[JMovie] Ai no Mukidashi (Love Exposure)

4 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by miyagahy  ·  last post 1yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Movies    [JMovie] Ai no Mukidashi (Love Exposure)

9yr ago
16,055 jpops
permalink Hi hi!!!
Love Exposure is a the new movie directed by Sion Sono, one of my fav Director!!!

Here a resume of the movie:
Lick the stains of divinity and prepare to witness miracles because Sion Sono (SUICIDE CLUB, EXTE) has returned with his most inspired work to date: a four-hour odyssey of love and hysteria, perversion and poignancy, sacrilege and chaos!

As the son of a well-respected priest, 17-year-old Yu (Takahiro Nishijima) has it tough. Among other peculiarities, his father forces him to confess his sins nightly. Trouble is, Yu hasn’t got much in the way of sinning to talk about. Dad doesn’t believe him. He MUST have sinned during the day. To placate his father, Yu starts going out of his way to sin in order to have properly deviant things to confess. He joins forces with a gang of perverts and begins training under the tutelage of a sort of Mister Miyagi of decadence. Their motto is “all perverts are created equal,” but Yu proves that this is clearly untrue. Nobody makes a better pervert than Yu! Trouble is, deep down, he’s not satisfied: the idea of sin is far more stimulating than the acts themselves, and Yu desperately wants to find true love. His very own Virgin Mary. And soon enough, he does! She comes in the form of Yoko (Hikari Mitsushima), and Yu is liquefied, attracted to her flawed innocence, enthralled by the very smell of her original sin. Trouble is, Yoko hates men. Violently. Actually, that’s the least of Yu’s troubles with Yoko. And we’ve already said too much!

The movie wins a lot of price, here:
WINNER: Caligari Film Award, Berlin International Film Festival 2009
WINNER: Fipresci Prize, Berlin International Film Festival 2009
WINNER: Grand Jury Prize, New York Asian Film Festival 2009
Official Selection, New York Asian Film Festival 2009
Official Selection, Hong Kong International Film Festival 2009

[edit]Last edit by miyagahy on Wednesday 15 Jul, 2009 at 17:25 +1.8%[/edit]

9yr ago
16,055 jpops
permalink The Movie itself is really something, you have to be prepare before watch it.
I mean the subject that are aborded in the movie can shock some people. I already saw the movie on the movie festival in my town. And i also saw his others movies as well... like Suicide club, Strange Circus and Exte: Hair Extension, are very good as well.

Love exposure is not hard to understand, but i suggest if u are under 18yd, then don't watch it. Well the movie is funny, but it is talk also about religion, sexuality, pervercity, family and u can get some bloody sence too!!!
The movie was released last year in Japan and last for 4h too, but when i see it it was soo good that i didn't the time fly... ^_^

Now that I saw it i wanna buy it buy I still don't find it with english subs for now, but for one that are enough good in japanese you can buy it on amazon japan or cdjapan.

9yr ago
420,421 jpops
permalink sounds interesting! =D
*added to must seen movie list* XD

9yr ago
5,342 jpops
permalink I watched korean movie last nite and it`s also called "LOVE EXPOSURE". I thought it`s another version in japanese. but then I found from the story line it`s totally different :)

1yr ago
46,078 jpops
permalink One of my all-time favorite films!

Back  |  Forums    Movies    [JMovie] Ai no Mukidashi (Love Exposure)
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service