most difficult language you had to learn?

198 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by nacho  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Languages    most difficult language you had to learn?

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink what was the most difficult language you had to learn and why? :)

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink Latin! I still learn it! It's really hard because of the grammar and all the declinations...OMG!You have the learn all the vocabulary with their other forms otherwise you fail immediately! :RBcrying:
However,it's really fun and interesting though! :)
Our teacher say always:
disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus
(Learn as if always going to live; live as if tomorrow going to die)

And if I make a mistake I say the famous words:
Errare humanum est!
(to err is human) :RBstickout:

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink hmmm Latin.. yeah... I had to take that in college.. lol pretty fun though...

my professor is now my colleague.. lol :D

the only words i can remember now are : puella and its declensions and quamquam

And the Pater Noster... lol[edit]Last edit by nacho on Monday 21 Apr, 2008 at 10:23 +50.8%[/edit]

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink cool :D
puella means girl, right?
and pater noster..hmm.. our father? xD and quamquam means altough :RBstickout:

What about you nacho? :)

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink hmmm... i guess it would be chinese because although i learned it in school since age 3 there are tones and characters to memorize... i always have a problem with the tones

Hokkien has 8, im not sure
and Mandarin has 5

i always end up saying the wrong word.. =.=

yeah pater noster as in the christian prayer... lol our teacher taught us that.. since my country is largely roman catholic... ^^

Chouchou
1decennia ago
63,082 jpops
permalink Haha Dilachan, great saying! :D

I can imagine those languages would be really hard to learn. :RBconfused: But awesome you two are doing that! :) It will surely give you adrenaline when you can communicate (speak/read/understand) a little bit in that language ne..

The hardest language I had to learn (well, I choose it myself, but it was for school), I would have to say that's French. I can read and write it without any problems, but when a French person begins to start talking I get totally lost. :RBcrying:

Also, I'm not willing to say it out loud, but I quite suck at English. I don't understand anything of the grammar and my pronunciation is baaaad. :RBsealed:

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink Hehe, it's always fun to say it :)

Oh yeah nacho!I'm really sure chinese is really hard! :RBconfused: Great that you did it! :)

:RBconfused: I know what you mean Chouchou!Same for me!!French persons talk really fast.I get also lost. :D
Well, French is also not that easy!I hate all this verbs and their declinations :RBcrying: :D

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink declinations =.= latin also has that and german lol.. i suck at them... especially german declensions.. and genders.. and cases.. lol..

chouchou, your english isn't bad.. lol at least from what i read in your posts.. ^^

wow you guys are lucky 'cause your schools make you study a lot of languages. here, we are only required to learn english aside from the national language.

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink lol, yeah somehow.But still it's not easy to learn so many languages at the same time, esp. for me. :joops:
But I think german is easier than latin.I'm just learning the participle perfect passive :RBcrying: or sth like that :RBconfused:
It's maybe not that difficult but confusing. :RBohNo: Well I'm going to write a test on this friday :RBangry: I already repeat all the declinations! :RBcrying: :)
Though I'm really good in translation. ;)

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink my german sucks.. . lol... i always seem to forget something since there are so many things to consider... cases must be correct, verb declensions, endings of adjectives and articles, genders... lol it's enough to drive me crazy...

i learned latin, spanish and german at the same time... lol... that may be why i haven't mastered any of them... :annoyed:

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink I would like to help you with german if you need help :)
Yup, that's what I meant!If you learn so many languages at the same time it's hard to master even one of them :RBohNo: :D

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink :boogie: yay!!! :boogie:

thanks! my german is seriously rusty 'cause it's been so long since i spoke to anyone in german... lol... i can only speak work-related stuff in German... which isn't relly helpful since who wants to talk about applications and orders and invoices in german anyway... lol

is german your native tongue?

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink :D lol.Oh I thought you're still learning it :shocked: Nevertheless I can help you if you have a request! :joops:
Nope.I came to Germany when I was 5 years old.I'm turkish. :) [edit]Last edit by dilaChan on Tuesday 22 Apr, 2008 at 15:31 +2.1%[/edit]

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink hmmm... but i guess you speak German fluently... probably as a 2nd language... since kids exposed to other languages at that age learn pretty quickly...

lol... i learned German in the university. i was a language major. unfortunately, i was an indifferent student at best... lol so i never really became very good at it... plus it is hard to learn a language when you only get to use it in class.. ^^

so u also speak Turkish? that plus french plus English plus german... and latin... wow!

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink Yeah that's right.I use French just in class.That's probabaly the reason why I'm bad in it. :RBstickout:
Well yup,I do speak Turkish and German fluently.And a little bit greek 'cause my father is 1/4 greek. :STbigSmile: But just speaking not writing! :RBconfused: Greek is also a very very difficult language!

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink i heard greek is one of the most difficult languages to learn...

keoskey
1decennia ago
638 jpops
permalink japanease was hard for me but i got it down like a clown down in china town

and i thaught for the rest of the world english was that hardest language to learn.

