Jpopasia 2nd birthday

56 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by JpopAsia  ·  last post 9yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Announcements    Jpopasia 2nd birthday

9yr ago
517,909 jpops
permalink Today is a big day because today it’s JPA second birthday yay :rock: :otsu: :applause: :high5: . We have a lot of things to discuss but before we start I would like to take a look back.

One year ago we decided that we want to focus more on the community aspect, reach 10,000 unique visits a day and a new more professional lay out. Our community has grown enormously last year and we have welcomed a lot of new awesome members, finding their way on JpopAsia everyday. We have managed to change the layout in a project covering three full time months and added a lot of new user friendly techniques to maintain our already high user experience. And, we can proudly say that we have also reached our third goal, 10,000 unique visits a month. Moreover, we are processing currently 16,000 unique visits a day! That’s like half a million a month! Crazy.

JpopAsia’s community is special and unlike some other online communities, nice and friendly. That is very important for us because the community keeps us going on. The last few months have been quiet for JpopAsia. That was for a reason, we have been working our butts of to overhaul the entire public and private life.

We have merged the public and private tabs to prevent confusion between these two tabs. One tab to rule them all we say. Our system knows if you are checking your own profile and adjusts its editing and adding functions to you. This will hopefully solve the confusion between the quite similar looking private and public tabs.

We have made some huge adjustments and improvements. Some things are small but can affect user experience in a positive way. One thing we like to mention is our new playlist management section. This section is completely revised and it super easy and user friendly to manage your favorite songs now. Everything works with drag and drop and you can drag and drop songs between playlist as easy as moving a file on your computer. Awesome isn’t it? :hroll:

It’s finally possible to sell your house and two houses for free accounts is lifted :RBhalo:

Additional stats have been added, for example, all an users’ forum posts, added videos, added lyrics and genre preferences. For Creme accounts, we log now several statistics per interval. It will be easy to see if you have viewed more videos, forum posts, chat entries, or fan feelings than two months ago. Cool! :drool:

But one thing we have been working on really hard is stores. You can open your own virtual stores for 5,000 Jpops and sell your own drawings to others. For example your own designed clothes or that specific T-shirt that your favorite artists wears in her latest PV. Fun and interesting stuff to make your profile a little more personalized, or to give away to other members or even your favorite artists! Start saving your Jpops! :D

Ah! And there is a shoutbox you can activate if you would like ^^

But because this JPA’s birthday we have some special things. Pro accounts will be discontinued and we will only sell Creme accounts from now. The price of 19.90USD will go down to an amazing 5.90USD and in December only 4.90USD!

For the free members, the amount of houses will be lifted so you can start your own little town yourself.

This all will be available soon. Like somewhere today :joops:

We’ll post some more history about JPA at the end of December and for now, Merry Christmas![edit]Last edit by JpopAsia on Tuesday 16 Dec, 2008 at 12:03 +2.5%[/edit]

9yr ago
269,450 jpops
permalink Happy 2nd birthday for this wonderful site you have created for us all to enjoy JPA-san!! :applause:

May there be many more birthdays to come. :high5:

I'm sure we can't wait for all the new awesome features to become available. :otsu:

Thank you also for the privilege of allowing me to be part of your Mod Team. :pray:

And lastly so many thanks to the many awesomenest (is that even a word LOL :shock: )
JpopAsia members who really make this site rock!! :rock:

[edit]Last edit by kumasan on Tuesday 16 Dec, 2008 at 12:15 +2.2%[/edit]

9yr ago
871,101 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday to JPA (the site XD)!!!

I'm so excited to see all the new features in action! Thank you for all the hard work you put into the site and like kuma, I feel so honored to be part of the mod team. ^^

9yr ago
24,534 jpops
permalink Happy Happy Birthday!!! :RBhalo: :pray:

May JpopAsia become more genuis than ever!! :STbigSmile:
With your genuis greatness,the great mods and the great JPA members it will become true! :rock:
And indeed I'm also really thankful to be part of the mod team! ^^

We all can't wait for the most awesome new functions.

[edit]Last edit by dilaChan on Tuesday 16 Dec, 2008 at 12:26 +5.3%[/edit][edit]Last edit by dilaChan on Tuesday 16 Dec, 2008 at 12:26 +25.4%[/edit]

9yr ago
13,815 jpops
permalink Wow! So many visits! And this is seriously the best online community!

I just can't wait for new features! And creme account are gonna be really cheap anyone will be able to afford it

9yr ago
1,317 jpops
permalink YOOOOOOO! :)

I swear JpopAsia is one of the best sites out there. :RBhot: I love asian music and it's very hard to be up to date when u live in canada.. :RBcrying: witch is y i love JpopAsia so damn muchh :RBheart:

You guys have done a great job with everything...seriously!!! ;) :D :RBhalo:

Makenai-chan :RBhot:

9yr ago
2,465 jpops
permalink HaPPy BiRTHday.... :D :D :D

9yr ago
145,722 jpops
permalink Otanjoubi Omedetou JPOPASIA!!!!...

and omedetou to JPA-sama cuz you makes this website...and thanks to all moderators...

whatever...happy birthday!!!

