Jpopasia looking for new moderators!

78 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by JpopAsia  ·  last post 9yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Announcements    Jpopasia looking for new moderators!

JpopAsia
9yr ago
571,854 jpops
permalink Hello lovely people from JPA!

We usually don't place ads looking for new moderators but since this time we will look for mods for an entire new section, we want to make sure we get really really enthusiastic members willing to help us sorting out all the J-Pop love that is submitted everyday.

So, what it's gonna be? We are looking for a new team to check, update, and control the lyrics section. This means checking newly added lyrics for their correctness, delete or update "translated" lyrics taken from translation engines, and delete double lyrics. We have more lyrics than anything else on JPA so we really are in need of a dedicated team. If you want to know, we feature over 33.000 lyrics on JpopAsia! That's kanji- and translations lyrics not counted.

Since a week we are also featuring concerts on JPA, this might not need a dedicated team yet, so updating and adding new concerts will also be the responsibility of the lyrics team.

If you really -and we mean really really- love lyrics and can't stand that it's a lyrics mess here at JPA, and know your sources for concerts (we can also feature K-pop artist concerts if you like) we are just looking for you!! :D We ask you to be available for at least few hours a week. Joining our mod team is on voluntary basis.

So what can we offer you? Not much actually :RBcrying: We wished we would have been rich enough to buy you a car, house, and if you would have liked a yacht or private jet - in Japan. But hey don't be dissappointed, we can give you a Creme account! :shifty: But what's more important you'll help out ten thousands of other J-Pop/Japan lovers to enjoy our site even more because of your help. Moreover, people will depend on the information you provide for upcoming concerts and if you can read their experiences afterwards, how great would that be.

This is probably the only chance to show us how well you fit in our moderator team, we usually pick new moderators behind closed doors and ask that person if he/she want to become moderator of JPA.

Interested? Write something about yourself, why you want to become mod at JPA, why you think you fit in our team, and why you think joining the lyrics/concerts team is something for you.

You can send us a message to our JPA account or reply in this topic.

Thank you for your attention and maybe we can welcome you to our moderator team soon! :D:D

Asia1
9yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink Hi! If this is possible I would want to be a lyrics moderator. I want to do this because I am interested in the quality of the added lyrics and it would be good to search and correct them. And I would go to this site as many times a week as I can. Also I think there must be no problems with updating concert dates. I would be happy to became a moderator! :)[edit]Last edit by Asia1 on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 18:36 +0%[/edit]

godsfaith
9yr ago
20,220 jpops
permalink I would love to be a lyric moderator for JPA. I have spent a lot of time on the website over the pass years, and have gained a keen ear for lyrics of all different languages. I am not fluent in Korean or Chinese, but I have some strength in Japanese. I believe lyrics are one of the most critical parts of music and spend a lot of my time just writing lyrics of my favorite song and comparing how I did based on ear to the JPA database. I have spent most of my time on the site commenting on videos and in the video chat. I continue to spend time on the site daily, and becoming a moderator would be something I can really be proud of in the JPA community. I would like to know some more details, such as what search engines you use, what database program you use to manage files etc. If not selected, ganbatte to the lucky choice, it will be tough job and I hope you take it seriously!

Jaa-mata
gFaith

frisou94
9yr ago
84,876 jpops
permalink Hey There :)
I've Been A Member Here On JPA For A While And I Think The Lyrics Are An AWWesome And Really Interesting Feature On This Site :) I Really Enjoy Having The Lyrics Of Songs I Like Right Next To The Video And I Believe It's Important For Those To Be Well Controled. It Would Definitely Be A Pleasure To Work In A Team Whose Goal Is To Help Provide The Best Lyrics System So All JPA Users Can Enjoy Them! I'm Ready To Give My Best To Help Everyone! Though I'm Not Good At Japanese Nor Korean YET, But I'm Definitely Able To Tell If The Translations Are Done Correctly Or If The Romaji And Kanji Match Together, Same Goes For Hangul. Besides That The Mod Team Really Looks Like A Greaat Team So It Should Be Really Greaat To Be Part Of It :) It Would Just Feel Greaat To Contribute To Making JPA Even Better Than It Is Now ! Fighting ![edit]Last edit by frisou94 on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 18:58 +51.3%[/edit]

pjwasz
9yr ago
1,313 jpops
permalink I would very much like to be a lyrics mod, because lyrics are my favorite part of this site and I like to know what's being said. IMO, one of the(albeit many) reasons I come here is for lyrics. It especially helps me and my friends(who are kind of a band) when we sing J-pop/rock/k-pop/rap songs in English. I would enjoy it also because it helps everyone else on JPA who just wanna know what the song is saying(heck, I know I do). Without lyrics mods, we would have people who have misleading lyrics that don't really say what the song says. I would absolutely love to have that honor. [edit]Last edit by pjwasz on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 18:56 +27.2%[/edit]

