Overrated and Underrated groups

27 posts  ·  created 4yr ago by anadentone  ·  last post 1yr ago
Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    Overrated and Underrated groups

anadentone
4yr ago
22,837 jpops
permalink So whats are some overrated and some underrated groups?
Overrated: Golden bomber (sorry its just too commercial now T_T )
underrated: dog in the pwo,Born

Nightgaze
4yr ago
377,126 jpops
permalink I'm sorry to all of their fans out there but I think DIV is super overrated their music just doesn't seem that ground breaking to me same with ONE OK ROCK I like a couple songs from both bands but not many that's just my opinion though please don't hate me!
As for underrated bands xTRiPx and Purple Stone are super underrated!

IfntTaeYoung
4yr ago
68 jpops
permalink Ouch! Stabbed right through the heart! I like DIV, I thought their sound was unique. LOL. I guess we all have different tastes XD

JYChii
4yr ago
14,383 jpops
permalink I am a BIG FAN OF DIV... but DIV songs are overrated.... And underrated are... xTRIPx and UNiTE

Though there are more bands that more overrated than DIV such as the GazettE, SID, L' arc n ciel... Etc.....

(Though we need to face the truth that DIV is not an UNDERGROUND band.. But still I love them <3)

KumikoMichiyo
3yr ago
11,882 jpops
permalink Alright, I'm so so very sorry but I've gotta get this out of my system..
I seriously think the Gazette are overrated. Their fanbase is so huge but when I went to listen to their music I really wasn't that impressed.. (I'm not gonna say anymore than that..)
Okay.. feel free to kill me

Not sure about underrated bands..

XxGENESISxX
3yr ago
244,243 jpops
permalink Overrated... I can only think of OOK.

Underrated...well there's ACID, BOØWY, coldrain, and wrong city.

JYChii
3yr ago
14,383 jpops
permalink Overrated Girugamesh and Lm.c

Underrated.... Not sure... :D

lennielooloo
3yr ago
377 jpops
permalink Alice Nine, and Miyavi are overrated and X-JAPAN, Mejibray Rentrer en soi, The GazettE and SexMachineGuns are underrated sadly :(

megajrockfan
3yr ago
305 jpops
permalink I think the main point of an Overrated band is that they become extremely popular but do not get effectively better, or even keep up the pace of their previous albums and videos and that in my opinion are bands like ..
Gazette and dare i say An Cafe

underrated group i think are like

Art Cube and Psycho le Cemu

anadentone
3yr ago
22,837 jpops
permalink i found the gazette has lost their fizz. Everytime I see them its like D&G models. instead of jrock gods. I think many bands are still popular because they have a history. Sale wise the groups are failed.

anadentone
3yr ago
22,837 jpops
permalink oh and Psycho le cemu broke up ages ago :( Lead got busted for heroin and that was it :( They were the golden bomber before golden bomber.

megajrockfan
3yr ago
305 jpops
permalink Yeah but that why i feel people dont give them enough credit they were instant classic (atleast to me)

koto95
3yr ago
1,239 jpops
permalink the gazette and dir en grey are really overrated.
the sketchbook, VAMPS, indigo la end and Passepied are really underrated!

miakoichilover
3yr ago
600 jpops
permalink no offense to the fans but i think one okay rock and uverworld is really overrated they arent bad but theres nothing special about them >___<. i know lots of underrated bands some i will mention are panic channel,syndrome,la mule,velvet eden,blam honey,dio distraught overlord,shazna,deadman,nogod,due le quartz,raphael,unsraw and aikaryu.

IzuTaka
3yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink The most overrated is GazettE. When they come out with new songs I personally don't think their style really changed. I got tired of their songs since it never really interested me anymore. OOR is also overrated as well as UVERworld. There are more overrated ones.

