Japanese artists that are similar to american artist

8 posts  ·  created 8yr ago by julijuli146  ·  last post 6d ago
Back  |  Forums    General music    Japanese artists that are similar to american artist

julijuli146
8yr ago
145 jpops
permalink This is a forum where everyone can discuss and debate who or what artists sound similar or look similar around the world. I made this forum so I could find english music that would be similar to my favourite japanese music.:)

NobodySpecial
8yr ago
17,323 jpops
permalink The closest thing I can find in english music that reminds me of J-Pop is Katy Perry, julijuli146. She's smart, not afraid to take chances, and the chances she takes aren't sleazy. She's having fun doing her music, and that's the quality I like about J-Pop in general.

So now that I've said that, I have to mention that I don't listen to Katy Perry very much, and I don't have any of her albums. Mostly because, even with her coming so close to being similar... it ain't J-Pop... and nothing else really is. That's what I love about it. ^^

vk45de
8yr ago
29,015 jpops
permalink Club S 7 - I've never had a dream come true
Stereopony - Tsukiakari no Michisurube

Music very similar when lyrics are "I've never had a dream come true, until the day that I met you."

and

"tsukiakari no michisurube"

So similar that I can't help thinking Stereopony's song writer must have had this song his the back of his/her mind when writing it whether consciously or not. Hopefully that's not the case and not lawsuit results. I hate lawsuits.

julijuli146
7yr ago
145 jpops
permalink Even though this is slightly not relevant to this forum I found it quite amazing.

YUKI's song cosmic box in the intro and Moumoon's Moonlight in the chorus have a similar melody. I was surprised ^^

lvsanchez115
7yr ago
92 jpops
permalink Olivia (who was the singing voice of Reira in the NANA anime) reminds me of Amy Lee from Evanescence.

Aeris
7yr ago
51 jpops
permalink I agree with this! They both have a hauntingly beautiful voice and a romantic rocker flair.

evilteabag
7yr ago
463 jpops
permalink ellegarden is similar to blink 182 and other 90's punk

pronzite
2yr ago
38,773 jpops
permalink Matsushita Yuya perhaps..maybe because his music and dance influenced by Kanye West, Mj, and american genre.

CloudStrifey
6d ago
75,732 jpops
permalink would probably say Young Juju

Back  |  Forums    General music    Japanese artists that are similar to american artist
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service