[Movie] The Princess and the Frog

22 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by WingedSphinx01  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Movies    [Movie] The Princess and the Frog

WingedSphinx01
9yr ago
53,345 jpops
permalink There were some rumors about this film being racist so I just wanted to write in to say that this is absolutely NOT TRUE! The Princess And The Frog is the best non Pixar animated movie that Disney has done in years! All the characters are beautifully drawn, the voice actors did a wonderful job in depicting them, and the music is really great! Considering the times in which the story takes place, Disney gives a very small nodd to Tianna's, the main characters and her family's, situation and status but doesn't come anywhere close to overduing it. The Villain is convincing enough, in that little kids will find him scary, but not too scary. There are some sad scenes( It Is Disney after all) but makes up for it with a heartwarming ending. The biggest difference about this film is that it doesn't tell you that all your dreams come true if you just wish upon a star. It counters some of the flaws it's older pervious movies have had and has Tianna enforce the fact that no matter how much magic may be out there, you still have to work hard to fullfill your dreams YOURSELF, or at least work hard enough to meet the magic halfway. Like Jasmine and Ariel Tianna's chracter is young and girly but strong and even a little headstrong so that girls and women alike can associate.

The story takes place in New Orleans. There Tianna, the main character and first African American Disney princess ( FINALLY) is the daughter of a seamstress who works for a rich family. There every night she reads Tianna and her client's daughter the story of The Frog Prince before bed. Years later as adults Tianna is working two full time jobs so she can save up to open her own restaraunt. Her lucky break comes when her old childhood friend, the rich man's daughter asks her to bake pastries for a party she is throwing. A handsome prince is comming to town to viset and it's that party that will welcome him. Little does anyone know that an evil Voodoo Man has turned that prince into a Frog and given his greedy servant a charm that will lend him the body of the prince. when the now very real frog prince sees Tianna at the party he mistakes her for a princess because she is so beautiful and asks her to kiss him. But Tianna is not a real princess. What would have worked backfires and turns Tianna into a frog as well. Now the two of them, along with their friends, a trumpet playing aligator and a simple minded yet brave firefly, must go deep into the swamps of New Orleans to find the good Voodoo Woman( who is the perfect fairy godmother type) and convince her to help them break the spell.

Of course I can't tell you what happens after that because that would ruin the moivie for you. But if your into this kinda stuff( And most Anime fans would be) then don't hesitate to go see the movie yourself.

himitsu05
6yr ago
3,294 jpops
permalink Went to the cinema to watch this with my best friend :)
Loved the music <3 Good Disney movie :moved:
I don't really think it's racist.

Lylo
6yr ago
15,895 jpops
permalink In America,it is sometimes labeled that way because of political correctness and all that jazz but the film was great. Rushed sometimes but great.

Though among my friends,some of them didn't like the fact that Prince Naveen wasn't black. I for one don't care. I'm just glad Disney gave this Prince a personality. :)

PAK
6yr ago
71,441 jpops
permalink Oh, I loved this movie so much. I watched it with my best friend, and her and I both really enjoyed it. :)

RagdollAlice23
6yr ago
257,914 jpops
permalink I dont think it was racist it may have been about being shallow cuz in the beginning Navin didnt like Tianna cuz she wanst a princess.. but later he learned that its not about being shallow or money its about being and loving yourself for who you are..

anyways I love this movie its super cute! I can do the accent for Ray and all my friends love it O:)

rainfairy
6yr ago
659 jpops
permalink wat the hell?it wasnt racist at all such acute and sweet movie

TeanAyu2004
6yr ago
8,750 jpops
permalink I LOVE this movie... but I love all those types of disney movies. Of course you will always have your haters and if you look hard you can cream at everything has raciest... but thats getting into something completely different.

Topazio
6yr ago
31,857 jpops
permalink I loved it too :), its story, characters, all about it. People are always judgmental, thats the world we live in. But I dont care what others say, Im glad they made this movie and everything about it.

HeroFan4Life
6yr ago
8,328 jpops
permalink I really like the movie! It's now one of my favorite movies. :)

eldudeisready
6yr ago
153,545 jpops
permalink great movie watched it with my mom she loves these kind of movies

sagaNsem
6yr ago
37,234 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

shadowblade330
5yr ago
48,472 jpops
permalink It was an interesting movie

LyrreChelle
5yr ago
10,588 jpops
permalink great movie. i watched it

yuyamegumi
5yr ago
4,910 jpops
permalink I love this movie. I don't see any bad things here, so I think that RUMOR is not true. for me, it is one of the MOST TOUCHING MOVIES THEY MADE. I like Tangled and this movie mostly.

yuyamegumi
5yr ago
4,910 jpops
permalink I love this movie. I don't see any bad things here, so I think that RUMOR is not true. for me, it is one of the MOST TOUCHING MOVIES THEY MADE. I like Tangled and this movie mostly.

Reighle13
5yr ago
17,010 jpops
permalink its a great movie..seen it with my family once

disneylandpirate
5yr ago
2,699 jpops
permalink So it's alright...I think Disney has done better movies in the past

KARAlex88
4yr ago
13,395 jpops
permalink it was a really nice movie :)

Nakigara
4yr ago
15,541 jpops
permalink I thought it was a really cute movie. But racist? No way. :\

lheijhoy
4yr ago
5,935 jpops
permalink i think this movie is cute..

eyramhaye
3yr ago
10,657 jpops
permalink I don't see anything racist about this movie at all. Maybe there are some discrepancies with some facts but racism wasn't really there.

yannychan
3yr ago
9,524 jpops
permalink I just don't like frogs kissing a humans :p ew! lol

Back  |  Forums    Movies    [Movie] The Princess and the Frog
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service