[Movie] DragonBall Evolution ( Live Action)

47 posts  ·  created 10yr ago by haunter001  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Movies    [Movie] DragonBall Evolution ( Live Action)

haunter001
10yr ago
351 jpops
permalink [i]I only hope doesnt go out a lot of the anime, like others[/i]

The young warrior Son Goku sets out on a quest, racing against time and the vengeful King Piccolo, to collect a set of seven magical orbs that will grant their wielder unlimited power.

D3422
10yr ago
24,590 jpops
permalink I heard Stephen Chow (cj7, sholin soccer) wasnt gunna direct it bc he only directs movies he writtes and that means its gunna suck..im not even gunna watch it until it hits itunes or sumtin

KFChizz
10yr ago
4,173 jpops
permalink I saw a preview, I don't really think that I'll enjoy this like the anime that was aired a few years ago.
I don't even know whether I want to see the movie or not,'it'll be to fake..

bluesweater
10yr ago
421,021 jpops
permalink Directed by: James Wong
Produced by: Stephen Chow & James Wong
Release date: April 8, 2009
Running time: 100 minutes

Synopsis
Goku (Justin Chatwin) goes on a journey to find Master Roshi (Chow Yun-Fat) and gather the seven mystical Dragon Balls before the evil Lord Piccolo (James Marsters) can. Along his way, he meets Bulma (Emmy Rossum) who then joins him to help him in his mission. When arriving at Roshi's place, he is not welcomed with an embrace but has to fight Roshi. Roshi soon learns that Goku is the grandson of Gohan (Randall Duk Kim) and thus trains him to prepare him for the ultimate battle with Lord Piccolo to prevent him from collecting the powerful Dragon Balls.
[img=250,right]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Oez8mKhaLMw/SZKSt3k0bLI/AAAAAAAAAIs/TuyRIYYTvjM/s1600/DB%2BEvolution.jpg[/img]
Cast
# Justin Chatwin as Goku
# James Marsters as Lord Piccolo
# Jamie Chung as Chi Chi
# Emmy Rossum as Bulma
# Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi
# Joon Park as Yamcha
# Eriko Tamura as Mai
# Texas Battle as Carey Fuller
# Luis Arrieta as Weaver
# Randall Duk Kim as Grandpa Gohan
# Ernie Hudson as Master Mutaito
# Shavon Kirksey as Emi

[size=8]Credit to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_(film)[/size][edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Monday 23 Feb, 2009 at 04:49 +2.1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Saturday 10 Jan, 2009 at 07:31 +3.8%[/edit]

EclecticEnergy
10yr ago
481 jpops
permalink OMG, I didn't even know about this! I told my sister, and she said our little brother had told her about it but she didn't believe him.

I didn't even have a desire to see the Speed Racer movie after I saw the trailer, and that was one of my favorite shows as a kid!

I guess I better go find a Dragonball trailer on YouTube....

Eh, I don't think I like this. [edit]Last edit by EclecticEnergy on Wednesday 14 Jan, 2009 at 21:48 -93.3%[/edit]

crayonpaint3
10yr ago
42 jpops
permalink I really doubt the movie will be any good, but I'm going to see it with a friend for kicks anyway.

Miki
10yr ago
2,873,619 jpops
permalink I have seen the trailer and was a bit disappointed, not exactly what I was hoping to see. Hopefully, it will not be that bad. Americans were never good with making re-makes or live-actions out of Japanese animes/films.

Zuki
10yr ago
3,251 jpops
permalink Mmm... I don't really know. I think I'll just have to go see to find out. Maybe they'll surprise me.

RollinStarhero
10yr ago
5,025 jpops
permalink saw the preview it doesn't look good i'm a fan of dragon ball the anime was way better

Innessa
10yr ago
4,049 jpops
permalink saw the preview as well

americans just cant pull these things off

no offense to anyone

josias
10yr ago
22,184 jpops
permalink howaaahh... i hope this movie will be in indonesia... i plan to watch it :RBohNo:

go DRAGON BALL!!! :rock: :rock:

ladyred
10yr ago
1,371 jpops
permalink Dragon Ball was the 1st anime i watched
i loved it
i will proberly watch the movie just to see what its like....but im not to sure if i'll like it or not :RBconfused:

topaz91385
10yr ago
1,728 jpops
permalink I'm such a big DB :totallylove: fan I have to see but I don't know how good it will be. The preview I saw made me sad :depressed: because the only one in the cast that looks like one of the DB characters is Piccolo. rawwwwwwwwwwww :RBveryAngry: it makes me sooo mad but I still have to see it I just can't help but see it anything DB I read or watch or play for good :) or for bad :RBcrying: .

ViciousCBx
10yr ago
5,875 jpops
permalink I too was disappointed when I saw the trailer. But, hopefully, it does well despite that. As then it will open the door for more Live Action anime based moives, or even just anime movies to be made.

FuyunoPropeller
10yr ago
1,754 jpops
permalink The trailer was disappointing, too. But I heard froma pre-release review that it has very nice graphics and sound, gonna watch it anyway since I'm a Dragonball fan :RBconfused:

Nozomi
10yr ago
3,945 jpops
permalink I also agree that most of the footage available seems a bit disappointing...
I'm a big DBZ fan (the first anime I watched!) and I hate to see the characters and story line messed up in a movie. But I keep my hopes up and I'll go see it when it hits the theaters in April.