Shengri Kuaile!!!

9yr ago
22,184 jpops
permalink OMEDETOU!!
JPopAsia is Awesome!! :RBohNo:

and, 5.90USD? I will try to borrow bluesweater's Paypal :asd: :pray: :pray:

9yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink LOL Josias!!!

Awesome, JPA!!! AWESOME!!! .

I can finally be a JPA Real Estate Tycoon! JK

This is why I love this site... (even though I got fleeced for $19.90... I would have paid $40.00!)

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!

9yr ago
23,315 jpops
Ok, wait a second... Too much stuff at once, I need a moment.....

Awesomeness! That was a lot of stuff there. Happy JPA Day, everyone. Technically, sites can't have "birthdays," but, nevertheless, this is kinda awesome. So many awesome things coming at me at once, I don't know know if I can grasp it all without re-reading 5, or 6 times over, lol. But, some of the things that stood out to me were the buttons. Me personally, they haven't been much of an issue for me, so, I don't mind, and I'll adjust. I'd like to see how the drawing thing turns out (I doubt I'd participate in it, though).

On the overall community, though, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you about it being "nice".... Lol, I'm kidding. The community here is great, and no matter how angry I may seem at times, regardless of disagreements some of us may have, I don't have any enemies here for the most part, except Xin. No, I'm kidding, lol.

But, the other place, where I go for my gaming, it can get pretty rough there. If you're not on a certain level, you'll get called just about anything, it's really an anti-noob area. I have one administrator there who hates me because I'm too good at Marvel Vs. Capcom, and another administrator who hates me because I'm not good enough in Street Fighter A3, and another that I get along with. I swear, I've been threatened with a ban for failing to do Akuma's Raging Demon, so, I stopped playing with that Admin in SFA3.

But, I have respect there from most of the community, so, regardless of how bad it may seem, it's not so bad for me personally, but, to some others, the same cannot be said. Some of them are just looking for an argument.

Regardless of how different the two communities are, I like them both, or I wouldn't come back to either. I guess I like the community here so much because it's so much different from what I'm used to, and Ayu, of course. I'm able to adjust my attitude between the two, and remember to be a bit nicer here.

Again, happy jpa day to you all.

Quote by kaldaddy1
LOL Josias!!!
This is why I love this site... (even though I got fleeced for $19.90... I would have paid $40.00!)........

[size=2]Dude, don't tell JPA that!! I'll know who to blame..[/size][edit]Last edit by Burning Typhoon on Tuesday 16 Dec, 2008 at 15:18 +12.5%[/edit]

9yr ago
107,797 jpops
permalink Wahh... O Tanjoubi Omedetto Gozaimasu.. :boogie: :boogie:

2 years.. JpopAsia is become more mature and grows bigger..
i never got addictive to another site .. :STbigSmile:

And thanks for the hardwork, JPA-san.. you did a great job to improve this site.. and also for all Mods who had done the best for JpopAsia.. :otsu: :otsu:

9yr ago
32,021 jpops
permalink YES!!!!
I love JpopAsia so much!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!

9yr ago
1,411 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday JPopAsia!
I hope it gets better for the future!

9yr ago
147 jpops
permalink happy birthday to jpa the best site in the world :D :otsu:

9yr ago
9,479 jpops
permalink HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPA!!!<33

Wow Only $5!!??????? I Can Finally Afford A Creme Account!!

Thank You JPA-San!!
Keep Up The Amazing Work!<3

9yr ago
4,314 jpops
permalink お誕生日お目でと JPA!!!

9yr ago
2,439 jpops
permalink Yay! Happy Birthday! ^_^

9yr ago
640 jpops
permalink Wowww! That is SO amazing~ I must say, congratulations!
This is SO backwards... we're getting all the amazing presents! Today I just came here to get a link for a friend... I'm amazed at the new layout!
And the store! YAYYY!
Thank you SO much~!!

9yr ago
8,168 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday, Jpopasia! xD Jpopasia is awesome! \m/ rock on~ xD

9yr ago
508 jpops
permalink Happy birthday!!! Thank you so much for supplying all of us with musical...ness~~!

9yr ago
5,188 jpops
permalink omg! Happy 2nd Birthday Jpopasia!!!!! :)

9yr ago
332 jpops
permalink happy 2nd birthday jpa :RBhot:

9yr ago
6,330 jpops
permalink HAPPY BDAY JPA

Thanx for having us JPA :D [edit]Last edit by Latina09 on Monday 12 Jan, 2009 at 04:39 -89.9%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Latina09 on Wednesday 17 Dec, 2008 at 02:27 +6.5%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Latina09 on Wednesday 17 Dec, 2008 at 02:22 +31.1%[/edit]

9yr ago
297,686 jpops
permalink Happy birthday JPA! ^_^

9yr ago
78,295 jpops
permalink woo! happy 2nd bday jpa! :D

9yr ago
22,696 jpops
permalink I can't believe that Jpopasia can improve so much like this :-O. Just think that the older version is too excited.