(おはようございます)
(good morning)

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink Hmm, and I also think Turkish was really hard for me to learn.Because I grew up in Germany and talked all the time German.My Turkish is still not that good :RBfrown: although I can speak fluently.It was hard to learn it beacause I couldn't compare it with German!
In Turkish you don't use any articles and other difficult grammar like German.For those who learned German, you surely know how difficult it is. xD
Though Turkish is also hard in his own way. :RBconfused: They're really lots of words from old turkish and they're are pretty weird but important.I don't know all of them at all. :RBohNo:
Well,all I want to say is that it's a really different language than German or French!I'm always confused when my mother asks me for translations. :D

And yes!Greek has really REALLY!! difficult grammar! :RBconfused:

SakuraDanielle
1decennia ago
6 jpops
permalink Been slowly learning japanese. Don't think its that hard but Turkish I would faint. I heard its really hard.

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink hmmm... that makes me very curious about turkish... i've always been interested in the more difficult languages... lol... for some reason i like learning them... that's why i took german... they said it was harder than french and spanish...

iono about german being harder than spanish though, since spanish subjunctive moods are difficult too... and french... i never learned so i can't compare...

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink :D I don't know spanish yet so I can't compare it either.
But let's do examples! :)

English: I go home.
German: Ich gehe nach Hause.
French: Je vais a la maison.
Latin: (Ego) eo in domum.
Turkish: (Ben) eve gidiyorum.

"Ego" and "Ben" mean "I", they're in paranthesis because in Latin and Turkish you don't need to use the personal pronouns.The verb forms are enough!But you can if you want it, of course. :) I underlined the verb form which shows that they mean "I" go.Also Turkish doesn't have any prepositions, so far I know xD. You just add different endings to the noun. Don't exactly know how to explain. :RBfrown: It might be difficult.But I can't know because I can add it automatically. :)

However,anyone who wants to continue the sentence with other languages? :RBhalo: [edit]Last edit by dilaChan on Saturday 26 Apr, 2008 at 10:56 +34.1%[/edit]

Muffin
1decennia ago
2,783 jpops
Quote by dilaChan

However,anyone who wants to continue the sentence with other languages? :RBhalo:

Yup. Dutch. 8D
Dutch: Ik ga naar huis

Till now, my most difficult language is german, really! o: I don't get the verb-thing, with 'Der', 'Die' and 'das' (and then more of those).. haha! XD

It's really great here -and then I mean Jpopasia.com-, all the different kinds of languages. :3[edit]Last edit by Muffin on Monday 05 May, 2008 at 22:57 +9.9%[/edit]

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
Quote by Muffin
[Quote by dilaChan]

Yup. Dutch. 8D
Dutch: Ik ga naar huis

Till now, my most difficult language is german, really! o: I don't get the verb-thing, with 'Der', 'Die' and 'das' (and then more of those).. haha! XD

It's really great here -and then I mean Jpopasia.com-, all the different kinds of languages. :3

Spanish I believe would be -

Spanish: (Yo) voy la casa.[edit]Last edit by CharlesDefon on Tuesday 06 May, 2008 at 04:59 +6.8%[/edit]

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink Great! thank you, you two ^^

@Muffin: yeah I hate that too!! Turkish doesn't have any articels xD

lisallend
1decennia ago
80 jpops
permalink american sign language?...
i wanted to learn it very bad last yr...

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink O.o american sign language... kewl.. my friend has this book with all the signs... we learn to say/sign "spaghetti" and "wine"

XinRaiku
1decennia ago
1,891 jpops
permalink My sister used to make fun of me with sign language, she had this book, and I used to want to kill her. She never shared with me. :RBcrying:

Mihiyumi25
1decennia ago
2,208 jpops
permalink Chinese isn't really that hard :)
:RBundecided: I think japanese is more harder

kammiya
1decennia ago
1,566 jpops
permalink I don't think japanese is that hard :) it took me a bit of time to learn english and well, my native tongue is spanish (people say spanish is pretty difficult :RBconfused: )

Hola.. como estan? alguien por aqui habla espanol?

josias
1decennia ago
22,184 jpops
permalink chinese languange (hanzi & pin yin).. :jcry: :jcry:
arabic (x~x~x~x).. :jcry: :jcry:
korean.. :jcry: :jcry:

saturn language or all alien language.. :worried: :worried:

all animals language.. :worried: :worried:

i serious.. :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

i only can speak indonesian :mad1: :mad1:
:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Cursexangel
1decennia ago
2,847 jpops
permalink chinese ~she wants us to know how write the characters and the pinyin of the characters and how to tell the tones apart :RBcrying:
it kills my brain

taemina
1decennia ago
1,610 jpops
permalink I'm not learning it yet but will learn.

Mandarin is gonna be hard man.

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
Quote by kammiya
I don't think japanese is that hard :) it took me a bit of time to learn english and well, my native tongue is spanish (people say spanish is pretty difficult :RBconfused: )

Hola.. como estan? alguien por aqui habla espanol?

i studied spanish back in college. but i wasn't a very good student. lol the subjuctive moods kill me..

