Live action...love em or hate em...

64 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by Itadakimasu  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Movies    Live action...love em or hate em...

Itadakimasu
9yr ago
838 jpops
permalink For all us anime fans, we'll all love to see what our favourite anime characters would look like in 'human form'. So i'm asking, do you think that the live action movies are done better than the anime it came from? Do you love the live action more or hate them?

KawaiiMeganekko
9yr ago
1,028 jpops
permalink Death note was pretty good . but dragon ball z was a mess. I guess i hate and love them

KawaiiMeganekko
9yr ago
1,028 jpops
permalink oh and i love your name :RBhalo:

kai09
9yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink well it depends on how it was played "live-action'-ly XD
depends on the characters, the plot, their acting. lots of factors.

i've seen crappy live action series, but there are some which are really good. like for example, the Japanese live-action series of Honey and Clover (cause i think there's a Chinese adaptation...). i've watched a few episodes. i was surprised that the live-action Hagu didn't even look like the anime Hagu; nevertheless, it was really funny (because of Ikuta Toma :RBhalo: ), albeit the storyline is a bit different from the original plot.

tomosHirou
9yr ago
220 jpops
permalink Live action is okay but i prefer watching anime...it's because live actions are usually cut and not as detailed as the anime version.. and that's what makes me kind of hate it..but it still like it! :D
I like it because the anime characters are portrayed by famous japanese artists..
for example, nodame cantabile anime..and the live action version...although the story is nice, i'd prefer the live action because it is kind of musical and Chiaki-senpai is really cool and handsome in the live one.. (tamaki hiroshi) and nodame really looked cute.. :))

:RBheart:

and..hmm..another i don't like about live versions... for example, in Lovely complex, otani is not really THAT small as compared to the anime one..and his partner is not very tall... she just looks tall because of her hair and she is taller in just a few millimeters?? :RBstickout:

:D

Itadakimasu
9yr ago
838 jpops
permalink well the only way i will love a live action for a particular anime is if they make the characters look exactly like the anime ones, it doesn't really matter with the plot. however, they totally screwed up that DragonBall movie...it was officially the worst i have ever seen.

musicforlove
9yr ago
4,148 jpops
permalink Yup i totally agree!! Death note really rocked :rock:
But DragonBall was a total faliure :RBveryAngry: :RBveryAngry: and i was so looking forward to it :RBcrying:

SixPackSamurai
9yr ago
1,569 jpops
permalink I think live action can be good if it's not just slapped together to cash in on a series' success.

I'd actually really look forward to a well-done live-action anime movie.

And with so many lined up to be made for release here in the U.S., it will interesting to see how they will do in the next couple years (as they get released).

marga
9yr ago
6,108 jpops
permalink umm..
i think live action is something i like :)
hahaha...
i can see the emotions more than the manga or anime because real people are doing the actions :)
i know some would totally disagree with my opinion in the above statement..
but i really prefer live actions :)

doggtoo
9yr ago
2,017 jpops
permalink Live-Action-!!!

...as long as it's not another freakin' [i]'Dragonball: Evolution'[/i] flick. :RBcrying: a, wth were they thinking-?? situation for sure....! glad i saw it Online instead of blowing money on it...

but damn I liked the lady that played Goku's girl-friend!! [i]she was just SO HOT!!!! [/i] :otsu: :boogie: [size=9][size=7][i]*drooling as i smoke from the lust & heat*[/i][/size] :RBstickout: :totallylove: :laugh:[/size][edit]Last edit by doggtoo on Friday 20 Nov, 2009 at 16:39 +5%[/edit]

justTOP
8yr ago
1,420 jpops
permalink I love live action.I always excited with Live action.wanna know how they cbecome real in life.So,I love live action.I only watched Death Note:L change the world and found it really awesome.Especially with Ken'ichi Matsuyama as L.He acting is totally good.He could play as L as same in manga.About the story,I think is not special but That was good because in movie L doesnt died because of Kira :RBstickout: .But I dissopaoted with Tatsuya Fujiwara act.He too much,not elegan.He unlike Kira at all.well,only my opinion.Above all,Death note is good and my favorite movie :RBstickout:

seicha
8yr ago
175 jpops

mm..I love live-action.They're not bad.I like NANA and Death Note[Kenichi Matsuyama very cool in this movie :RBheart: ]!and although I never watch Hanakimi but I think is good.That so very popular and make me interest too.
so,I think I love Live-action! :)