Asia1
9yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink This person replied after me wasc registered for many years! I think it will be good to see this person as a moderator! I think I must take my words back, I do not really know if I could manage with it all. So I will refuse.[edit]Last edit by Asia1 on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 18:56 +7.6%[/edit]

sops
9yr ago
1,879 jpops
permalink I would LOVE to be a lyrics mod! I get really bugged when some people add the wrong lyrics or add incomplete lyrics. I have a lot of free time and I'm here everyday. Lyrics mods are important too because a lot of people are being mislead and who knows what else is being added! I think I should be a mod because I have seniority and I think I can improve the state of the lyrics part of JPA.
Oh and if there is a position as Concert mod, then I'd like to apply for that one too ^.^
I think I can be a great mod for that one too [if it's open!]

Thanks, and I hope you pick me ^^
Sops <3[edit]Last edit by sops on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 21:14 +28.4%[/edit]

BurningTyphoon
9yr ago
23,315 jpops
permalink I've decided to go ahead and post this here. I'll probably delete my journal post. I've erased what I had previously. I should have just waited a bit, but, I was too eager to apply. With the journal post, I was at least able to get my thoughts together, and now, I can expand upon them.

Just a note, there will be links to foul language (in text) here. So, if for whatever reason you don't want to read it, skip the links. This post is clean, though.

This is pretty much how a lot of people at GW act:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Pzcv2bUHo[/url]
Watch in wide screen mode, please.

That video was made by Jackk... it was meant to be funny. This is how most of the community acts. Shows up to have fun, and what not. No one, except the one guy that was banned broke any rules.

Godweapon's Server Rules.

Rule 20's my favorite.

With Rules taken into consideration... In GW, talking about someone, and cursing them out, etc, as long as it's not racist, in CAPS, illegal, or religious, it's not against the rules, unlike, JPA.

What does it mean? It means overall, being an admin at GW, is harder in comparison to being a mod at JPA. There's fewer grounds to ban people on, and thus, you must have a good judgment on what's acceptable. And, if it's an attack on you personally, will you let it slide, or punish them? It's not just banning, or silencing people, I have my client set to save chat logs automatically. And, very often I'll leave the client open, and running while I'm away just in case I have to look through them.

Admins have no reason to get involved in disputes between players over a game and play referee. Players argue and talk [explicit] at each all the time. Unless racism or religion is involved or if they are screaming (CAPS)at each other constantly in the lobby, its fair game.

If a player doesn't like what someone has to say to them, they can ignore them using the ignore feature.

See what I mean?

When asked about why she didn't ban the user (in the Opening Post of the link in the paragraph) she said:

If I ban the best player, I'll never be able to learn anything.

As you can see, the people running the server are sensible, and don't say things like "OMG UR BREIKIN' DAH RULZ! AMMA BAN U!" So, if I were making too many mistakes (sure, I'm not perfect) I wouldn't still have my admin abilities. There was another guy that got his admin 5 minutes before me... He's not admin today.. He lost it late last month for banning people with no reason.

Again, rule breaking is left to the person handling the situation. It's expected that they assign a fitting punishment, if any at all. But, that's up to them.

Users have problems sometimes, so, I need to save chat logs to help myself, and other users out from time to time. And, looking through 2 days worth of chat logs when there's 40-100 people in the server though out much of the day is a lot of searching. But, it doesn't take any longer than 20 minutes. Much quicker if I know the exact time I'm looking for. Then, it should only take three.

Looking through lyrics, fixing them, etc, would be a piece of cake compared to this. It would be a lot easier on my eyes too, ever chat message has a time stamp on it and a user name... scrolling through that stuff to find a single line can be a bit much. Looking through a JPA chat log, when it barely gets 15+ would be easy for me. But, I don't think I'd have to do that very often at all.. The community is much more calm.

I even have to look though IP addresses of users who are online sometimes. All 80 of them. And, make sure no one has a suspicious IP that's similar to one on my permanent ban list.