CatLovers
10yr ago
118,151 jpops
permalink i have read about many people around the world comment that this movie is not good as they think.it have a lot different from the manga :RBundecided:

Ryu150
10yr ago
98 jpops
permalink well the trailer wasnt what i expected.. then again it kinda was X: ... it isnt looking good so far but uhh who knows we'll see when it comes out :| .... though I hope im wrong and this movie turns out to be great :cool:

Delaney
10yr ago
155 jpops
Quote by Innessa
saw the preview as well

americans just cant pull these things off

no offense to anyone

I agree 110%.

I saw a commercial for it; it looked horrible.

panda37kun
10yr ago
135 jpops
permalink I kind of annoys me using Western actors to act some of the Japanese characters. It takes the fun out. Truthfully, I really don't like it. I'm sure it won't be popular.

Miki
10yr ago
2,873,619 jpops
permalink I am not sure if it is worth watching this movie after seeing the trailer. I was really disappointed. I guess I will still watch it, but I have a bad feeling about it already.

Skeyume
10yr ago
2,564 jpops
permalink I will watch it, but I don't have high expectations..
Like Akira Toriyama said:

"As the original creator, I had a feeling of "Huh?" upon seeing the screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors, the staff, and the rest are nothing but "ultra" high-caliber people. Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!"

as you probably read in JPA's news section.

After watching the trailer, I feel that everything is so different than the anime/manga.

It's like you'll have to watch it in a neutral state of mind in order to like it because it will just irritate you otherwise or something.. but well u never actually know before you've seen it urself.

*There will be a sequel of this movie too O_O

lexicona
7yr ago
355 jpops
permalink Ahhh yesung got more attractive as years went on! I do like him a lot, but he reminds me of myself sooo much!

Skeyume
10yr ago
2,564 jpops
permalink But! I'm glad they're dropping the super sayian part of it, it would just look so fake, I just hope that the other animation is good, like the kame-hame-ha and stuff...

(sorry about the double post, too lazy to edit XD)

DewS
9yr ago
417 jpops
permalink I've seen some of the previews of Dragon Ball Evolution.

I thought it would be just the same as the Animé.
But I hardly see any of the characters back in it, which is a dissapointment.
I would've rather had a movie based on the Anime other than something completely different. But I think I'll go watch it anyway :)

Perfume4Ever
9yr ago
3,191 jpops
permalink This is one of the worst movies I'll ever see this year and a disgrace to the Dragonball franchise. What a disappointment to all the fans who expected something better. I'm hoping that the Japanese will do their own version in the future. A gigantic mess. Steer clear.

Hennu15
8yr ago
462 jpops
permalink I watched it, but it was pretty long time ago :RBundecided: I don't know, it was worth watching, but definately not my favourite. And I can't compare it to anime or manga, coz I haven't read&watched them.
It looked like cosplay in some parts.

turarachuu
8yr ago
1,640 jpops
permalink Okay so I heard this movie was really lame.
I dont think that gohan should have been a WHITE kid. I mean, Im white and I still think that D:
and bulma!! dont even get me started. :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry:

I really dont have any interest in this movie at ALL!

xxRYOSUKExx
8yr ago
106 jpops
permalink Blashpemy...utter blasphemy.

I hated that damn movie. They killed Dragon Ball Z. Period.

OMG, SINCE WHEN WAS THE KAMEHAMEHA WAVE FIRE?!?!?

Natsukii
8yr ago
4,162 jpops
permalink I love Dragon Ball series, so i watched it. And i hated it, they should never have made it!

NicoleCoelho
6yr ago
129,221 jpops
permalink I like it, but doesn't looks the anime.

TeaChan
6yr ago
33,332 jpops
permalink I watched it a long time ago. I not really like it.

eldudeisready
6yr ago
153,545 jpops
permalink watched it and was by far one of the worst movies i have watched no es good

Heema
6yr ago
1,790 jpops
permalink tottal failure :\

shadowblade330
6yr ago
48,472 jpops
permalink horrible not worth your time

klanco
6yr ago
82,768 jpops
permalink The best part of the movie was the ending song - Ayumi Hamasaki: Power

shadowblade330
6yr ago
48,472 jpops
permalink not good at all worst storyline ever

LyrreChelle
6yr ago
71,460 jpops
permalink I watched it a long time ago. I do not really like that movie.

TMlver085
6yr ago
7,443 jpops
permalink I saw Dragonball Z Evolution and I couldn't even finish it! I mean I understand wanting a different plot than the anime, but they totally messed it up. I'll stick to the anime.

KARAlex88
5yr ago
13,995 jpops
permalink i only ever watch it one time :o that's all is needed to be said but i love Dragon ball, Dragon ball Z and GT

Nakigara
5yr ago
15,541 jpops
permalink I watched the movie more than once to see if I would like it after watching it the first time and my opinion after watching it the first time stayed the same: It sucked and strayed too far away from the plot of Dragon Ball. Americans just cannot pull off Anime to live action movies. :\

IzuTaka
5yr ago
11,105 jpops
permalink They just ruined a perfectly good old show.. The live action was just utter trash in my opinion. :P

KARAlex88
4yr ago
13,995 jpops
permalink I didn't really care for it

weebllikespie
4yr ago
710,910 jpops
permalink Why is there even a forum topic for this spectacular flop of an adaptation? Maybe I should lock it right now so that people won't have to suffer seeing this thread (joke) :P

Goku is being bullied at [i]school[/i] in that movie because he's an absolute jerk... if that's any indication it's best that you just forget this movie ever existed.

XxGENESISxX
4yr ago
244,243 jpops
permalink Waste of time

kkooll1998
4yr ago
-719 jpops
permalink wins the award for the suckiest film ever made

anaksamea
3yr ago
10,679 jpops
permalink That was totally not good idea to make this movie.

Back  |  Forums    Movies    [Movie] DragonBall Evolution ( Live Action)
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service