Miki
8yr ago
2,870,289 jpops
Quote by tomosHirou
and..hmm..another i don't like about live versions... for example, in Lovely complex, otani is not really THAT small as compared to the anime one..and his partner is not very tall... she just looks tall because of her hair and she is taller in just a few millimeters?? :RBstickout:
:D

both Ema and Teppei and are actually the same height.

well, it's either hit or miss and there is no in between.
so far almost all live-action were good, except Dragonball Z, Americans don't have a clue how to film movies based on manga. I loved all Japanese tho.

himeyuri
8yr ago
7,045 jpops
permalink It depends on the characters and the plot,'cause sometimes they change it.

eyramhaye
8yr ago
10,657 jpops
permalink some live actions are really good. Some could even be considered better than the anime or manga from which they were adopted from. And i do appreciate some live actions like that of detective conan, during the tenth anniversary, and of course, yamato nadeshiko shichi henge ( i sure loved kamenashi kazuya there!). :RBheart: :RBheart:

However, we should also face that fact that there are badly done live actions and they just don't give the characters justice or they change the plot too much.

But still, i guess you can't fully hate or love 'em. :D :D

Newkrzy
8yr ago
133 jpops
permalink God....every live action movies that were adapted from either games or anime sucked balls!!! The only one live-action movie that were decently done (adapted from American cartoon, that's right you heard it) was Ben 10: Alien swarm. When I watched it, I was like "Wow, now this is what live action adaptions should be" Trust me, you won't be disappointed. It's not anything mind-blowing but it's definitely not disappointing compared to all the other kinds of craps of live action adaptation.

DMluvMusic
8yr ago
224 jpops
permalink 50/50. I won't like the movie IF I don't know the original storyline but the movie is enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to Tekken and Last Airbender. Those two I don't really play the video game or watch the anime.

For Tekken, I'm only gonna watching it for my favorite martial artist, Jon Foo, because it's going to be his first time playing as lead role. :RBohNo:

And for Last Airbender, I'm only gonna watching it for the martial arts and effects. ;)

KeeWee
8yr ago
590 jpops
permalink Death Note movies one and two were great. I loved the actor who played L in both of them, though the CG was so terrible in the movies! Well, at least for Ryuk, Ren was fine. And I didn't really like the actor who played Raito, He was a bit over-dramatic in my opinion. I haven't really seen anyother live action movies (besides The Last Airbender) other than Death Note.

xxchounichixx
8yr ago
-31,410 jpops
permalink AhH~ I love it!! And most of those action movies were also suspense, right!~
Oh~and of course I will love it more if the movie is kinda more realistic and not kinda weird or impossible to happen!~..>.<

badeth
8yr ago
13,124 jpops
permalink i love live action especially if the actors portray the role nice and great

lizladyninja
8yr ago
697 jpops
permalink I have a love hate relationship with them. For the most part they are okay. I think it is better instead of a live action movie, like Dragon Ball Z to go with a more serialized TV show. I recently watched Hana Yori Dango, and really enjoyed it. Matsujun... lets just say there were moments where he warmed my heart, and other moments where he could have used a good slap.

But I also watched the live action Higurashi no naku koro ni... I didn't enjoy it. And I love J*Horror. So... it just depends on the show really. Some things should just stay in their anime form. I think you can't get everything crammed into a 90 minute movie. To really make a live action do well I think you need to do it in a TV show.

I'd like to compare Perfect Blue. I hear there is a live action of that. I haven't been able to find it yet, but I loved the anime. May Satoshi Kon rest in peace!

I think I like my anime to be anime. (My friends and I use the term live action to refer to Japanese movies that are not anime, not just movies adapted from anime with real people. So it can get confusing for us! :RBstickout: ) Though I'm always okay with a good feature film like One Missed Call, thats not based off an anime, with real people.

Zeeppo
7yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink It really depends on the movie. I mean a live action Winnie the Pooh would probably be scary as heck. I like the live action smurfs better than the original cartoon. Granted I was not a huge fan of the smurfs.