CursedDice
10yr ago
124 jpops
permalink Well I tried to learn German but it didn't work at all lol :D

nacho
10yr ago
21,523 jpops
permalink chinese is hard to learn. all the characters that you need to memorize. plus the tones. :) the grammar part is easy though. :)

German.. didn't work too well for me either... lol... well, i'm still trying to improve my German..

HONEYSKISS
10yr ago
171 jpops
permalink i have to say french. thats the most hardest language that i tried to learn and its all because of the fact i could not make complete sentence. i knew simple phrases and stuff but when it came time to creat my own sentence, weather it was in past, present, or future tense i would always fail the quiz my teacher gave me.

KamioShinji
10yr ago
419 jpops
permalink For me is Arabic.I get really confused because a sentence depends on the situation,gender,time,,,,My parents make me and my other siblings learn it.It is a must for each member of my family to learn it.So stress :RBconfused:

ElluMellu
10yr ago
283 jpops
permalink For me the most difficult language would be Russian...I can read/spell it and i understand it little bit...But making sentences? NO :RBcrying: ..I regret, that i didn´t study it in 6th grade properly.
[size=9]
And Estonian is quite hard too (altought it´s my national language, i still sometimes make many mistakes in writing)[/size]

Lin
10yr ago
3,872 jpops
permalink I'm from Holland and I've learned France for three years.
The first year was great. I was very good in it but the other two years were horrible. I really messed it up. :RBcrying:
English is okay, it's not that hard. :RBstickout:
I'm learning Japanese right now. It's not that hard either.
I also learn German and that is okay, only with the Grammatik .... :RBconfused:
Dutch is for me easy, but I think Dutch is a very annoying language!!!
I also don't like to speak it.
But the hardest language is france, for me!!! :RBcrying:

purple103
10yr ago
2,685 jpops
permalink i think it's Chinese..
Thee's to many difficult characters..
n i always use the wrong tones...
:RBconfused: :RBconfused: :RBconfused:

Jamasunda
10yr ago
1,458 jpops
permalink Danish ._. I swear. Spoken Danish and written Danish are not the same languages D= And every Danish person has a different Danish accent, GAH!

darkErik
10yr ago
621 jpops
Quote by dilaChan
:D I don't know spanish yet so I can't compare it either.
But let's do examples! :)

"Ego" and "Ben" mean "I", they're in paranthesis because in Latin and Turkish you don't need to use the personal pronouns.The verb forms are enough!But you can if you want it, of course. :) I underlined the verb form which shows that they mean "I" go.Also Turkish doesn't have any prepositions, so far I know xD. You just add different endings to the noun. Don't exactly know how to explain. :RBfrown: It might be difficult.But I can't know because I can add it automatically. :)

However,anyone who wants to continue the sentence with other languages? :RBhalo:

Italian: Io vado a casa

Anyway, the Latin sentence may be written this way

Latin: [b](Ego) eo domum.

because domus, us doesn't need any preposition ^^
to say
at home=domo
towards home=domum

and other cases i don't remember o_o''' latin is so difficult and every sentence is long 10 lines ç_ç

dilaChan
10yr ago
24,609 jpops
permalink hehe oh now I know, but I didn't know this the time I wrote that.Thank anyway and your right. now latin is like killing me ><

and btw have been learning spanish for two month :RBhalo:

Spanish: Voy a la casa. [edit]Last edit by dilaChan on Friday 28 Nov, 2008 at 22:29 +43.8%[/edit]

shanti
10yr ago
32,010 jpops
permalink now I have the song 'vamos a la playa'stuck in my head because of that voy a la casaXDlol

and dont know what the most diffidult one is....hmmm....have no problems (yet) with learning languagesXD

darkErik
10yr ago
621 jpops
Quote by dilaChan
hehe oh now I know, but I didn't know this the time I wrote that.Thank anyway and your right. now latin is like killing me ><

and btw have been learning spanish for two month :RBhalo:

Spanish: Voy a la casa.

if you need help, call me ^^

kazuo
10yr ago
294 jpops
permalink Mandarin
ugh...
i didn't even try to make sense of the language

0yukitenshi0
10yr ago
128 jpops
permalink someone here tried to learn the language of thailand?

and I think the most difficult language are french, spnish and those that came from latin and greek

cookie
10yr ago
225 jpops
permalink Well, I guess finnish isn't counted because it's my national language.. (but it's pretty hard thought. I can conjugate even my own name in 14 different grammatical cases :RBstickout: ) So I'll say japanese :)[edit]Last edit by cookie on Monday 22 Dec, 2008 at 21:23 +1.7%[/edit]

lexicona
10yr ago
355 jpops
permalink I am a native English speaker, and I still don't know all of the rules and words. Kudos to all of you who didn't speak it originally. If I didn't grow up with it, I would never have learned it.

Besides that, Japanese is pretty difficult.
Spanish wasn't too bad. I just have problems with the verb tenses.

MiiMiiTKM
9yr ago
418 jpops
permalink English was hard for me at first.
And I'm learning Japanese now and it's very difficult.
Why?
Because it's so much different from English...starting with the sentence order o.O

Back  |  Forums    Languages    most difficult language you had to learn?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service