Let's look at what's rule breaking in GW.

[where]wtf is my cotton?
less rage more cotton pix imo^_^

Racist..... If you don't understand why. It's because black people used to be slaves, and did work for white people about 150 years ago in the US. Picking cotton being the most common.

But, not everyone acts like idiots. There's respectable, and sensible people on the server too, but, they mostly are quiet, and don't say much at all. But, the quote below is taken from Suprafast (Super Admin, and owner). I had silencedtwo users for being racist, and, M26, another admin decides to go and lift the silence because he felt like doing so...

I told him it's not right to to undo someone's punishment without speaking to the person who placed it first.

Well, BurningTyphoon is absolutely correct with respect to overriding another admin's command. You can't go behind an admins back and undo what he did. I even have that respect for all my admins. I would never undo anything my admins have done without confronting them first and discussing a solution.

M26, you need to contact me ASAP.

With respect to Baw, he said a couple racist things and a lot of explicit sexual content that could really be considered sexual harassment. I mean playing a nice friendly game of MvC and the players have to read about how hard his golden [BEEEP] is?

Chibi posted the chat log I saved for her and put it up for the public.. What would you have done in my situation?
Chat log
Did I ban? No, I silenced.

Note that there's no censorship on the log. M26 makes a response afterwords. I get annoyed by him, so, I curse him out right there on the boards. M26 even attempted to ban me for silencing those two users. How does that make sense?

I tried to ban typhoon but it didnt work. I need MOAR power.

Burning Typhoon is a mediocre MVC player who gets MAD when he loses and
apparently uses his new admin to kick silence players who beat him. :roll:

Baww and Rubicant have always done theyre um Schtick and only a few
people have a problem with it.

Sure, I get hella mad over a LOSS!! I HATE LOSING! BAN!... [/sarcasm]

Users that were in that private chat/game room were:

Bawww SE (Player 1) - Burning Typhoon (Player 3)
Rubicant (Player 2) - Raiden (Player 4)

Take note of my warnings, and my patience with them. There's a lot of things they said before the logs I actually have. I have to use two clients at God Wrapon, one doesn't save logs, and it's only used for playing. I have to log in with my other client that saves logs, and join the room while it was cloaking to save the messages, so, yeah, I missed a bit..

But.. You know what, those two didn't learn their lesson...

Now, there are times when pictures, and chat logs are needed as proof to show why you do things. The Super Admins could look them up.. But, when you've got 85 users in the room, c'mon, it's going to be a headache. So, I save chat log, pictures, and whatever else I need to do.. This is what pushed me into banning them from the server.

http://www.god-weapon.com/forum/download/file.php?id=90
BANNED

Yeah, that's what it looks like... no, it's not a site.

Was I wrong? I don't think so... Did I go too far? Hell no. Am I a bad admin? Meh, there are worse... You guys complain about the smallest things.. No offense and I wont say exactly who they are. But, Godweapon's community is a lot more... abusive than this one.. But, it can be a nice, and friendly one too...

This is how admining is at godweapon's server is. The forums?.... meh how did my name get on that list.. Doesn't matter, he's banned.
But, wait, it's the 200 dollar reward! Baww and Rubicant appears to have lost something.

If I can handle all of this just fine, I'm sure I can handle being a mod here too.
[edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Thursday 01 Oct, 2009 at 02:28 +2.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Thursday 01 Oct, 2009 at 02:27 +4.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 09:49 +4%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 08:50 +3%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 08:48 +8.1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 03:08 +5.1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 02:32 +4.7%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 02:24 +3.1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 02:21 +3.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Wednesday 30 Sep, 2009 at 02:18 +59.7%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 10:59 +68.3%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 20:08 +51.5%[/edit]

Jamie
9yr ago
3,454 jpops
permalink Ok I just want to personally thank you for bringing this up to the attention of the public :RBfrown:. You're right, the lyrics [i]are[/i] a mess [there's artist profiles with 10 videos, and like 100 lyrics! Come on people, I know you want Jpops, but....really? :RBsarcastic: ]. I've been using this site not only for recreational purposes for my lil old club committee- J-media[different story, different time]. My meetings practically revolve around this site, and it's a real inconvienience to try and look up a lryic and it be completely off :RBangry: . This site's been good to me, and it would be an honor to return the favor by helping you with these things. If you want, I can give you some sites to help you translate the kanji lyrics to romaji and english;I use them to double check my own interpretations and to translate phrases to keep my Japanese fresh for class[you have to be REEAAAALLLL independant for japanese year three :RBohNo: ]And about the concerts? I'm always running into those[again , J-media- my pride and joy! :lovec: ].Veoh for one has quite a few. Anyways, get back to me if you're interested in getting those sites. I'll send em to as soon as you say the word :smilec: And thankx for keepin it genki JPA:RBstickout:

Miki
9yr ago
2,877,369 jpops
Quote by Jamie
You're right, the lyrics [i]are[/i] a mess [there's artist profiles with 10 videos, and like 100 lyrics! Come on people, I know you want Jpops, but....really? :RBsarcastic:

Don't forget that most songs don't have PV's, so there is nothing wrong with having 100 lyrics.

Kesuhu
9yr ago
11,750 jpops
permalink Okay! So i really want to be a moderator,because it's looks like an interesting job and I really like to go on JPA! I would like it better if i could go on JPA and be useful.Since I like going on JPA often and listening to music while watching the lyrics, i feel like correcting them placing them would be an excellent job for me.I think being in this team would be awesome and would make my JPA life cooler then it is already.
I love JPA and i think that working for JPA would be awesome! :STbigSmile:
Thank you! ^^
[edit]Last edit by Kesuhu on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 20:05 -96.8%[/edit]

ShikabaneHime
9yr ago
39 jpops
permalink hi i would like to be a lyrics moderator because i love to add lyrics to songs and i think it will be fun to make sure the lyrics are up to the quality the jpop universe expects. This site has been real good to me and i want to return so i will do my best to help out. i hope you guys will consider me :D [edit]Last edit by ShikabaneHime on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 20:16 +24.3%[/edit]

sakura223
9yr ago
1,245 jpops
permalink OMG PLEASE PLEASE PICKME

Fouzhende
9yr ago
2,805 jpops
permalink Hey I am kind of new here to JPA, however I have a lot of free time on my hands. And this site is really cool I really really like to help out if I can. I believe I would be an asset to the new lyrics/concert team. I cannot read Japanese or Korean but i can read and write mandarin Chinese. So please give me a chance and throw whatever you have at me. If you don't think I can handle it you can always let me go, however I think I can so, consider me for the position. Good luck putting together your new team.

Fouzhende

xXcassisXx
9yr ago
1,240 jpops
permalink I already doubt that I'm really fit for the job, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Well, I haven't on JPA for a long time [really, 4 months is really nothing], but I really want to help out as much as I can. I get all of my lyrics from this site and I think its really great for you to have that lyrics and having more people adding lyrics every day to continue making this site the #1 site for JPop. :)

I go on JPA everyday 'cause I love this site. Even though there are times that I don't do much on it, I would like to spend some time to help out JPA in any way I can and if this will allow me to help, then I would try to get it.

Though I don't have any strong points in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, I somehow have an ear for Asian languages, strangely enough.

I don't know. If I am chosen, then I will, undoubtedly, try my best not to disappoint anybody. If not, I will support those who were chosen. :) [edit]Last edit by xXcassisXx on Sunday 27 Sep, 2009 at 22:12 +45.7%[/edit]

pauljason
9yr ago
659 jpops
permalink I've been here in JPA for a long time, and I think I have seen the foundations and revolutions here in JPa, I would love to be part of the team here and work for it.

pauljason (original DR.LOVE)

akaye
9yr ago
8,411 jpops
permalink Hi. I would like to be a moderator for JPA. I'm pretty good at romanizating Japanese songs because I know that people want accurate lyrics translated and also I've been learning Japanese for awhile now. I think I have what it takes to moderator over lyrics and to have them with the correct artist, if I'm chosen. :D

julijuli146
9yr ago
145 jpops
permalink Hello I'm Julijuli146 also known as Julijulisensei in the Japanese Learning Forum. I would really love to be a moderator for Kanji Lyrics. It helps me to learn the song better and understand it and I will be better at understanding Japanese. I can read kanji and I can also edit the romaji lyrics as well. So please choose me to be on the moderator team.
P.S. I have learnt japanese for 8 years.