I really like the new Live action Yamato movie. It was great even with the strange stuff they did with the Gamalons.

shadownights99
7yr ago
65,040 jpops
permalink a live action Winnie The Pooh would be scary just coz of mmm mm gao

but a japanese live action of Inuyasha would be so COOL i love japanese live action movies

JustIronic
7yr ago
1,074 jpops
permalink Depends. Some are really good, some are not. Yeah, for me it definitely depends on the original anime and on how the live action is directed, casted and acted.

karmeejane26
7yr ago
27,202 jpops
permalink well, live action is okay for me... depending if the story is kinda the same with the anime... and also based on the characters portraying the role

meri
7yr ago
1,320 jpops
permalink How nearly everybody said: It really depends.
I hate it when they make an anime out of a manga, and it turns out horrible although the manga was reaaally good. In this case, the live action can maybe make something up. Or it can make things even worse . heh

The other case, if the manga and the anime were great, it really depends on how the actors act, the plot, etc....

Well, I like them though :)

darksama
6yr ago
828,218 jpops
permalink depends again... ROFL
sometimes it's better to stay as an original one rather than having the live action or anime.. cause they might change the plot. but some live actions are nice and cool just like their anime and manga. like Usagi Drop, Gantz, DN.

animebubble
6yr ago
19 jpops
permalink I usually like them, but it really depends. I loved Death note, and Gantz wasn't bad. Nodame, Paradise kiss, Kimi ni todoke etc are pretty good too :) Lovely complex was.. meh

But there are some that I absolutely detest! Like Ouran High school host club.. (bleh, I adored the manga and was happy with the anime... but the drama :( ) High school debut was terrible as well :( The detective Conan live-actions are pretty bad as well.

YukiLee
6yr ago
2,032 jpops
permalink I like some live action from time to time. It's advertising and changes from comedies or romantic event though sometimes you can find some in LAmovies.

mochimochi
6yr ago
163,034 jpops
permalink Love it!!! :3

lheijhoy
6yr ago
5,935 jpops
permalink ..it depends on how it was played.. :D

sora3453
6yr ago
46,489 jpops
permalink I watched Sailor Moon live action and it was amazing!! I love the characters and the clothes and graphics!
I also watched Skip Beat live action, I think the anime was better. The first episodes of the drama were a little boring, not too much happened there.

Camio
6yr ago
1,460 jpops
permalink With me, it depends on acting, character,... Even our feeling at the time we saw :)

yesilfare
6yr ago
1,076 jpops
permalink I like live actions if it's well played

shadowblade330
6yr ago
48,472 jpops
permalink Only like them if they are done well otherwise they are crap

darksama
6yr ago
828,218 jpops
permalink well depends on situations....

lheijhoy
6yr ago
5,935 jpops
permalink it depends on how it's done :)

annyss
5yr ago
379,847 jpops
permalink It's depend. Sometimes on live action, I can feel they acting awkwardly, unlike in anime version. So, it's kinda frustrating too. I think in anime, their voices, face expression are better. But I don't hate live action.

Reighle13
5yr ago
22,479 jpops
permalink live action is ok...as long as the actors portrayed the characters so well

Nakigara
5yr ago
15,541 jpops
permalink It really depends, is all. Like the Live Action Rurouni Kenshin movie, that was well made! :D And also the Live Action Death Note movies well! Those two are my favorite live action movies of all time.

pinktopaz
5yr ago
1,782 jpops
permalink I love them. :) I love to see actual people.

TEPPEIholic
5yr ago
348,108 jpops
permalink I prefer the anime but having a live action is good too, it depends on the actors though if they can act like the ones in anime..

llheathot
5yr ago
5,519 jpops
permalink It depends. Recently, most I watch it was disappointing :)

Bellasmatte
5yr ago
-2,984 jpops
permalink it depends. sometimes its good and sometimes its not so good! then some animes are easier and better to do as live actions then other!^^

disneylandpirate
5yr ago
2,699 jpops
permalink I've never seen one to be honest

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
42,447 jpops
permalink never seen one!

nihonnotsuki
5yr ago
22,961 jpops
permalink To me it depends on the kind of anime! If it is one with special powers and technics then it seams a bit off when it is done live-action. But when it is actually a ``realistic`` anime then the liveaction might be good.
I really liked the Death Note one actually! Even liked its ending better!

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
42,447 jpops
permalink never seen one o-o

JpopKpopLover94
5yr ago
249,996 jpops
permalink i love them

KARAlex88
5yr ago
13,995 jpops
permalink in opinion some are good and some are bad. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i like some and others i don't. that's just me though :)

Back  |  Forums    Movies    Live action...love em or hate em...
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service