JPA's 4th Birthday!!

87 posts  ·  created 8yr ago by JpopAsia  ·  last post 8yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Announcements    JPA's 4th Birthday!!

JpopAsia
8yr ago
571,239 jpops
permalink Hello everyone!!

Today is a brand new day, not just some day, it's going to be a special day. It's JPA's fourth year of operation! Some of you can remember the early versions and throughout these years we have been refining and tweaking the current JPA. The last major update for JPA was 2,5 years ago. Ages, in terms of internet age. Besides announcing our birthday, we also have the habit to give something each year to all of you, as a JPA birthday gift to you. How nice ^^ This year we will give you a brand new JPA 3.0!!

As said before, we have been operating JPA in the current state for 2,5 years. Until 2 years before it did fine :P but then new ideas popped up and proved kind of impossible without restructuring the entire site. With all the content we all have created the past few years together, changing things is not easy. We have been working hard to plan it all out and will work hard to create the next revolution in Jpop history. What we got for you? Read on! :)

The content
By restructuring, we mean restructuring! The way how content like the lyrics, videos, news and forums is presented to you will be changed drastically. We start with the celebrity profiles where everything is "attached" to. We attach, news to the profiles, we attach lyrics, videos, you name it. We will feature discographies where at the track names the lyrics and videos will be attached to. This will bring structure back, making posting lyrics and videos easier. Finding and exploring new albums, singles, lyrics and videos will be super easy and intuitive this way.

Adding videos will be revised because the structure will be entirely different. It's going to be easier, we promise. A huge request by many of you was the option to add lyrics without being having the video featured. I can say that that will be possible (3,213 lyric fans faints now XD) We have always been a more video focused site and we will entirely shift to a celebrity focused site. Videos will play a role but less of importance as we are used too. This doesn't mean we have less videos, it means we have also other things we'd like you to discover :)

To close the content parts we will also be featuring concerts, more frequent news updates, detailed artist information, discographies, lyrics, videos and picture galleries. The new content strategy will make JPA a central point for all information to be easy accessed, updated, and inter-linked between the pages.

The community
We have a great community here at JPA and do our best to keep it one of the best. The profile section will be changed to a more facebook style profile. This means everyone has a wall that he/she can choose to be postable by anyone, friends or only by themselves. The message system will be saved by threads and you'll be able to send messages to multiple recipients.

The forums will basically be the same except that we accept threaded replies. This is a replacement for a quote, because the reply will come directly under the post you want to comment on. Moreover the user experience is so much better when posting, it doesn't take you to another page, everything you post will instantly be attached to the page without having to refresh your page or be taken to a "write post" page. This is for everything else on our new site btw. Including sending messages, wallposts, comments etc.

The Jpops and Houses system stay intact and we'll try to find new ways to have fun with it.

For some of you, your username might be a little changed. We have always been accepting spaces in usernames. Your profile will be reachable by the url so it will look like this:
www.jpopasia.com/myusername

This can't if you have spaces in your username so we have to remove any spaces in your username to make this possible.

...and the rest...
The change is so drastic that actually every single line of code we use for the current JPA, can't be found back in the new version. It's all build from scratch. It's more future proof, scales better, and will have better performance. And ultimately a happy Jpopper, you!! :D

There are a million other things that's going to be improved but I think I got the most important stuff. When the time comes we will share more information and details. Since the shift to JPA 3.0 is so huge, there will be 2-3 days that JPA has limited features.

The expected date is somewhere January/February 2011. We are doing our best to give you only the best!! It's going to be awesome!! ^^

Anything else?
Yes, yes, we have anything else. Coming weekend the Kouhaku Uta Gassen will open to accept your gamblings for this years white or red team. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then... welcome here :P, and take a look at last years topic: click

For the rest who do know, get your Jpops ready!! ^^

After we have launched JPA 3.0, we will immediately start the JpopAsia Awards for 2010! It will be a little late this year because of the new site but that doesn't mean it's going to be less fun :D

