K-HipHop & K-R'n'B

4 posts  ·  created 3yr ago by CloudStrifey  ·  last post 7mo ago
Back  |  Forums    K-Pop central    K-HipHop & K-R'n'B

CloudStrifey
3yr ago
79,078 jpops
permalink I don't think there's a topic like this (delete it if I'm wrong), but without further ado...

Yo! This is the Korean Hip Hop and R'n'B topic! Over the course of the year, I have become an avid K-Hiphop & K-R'n'B fan, loving the gritty scene. As big as music is in Korea, it is difficult to find other khh fans too, so I decided to create this topic to share interests about rappers, songs, shows, and everything else.

A few questions to get started:
>Who is/are your favourite khh/krnb artist?
[i]Mine are Zico, Iron, Giriboy, Blacknut, Jooyoung, Jungiggo, Gray, Nochang, Keith Ape etc.[/i]

>Do you have a favourite khh/krnb song?
[i]I currently love Turtle Ship (Mino, AndUp, Ja Mezz), More (Just Music), Allday (Nochang ft. Tablo)[/i]

>Any future khh/krnb releases that you're excited about?
[i]I'm so pumped for Giriboy's new album![/i]

>Do you watch Show Me The Money? Thoughts on current and previous season winners and contestants?
[i]I enjoyed smtm4, and I'm glad that Basick won, even if I kinda hoped Mino would win, but eh. [/i]

>How did you get into the khh/krnb scene?
[i]Well, it started off with randomly clicking on one of Giriboy's videos. But watching smtm furthered my knowledge of the scene. [/i]

Please share your answers to any or all of the questions, or ask some of your own! I'm sure other khh/rnb fans would love to know your opinion or share their own!

(btw, I know that khh and krnb are different things but they kind of mesh together)

p3nalty
3yr ago
837 jpops
permalink I like any random krnb and khiphop but i'm into g.soul these days. Maybe you wanna check himout too. Heard of jooyoung too. Maybe i'll go listen to him attentively.
I'm still getting to know this scene...probably a novice but hey, smtm is a great show that i've nvr has a chance to watch... saw a clip or two and that's it. And i salute rappers for real... i wish i myself could rap. U watch 'unpretty rapstar"? It felt like an all female version of smtm, but diffrent.

Dont get me wrong. I love rnb aand hiphop regardless juz that i'm not like majoring in the genre.

I would love to learn from you and everyone else as well. 😊

alonglostnakama
3yr ago
251,852 jpops
permalink Good to see a khiphop/krnb oriented thread in jpopasia. Hope that a lot of people who listen to these genres gather here ^^

>Who is/are your favourite khh/krnb artist?
- Beenzino, Dynamic Duo, Epik High, GRAY, Iron, Jinbo, Olltii, Primary, Verbal Jint, Zion.T

>Do you have a favourite khh/krnb song?
Hmmm I have lots of them, here are some of my favorites :
Aqua Man - Beenzino // Fly (ft. Amin.J) - Epik High // Gondry (ft. Lim Kim) - Primary & Ohhyuk // Just Do It (ft. Loco) - GRAY // Love Love Love (ft. Youngjin) - Epik High // O - Zion.T

>Any future khh/krnb releases that you're excited about?
- These days I was excited for Beenzino's & Zion.T's new releases. I've listened to them by now and they are solid :)

>Do you watch Show Me The Money? Thoughts on current and previous season winners and contestants?
- I've watched seasons 3 & 4. Despite the show being controversial due to malicious editing, favoritism etc. etc. I actually enjoyed it as I was introduced to artists that are not popular internationally (or some times even domestically!)

>How did you get into the khh/krnb scene?
- I follow music blogs who post korean music on tumblr and back in 2012 one of them used to post music from other genres than kpop and that's how I got to knew Epik High and khiphop :3

CloudStrifey
3yr ago
79,078 jpops
permalink Is it bad to say that I'm totally surprised people actually commented on this thread? HAPPINESS!

CloudStrifey
7mo ago
79,078 jpops
permalink HAHAH TB to my thread, wish I found some more shh/krnb fans, too bad jpa ded

Back  |  Forums    K-Pop central    K-HipHop & K-R'n'B
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service