However, I'm wrong. I'm afraid of your imagination and your hard work to make this site more and more interesting, JPA-san. You're so incredible, You're superman :love:. Still keep people going forward, neh! ^^

9yr ago
145,722 jpops
permalink ^-^....yeah renix...this site already improve...and i like the improvement...i think this is 3rd times JPA-sama improving the site...since i was here...and makes the site more awesome...

9yr ago
976 jpops
permalink happy birthday JPA!!! :jangel:
I'm so happy I found this site... :) :) :)

9yr ago
420,421 jpops
permalink :king: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPOPASIA.COM!! :king:

im so thankful too for being a part of your awesome Mod Team :RBhalo:
*still amazed how brilliant all the features*
and now you have another new awesome features :rock: :pray: :pray:
i cant wait for that ^^

hope JPA become more bigger and bigger and awesome!!

9yr ago
22,696 jpops
permalink OMG...

There are a problem at the "Added Stuff" ^"^.

I just wanna check all of my uploaded video because some link from veoh already die because of copyright (that I can't remember the name at all). However, when i go to the 2nd page (or others, or use "next" button). It immediately go to the 2nd page.... of JPA-san @_@.

~fly fly~...

I know that there are still many unfinished works in the improvement process, But I believe I should report this problem.

Waiting for more improvement ^^

9yr ago
121 jpops
permalink happy birthday to u!!
happy birthday to u!!!
happy birthday to JPA
happy birthday to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: :RBkiss:

9yr ago
34,919 jpops
permalink Happy birthday Jpopasia :otsu:

Great to see who jpopasia is growing :D

All those new features are awesome :high5:

I love it around here

9yr ago
55,837 jpops
permalink Happy birthday!!!omg! I really luv here :lovec:

9yr ago
2,717 jpops
permalink Happy b-day JPA.....

Thank you very very much

more power.... lol

9yr ago
3,133 jpops
permalink Happy birthday to you you...
Happy birthday to you you...
anata ni okuru BA-SUDEI SONGU yo? OK?
Lyric : Happy Birthday to you you - YUI

Otanjoubi omedetou,, JPA!! :applause:

This site is awesome!! :rock:

Kotoshi mo yoroshiku!! X:

9yr ago
13,628 jpops
permalink Happy burfday Jpopasia!! I visit almost everyday!! wow owning a store etc is expensive..

9yr ago
2,057 jpops
permalink Happy Bday JPA!!!!

Oh and the one thing I don't get is the free account Houses... Does this mean we can buy more than two Houses?

9yr ago
260,662 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday jpopasia!!!

9yr ago
5,698 jpops
permalink happy birthday to this site. But it seems to be more focused on kpop, so wouldn't "KPA" make more sense?

9yr ago
26,601 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday JPA!

You all work very hard! The best wishes for 2009 and thank you very much

Amber Gemme

9yr ago
527 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday JPOPASIA!!!!I love this site! :totallylove:

9yr ago
2,539 jpops
permalink It's always nice to see that a site is being developed.

9yr ago
4,471 jpops
permalink :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

9yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink Happy 2nd Birthday JPA.

It good i can finally sell my house. And get as many songs i want.

9yr ago
972 jpops
permalink oh!!!

o tanjoubi omedetto gozaimasu,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, jpopasia rocks... not only because they gather all the jpop lovers in the world, but because they were able to provide our wants, and it ha s been really helpful into spreading the jpop world in the whole world. :) :) :STbigSmile:

If it's not because of jpopasia, i might not be in love with yuto nakajima and forget about him... and if it's not because of jpopasia, i wasn't able to find wonderful friends here who care for me and for everyone... :) :rock: :rock:

jpopasia isn't only a website... but also our family gathering place... because each of us treat each other like brothers and sisters... :giggle: :smilec:

9yr ago
22,696 jpops
permalink Ow... I just find out that... There is nowhere that I can see the full list of my friends?

What should I do now =.=?

9yr ago
22,696 jpops
permalink ah... I see that I can shop at the mall... But if I wanna buy something but send for my friends as a gift *such as an E-card for Merry Christmas*, how can I do that?

I think that this a good idea to creat one more function for sending one treasure as a present ^^

9yr ago
12,999 jpops
permalink Gah, I know I'm late in saying this, but HAPPY B-DAY JPA!!! Thank you for adding all these new features and making the site so user-friendly! I hope this community here will continue to grow in love and understanding!!!

:RBhalo: :RBheart: :RBhalo: :RBheart: :RBhalo: :RBheart:

9yr ago
659 jpops
permalink ..happy birthday JPA!!

..awee!! i really love you adjustments

..and now i'm trying really hard to convince my brother to buy me a creme account!!

..thank you jpa!! since i'm pretty long here i really thank you!! really are my number one JPOP SOURCE@!!

..ULTIMATE :otsu:
.THANKS!! :jangel: :high5:

Back  |  Forums    Announcements    Jpopasia 2nd birthday
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service