As for underrated there is quite a lot and I think DELACROIX, Administrator, レイラ, and Sel'm are some. (Two if these bands are disbanded)

anadentone
3yr ago
22,837 jpops
permalink I cant even afford Gazette merch. Im kinda leaning towards SuG music being overrated. Their musics kinda gown downhill but they still dont flood the the tv screen. Same with GOlden Bomber. Musically, theyre still good but they've become too much of a product :(

mamokitty19
3yr ago
18,830 jpops
permalink Overrated: The GazettE
Underrated: ALSDEAD

anadentone
3yr ago
22,837 jpops
permalink their music just dont sound like the gazette or something any more. It just sounds watered down . Alsdead is hard core :O hey is your icon Yui from Unite?

mamokitty19
3yr ago
18,830 jpops
permalink Thank you! Finally someone agrees with me, like after Cassis I think everything pales in comparison. For their newest album I only look forward to half of it based on the preview. And yesh :3 i was really surprised by how much i liked them :D And it's actually Mamo from R-Shitei <3

SprinterXkyrie
3yr ago
911,782 jpops
permalink The Gazette! XDDDDD

mudri
3yr ago
198,134 jpops
permalink Westerners seem to overrate those bands that sing in understandable English, which invariably sound not so different from American alt rock. I can see why it happens, though: people start with what they're familiar with. I did the same, but it happened to lead me to Ajikan instead. So no hard feelings to Ellegarden fans.

I'm tempted to pick Bakudan Johnny as an underrated band. I usually describe them as having broad appeal, but they also put a lot of energy into their songs, making them quite lovable. Also, some mostly instrumental bands have a tendency to be overlooked. I can think of haisuinonasa, LITE and rega.

Rukako
3yr ago
5,684 jpops
permalink I love the GazettE but they are overrated. I love them but that is the truth.
Alice Nine, UVERworld, An Cafe, Hyde, L'arc en Ciel. I think SCANDAL is slightly overrated. Magistina Saga is an underrated band.

xxTQxx
3yr ago
1,730 jpops
permalink i think bands like Gazette, Dir en Grey or Miyavi are overrated, but i'm still a fan of them ;)
Bands like Deathgaze or Lynch are underrated, they need more attention 'cause there genius and unique Bands

KimiNoMeji
3yr ago
47,839 jpops
permalink I agree. GazettE is overrated.. I'm a major fan but they seem to have gotten god-like status in jrock..

MEJIBRAY is underrated, they need more attention, they are so talented and creative. ザアザア/Xaa Xaa is underrated too. They don't get that many views or much attention, maybe because they are new-ish. Same with The Gallo. Some japanese music companies should spend more money on PR.

JYChii
3yr ago
14,383 jpops
permalink Overrated- the GazettE
Underrated- NeiK

Shir0
2yr ago
5,498 jpops
permalink KRAD is pretty much underrated

Higiri
2yr ago
58,215 jpops
permalink Underrated: Dezert, The black swan

GutterChurl
1yr ago
77,120 jpops
permalink Overrated: An Cafe, Gackt, LM.C, Nightmare, Scandal, SuG (I actually think SuG are complete crap... I know, bite my head off, but they are. On the rare occasion that they do release a good song, Takeru often has to ruin it with his god-awful rapping. Haah, sorry, I really needed to get that outta my system!) Underrated: DELUHI, Moran, The Black Mages. Juri has, without a doubt, the best voice in J-rock, and Leda plays the best guitar, which is fitting, considering the fact that DELUHI are the best band in J-rock. There is a serious shortage of Japanese jazz rock bands such as Moran! I know people who play Final Fantasy, but barely any who know The Black Mages.

GutterChurl
1yr ago
77,120 jpops
permalink Oh, and Alice Nine. They're overrated too. Forgot to mention.

kichikiyoshi
1yr ago
11,580 jpops
permalink I think Overrated: OOR (when I used to hear them It wasn't like this but a few years later they became so commercials and obviously their music was the same as other groups of american rock), Gackt, the GazettE, An Cafe, LM.C Underrated: NOISEMAKER (they has an incredible potential and with A-sketch maybe everything will be fine like OOR in their beginning), SECONDWALL, SALTY DOG (sounds like FALILV but in a minor scale) and SWANKY DANK.

Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    Overrated and Underrated groups
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service