I will also be able to update on the concerts. I can read japanese so I can get the reference from artists official website and reliable sources such as Sony music online. So please, please choose me. I am very co-operative and am online alot. This will help me to show my passion for music and help me to become ultimate fan of YUI. I also agree with the lock on videos and lyrics etc. I will be willing to help with replacing videos that have disappeared into dust. And I would like to thank you everyone for making this website wonderful especially JPA sama.[edit]Last edit by julijuli146 on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 03:22 +58.2%[/edit]

aqua431
9yr ago
2,411 jpops
permalink well, i guess i'm still new here. but... i will try!!

i'm not good in japanese. but, i love JPA so much! thanks to JPA, i can get update about all songs and news in j-pop. i go online in JPA everyday because it's so much fun and different with other sites.

since i love JPA so much, i want to be a help for this site and be a help for other JPA lovers. i think i will fit in this team because i like to search about song lyrics. i have a lot of sources from internet and i don't mind searching for a lyrics for a long time. about the concerts too, although i don't have a good source, i will try looking for it.

being a moderator here will be a good experience for me. i will be glad if there's people that need my help. so, please pick me ;) !

aqua431

PS: if i'm not chosen, i don't mind because every work need best people so it can give best results. good luck for searching in new mods!!

kai09
9yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink i would really like to become to a mod here in JPA! :D being a lyrics or concert moderator sounds cool! i'll send a message. :)

tokyoparis
9yr ago
15 jpops
permalink hello to the Jpopasia team! I'm excited to be your moderator as there is no more rewarding job for me than to serve fellow jpop lovers like myself. I have some knowledge of japanese so I think that would come in handy in editing lyrics. I also love editing and working in a online portal like this, even if I'm playing a tiny role in it. I'm a team player and I'm definitely able to spend a few hours on editing. Pls hire me! :D

hikkiFM
9yr ago
3,289 jpops
permalink KATTUNKAMExROX deserves it

giran
9yr ago
55,837 jpops
permalink I just wanna said dont pick me please XDD
I hate to be moderator..it will be sooooo busy nee~ :RBcrying:
Good Luck Everyone :RBblush:

Hillo
9yr ago
1,081 jpops
permalink i really want to help jpa. but i think i only have limited source when it come to lyrics and concerts, but if and only if i can be a lyric mod. then i'll try my best to satisfy jpa members :RBhalo:

but the least i can do is to recheck lyrics that is double and delete the other one. if it takes 24/7 to do it. then i will[edit]Last edit by Hillo on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 09:14 +39.5%[/edit]

ParasiteJely
9yr ago
4,605 jpops
permalink First of all I think it's great you post this hear :otsu:
I would love to do this and support JPA;D
me and lyrics?? omg oo If I think of this...XD
It's maybe strange but at i-tunes there is a section to add lyrics to your i-pod:D
Always (!!) I'm looking all around the internet to find lyrics to all songs I put in i-tunes T_T You don't want to know what's my reaction when I don't find them :silenced: Especially when I'm searching here at JPA for lyrics and the only thing I find is 'If you want the lyrics write to me someoneelse@hotmail.com' :shifty:
That shouldn't be like this:' (
I also love to read the lyrics of the artists I like cuz for me it's important to know what an artist is saying in his songs: ) Lyrics are important=D
As many here said it's pretty sad that some lyrics are pretty messed up and I know that this is a hard job but I would do my best for this site>< It's also ok if you don't pick mexD There are much active members who've already longer signed up here who really deserve it: )
The concert thing: I LOVE CONCERTS<3 Even if I only saw one japanese band live till now: / But thanks for this informations about the concerts T__T I always don't notice concerts of artists I want to see live... :noway:
And at JPA everyday?? That should be no problem cuz I'm anyway on everyday(only sometimes not) I'll do my best for you;D

Well, I guess that's it for now^.^ I'm may still pretty new here but yeah, now I can't say I didn't try it to become a modxD Have a nice day and thanxx for this topic :hroll:
Sonii**[edit]Last edit by ParasiteJely on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 12:45 +26.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by ParasiteJely on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 12:31 +8.9%[/edit][edit]Last edit by ParasiteJely on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 10:51 +2.6%[/edit][edit]Last edit by ParasiteJely on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 09:18 +9.7%[/edit]

ranchan
9yr ago
710 jpops
permalink hey im ranchan i been a member for over a year now and i really enjoy all the music and the people here. i really want to become a moderator and help jpa become even better =) i love reading the song lyrics. i have alot of time after school to be online and help out, so i hope i can become a mod =).

