean I don't understand why J-pop fans didn't raise hell over accessibility issues like their K-pop counterpart did in 2013. I mean I never seen international J-pop fans doing this:

http://www.billboard.com/files/media/universal-music-kpop-comments-510.jpg

http://hype.my/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/giveuskpop-Twitter.png

Why international J-pop fans are not doing this like K-pop fans are doing is a mystery beyond me.

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink mdo7, I can't speak for other countries, but here in the USA people tend to be the laziest, most self-centered, and short-sighted people on the face of the Earth. They whine and complain a lot about things, but when you offer the chance to take action they come up with all sorts of excuses why they can't. :(

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink Whoa no need to insult USA or it's citizen. I don't know what country you're from. But if we're self-centered then how did K-pop become so big in the US.

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink MDO7, I (sadly) speak from experience. I have encountered plenty of people who complain about things, or who think something should be done, yet when offered the opportunity make excuses instead of taking action. For me, the latest one was trying to help organize various events to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Helix - out of over 1,000 members on a single FB group, only 21 showed an interest in getting active, and they were so widely spread apart that there was no way for them to meet physically to do things like gathering or parades. :(

RedBaron
2yr ago
1,735 jpops
permalink Not being insulting, just stating facts. I honestly wish such inaction by people in our country wasn't the case. In all, it's quite depressing.

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink Well it's not only the US, but looks like western J-pop fans are not being united or unified like their K-pop counterpart, I mean did you read this article:

INTERNATIONAL JAPANESE MUSIC FANS NOT RALLYING BEHIND DEMPAGUMI.INC TO WIN BEST WORLDWIDE ACT: ASIA. IS THIS A SIGN OF A LACK OF UNITY?

As I said, the J-pop/J-music fandom is scattered and not unified compared to their K-pop counterpart. That above article prove it and whatever I showed you seem to verified that international J-pop fandom aren't as big like their K-pop counterpart. It's the sad truth.

TheViperman
2yr ago
41,430 jpops
permalink I suspect that the uploader changed some settings to hide the vids from the preying music studios.

You can still watch them on Dm though. I can give you a hint. The button in the player gives you a share link, which in case of restricted vids doesn't work, so you need another source to get the right link. ;D

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink "I suspect that the uploader changed some settings to hide the vids from the preying music studios."

So I take it the Japanese companies are starting to crack down on Dailymotion too. So they're not only targeting Youtube.

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink Has there been any cases of J-pop/J-music MVs/PVs being removed on Dailymotion citing copyright infringement? If there has been any recently that means Japanese companies are starting to take Dailymotion more seriously like Youtube.

weebllikespie
2yr ago
710,910 jpops
permalink I'm pretty sure there has been. I've ran into a quite a number of videos where I was forced to replace Dailymotion videos with Jpopsuki ones because they have been removed as a result of copyright infringement.

mdo7
2yr ago
431 jpops
permalink @weebllikespie

My goodness, I think this mean Dailymotion could become the next battlefield for "removing J-pop" stuff on there just like they did on Youtube.

I'm not going to use Jpopsuki since they're ridiculously slow. Also I'm concern that Japanese companies may try to shut down Jpopsuki too. If they do that, then J-pop international fandom will not last long.

Back  |  Forums    J-Pop central    Restricted videos?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service