Help us supporting our new project for the best Jpop resource that's ever going to be, by upgrading your account or buy some extra Jpops while you're at it ^^ Thanks so much, it keeps us financially healthy to keep moving forward and provide you only the best!! ^O^ WE LOVE JPOP!! Have a nice day and happy holidays if we don't get to talk before the holidays ^^ :high5: [edit]Last edit by JpopAsia on Wednesday 15 Dec, 2010 at 04:13 -93.6%[/edit][edit]Last edit by JpopAsia on Tuesday 14 Dec, 2010 at 11:00 +0.4%[/edit][edit]Last edit by JpopAsia on Tuesday 14 Dec, 2010 at 07:53 +1.5%[/edit][edit]Last edit by JpopAsia on Tuesday 14 Dec, 2010 at 07:49 +5.3%[/edit]

elenko94
8yr ago
2,065,759 jpops
permalink omg, I can't wait :RBhalo: :D
This will be so much fun :boogie:
I would donate more but I got 0 money in my moms paypal account :sadc:
oh well I might do it after Christmas, this really made my day :)
*excited*

zhelchimarquez
8yr ago
1,794 jpops
permalink HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPA! :RBhalo:

I literally shouted that the profile view will be turned into like in Facebook. ^^ If our profiles changed, then the Shout Box will be gone? :sadc:
And to the url! That made me happy! :giggle: I always dreamed that here in JPA. It's like, it's like you really own your profile or something like that. :tongue:

We're going to wait! *waits impatiently*
Ganbatte! :)

HimeMarie
8yr ago
375 jpops
permalink Yaaaaay I'm so happy! Happy birthday JPA! Just renewed my creme as a gift to you :P

Kihana94
8yr ago
2,569 jpops
permalink HAPPY BIRHTDAY JPOPASIA!!!!

Konanina
8yr ago
16,334 jpops
permalink Woaaa everything sounds so great!
I can't wait! Happy Birthday !

:RBheart: :RBheart:

ranchan
8yr ago
710 jpops
permalink happy birthday JPA <3

BlackRoseWitch
8yr ago
2,265 jpops
permalink :RBhalo: Awesome! Happy Birthday, JPopAsia!!! :D

SakuraMoonlight
8yr ago
2,590 jpops
permalink Happy Birthay JPA~!!! I didn't know its been four years already. I just discovered this site recently. lol. But I'm glad to celebrate your fourth birthday~!! Cheers to the mods and community. :D [edit]Last edit by SakuraMoonlight on Tuesday 14 Dec, 2010 at 08:25 +10%[/edit]

Miki
8yr ago
2,873,694 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday JPOPASIA!!!
I love this forum and will live here till the rest of my life lol I am proud to be a part of this community

kawairen
8yr ago
6,670 jpops
permalink happy birthday!!!!!

omg that sounds fun!! I can't wait X3

ananasana
8yr ago
9,640 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday!!!! :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: I'm gonna buy jpops for X-mas =D

Monster
8yr ago
295 jpops
permalink Woo sounds awesome!! Happy Birthday! :D looking forward to the new site!

aqua431
8yr ago
2,411 jpops
permalink uwaaa tanjobi omedetou JPopAsia!! didn't know it's 4 years already..
seems i've abandoned JPA for a long time :RBfrown: gomenne..
and i'm getting busy too.. miss my old days who played at JPA everyday >.<
but i'll still bet on this years KUG~ :RBstickout:

dotamadness
8yr ago
1,546 jpops
permalink happy bday xD looking forward for the new changes!keep up the hard work guys =)

dreamfighter91
8yr ago
565 jpops
permalink :RBhot: :RBhot: :RBhot: JPA :RBhot: :RBhot: :RBhot: happy birthday :D :) i'm going to buy some jpops ^_^ yup yup. as soo as i get out of school :RBveryAngry:

thank you, JPA for giving me years of happiness ;)

Skeyume
8yr ago
2,564 jpops
permalink Great news! :)
Happy Birthday JPA!! :D

razor2910
8yr ago
9,602 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday, JPopAsia!

KaoriChan88
8yr ago
92 jpops
permalink Happy birthday JPop Asia!!! love you!!

-Malaysia

Stefan
8yr ago
82 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday Jpa and many more birthdays!

unifantasy07
8yr ago
13,745 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday JPA-sama!!!! All the changes sound great ~ i can't wait to see the "face lift" :D

tilla91
8yr ago
34 jpops
permalink HAPPY BIRTHDAY! <3

I´m so happy I found this site! I´m fom Sweden and only have ONE friend that listen to Asian music, so thin is an amazing plaze to meet new friends and talk about music!