-ranny- ^-^

aiiyka
9yr ago
191,624 jpops
permalink i would actually love to be a lyrics mod
i use this site to add lyrics as well as to look for lyrics
and yes, it hellla bothers me when they're wrong or the translations don't even make sense
i'm already on here a few hours a week anyways and i would love love love to help where i can
i mean... i add lyrics pretty regularly, both kanji and romaji
i'll do the best i can with the whole concert thing too :)
please pick me
thank you :)

p.s.
i'm fluent in japanese if that's more appealing ;) haha[edit]Last edit by aiiyka on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 21:26 +13.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by aiiyka on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 19:08 +19.4%[/edit]

deathmaid95
9yr ago
1,429 jpops
permalink i would love to help!

jrawkaneko
9yr ago
2,057 jpops
permalink I would love to be a new moderator! I really get annoyed with lyrics I find that really have nothing to do with the song, and I change them a lot. And lyrics are really important. I love Japanese music and bands. And also I'm on here like all the time so I could update things often. I care a lot about music and I love that people want to learn it. I think I could help out with the JPA community.

Miki
9yr ago
2,877,369 jpops
Quote by JpopAsia
But hey don't be dissappointed, we can give you a Creme account!

And if a person already has a creme account? Can they have a car then? :RBhot:

good luck to everyone.

hyde6664
9yr ago
4,584 jpops
permalink I would be happy to be your new moderator. I hate seeing errors in song lyrics. I know over 500 Japanese songs, and i know of a few concerts. So, I think that I would be the perfect person for the Mod team. If you let me be your moderator, I promise, I won't let you down. There will not be a single error on any songs. There will also be new lyrics added to every single song that is on JPA. Also, I know some videos that were never added to JPA. I can assure you that every music video will be added to JPA.

yeapXD
9yr ago
28,160 jpops
permalink hi hi :)
i have been here for a while and it will be my one year anniversay soon. so, i would like to apply for the lyrics mod. i will like to help jpa in anyway i can. i have a lot of free timee on the weekends and i have sometime everyday when i finish hw. i have notice how the lyrics are a mess and will like to help keep them in order. im looking forward to making jpa better then it is right now. to make every jpop member keep on jpopping and having their share of wonderful experiences like i have.

~yeapy

TwistedFlower
9yr ago
9,479 jpops
permalink Hey guys!

Don't forget that the positions are open for concert moderators too, you'll be lyric mods AND concert mods!! So let us know why you would be a great lyric AND concert mod!

Keep applying!! And thank you for wanting to help us!! ♥[edit]Last edit by Twisted Flower on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 21:20 +21.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Twisted Flower on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 21:15 +32.7%[/edit]

MIROTIC
9yr ago
5,996 jpops
permalink Dear JPA and Moderators,

Konnichiwa! My name is Zura Nagashima and i am 20 years old .I am half Korean and Japanese.I do speak fluent japanese and english ,but i cannot speak much korean. I am born and raised in japan and this year i have been starting my adult life on my own and working hard to become an animator. Right now life is going tough but i will always work my hardest. About music, of course j-pop plays over here,but i also listen to ANY types of music like american music,arabic music,spanish and my favorite,korean. I feel so happy that other people from different countries love to listen to japanese music,and other asian music.Music to me is not about languages u dont understand but the words,rythmn,melody and song.I believe some day the world will share their music and make a huge change in our world. :D

I want to be a mod not just because I can understand japanese,but to make 100% sure that your website will be a sucess. I will try my best and be fully honest and respectful to you and the mod staff. I cannot promise you that i will be a perfect mod ,but a mod that is willing to be responcible for this job and JPA. If i do not get the mod job , i will still support this site.

Thank you very much for your time to read this letter ^ ^

ZURA
a.k.a MIROTIC[edit]Last edit by MIROTIC on Monday 28 Sep, 2009 at 21:31 +11.1%[/edit]

kaldaddy1
9yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Whilst I'm not interested in the position, I would like to ask a favor of this new team...

Once a lyric has been added, proofread and finalized, LOCK IT. I'd like to see the same with videos... certain videos get replaced (I don't know if it's with or without Moderator approval) and, well; some of the replacements flat-out SUCK. I'd like to see the Mods have FINAL approval - as Blue can lock a topic, they should be able to lock in the lyrics (and videos) as well.

darksrose
9yr ago
623 jpops
Quote by Miki
[Quote by Jamie]
Don't forget that most songs don't have PV's, so there is nothing wrong with having 100 lyrics.

