More confused by an Asian music video AFTER you see the lyrics!

11 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by CorrinaLee  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    General music    More confused by an Asian music video AFTER you see the lyrics!

CorrinaLee
6yr ago
936 jpops
permalink Have you ever been more confused about an Asian music video after you see an English (or whatever your native language may be) translation? :) Haha or am I just too much of a simpleton? Unfortunately, I only speak English, so I am completely at the mercy of the translators.... but I wonder if they just put confusing stuff in there at times. The most confusing video I've ever seen after viewing the lyrics was Dir en Grey's "Obscure." But maybe that's just because I was scarred by the content of the video... :D Anything like that ever happen to you?

weebllikespie
6yr ago
711,813 jpops
permalink It sometimes happen to me. An example would be After School's Shampoo. The lyrics is about shampoo but the MV is anything but! It has nothing to do with shampoo! I just got confused and I just lost it :confused:

YukiLee
6yr ago
475 jpops
permalink True I agree. Sometimes you just wonder if you shoud take the video in consideration or only care about the song. Troublesome.

maimomoko
6yr ago
211 jpops
permalink Haha, I don't know, I always think about things so deeply that I can find a connection somewhere.

rhaigne07
6yr ago
16,308 jpops
permalink HAPPENS many times to me..haha.....especially when it comes to jrock.. xD
in jpop, i don't encounter many cases like this :D

Hannahia
6yr ago
11,550 jpops
permalink Sometimes was :D

elenko94
6yr ago
2,053,962 jpops
permalink I think that lyrics written in foreign languages have its meaning lost in translation. Just like there are certain words and feelings in your language that not necessarily got an equivalent in other languages. But yes, it has definitely happened and blaming it on language boundaries doesn't work, sometimes it's just a poorly made MV xD

kide777
6yr ago
76 jpops
permalink Things like this happens a lot even in my native language which I understand well.
We could say that those are poor MVs. Surprisingly, the number of top artist who have those kind of poor MVs are many too... :D

RagdollAlice23
6yr ago
258,514 jpops
permalink Sometime I dont really think that, I listen to the music video and if I know some words in Korean I know more or less about it. Plus how they sing it and the beat goes and their facial expressions help me to understand it with out lyrics I guess it depends on the person

HeroFan4Life
6yr ago
8,328 jpops
permalink Yeah, that happens to me sometimes. XD

xianniah
2yr ago
4,795 jpops
permalink i am mostly confused with kpop mv. hahaha..
buti have grown used to it...
or but maybe, there are translations that are very literal, but in that particular language or asian songs, it was referring to some idioms or proverbs. well..

Back  |  Forums    General music    More confused by an Asian music video AFTER you see the lyrics!
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service