<3<3<3

bluesweater
8yr ago
391,355 jpops
permalink YPPAH YADHTRIB!!!! i'm sooooo happy to be a part of JPA. and im so thankful to "JPA-sama" for creating this super amazing site and become a precious part of my life *__* ahahaha
i watch how JPA grows in years and it really amazes me. i cant wait to see the new version next year! :RBhalo:

JPA-sama, ganbatte ne!! :high5:

happy 4th birthday!! x]

insomniac1970
8yr ago
15,451 jpops
permalink Congrats on your fourth birthday, JPA! I'm newbie, but I am really enjoying the site. I hope this next year will be successful as well! :D

cowazaki
8yr ago
128,318 jpops
permalink happy happy birthuday~

seanto
8yr ago
2,165 jpops
permalink happy bday jpa, dont forget to blow the candles out out and wish for something good.

AND OMG I CANT I WAIT FOR THE NEW SITE AS IT WILL BE SUPPER SPECIAL AWESOME. THANK YOU JPA :RBheart:[edit]Last edit by seanto on Tuesday 14 Dec, 2010 at 13:57 +1.6%[/edit]

Zanmato
8yr ago
108 jpops
permalink Happy 4th Birthday, JPopAsia :D Thanks for all :D Good Luck :D

Kiriko
8yr ago
132 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday JPA : D

lettucepocky
8yr ago
1,753 jpops
permalink the updates sound awesome!! i can't believe it's only been four years, happy birthday jpa!! ^^

atomickat
8yr ago
629 jpops
permalink HAPPY BIRTHDAAY JPA!! :D <3

pinktopaz
8yr ago
1,782 jpops

Happy Birthday Dear Jpopasia!!

I am really excited for these new changes to happen.

suchan
8yr ago
473 jpops
permalink HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPA!

the new changes sound great! can't wait to see when it's all done!

hokuboshi713
8yr ago
38,127 jpops
permalink Ooo sounds so awesome, I can't wait. Happy Birthday JPA. :D :D :D

CatLovers
8yr ago
118,151 jpops
permalink Happy birthday JPopAsia!!!

DKtino
8yr ago
187 jpops
permalink Yay!! Can't wait for JPA 3.0
Happy Birthday! :D

ceemvee
8yr ago
88,168 jpops

おたんじょうび おめでとう ございます ジャイパプアイシャ
:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPOPASIA!!! :D

XxLoveDiruxX
8yr ago
5,945 jpops
permalink YATTA! Tanjoubi omedeto, JPA!
I can't wait to see how everything changes!
I hope i can work with the changes!!! ^_^

animelove702
8yr ago
608 jpops

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPA~

this is my favorite site to come to!
i can actually show who i am! because most of my friends don't listen to asian music! so i am really appreciated to you! Thanx so much! xD

~HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY~

[edit]Last edit by animelove702 on Tuesday 14 Dec, 2010 at 20:50 +3.8%[/edit]

GDraGon13
8yr ago
795 jpops
permalink ~HAPPY 4TH YEAR JPOPASIA!!!!! :jangel: :jangel: :jangel:

Wow! Can't wait for that!!!!

:high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5:

krazysamurai12
8yr ago
78,310 jpops
permalink Happy birthday JPA!!!

hokuboshi713
8yr ago
38,127 jpops
permalink Wait...what about songs on albums that don't have MV's?

Killersong
8yr ago
622 jpops
permalink Happy Birthday JPA!!!!!!! :love: :)

NiceGurl112332
8yr ago
11,320 jpops
permalink That's awesome! I can't wait for it. :D

I like the way that it runs now but it sounds like things will run a lot smoother now with all of the upgrades. Thanks for all of the hard work.

leorio00
8yr ago
7,680 jpops
permalink HappEuX B-Day JPA !!!! <3

shaheeda19
8yr ago
333,689 jpops
permalink Can't wait...can't wait!!! I t must be awesome look! Thanks jpa-sama! :D

dilaChan
8yr ago
24,609 jpops
permalink It WILL be totally AWESOME!!!
:RBhalo: :RBhalo: :RBhalo:
Happy Happy Birthday~!

GeeGenie
8yr ago
707 jpops
permalink Congrats. Hope more amazing and fun changes happen. I love the website :RBheart:

Metaphoenix
8yr ago
279,701 jpops
permalink Happy birthday JPA! :D

The improvements sound promising :)

squishysama1
8yr ago
7,780 jpops
permalink this sounds nice...I guess it's going to be like a larger GoKpop now...with more awesome people...and more music XD

Snooopid
8yr ago
245 jpops
permalink HAPPY BIRTHDAY JPOPASIA! Omg I'm only like 7 months old on here and just knowing this site is here just makes it that much more awesome. it feels like i've been on here for years but in reality its been short. So much love has been given to JPA and I would like for it to stay that way for a while.

Back  |  Forums    Announcements    JPA's 4th Birthday!!
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service