Which is sad :RBcrying: but who knows the JPA team is working hard every day to improve JPA so maybe we'll have none PVs someday ;) XD

BurningTyphoon
9yr ago
23,315 jpops
permalink Alright, I'm going to make another post... Why? I don't think you guys are taking me seriously, lol. And, I want to give you a much better idea on what Godweapon is, but, I wont do it in this thread, you can check out my latest journal post. I'll post warning when necessary (it'll only be text anyway, nothing graphic).

I'm aware that Godweapon is almost completely different from JPA... almost. Both have a chatroom, and forums. Both are open to people of 12 and up. It's just the rules that set them apart. But, I want to show you how I react to a couple of people that are posting messages of sexual harassment, and racism.

I think you guys don't think I can handle myself. I'm not saying I'm a perfect admin, I've made a couple mistakes... just two, though, and I wont make them again, but, anyway. I'll update this post with a link to my journal so you can see what I have to say.

Quote by kaldaddy1
Whilst I'm not interested in the position, I would like to ask a favor of this new team...

Once a lyric has been added, proofread and finalized, LOCK IT. I'd like to see the same with videos... certain videos get replaced (I don't know if it's with or without Moderator approval) and, well; some of the replacements flat-out SUCK. I'd like to see the Mods have FINAL approval - as Blue can lock a topic, they should be able to lock in the lyrics (and videos) as well.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean..

And... it's finished...

http://www.jpopasia.com/life/profile/12571/journals/[edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 01:54 +8.5%[/edit]

josias
9yr ago
22,184 jpops
permalink wow, that's a great idea to have lyric moderators.... :jangel:

Aysohmay
9yr ago
1,667,536 jpops
Quote by kaldaddy1
Whilst I'm not interested in the position, I would like to ask a favor of this new team...

You can't "lock" videos because they can be delete and whatnot from its original source. I agree though, its quite annoying when a member replaces a perfectly fine HD full length video for a lower quality short video -_-

BTW, expect an application tonight =D

kaldaddy1
9yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Ah, what the heck... I'll give it a go! I wouldn't let the title of Moderator go to my head.

Aysohmay
9yr ago
1,667,536 jpops
Quote by kaldaddy1
Ah, what the heck... I'll give it a go! I wouldn't let the title of Moderator go to my head.

Better make a good application then =P

kaldaddy1
9yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink I messaged JPA-sama already... so we'll see!

Are you throwing your name in the hat?

Aysohmay
9yr ago
1,667,536 jpops
permalink Yeah, after classes today I will. Except I'll put it here so everyone can see =P

RollingStar14
9yr ago
12,999 jpops
permalink What the hey, I'll go ahead and apply.

About me: Well, I love the internet, foreign and non-foreign music, and fansites which combine the two, especially those of a genteel (yes, I just used that word) nature like JPA (I've experienced drama on the internet, and really, who needs all that? XD). I've always wanted to be a mod, and this opportunity is exciting to me because I feel that the lyric section is just as important as the forums, because it connects foreign J-poppers, K-poppers, and C-poppers to the artists' feelings they express in their music. Lyric translations are the bridge to the language gap that I know discourages many at JPA, including myself, at times, so I'm RABIDLY eager to help improve that particular section of the site. I think that if the lyric section was the easiest part of the site to use, JPA would appeal to even more people than it already does.

As for concerts, I think I'd could help in promoting K-music concerts in particular, since I frequent every K-pop blogs known to man, all of which promote Korean artists performing both inside and out of Korea. Though admittedly, besides that, I don't speak or read and Asian language fluently, so I'd doubt I'd be as helpful as an insider who lives or has lived in Asia, but hey, I thought I'd put a positive spin on it. :D

Along those same lines, I am, however, a native English speaker and an AP English student to boot. How may that help the site, you might ask? Well, if nothing else, I can sure as heck weed out the most understandable translations from the plethora of nonsensical products of Google Translate out there that some people think they can pass off for English. If that's English, then someone send me back to kindergarten 'cuz that stuff is harder to comprehend than Old English. :shock: Just thought I'd mention it...

As for fitting in on the JPA team, to be honest, I'm pretty sure anyone who hasn't gotten banned on this site would fit in well on the team. I've gotten along well with pretty much everyone on this site, and wouldn't abuse my power (Not to digress, but seriously, what's with people who think tyranny on the internet is awesome? Are you for real? It's the freakin' internet. :roll: ). I understand what it's like to be new to JPA, or to a social networking site in general, so I wouldn't mind helping out the newbies. :) I'm really busy with school during the week, but I can definitely spare a few hours on weekend mornings, so time isn't so much an issue.

Also, I'd like to say (and I legitimately mean this- not just saying this to make myself look good), if JPA doesn't think I'm right for the position, then I, as a user of this site, nominate KalDaddy1. He not only would make a responsible mod, but also genuinely cares for this site and its loyal frequenters, and fits the qualities any type of mod should have. So there. XD[edit]Last edit by RollingStar14 on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 18:27 +2.1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by RollingStar14 on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 18:26 +1.9%[/edit][edit]Last edit by RollingStar14 on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 18:03 +1.4%[/edit][edit]Last edit by RollingStar14 on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 18:02 +3%[/edit][edit]Last edit by RollingStar14 on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 18:01 +1.6%[/edit]

BurningTyphoon
9yr ago
23,315 jpops
permalink That application is full of win. Good luck, it was a nice, easy, read and you brought up good points that I hadn't thought of, like fixing translation errors. Good luck to Kal, and Ay-san when they too decide to give it a shot. :otsu:

RollingStar14
9yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by Burning Typhoon
That application is full of win. Good luck, it was a nice, easy, read and you brought up good points that I hadn't thought of, like fixing translation errors. Good luck to Kal, and Ay-san when they too decide to give it a shot. :otsu:

Geeee gee gee gee, baaaby baaby baby, thanks!!! :tongue:

Fouzhende
9yr ago
2,805 jpops
permalink Are we allowed to re-apply? after reading RollingStar14's I think I could step up my game a bit haha. Nice essay Rolling, its really good. :boogie:

BTW how many are need for the team, are we talk 10 - 20 or like 5?[edit]Last edit by Fouzhende on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 19:29 +33%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Fouzhende on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 19:18 +1.3%[/edit]

BurningTyphoon
9yr ago
23,315 jpops
Quote by Fouzhende
Are we allowed to re-apply? after reading RollingStar14's I think I could step up my game a bit haha. Nice essay Rolling, its really good. :boogie:

BTW how many are need for the team, are we talk 10 - 20 or like 5?

Meh, I was thinking the same thing. But, at the same time, maybe I should have just remembered, and got it right the 1st time. But, just because I left something out, like, fixing translation errors, that doesn't mean I wont do it should I eventually become mod.

The main point I wanted to get across is that I'm used to having more power, I don't abuse it, and, I make sure the rules are followed, and things are done the way they're supposed to.

Updating your application because of RollingStar would only increase her chances since she submitted an excellent application on her 1st try, and at the same time, setting a standard for you, and possibly everyone else, and that's only good for her. I just wanted to get my point across that I can handle it, or, I wouldn't bother applying. I can take the pressure, and I wont crack, and, I can look through loads of text. I've had plenty of experience in that.

I had to check through an entire two days worth of text for a single line someone said, and I wasn't even sure if it was in my logs. Anyway, I think I got my points across.

I updated mine.. or rather, added to it, but, that wasn't because I felt like I was lacking because of another application.

My guess would be 4-6 lyric mods.[edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Tuesday 29 Sep, 2009 at 20:24 +4.6%[/edit]

sleepyueda
9yr ago
2,457 jpops
permalink Hello! If it's possible I would like to be one of lyrics moderators! I love lyrics and always get the lyrics on this site to have them put on my ipod to sing along! Sometimes I get annoyed as people put the wrong lyrics on songs, and I would love to change that. I have good sources for concerts, videos and lyrics, and I have a lot of lyrics still waiting to be put up! Compared to other people, I am new here, but I would love to dedicate my time here. I can read japanese, not fluently, but hopefully it will be of some help.

I still have a lot to learn, but being a lyrics moderator would be a good experience for me.

RollingStar14
9yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by Burning Typhoon
My guess would be 4-6 lyric mods.

Wow, I hope it's that many! That'd be great if we could have a bunch of people on board to really overhaul the lyric section. Going through all of them to check for errors and accuracy is going to take work, so the more the better. Hopefully once the mods are chosen, users can report the unsatisfactory lyrics to them to make it easier.

Back  |  Forums    Announcements    Jpopasia looking for new moderators!
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service